Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I mean I don't think anyone should own a private firearm but lol at that actually coming about so sure, get something that doesn't explode your eardrums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'm really looking forward to Freep finding out there ain't no wall fundin' in that there budget.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Alter Ego posted:

The tears. They nourish me.

When Trump signs it, they shall flow ever the more heartily.

You're thinking too small.

The true great wish of all connoisseurs of tears is that he vetoes...and congress overrides. :getin:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Also lol at the one guy going "Wait, wait, he got 1.5 billion for border security! THAT'S WALL MONEY!"

No-one tell him there's a specific provision in the bill saying 'That ain't no wall money'

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Jagged Jim posted:

Nice of Trump to state that he had to be told three separate times that he wasn't under investigation in his statement.

It doesn't occur to them at all that there's a reason the NYT is just running that crazy as gently caress letter as the centerpiece of their paper tomorrow, does it?

"THANKS FOR SAYING I'M NOT UNDER INVESTIGATION NOW STOP INVESTIGATING YOU'RE FIRED!!!!" sounds really clear and not guilty as gently caress, right?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Couldn't they just leave, like, a normal tip but also a little thing with a 'hey maybe consider my church' bit in it too.

How would that be so hard.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Zeroisanumber posted:

It's really amazing how spineless and cynical the GOP congressional caucus is. But what's more amazing is their base which doesn't seem to be able to realize it at all.

I'm never sure I'd call it being spineless, either. I could see the wheels in their head turning during the mess after the election, every Republican 'we can't just overturn an election' having an unspoken 'but boy...what if we could? Wouldn't that be swell?' after it. I'm not sure it's spinelessness so much as throwing up their hands and pretending 'oh no, guess we gotta go fascist now, nothing we could've done, not like we wanted to do this already!'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Nitrousoxide posted:

It's my understanding that the camel, eye of a needle thing as a metaphor for the gate *is* accurate and likely what it was intended as by the author.

I mean it doesn't jive with it being the literal meaning of the text, but I think that is the actual intention of that passage.

This is incorrect. The eye of the needle gate thing is an explanation used for centuries, yes, but it has nothing to do with the original text. Entirely because the original text is troubling to many who read it, this text has had a *shitload* of 'well it doesn't actually mean what it says' explanations over the years, ranging from 'actually Jesus was asking this guy to do Bonus Round extra stuff and we don't actually have to do it' to 'it's a gate that's actually just hard to get a camel through, not impossible, so it's fine' (which is also used to support the 'this is a laudatory act but unnecessary for base salvation').