Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

SocketWrench posted:

Given these people practically fellated Bush his whole two terms in office this is loving hysterical

Who? You must be imagining things, Bush only had one term then it was Clinton who was the most liberal commie ever, then nothing else happened, then Obama did 9/11ghazi and was the most liberal commie ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Night10194 posted:

Every now and then I catch myself hoping these bastards die alone and terrified, abandoned by their friends, family, and country.

You'll probably get that wish, considering that's how they already live.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Mantis42 posted:

He's telling that bleeding heart Jesus to stuff it, now. :unsmith:

You can take these wings and halo and cram them up your rear end!!!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

He was a horrible, hate-driven bastard and yet still far more compelling and authentic than the cowardly RaHoWa daydreamers who constitute the rest of that site's population.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Crossposting this from CSPAM (post in CSPAM!), because good lord if this woman isn't a Freeper, she might as well be.

quote:

In a living room in western Pennsylvania, the Republican National Convention was on TV, and Melanie Austin was getting impatient.

“Who’s that guy?” she said, watching some billionaire talk about prosperity and tolerance. “Prosperity and tolerance? Forget that sh--.”

She lit a cigarette. Her boyfriend, Kevin Lisovich, was next to her on the couch, drifting to sleep, a pillow over his head. On the ottoman was her cellphone, her notes on the speakers so far — “LOCK HER UP!!” she had written — and the anti-anxiety pills she kept in a silver vial on her keychain.

She was a 52-year-old woman who had worked 20 years for the railroad, had once been a Democrat and was now a Republican, and counted herself among the growing swath of people who occupied the fringes of American politics but were increasingly becoming part of the mainstream. Like millions of others, she believed that President Obama was a Muslim. And like so many she had gotten to know online through social media, she also believed that he was likely gay, that Michelle Obama could be a man, and that the Obama children were possibly kidnapped from a family now searching for them.

It only gets crazier from there, and I could have quoted more or less any section from it. Seriously, everyone in this thread ought read the whole story.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

MizPiz posted:

How do you guys think Dalereed would have taken the news? I want to believe this would be where he'd lose all respect for Trump.

Shut up! What the hell is a "hot mic" anyway!!!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Freepers: I hate Muslims as much as anyone.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Darkman Fanpage posted:

They say the same thing about most science. Frankly I think science has failed Freep.

"Your facts are interpreted as lies by my brain."

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

McGlockenshire posted:

From Insiders say Donald Trump is 'disgusted' by Chris Christie posted by freeper monkapotamus

It's an article from the New York Post, so take it with as many grains of salt as you need.

I find it odd that Trump has more ethical scruples than Chris Christie. I'm not sure if I'm prepared to believe this, and I'm not alone.

I'm not inclined to believe it either, but on the other hand Bridget Kelly is a reasonably attractive woman, and Christie is a debatably-ambulatory hefty sack full of medical waste. It's not hard to believe Trump would favor the one he could creep on over the one that he holds in contempt.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Both, though the Thebans were explicit about it whereas with Sparta it just sorta happened organically and to a lesser extent.

Really obscure comedy option: That puts the one final push Epaminondas called out for at Leuctra into a whole new context! :pervert:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Neo_Crimson posted:

Obama and Pence vying for the Shadow Presidency would be the cherry on top of this crypto-fascist poo poo sundae.

If any of them save Obama was far more sympathetic a character, I'd try to write this up like the closing monologue from Platoon but they're not so gently caress it.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

chitoryu12 posted:

I seem to have missed this. Was there something he didn't know regarding employment in the West Wing?

Probably, but this results from yet another low-level civil war going on between factions within his advisors. This time it's Kushner versus what's left of the Christie brigade.

Captain_Maclaine fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Nov 17, 2016

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Fathis Munk posted:

:stare:

This has to be satire or something :wtc:

It's a goon parody from one of the old politoon threads

Alter Ego posted:

Don't malign Grant. He was a genuinely good man who trusted the wrong people, and his first term was actually above average for that era of Presidents.

Agreed. Didn't help that a lot of the early histories of his presidency, and the war itself for that matter, were written by Southerners who ~*for some odd reason*~ didn't seem that objective in their treatments.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Alter Ego posted:

I'll never forget hearing it called "The War of Northern Aggression" when I went down South for the first time. You shot first, dicknoses.

I was fortunate enough to be able to take a Civil War seminar with Reid Mitchell when I was in grad school (he did a year as a visiting professor at my school), and he remarked that, as a Louisianan, he himself had had hopes of being able to explain things back to all the Lost Causers back home when he'd first started his career, that the main problem was that they wouldn't hear such talk from a Yankee, but might from a fellow southerner. He also admitted that, in retrospect, it was a staggering naive thing to hope for.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Alter Ego posted:

Jesus Christ why on earth do they think that bills all need to be one page :psyduck:

They're idiots who feel threatened by anything more complicated or nuanced than a Denny's menu.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Alter Ego posted:

I don't know, man--have you ever tried to get substitutions on a Moon Over My Hammy?

That's due to the waiters being stoned off their rear end, not anything to do with the menu. :colbert:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Alter Ego posted:

I just...it hurts my brain. Do these people read books? Do they get mad because the author doesn't add the Cliffs Notes version at the front so they don't have to read all those LONG, BORING pages?

They are absolutely the sort that don't read books, but get really, really mad about specific books due to what they see about them on freep, or just assume given the titles and/or authors' names.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Alter Ego posted:

Normally, I'd say that I can't wait for the day when Freep realizes they've been had and Donald Trump isn't actually a Machiavellian genius, but they're so loving stupid they would never admit it.

Much like they did for W, they will suddenly remember that they never really supported Trump, claim they were always uneasy about him, and yearn for the day when the GOP finally nominated a True ConservativeTM to lead us from the liberal darkness.

Some will likely go even further and claim Freep was always behind Cruz, who would have been the right choice if only the people's voices were heard.

Captain_Maclaine fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Nov 17, 2016

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

McGlockenshire posted:

Guess the context.

From Trump debuts presidential hat posted by freeper GonzoII

I guess this really drives home that dalereed is actually dead.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Twelve by Pies posted:

Whether they would have done it or not, Freepers were talking about how they would happily murder a man over a dollar.

A dollar.

loving hell. But no, that's not even the worst part. You know what's the worst part? You know what really set me off?

Jesus Christ.

Jesus loving Christ.

"Helping people gets in God's way." I just...I can't deal with that. I seriously cannot loving deal with something that is so goddamn literally the opposite of what Jesus preached. I know we talk about Freep believing the opposite of Jesus' words but this cannot be any more of a direct opposite of the teachings of Jesus.

Humanity was a mistake.

Reminder that these are the same people who cheered when Missouri state legislator Cynthia Davis argued that poor children should be deprived of reduced cost/free lunch because "hunger can be a positive motivator."

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Fathis Munk posted:

"well you see, if you teach a man to fish...

"Which I would never do, of course. Lousy freeloaders expecting us to teach them free of charge."

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Mantis42 posted:

Spite makes for long memories.

It's all they have left.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

SocketWrench posted:

I imagine the guy is like a living, breathing version of the freep ideals; Agree with me all the time or you get ousted for being a liberal troll.
Dude could be Republican registered, voted straight R every election ever, attend rallies, even be a politician, but if he doesn't just blindly praise his boss for crazy bullshit, then he's a liberal swine that needs to be axed. The guy posts on freep after all, he's already unhinged

Or, you know, he's just a liar.

NachtSieger posted:

What's freep's problem with being a community organizer? poo poo's hard work.

It's the community in which such organizing is done.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Zipperelli. posted:

Holy poo poo, please tell me you know books/chapters/verses off the top of your head?

It's been a while since I've read any of the 3 major holy books, so I can't remember much of any of them.

The only one I know of is it Exodus where it states that if you knock around a pregnant woman who then loses her child you get fined, unless she dies from it then you get sentenced to death yourself. And technically, I think you have to have a buddy help you beat her up before it counts.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Twelve by Pies posted:

You idiots won! You couldn't have won any loving harder! What do you want?

RaHoWa.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Prism posted:

They did theirs mostly by hiding out in the National Guard or with flimsy medical deferments, now you have to do one too.

Fixed.

Tias posted:

I've taken to hanging out a bit in Internet VFW, and just from a rough estimate of peoples stories, nearly everyone fighting Americas wars are millenials - I guess that doesn't count when freepers want to be cranky :pseudo:

"And that's why we don't win anymore, those wimpy whiny homos won't buckle down and fight on to victory like we did!" -Freep, probably.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

SocketWrench posted:

L the gently caress O L

Blacks weren't hated, they were just murdered by klan members that got away with it, segregated, fire hosed, beaten, arrested for trivial bullshit...why no, no one hated them then...
I mean there's revisionist history ans scar mongering on freep.....and then there's the same times 10 like this post

The usual response, when you can get one, is that none of that poo poo happened until those goddamn yankee commies from up north came down and got black people all confused and riled up with nonsense they didn't understand and gosh, local whites just had to do something to get things back under control.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Neo_Crimson posted:

Can't you flat out buy surplus tanks withe the weapons systems taken out?

Yes, though unsurprisingly it's rather expensive and not the easiest thing to do.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Duke Igthorn posted:

LAST YEAR ABE LINCOLN SAID HE WAS 15, THIS YEAR HE SAYS HE'S 16! WHICH IS IT ABE? BETTER KEEP YOUR STORY STRAIGHT!

He'd also like you to believe he's not a baby eater. But he's never gone on record saying he isn't. Maybe he's too busy eating babies!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Guavanaut posted:

Freepers do like Reagan.

Except when the amnesty gets brought up, then they sometimes admit it was the one thing he did wrong.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

HappyHippo posted:

It warms my heart to know that even though they won the election, freepers are just as angry and terrified as ever.

It's all they know.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

MANime in the sheets posted:

God, those classes. I'd like to go back in time and see them again today 20 years later.

I can still remember one I had in...1990? 91? Somewhere thereabouts. The cop who taught it was hands-down the least charismatic speaker I have ever heard in my life. Seriously, dude spoke in this plodding, cadence-free drone that was all but designed to put people into a coma.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

VitalSigns posted:

:gop:

I thought I was too jaded, but you've still got it freep.

Scene opens. An old man is rummaging through boxes in his basement, and lifts out a dusty brass plaque. Polishing it clean with the sleeve of his flannel shirt, it is revealed to have engraved on it "There is always more, and it is always worse." A slight smile plays across his face, end scene.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Fathis Munk posted:

:eyepop:

What the goddamn gently caress was that about. Was that a stroke? An attempt at wit? Actual crazy?

From time to time the hate-fueled incoherence of Freep results in unintentional masterpieces. As a reminder, this gem:

quote:

don’t Love me moslems ... Hate me moslems! Am coming for you!!! Magic ... Magic~~~!!!

69 posted on 05/04/2015 11:05:16 AM PDT by no-to-illegals (Do what is Right ... Take This Freepathon Over the Top!!!)

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

I don't think you get Cool Bear.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

McGlockenshire posted:

This was :stare: as gently caress until I read the username.

Hahaha, they just can't help themselves. They always come back to praising Pinochet.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Jagged Jim posted:

There is always more, and it is always worse

To be fair there's a lot of things that future history classes are going to have a difficult time explaining about the Trump administration.

Professor_Maclaine's Brief History of the United States, Vol. II
Chapter 15: Just a Giant Load of Crazy Bullshit: The Trump Year(s)

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Tias posted:

I learned English with Muzzy from Gondoland, though this was in Denmark in 1992, so idk :confused:

E: naw, he was a huge fucker with green fur, an alien maybe?

Pretty sure he was an alien or maybe a friendly monster, what with the clock-eating obsession. Muzzy was how I didn't really learn French back in the late 80s.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

McGlockenshire posted:

All this talk of Muzzy but none of Babar? Bah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

chitoryu12 posted:

And isn't he a beaut?

He's permanently wheelchair-bound due to muscular dystrophy, and I believe he had one leg amputated and had another amputated or nearly amputated due to diabetes. I wonder if he got his chair through Medicaid?

Tricare. He's a Navy vet, the benefits from which are totally different from those the lazy moochers take advantage of to rob HARD WORKING TAXPAYERS etc etc.

His mental decline, which mirrors that of freep itself, really does parallel how his health went precipitously downhill back around 2001-2002. It's really weird to compare how relatively non-insane the place was in the early W years as opposed to now.