Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Cool news. Anything else going on in the future in this game that you'd like to spoil?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Fat Samurai posted:

That was beautiful :allears:

People getting brutally punished for small mistakes is what makes Dominions LPs so worth it to me.

It's like 4X :darksouls: except there are no bonfires.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Ramc posted:

Depending on the throne point settings you can sometimes snake a victory even if you aren't the leader in other respects. I've done this a few times when the ostensible game leader would have taken me out in a protracted battle.

Isn't this what the thrones were designed for? Make the endgame both less inevitable and less protracted?

I have to say they make the games a lot more colorful and interesting as a spectator. It also helps that the endgame is no longer consistently tartarian factory vs tartarian factory. I'd like to see a game without blood magic because it seems to drown out what could be some very interesting noise.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Gath: Too Big To Fail

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

How long were you holding that dimensional rod before you gave it to your golem?

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

How are u posted:

The Might of Zionism and 10x Surge Pricing on Uber (bad god-name, bad!) will meet on the field in a truly titanic showdown!

Except your god is going to do what I'd do in this fight, which is crap an army of rats and then run.

Is there any way for Ramc to have his mages save their gems in the first phase when the horrors attack but also use them in the second fight other than giving them a large surplus of gems? He has to know that's going to be part of your eventual attack. It would be interesting to see what happened if his mages had gems and were on script, but I guess that almost never happens for both sides in a big dominions fight.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Matthew Arnold posted:

The Sea of Faith
Was once, too, at the full, and round earth's shore
Lay like the folds of a bright girdle furl'd.
But now I only hear
Its melancholy, long, withdrawing roar,
Retreating, to the breath
Of the night-wind, down the vast edges drear
And naked shingles of the world.

Ah, love, let us be true
To one another! for the world, which seems
To lie before us like a land of dreams,
So various, so beautiful, so new,
Hath really neither joy, nor love, nor light,
Nor certitude, nor peace, nor help for pain;
And we are here as on a darkling plain
Swept with confused alarms of struggle and flight,
Where ignorant armies clash by night.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Ramc posted:

Let me assure you that something terrible is fated to happen to the entire nation of Gath and the entire nation of Caelum.

They'll become sunless nightmarish hellholes with populaces terrified and preyed upon by all manners of demonkind, greater undead and otherworldly horrors?

Oh, wait...

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

ashnjack posted:

...what the world currently looks like now?

Wait, I have something for this...

edit:

Araganzar fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jul 30, 2017

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Still not as bad as that one Pantokrator that held off the other players with threats of Armageddon spam, put up massive PD in his border provinces, converted his economy over to blood hunting and fire/earth gem alchemization, started sending nasty messages to the other players every turn including his allies, then won by tanking his heat scales so badly that people all over the planet were dying of heatstroke in shade with water but died when he tried to ascend because he'd filled the sky with so much garbage that not even space was safe anymore.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

If they couldn't ascend then they weren't a Pantokrator

sorry your joke is broken :colbert:

Sorry that last part was fake news, just like the accusations Bogarus hacked the turn files to increase his dominion. He actually girded himself in all that space junk and became an invincibly-armored Space Pantokrator. His constellation is All the Stars. If you can't see him in the sky it's because your heart isn't pure enough.

I don't actually know what a Pantokrator is, it sounds like something you'd get at Outback Steakhouse.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
So the greater backstory is that Earth is a giant lobster tank for trans-dimensional eldritch horrors?

Except the lobsters deliver themselves to be eaten and wreck the tank fighting for the privilege?

I'll go ahead and admit that's pretty Dominions. It might be the most Dominions anything has ever been.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
i'm so tired of all these armrogueddonlikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Libluini posted:

Same, just with almost finished instead. But seriously, I'm glad I'm down to like 6 commentaries I have to record: After that, I just have to throw my raw recordings into my editor to re-render it. And there aren't even that many of them left either, last I checked. (I've probably missed some turns again at some point, or it's just my "I'm Bad at Math" curse showing its ugly face again. :v: )

I'm glad you are doing this for completeness sake but it's almost depressing to watch the amount of work each turn going into what you are almost certain is a lost cause.

HOWRU notes developing Vampires as a key turning point in the game. My impression is they are OP to the point that they overshadow other clever/cool combinations I've seen with blood magic in other games. Would things have been markedly different without the vamps or was breaking heavily into blood magic more important?

Even with that the Dom 4 endgames seem a lot more interesting than the tartarian-heavy endgames we've seen here from Dom 3 games.

• Locked thread