Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Scratch Monkey posted:

From what I'm hearing the whole fight was because one guy ordered a medium steak and then another guy ordered a rare steak. Rare steak guy naturally got his first even though he ordered second because his steak was rare and that's how cooking steaks works, but the medium guy was upset because he felt that since he ordered first he should get his steak first. So yeah... Bensalem.

My dad took me to Golden Corral once. It’s, uh, as good as you would expect $5 all you can eat steak would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Wow, that’s some lunatic energy goading people on to tragedy rather than just, you know, going home.

“Welp, we parked our trucks and the government didn’t just collapse and doom thousands to preventable death to appease us. Guess it’s Rambo time.”

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

That fool didn't even realize they prayed to place the Blood of Jesus over the protestors instead of pleading the Blood of Jesus, their spell won't work now!

But yeah it's great because it's literally the opposite of how Jesus commanded people to pray, as well as them treating it like a magic spell where they have to say the right words.

Don’t most recognized Abrahamic religions treat magic (ie casting spells as opposed to being granted favor from god) as anathema?

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
I know we are inured to it now but that constant, “oh? You believe what media and governments tell you?” Snide poo poo is just so tiring.

gently caress head, did you go to Ukraine and tour the front lines and interview the commanders and political leadership? No? Guess what, you too are just believing what media and governments tell you except you’ve chosen to believe Putin and RT both sources which can be trivially shown to be full of poo poo.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

You could watch his brain start to work for for the first time in years in real time. His body started getting all agitated and he was looking off into the distance unfocused.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
"What he did was outrageous. Freedom of speech also requires one to accept responsibility"

I expect this poster to get excoriated for failing the group think.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Safety Dance posted:

It sailed over literally every one of their heads.

It did not.

They believe that the US is a monotheistic nation where their particular flavor of Christianity is held in high privilege.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

moonmazed posted:

what's this "putlim" poo poo

The best part is that the freeper that rant is targeted at is “PGR88” which I can only assume means “PanzerGrenadier88” or, in other words a Neo-Nazi.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

kik2dagroin posted:

quote:

To: escapefromboston
“ Our government is a bigger threat to my personal life than Putin could ever dream of. Putin didn’t threaten to fire me for not taking a vaccine that I neither wanted nor needed.”

Right. Here’s another thing Putin never did: he never installed a completely fraudulent government into the White House. Nor did he commandeer 3/4 of the Executive branch, 4/5 of the legislative branch and all of the judicial branch in making it happen and covering it up. He didn’t gain control of big tech and big media to gaslight the country to forget it happened. America managed to do that all by herself due to the enemy WITHIN, not without. That’s a hard, hard truth. I disagree with Levin’s assessment: The fifth column right here at home is by far the greater threat. Add to the current living fraud a culture permeated in CRT, gender ideology and all the vaccine lies and lost civil liberties for Pfizer’s bottom line and ask yourself: Could any country can survive this level of lying for 20 years more? Rome lasted a thousand years and fell in just eight, for many of the same reasons.

Is there anybody here that can write a credible and specific argument why Russia in “Ukraine” poses a threat greater to America than the above? I sincerely would like to know.

303 posted on 4/24/2022, 9:54:37 PM by Antioch (Against stupidity even the Gods struggle in vain….)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 140 | View Replies]

I find this incredibly depressing.

Although, that he thinks Rome’s collapse only took eight years gives me some hope that this level of dumb is unique to him.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Xiahou Dun posted:

How many brain worms does it take to believe in even a Fermi estimate of these numbers?

Just gonna ignore the bit about the Executive because yeah that's supposed to either be neutral or explicitly of the President, but when exactly was Biden supposed to have taken over the Judiciary? The openly conservative and hugely activist Supreme Court that Trump is responsible for?

Where are these 80 senators and 348 members of the House?

What the gently caress?

Because I enjoy punching myself in the nuts I looked into what the actual intelligent Republican justification is for this rhetoric.

The line of thought is that because the constitution says that the state legislatures choose electors then those rules can not be interpreted through the lens of the state constitution or state laws.

So, if you extend that thought, there is no mechanism for a popular vote that can’t be overturned by the state legislature at any arbitrary point in time. That no matter what the state constitution says or the legislation previously passed and made state law requires they can always just ignore that if they choose.

So, anyone acting contrary to this wild theory, that is people who think that the state constitution and state laws
bind the state legislatures choice of electors, has been co-opted by the nefarious left for the crime of following the law.

Obviously this theory of government is absurd so also obviously Alito, Thomas, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh have all said they agree with it. Presumably, Barrett does too and that’s why she was forced through just ahead of the election however she wasn’t seated in time to rule on any of the relevant cases.

Edit: none of this changes the fact that no state legislature actually attempted to certify a different set of electors than the one mandated by their states laws so is moot from a 2020 election point of view anyway.

Murgos fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Apr 29, 2022

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Neito posted:

I thought a couple of states tried to send two slates?

There were multiple attempts to send alternate slates of electors however none of those alternate slates was ever certified by any of those states.

Federal law requires that the states certify that the slate of electors sent to congress be the correct slate according to various requirements such as all court cases disputing it have been resolved.

The people who sent documents to congress and the archives that purport to be slates of electors but weren’t the certified slates probably committed fraud and the DOJ has said they are investigating this.

There are Republicans arguing that the federal laws requiring certification are unconstitutional but that doesn’t seem to have much traction. Mostly they seem to be focusing on ambiguity in the phrasing since the law governing it was written in 1873. Part of Pence’s argument for why he couldn’t just reject slates was because those slates were certified according to federal law and there were no other alternate slates that were also certified. Not that this stopped Cruz and Hawley from rejecting them anyway.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Xiahou Dun posted:

In this reading, what would even be the point of voting? Like, yes I know that killing democracy is the goal, but what's the internal justification for having people go out and sign little pieces of paper saying who they'd want to be elected? Increase the national confetti reserve?

As noted above the constitution doesn't require that there is a popular vote for president (it does require a popular vote for appointment to congress).

quote:

"Each State shall appoint, in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, a Number of Electors, equal to the whole Number of Senators and Representatives to which the State may be entitled in the Congress: but no Senator or Representative, or Person holding an Office of Trust or Profit under the United States, shall be appointed an Elector."

It's specifically, "in such Manner as the Legislature thereof may direct, " that is the straw they are grasping at. To anyone who thinks about it for 10 seconds the 'Manner as the Legislature therof directed' is the laws of the state and that the laws of the state are subject to the states constitution.

Every state, either by law or constitution, or both, requires a popular vote to determine electors and is bound by that vote.

That's the manner how legislatures direct things. They make laws. That's what that means unless you are a republican who just wants Trump to be president and then welp, gently caress laws.

Murgos fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Apr 29, 2022

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

From what I understand it's the whole "the legislature directed" that's the point of contention considering how 2020's election was. This is why the Stop the Steal idiots are making a big deal about things like the governor of a state extending early voting by two weeks, because that's not the legislature and therefore he doesn't have the power to change election laws/procedures, meaning that any votes cast during that time shouldn't be counted or whatever. Obviously this doesn't apply to every argument they're making but to them it's a good foothold to try and pass laws to limit the governor's power.

Right, except the part where when those acts were challenged in court and the courts sided with the expanded interpretation for all the reasons they did so, up to and including previous legislative acts or constitutional authority giving the governors (or secs of state) that power.

So we're down to "well the legislature has the power and that isn't subject to state laws and constitutions".

Yes, the republican argument is that Democrats only won because they followed all the laws instead of just the laws we like.

Murgos fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 29, 2022

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Nameless Pete posted:

Okay, but how does that locate an Intel leak?

I expect it was Ginny Thomas bragging about how much winning their doing

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Note to conservatives; authoritarian rulers are not liberals no matter what name they cunningly gave their party or background system they grew out of.

Authoritarianism is not a liberal ideal. The 'left' is literally the term used for the group that opposes the king.

Hope this clears things up for you.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I would dispute this, they may object to some forms of it, but they generally do not object to it if it is substantiated by, say, capitalism, rather than "because god said I am the king and I would know because I spoke to him". Liberalism historically was more a complaint against the entrenched power of the aristocracy, not against the concept of entrenched power full stop. The american revolution for example may have complained about the king a lot but it saw little issue with literally owning human beings.

In the modern day of course it does very little to limit the power of the wealthy and does a great deal to support the instruments of their authority, such as the police, and the authority of the state they disproportionately control, like the armed forces.

It's not binary brosef, it's a continuum. Groups can be more or less liberal and carry a moniker of 'liberals' but that's in comparison to another group and doesn't make then 100% adherents to liberalism.

edit: The US Democratic party is 'lib cucks' in the US but when compared to liberal groups around the world is a pretty far right conservative movement.

Murgos fucked around with this message at 16:02 on May 13, 2022

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Wheel of Fortune? The game show where you guess at patterns full of holes of information but they make sure the patterns are so simple you can’t really fail to solve it so you feel smart and smug?

Yeah, sounds right up their alley.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Second verse same as the first?

Remember when in the last bit of Trumpdum there was this thing about actually the Chinese have already invaded and are fighting in Maine! See what Biden has done to the US?

I guess Mexicans at the border wasn’t getting the frenzy needed to mobilize the base to support Trump and his designated winners so they are going even further absurd.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Xiahou Dun posted:

It’s long, complicated and profoundly dumb, but it’s a minor sub-part of the intersection of the Hillary 2016 campaign and the Russian probe that eventually led to the Mueller investigation so it’s been a wing nut right wing obsession for a while as Durham kept shoving crazy Q-lite poo poo into court proceedings and bouncing off.

A little like a very long, slow Kraken lawsuit.

It shows how corrupt the people feeding the narrative are. Any rational legal analysis of the case made it pretty clear that Durham had bupkis. His only real witness had repeatedly said under oath that he couldn’t recall what Sussmann said and that the FBI had at the time already opened an investigation so even if he had been lying about believing Trump had crimed it couldn’t have impacted anything. So, Durham couldn’t actually prove any of the particulars needed to establish criminality and the whole thing had waste of time written all over it from the beginning.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
“The people in fascist garb in a van headed to disrupt a gay pride event were all FBI agents. Now pardon me for a second while I go put on fascist garb and get in this van to go disrupt a gay pride event”

As usual they actually only care that people got caught and it makes their side look bad.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
I’m kind of curious as to why they feel the need to lie about it?

No one other than them believes the false flag narrative and they are wholly for suiting up and going gay bashing, so why do they even pretend to distance themselves?

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

pseudanonymous posted:

If we start a Freedom coin FDM we can um... like destroy the right, right? Or are they too stupid to figure out how to buy freedom?

Someone tell me there’s a bangin business in Trump NFTs. I want to know that freepers and other far right enthusiasts are just being milked constantly by the dumbest frauds available.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

pseudanonymous posted:

We’re going to have to do this as a service. If the price goes down it’s because the libs are trying to own us. Mint Ben Garrison nfts. Profit.

I guess getting sued by Ben Garrison would be fun. Could get old Leonard J Crabs to dust off his law license and respond to the C&D order.

I was thinking just sell stills of Trump from the ellipse rally. “Own 0.001 second of the Trump rally! Forever!”

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Eh, the spiraling circle of ailments of the aged leading eventually to death isn’t uniquely American, it’s the spiraling costs designed to suck every last penny out of the dying persons pocket that’s the bon mot of the lie of the rights version of liberty.

Murgos fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jun 20, 2022

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Prolly doesn't need to be said but everyone even near the positions of nazi power was a volunteer. Conscripts got thrown into poo poo jobs like "front line infantry." You couldn't get into a cool nazi posting like SS camp guard without volunteering.

Like, every one of those responses that involved facts were inaccurate so I wouldn’t stress too much about fixing the record.

My personal favorite is the one that doesn’t understand that the current government of Germany is in fact not the same government that was in power in wwii.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

OAquinas posted:

Yeah, if it was real Abe would have been seen tethered to a balloon and floating off.

I chuckled.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
I always post in a red white and blue palette so I can signal how american I am. How can you doubt the veracity of my claims, can't you see my red, white and blue theme?

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Apparently dried fentanyl is difficult to absorb through the skin and it kind of needs a moist or even better alcohol based carrier to really do anything.

Lady picked up someone’s dropped money. Dad cop flipped out and stressed her out because he can’t separate his on duty paranoid reality from a McDonalds.

No one was hurt but here we all are talking about it.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

It does exist, but it doesn't say what Freep thinks it says. It's Biden saying that the prosecutor is corrupt and not doing his job, and to hire a new prosecutor who will actually prosecute the company, or they won't get the aid.

Right wing media of course spun this into Biden wanting the prosecutor to be fired for investigating his son.

Yeah, it’s the exact opposite of what they’ve been told.

The UK filed suit against the company and the prosecutor in Ukraine refused to take action and investigate. Biden went over, at the UKs request, and forced the prosecution to proceed against the company his child was on the board of.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Lord Hydronium posted:

:lol: this is so astoundingly petty. Not even pretending it's for any reason other than "revenge" for Trump.

To them using your political position to coerce a foreign, dependent government whom we’ve signed treaties to protect to make up dirt on your democratic opposition is why they elected him so impeaching him for doing that seemed nonsensical.

Similarly, conspiracy to commit sedition is what they elected him for so again that impeachment was also irrational.

It all makes sense, from a certain point of view.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Democrats used the written laws and the states own rules to trick Trump out of office but a mob called to the capitol was peaceful and invited into the building even though the US park service had forbidden that march or assembly and they obviously weren’t allowed to be there so obviously there must be a hidden assassin waiting to kill a senator in their impossible midst.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Because the price of gas in Russia means something?

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Warmachine posted:

Real crack legal team they have on Freep. The "It's just my opinion, man!" defense.

It’s interesting that they can’t tell the difference between opinions and lies.

Saying something is true when you know it is false is not an opinion.

“Post truth society” or something.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Captain Log posted:

I listen to a podcast called Knowledge Fight, which uses his Info Wars show as a jumping off point for dissecting the conspiracy movement. Which means I know way too much about Jones and his ilk.

I'm a little surprised he only got four million in damages. I've not read the articles about it yet. But considering how fundamentally he destroyed these parent's lives with his bullshit, four million feels like chump change. That better be in addition to paying their court costs, as well.

The sad thing? He won't have an issue paying that in the slightest. poo poo, he recently got a bitcoin donation that totaled over a million.

4 million in compensation to one family. The compensatory damages don't take into account Jones' shenanigans. There will be a punitive damages phase which could be up to 10x the compensatory damages. In the punitive damages phase they will evaluate how willful Jones was and whether he's shown remorse and did he cooperate and did he even try not to hurt these people and etc... 10X seems unlikely but I think it could be substantial, maybe even 5X. I know some doomers are out there saying he's just going to get another 500k tacked on but I don't think so. I think the total from just this trial is going to be 20+ million.

And then there is another trial in Connecticut with 8 families participating and much higher awards on the table and they have his phone contents now.

And then and then it appears he is now open to a whole lot more poo poo that will come after this because phone.

This is just the first shot landing home, not the whole broadside.

edit: threadreader of the above popehat tweet: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1555303864152117249.html

Murgos fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Aug 5, 2022

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

quote:

To: Observator

> Uh...what about Lock Her Up? <

That was a campaign slogan of sorts. It was not a criminal investigation, which Trump is evidently facing now.

9 posted on 08/10/2022 8:38:55 AM PDT by Leaning Right (The steal is real.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies ]

It’s funny that they literally have no recollection of the FBI criminally investigating Hillary Clinton for over a year and exonerating her of criminally mishandling classified information.

Murgos fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 10, 2022

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Scratch Monkey posted:

For people who claim to live and die by the constitution they sure seem unware of the supremacy clause

Lol, they are completely unaware of due process without getting into arcana like the supremacy clause.

“States will just go raid federal offices and arrest the feds!”

Political spite isn’t due process and is, in fact, against those states own laws.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
“Well, you see the reason why these events don’t fit my narrative is that all the public information gets instantly altered.”

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Scratch Monkey posted:

I don’t know where they were getting their info but here’s that State Dept’s list

https://www.state.gov/foreign-language-training/

I expect the state department also trains foreign diplomats in English so there’s probably a corresponding matrix of x language to English learning course list somewhere.

Probably not in English.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Jagged Jim posted:

no u

quote:

To: ChicagoConservative27

Anyone who doesn’t think the Democrats aren’t trying to terminate the constitution and replace it with progressive socialism is a fool. I’ll take Trump’s alternative any day.

36 posted on 12/03/2022 5:16:27 PM PST by bigbob (z)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

This one has been tickling my brain all morning. What does this even look like?

No judicial branch, no legislatures, just Trumpian fiat? MAGA tribunal rule at the local level (replete with patriotism testing and political imprisonment)? The piecemeal nationalization and Trump control of business that he doesn’t like or wants, media corporations but also pretty much anything is fair game? Trump designating his heir and all major decision making is by his family members?

Edit: Also the complete lack of irony with the, “Trump doesn’t really want to annul the constitution, that’s just what they want you to think he said” takes when it’s exactly what he said and the only way he can get the thing he wants is to be appointed president is by discarding the constitution.

Murgos fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Dec 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Freep: "that’s slightly problematic"
Freep: "That actually does sound fascist."

also freep: "But I'm okay with that and if you aren't you're a lib-cuck baby murderer."

"The constitution is so important to us we are going to read every word of it into the record from the house floor in the new session, even though this is completely pointless posturing."

"Terminate the constitution and appoint me dictator so I don't have to go to jail."

"What he said."