Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013

Duke Igthorn posted:

Or just...you know...the messages themselves... there are SO MANY of these "I bet she was leading him on!!!!" posts that just ignore that Bolling would just pull out his phone and prove it if that were true. Freep lives in a world where women just have to start screaming accusations without corroboration or evidence and powerful men are taken down before said powerful men get a chance to even reach for their phones. It's amazing really.

It's because most of them are divorced and were never able to read simple body language when it comes to women. A woman leading a man on is any woman who doesn't immediately say 'I am married and have no interest in you'. Friendly chat by the watercooler? Flirting! Returning a smile from across the room? Flirting! Quietly tolerating you leading them around by the arm, putting your arm around their shoulders or you otherwise invading their personal space*? Flirting and they totally want to bone you!

*Any woman who asks you to please stop doing that, you're making me uncomfortable is an evil bitch feminazi trying to make you look bad.

SwingShift fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Aug 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013

Yeah, I had a similar reaction. Just comfort yourself the way I do; realize that if they ever came face-to-face with this woman they'd probably say something stupid and then piss themselves in fear.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013
It's always a bit gratifying to read up on their thoughts on Natives. Deep down those fuckers a still afraid of us, just enough to turn us into boogeymen like all the other people they're afraid of.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013
"I honestly credit it for making me right wing from a very early age, since all my heroes were hyper-masculine and taking the law into their own hands."

It's such a good and admirable thing when overclocked meatheads decide to pursue vigilant justice. America doesn't have any historical issues with that sort of activity at all.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013

Tony Phillips posted:

Jesus Christ the idea of Freep being around when Bernard Goetz happened just popped into my head.

Look, I'm only in my mid twenties so I had to look up this guy... jesus, what a mess. I was thinking more along the lines of lynching black men who "attacked" "white women" (aka walked on the same side of the street as them, or out-performed a white dude at something) when it comes to vigilant justice.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013
Do these idiots not realize that a checkmate results in an immediate win and then end of the game because the opponent can't respond in any other way that doesn't end in death? You don't keep checkmating over and over again, that's just a check.

I know this is a stupid thing to focus on, but it's either nitpick or sit here wondering if they a) think the children currently locked in cages are actually children but evil anyway or b) think all the children locked in cages are actually tiny adult Mexican gang members.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013
Reading that Laz quote right after getting high was the wrong decision, holy poo poo. How can someone be so blatantly out for blood and yet view themselves as the good guys? Even most lovely Freepers will phrase/contextualize their mass murder as being in defense, like death by hanging after getting convicted for being a scary thug or gang member or whatever. Laz is just straight up designing grotesque torture camps complete with automatized machines to do the job. How does this happen? How does someone's brain break that badly?

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013
Even though I am well aware of how much they hate her, the absolute seething disgust and pure rage they expel whenever Hillary is brought up still surprises me every so often. It's a nice reminder that old fucks like them really do hate women, no matter how much they might try to use us as bargaining chips (we have to protect women from scary black men! we have to protect them from scary trans people! we have to protect them from the Muslim hordes! etc) and are completely repulsive about it.

The fact that they're bending over backwards to declare Melania the best first lady ever despite her doing nothing of importance while looking completely miserable is funny when it's not infuriating. I hope they live just long enough to see a ton of progressive women like Alexandria earn their places of political power and help change this country for the better.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013

Rape Stink posted:

If you hate yourself go check out the threads about the super punchable MAGA chud kid who got caught antagonizing that old Native dude at the March for life protest. Apparently that kid is the real hero and we should all hope to be so brave in the face of such hatred... Jesus loving Christ, usually I'm fairly immune to freeps particular brand of hatred but for some reason this poo poo just set me off today and I had to stop.

I'd post quotes but I don't feel like going back in there and I'm on my phone so some other brave soul will have to dive in.

Thanks for the heads up, I was curious about their reactions but now I know better than to go looking. I figured they would at least be upset about some lovely kid antagonizing a Vietnam vet, but I guess not!

SwingShift fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jan 20, 2019

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013

Cythereal posted:

It's racism. They're not upset.

That's... exactly what I said?

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013
I learned a new word today: virago! A freeper called Ann that. Apparently the original definition is a woman of heroic and virtuous qualities, but that's not the first one that pops up when you google it. That is "a domineering, violent, or bad tempered woman". I can safely assume the freeper meant the second one... but its interesting that virago is used as an insult when it isn't supposed to be.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

I can't tell if this is some sort of derogatory nickname or a typo.

You know the truth in your heart.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013

myron cope posted:

That one Freeper who said they want to start their own country can definitely do it. They can have... Montana? Wyoming? Idaho? I dunno there's land out there.

They can build their big beautiful wall too

Hey I know this was a joke but no you are not giving my native tribes ancestral land that they risked their lives to reclaim to goddamn chuds and white supremacists you dumbass

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013
When I read the leagues of posts bemoaning how alone and sad they are on xmas and I start to feel just a little bit bad for them all I have to do is remember the last few posts. Jesus christ.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

I saw an ad today that was about how a teen was very disaffected by social media and couldn't make any real friends, but then he joined the Army and had tons of friends.

Probably the saddest pitch I've ever seen for the military.

Is that the one where a young guy is approached by a blue hologram version of himself with screens popping up around him and stuff? I thought the message was pretty insidious but at the same time I can't imagine zoomers being very impressed with it.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I have to wonder, as the doctor posting there about the vaccine, when you see these replies why stick around there? One of your brain cells must signal that these people shouldn’t be interacted with, right?

But then they'd lose all their racist sexist friends.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013

Xiahou Dun posted:

HOLY loving poo poo.

Incredible, isn't it, to see poo poo that would have gotten this fucker dickpunched 15 years ago trotted out as a reason to continue to be racist.

It's always fun to see how quickly this asshats turn on their fellow white people when they don't toe the line. Usually it's aimed at white women but I think it's pretty telling their minds go to white men being cucked out of existence.

SwingShift fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Feb 10, 2021

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013
Where is this calling her a whore and excall girl stuff coming from? I know they hate women and anyone not their specific brand of white, but huh? Is it just because she "married above her rank" thing I see people bitching about?

Side note, it's funny how the idea of marrying into royalty is enshrined in fairy tales and is basically a genre on hallmark and yet a poo poo ton of people seem irrationally angry that someone who isn't them managed to do exactly that.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013

Zeroisanumber posted:

I don't get why people get so wrapped up in that show when there are way better kids shows to get wrapped up in.

Like, wouldn't every FReeper want to be Stan from Gravity Falls or someone like that?

No because Stan dedicated 30 years of his life to try and bring back someone he cared about and freepers would NEVER.

Also the Pines are jewish so...

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

Well they can't like She-ra or Avatar because they've got The Gay Agenda!

I forogt about this. A lot of cartoons are a lot more diverse, both race and sexuality wise. Steven Universe, the owl house, avatar and its sequal korra, she ra, amphibious, adventure time, star vs the forces of evil and a bunch of others have openly queer characters amd lots of nonwhite characters. Watching modern cartoons probably feels like a constant remonder that they lost the culture wars hard.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013

Nick Biped posted:

Sorry, but as someone that's watched it, I can't help but point out it's spelled Amphibia. :eng101:

But yeah, I'm impressed with how cartoons have developed in the past few years (you can also throw in Hilda, Kipo, Infinity Train, etc.) in terms of diversity and it feels natural too.

Sorry I was phone posting (aaaand thats the one in the list I haven't seen yet).

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013
I've often wondered what they really thought about us bc natives are basically never brought up in conversation, its always black people/Mexican people/immigrants but... now I known . Surprise surprise it's infuriating bullshit that let's them whitewash poo poo.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013
He also hates the people chanting his name. Even the clip of them screaming YOU WON at him didn't really have him smiling. He thinks they are dirty gross nobodies and was happy he didn't have to shake their hands. He wants to be surrounded by the beautiful elite but this is all he gets.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013

Scratch Monkey posted:

They literally ran from the police the moment they heard they were being charged and are currently most well known for leaving a gun laying around that was then used in a mass shooting.

These extremely damning details are certainly not being reported on the "media outlets" these people watch, meaning they only hear of them when the lying leftist media reports them and we all know Those People can't be trusted to tell the truth about responsible gun owners (tm). Or it's a very garbled version - of course those god fearing people ran for the hills for their safety! They told their lawyer so! The fact that they then did not return and had to be hunted down and were found hiding in a warehouse somewhere won't even reach their ears.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013

ILL Machina posted:

Gotta load up on the roast beef carving, rolls, and ice cream. Salad bar isn't that bad if you can take the ecoli like a boss. Get with it, man, clearly only been once.

This. You don't go to Golden Corral for good quality steak, you go for a huge spread of cheap-rear end food which ranges from food poisoning to decent. Same reason you go to any buffet. Maybe I'm just lucky but I've only gotten food poisoning once in my life and it wasn't Golden Corral. I will also maintain that it is far better than the likes of Olive Garden, which is pure bland garbage.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013

KittyEmpress posted:

Isn't like, every red state besides Texas super reliant on federal funding mostly sent from blue state taxation at the end of the day? Do people not know the economic issues that would come up for their states without federal assistance?

No because they are all hardworking rugged individualists and if they left it is actually the limp wristed, latte sipping metrosexual liberals who would suffer and lose money and starve.

(But really no, they do not know that and if you tell them that they will call you a liar.)

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013
Ah yes "ethnic Americans" with "long roots" are what count as real Americans... immigrants are good but only as long as they are their own ancient and long dead ancestors.

I actually half agree with the books poster, reading a lot of books can grant a pretty big advantage with grammar and spelling, although I do not dislike e-books like them. It's pretty cool to have a pocket library, and they are often cheaper than the physical. He does know you can buy both if you really like the book, right? I also wonder what he thinks about the recent book bannings.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013
I like that Tupelo person getting mad about classism in Freep. Bad mouthing trailer parks, you say? Degrading others because of their perceived backgrounds, you say? Sounds a little... elitist.

Also what did Zelenskyy do to provoke Putin into a war? I haven't heard that one before.

Pontius Pilate posted:

Love the occasional Limbaugh worship that still crops up. He’s been dead for over two years; it’s gonna be like chappaquiddick and be referenced until every last one of them is dead. There’s gonna be some guy in his 80s in fifty years screeching let’s go Brandon in the wasteland

It's better he died the hero in their eyes rather than live long enough to become a villain, which is what happened with 99% of their other 'saviors'.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013
It always goes to women being raped in the streets. Like I'm sure they imagine constant rapes happening in Urban Centers already anyway and yet they always escalate to "if X happens, so and so will have to deal with their daughters/wives/selves being raped constantly". Like the homosexual muslim pedos are going to take over if we stop helping Israel bomb Gaza and start raping everyone right now! And then you'll be sorry, lefty women!

But also rape culture totally isn't real and is just a ploy to make red blooded american men ashamed of their existence somehow. Starts to feel like a lot of them just want to rape people themselves, they fixate on it so much.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013
I like how their reactions were split between "hell yeah! violate those humans rights, godking trump!" and the rest were like "nooooo, he would never do that! this is just made up bs to make him look bad!" I want these old nerds to fight each other more.

I also love how sad that person is about grocery outlet advertising in Spanish. Oh no! Spanish speaking people ringing up my reasonably priced groceries! How will I ever cope?

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013
It's kind of funny at least one of them realizes Trump would absolutely prefer to be in some expensive club with a rapper than having lunch with a regular maga donor - not because he just loooove him some black men, but because rappers are more likely to have lots of money than random Arkansas racist grandma. Heck, they even realized he truly does hate almost all of his supporters because he thinks they're beneath him.

Also this is the first time I've seen magadonians and I hope to never see it again.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013
Bless you McGlockenshire.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013

Lord Hydronium posted:

Okay, I admit I'm not super familiar with the Bible (which probably still makes me more knowledgeable than the average Freeper), but weren't the visitors to Sodom angels who the locals assaulted, leading to their destruction? That seems like it makes the exact opposite point to Freeper beliefs.

Yeah they were angels, specifically sent down by God to save Lot, who was deemed the only decent man in the two cities. Essentially some angel (don't remember who) asked God if it was okay to doom good people by their proximity to bad people and God admitted maybe that sorta sucked, so yes, go get Lot and his family. The two angels, who took the form of human men, arrive and Lot shows them hospitality (!) and then a mob of men show up and basically demand Lot hand them over so they can rape them. Lot, trapped between the rules of sacred hospitality and an angry mob, offers his two virgin daughters instead (and why yes that is very hosed up, but whatever) and the mob gets angry and as they go to attack the house the angels turn on their divinity switch and blind them all with heavenly light. Then they tell Lot he and his family need to get out of the city because it's all going to be destroyed. They flee, Lot's wife looks back despite being told not to and is turned into a pillar of salt, and only Lot and his daughters escape.

Idiots take this story and decide that since the angels were men shaped and the men of the city wanted to rape them, this means it was the Gay Agenda that doomed these two cities. Even though, as pointed out by Lemniscate Blue, it was stated that arrogance and material wealth and apathy towards those with less was what doomed them.

The person saying that the city had issues with uninvited guests clearly remembers less than I do about the Bible, which is saying a lot because I barely know anything.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013
Every time my old state of Montana does something even vaguely good I get real proud, in part because I know it will piss off people like freepers. I'm surprised they didn't write the whole state off after the MT Supreme Court decided a woman's right to an abortion was considered private information protected by the Montana state constitution.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013

VitalSigns posted:

Idk I can remember famous dates like the period of the Obama-Biden administration (2009-2017) without looking them up, let alone important events in my own life, and even I forgot if it were relevant to a federal investigation I'd be able to look it up and have it ready at hand.

I also don't confuse Mexico for Egypt or claim to have had recent conversations with people who have been dead for years.

If you guys really can't remember what year you got married you might want to see a doctor.

People tend to forget certain specifics of things that don't feel that important to them. I can remember specific events, conversations, and incidents from when I was in elementary school, middle school and high school but for some reason the years I graduated from high school, my local community college and my other less local community college escape me constantly because those years all just blur together for me. And it's a running joke among my friend group that unless a person continued to be part of that friend group I have 100% forgotten you (so about 70% of the people we used to hang with as a group in hs). Names, even faces, all gone because my brain decided they aren't important. I'm 32.

I think Biden's age is showing but I don't really think him remembering specific dates is all that important because he has plenty sharper people working with him and lacks maliciousness, which at this point is really important to me. Are you a malicious rear end in a top hat? Don't like that. Do you forget the date ranges of poo poo that you were involved in? That sucks but Idc as much. Would I like a younger mind who is also not a malicious dickhead as president? Sure, I'd also like to end child hunger and halt the destruction of our ecosystems but those things aren't on the table at this time. It's either the hateful dickhead succumbing to dementia who wants to rain fire on people who hurt his fee-fees, or the old man who is trying to accomplish poo poo and sometimes forgets/mixes things up but isn't openly sliding into dementia.

Again, if there was a third and better option, we all would like that, but we have been denied such things. This isn't about what should be or what we want, it's about working with what we got.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013
It's funny how any time someone acknowledges that the democrats do try to work hard and smart from time to time get hit with a "no it's all LIES, and fraud, no one actually agrees with them or votes for them it's all fake" because they really can't stand for a single vaguely complimentary comment to be thrown their way. Even when peppering in how evil and diabolical they are it's not enough, someone has to slide in and insist they are only winning by fraud and not because they made a good choice or had good messaging.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

It feels very strange for freep to discuss Dragon Ball. I don't think I like it.

Somehow I think freepers are unaware that Son Goku is based on Sun Wukong, aka one of the main characters from the chinese novel Journey to the West. Any time these guys talk about Dragon Ball or MLP or what have you it seems weird because it's hard to imagine them even liking characters who would idk, advocate for peace over violence. I wonder where they fall on the pirates vs ninjas debate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013

Scratch Monkey posted:

Are they saying much more about “sleepy don” nodding off in court?

He is a true alpha male ten steps ahead and is falling asleep to show how much they don't scare him. Brave selfless patriot etc.