Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I like "feminism-appropriating reactionary transphobe" better.

This works better because whilst I think I understand the idea of calling someone a TERF I don't like insisting someone is a "radical feminist" just to make it fit the acronym. Also, FART!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

RagnarokAngel posted:

I think thats kinda no true scotsmanning that feminists cant have lovely values.

At this point i think TERF is one of those acronyms that transcends the original acronym and people see it as just a word now. Agonizing over a replacement just muddies the water as people have to explain a whole new acronym.

I guess to me it's because I associate "radical feminist" with like, a hippie in the 60s burning her bra. Saying someone is a radical feminist as a way of associating them with trans-hate ruins the term. Either way thanks for explaining.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I can't imagine him taking the time to read and type. There's a reason Twitter is the perfect platform for him.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Actually it’s originally an American term that goes back to the 1830s

Just like some freepers

Huh, apparently so. I always assumed it was just the name of the van that the police used (like it was an Austin Maria or something), especially as in old TV shows and films it always seems to be the same model of van, e.g. as in Withnail and I:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ7SzAm92e4

although this one's blue, and probably the other ones are too but they were in black and white. Anyway I learned something in the Freep thread that wasn't utter contempt, so that's a plus, although I'm now intrigued as to how that particular bit of slang made it over to the UK, which is generally self-sufficient in such things.
[/quote]

Weird, I've grown up in both countries and never heard of the term and you guys are talking like it's common.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Dang, a Freeper basically calling everyone else out for hoarding guns but not being properly worried about anything more sensible:

quote:

“Shhhh, you will get all the chicken little fear mongers on here all upset”

Says the renowned Meta Concern Troll. Heh, heh.

Taking notice of threats and preparing for them isn’t being a chicken little.

Say, do you have guns for self defense? How many times have you been mugged? Ever been an unwilling participant in a mass shooting?

But feel free to go back to playing in traffic.

9 posted on 08/03/2020, 00:15:28 by calenel (Don't panic. Prepare and be vigilant.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Pontius Pilate posted:

To keep it on topic, how’s freep responding to corona being real? Or new and improved avian flu to keep it more on topic. Assume a healthy dose of common flu comparisons and griping about the media overreacting; with a handful of freepers rightfully worried because of them being ancient, and then some of those descending into prepper madness; plus a whole shitton shrieking over how all borders should’ve been closed forever and this is all a conspiracy to bring trump down?

It’s probably way more homogenized and boring but please some brave goon save us from further discussing body slamming gooses

From a short thread on Trump's response to the virus:

quote:

My President did a great job last night. He is always up front,out front and right!
In the case of the overhyped pandemic Trump is doing the right thing by going all in.
It’s drat if you do drat if you don’t respons, but driven by and for the dimmocrats all in against him . Well played

9 posted on 12/03/2020, 11:59:45 by Recompennation

quote:

The President has handled this thing brilliantly on every level.

The most significant action he took was to quarantine the United States by ordering the early travel restrictions. That was a bold and decisive move.

While Congress was busy making fools of themselves in January, President Trump was already prepping for China Flu.

There is nothing thus far to criticize.

Dems have fired up yet another of their endless supply of exploding cigars.

It’s what they do.

13 posted on 12/03/2020, 11:23:18 by jazminerose (Why do democrats hate black people?)

The longest thread on this I saw linked on the front page:

Trump Says He’s Suspending All Travel From Europe for 30 Days

quote:

Monroe Doctrine Time

25 posted on 12/03/2020, 02:33:40 by Hieronymus ("I shall drink--to the Pope, if you please,-still, t Conscience first, and to the Pope afterwards.")

quote:

Correct,shut off Mexico.

27 posted on 12/03/2020, 02:33:53 by oldasrocks (Heavily Medicated for your Protection.)

I just like Linda's strong middle-aged Midwestern mom energy

quote:

My husband is the president of the Midwest hockey affiliation (volunteer). They canceled the district....national championship tournaments. Hockey never cancels...I’ve been to games in northern Minnesota during a blizzard. Hockey never cancels...except now. My husband hasn’t been off the phone to ask why.....wow.
52 posted on 12/03/2020, 02:41:12 by Linda Frances (Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness.)

Just wow. Though a great way to self-select I guess

quote:

Cruises are cheep! I looked tonight. 330 dollars for 8 day Caribbean cruise on carnival. I’m tempted to have me and my wife go. Leaves March 21st. Still thinking.

90 posted on 12/03/2020, 03:00:21 by napscoordinator (Trump/Hunter, jr for President/Vice President 2016)

No they do not, Brexit travel rules don't take effect until the end of the transition period. Quite a few Freepers made this same claim.

quote:

Italy is a major hot spot for Coronavirus, but banning travel from Italy would be ineffective. The EU nations have open borders, so there’s no way to tell if someone trying to fly from another EU nation was recently in Italy and might have a higher risk of carrying the virus. Since Brexit, the UK no longer shares open borders with the rest of Europe. Presumably to travel from Italy to the UK you would need passports and visas, which would document a higher risk of exposure. Hence a general travel ban from the UK is not necessary.

91 posted on 12/03/2020, 03:01:18 by stremba

Hey Max Iron Man

quote:

Ummm how about suspending travel from and to CHINA. Those assholrd invented it at wuhan.

116 posted on 12/03/2020, 03:23:29 by max americana (Fired ONE libtard at work at every election since 2008 because I enjoy them crying)

Tuberculosis from Mexico, what? Everything is just a reason to deploy troops across the southern border to this guy.

quote:

My thought on this is, how many Europeans are we keeping out in comparison to how many Central Americans are coming over the southern border?

If this is indeed prudent, and I am not disagreeing, if this that serious, then we should be deploying active military personnel along every vulnerable section of the southern border.

We are essentially closing the border to first world Europeans and leaving a much bigger border open to 3rd world invaders who are already carriers of a considerable number of other serious diseases. Example, keep Europeans from bringing in this virus, but allowing Mexicans to bring in tuberculosis.

Am I missing something here??

134 posted on 12/03/2020, 03:42:45 by ChildOfThe60s (If you can remember the 60s........you weren't really there)

I feel like this is a dogwhistle

quote:

So if I go over I guess I can’t come back huh? That’d be fine as long as I go to Poland!

142 posted on 12/03/2020, 03:52:03 by rfreedom4u (The root word of vigilante is vigilant!)

quote:

Ironic that there’s a travel ban between the Europe and US. All sorts of nasty, once-controlled diseases have been coming into the US through our porous southern border for decades.

156 posted on 12/03/2020, 04:10:36 by BradyLS (DO NOT FEED THE BEARS!)

Everyone knows that diseases are spread by nationality and have nothing to do with where you were.

quote:

Why ot just ban ALL travel from ALL non-Americans for 30 days, and also seal the borders?

163 posted on 12/03/2020, 04:18:27 by montag813

Please don't do this guys

quote:

“330 dollars for 8 day Caribbean cruise on carnival”
Wow, incredible. Pretty soon they will be PAYING you to go.

You know, if you are one of the few that caught this bug early, this summer might be a great time to take in as many cruises as you can at dirt cheap prices.

Yeah, I know there are a few anecdotal claims that people have been "reinfected", but that does not appear to be the case. Soon enough, we will know for sure.

194 posted on 12/03/2020, 07:09:40 by ETCM

Surprised that there isn't more like what you expected. It seems to be mostly "it's an overblown dem plot against Trump and he's handling it great, combined with a little 'CLOSE ALL THE BORDERS AND SHOOT MEXICANS'"

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Also confusing the EU with the Schengen Area, which the UK has never been part of.

I meant to add in my post that excluding the UK from the ban is 1000% a favour to Boris Johnson and has zero do to with health concerns. Or as the news alert I got whilst compiling that post said:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Amazing seeing Freepers try to argue with each other over Fox News telling them that everything is fine.

Also lol at ladyjane there saying it's young people who are treating it as a holiday and infecting people when there's Freepers in every thread bragging about how they're still traveling and how they're not fooled by this whole hoax.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Zipperelli. posted:

Freep: Scramble “PANDEMIC” and you get “DEM PANIC” !!

mods plz

:emptyquote:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I wonder if they had the same thread after the shooting at the Holocaust museum?

Lol of course they didn't he was literally a Freeper and they knew it

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Facebook, but the sentiment is so drat Freepy. I expect we'll be seeing these kind of exchanges on the site soon.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Any freeping on the black man who was murdered a day ago?

Jesus Christ, really?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Maybe I wrote this incorrectly? The incident is horrific, just wanted to know if freeps got to propagating Nazi ideology to justify murder on this person yet

Oh no I just meant "Jesus Christ, I can't believe this thread is how I learn about these things now". You did nothing wrong unless you're the cop.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

quote:

To: Trumpisourlastchance

Now that you’ve given up, are you going to change your screen name?

16 posted on 06/15/2020 7:34:04 AM PDT by Balding_Eagle ( The Great Wall of Trump -— 100% sealing of the border. Coming soon.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]
The most optimistic freeper, everyone.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Honestly I thought I remembered Freep declaring the military over like a decade ago. Definitely when they dropped Don't Ask Don't Tell. What kind of difference does this new ruling even make to the military?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

dwarf74 posted:

There are a number of local conservatives who are suddenly extremely invested in the legacy of Nancy Green, a person I'm sure they knew existed before today and definitely won't be forgotten about as soon as she's no longer a useful prop.

Lmao. Her wiki was informative. The edit history is exactly what you'd expect. Quiet for ages and suddenly:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

OAquinas posted:

THIS guy though....this guy can eat a bag of dicks.

Was going to quote that. Is this a new thing? Does fentanyl enhance the effects of being choked to death and it wasn't the loving knee at all?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

VitalSigns posted:

oh poo poo

are they still accepting new members

The final goonrush?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Plinkey posted:

Army's First Woman Green Beret Set to Graduate

quote:

To: kevcol
Something doesn’t add up.

When in high school I could run faster than any woman in the world. Yes, any woman in the world.

I would not have even tried to be a Ranger, Seal or Green Beret. The reason is I knew I could not have passed.

25 posted on 6/27/2020, 9:04:59 PM by yarddog ( For I am persuaded.)

This should be an art piece titled "The Confidence of an Old White Man (20th Century)"

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Jagged Jim posted:

NFL to Start Week 1 Games With Black National Anthem, says ESPN

quote:

First, if a Black is born in the USA he/she is an American. If born in Africa but is a citizen of the USA he/she is an American. Second, kneel during our National Anthem and I’m done with the NFL.

52 posted on 07/03/2020 4:49:58 AM PDT by From The Deer Stand
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

But Obama was born in Kenya and therefore he's not American? :confused:

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I don't remember seeing much blatant anti-Semitism and David Duke praising on Freep in the past. I think JimRob and whatever other mods there are just don't really check anymore and people can come straight from Stormfront et al to recruit in a way that wouldn't have happened pre-2016.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

quote:

Wow. That is one sexy looking 15 year old. They’re gonna be in for a fun time with that one. The fact that they’re only NOW taking away her phone tells me they’re far too lenient parents.

12 posted on 7/13/2020, 11:30:23 PM by JudyinCanada (I miss Brother Rob.)
Judy really needs to keep a better eye on her husband cause gross.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

quote:

To: Glad2bnuts
"I hope he is with Christ in Heaven"

Hell no!! I don't want to see his ugly face when I get there.

95 posted on 7/18/2020, 1:13:55 AM by mass55th ("Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." ~~ John Wayne)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 89 | View Replies]
So I have good news and bad news...

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

quote:

Agree! I don’t understand why intelligent people can’t understand that God created us to take in a certain amount of oxygen with each breath. That would equal the 100% figure. Reducing intake to only 40% is (1) really, really stupid and unhealthy, and (2) blasphemous.

Disrespecting God’s plan is what RATs do, but most of us on FR live Judeo-Christian lives and should know better.

72 posted on 8/5/2020, 3:48:21 AM by MayflowerMadam (If 100% of us contracted this Covid Virus only 99.997% would be left to tell our story.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]
Sounds like living in Denver is also an affront by this logic?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

The only recent regs on Freep are now outright white supremacists there to further radicalise them, like that "White Lives Matter" poster. I checked and he regged last month, usually the latest regdates are like 2008.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Don't take this too far guys, Freep adores Nikki Haley and I'm pretty sure still loves Condi. They'd say she's in the bad place for not being Christan.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I'm assuming these people who think there is a nation-spanning central communist antifa command have never been to a meeting of... any leftist organization.

Everyone assumes the other side is competent and organised because the idea that everyone is flailing around trying to do their best and not actually marching in lockstep with perfect knowledge is apparently unbearable.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

It's just this all over again.

https://twitter.com/FreeRepublicTXT/status/705063070612234242?s=20

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I think his kid will keep it going, possibly even modernise it somewhat when enough of the old timers die off. Don't forget, it's his families entire income (iirc aren't all the extended family on the payroll with different bullshit reasons?) so he has every motive to not let the cash cow die out. It eventually will of course because younger people don't pay for stuff like Freep, there's a million places online you can go be racist with other racists and call it conservative politics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Georgia Peach posted:

[quote=]

To: rxsid
This is good. The sooner they are certified the quicker the path they will be on to get decertified.

4 posted on 11/23/2020, 3:44:21 PM by libh8er

[/quote]
All these losses can only bring us closer to victory! :chaostrump:

I wonder if we'll see them drop off properly before the inauguration or if they'll hold onto it as long as Trump keeps it up.