Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

spooky like this! posted:

(he's almost as tall as Donal Logue and definitely taller than Ben McKenzie.)

From what I could find, McKenzie's still got an inch on him (5'8" to Mazouz's 5'7"), but Mazouz is 15, so that's not gonna last long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I feel dumb because I just now got the significance of Barnes' name.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I think Isabella is probably Clayface. Which will end up being awesome.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I dunno, Gotham's been really good about using its younger characters in interesting, non-exploitative ways. Bruce and Selina's relationship has been a real highlight. If any show could handle the themes associated with puberty and the sudden, jarring objectification that girls go through during that time, I think Gotham could pull it off.

That's not to say I think they will, of course...

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Any theories on this Isabella woman? My husband had the idea that she ties in with this face-transplanting plastic surgeon guy somehow, but we couldn't flesh (ha) out the theory beyond that.

I still say it's Clayface.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
To be fair, when Clayface was being Gordon he had just been raised from the dead, like, a day prior.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

muscles like this! posted:

Interesting to see that Clayface is apparently sticking around seeing as how over the top his power is.

Yeah, but he's also kind of an idiot, so...

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I think Camren Bicondova's doing a pretty great job as Selina. She comes off as kind of over-the-top because that's her persona; she's always putting forward a tough face. But she's still just a kid, so it's a heightened, hyperbolic kind of tough.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Alexander Siddig has been cast and will appear this season as Ra's al Ghul

Oh, wow, that is some awesome loving casting.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Just told my wife Siddig was cast in Gotham and her immediate reaction, no hesitation, was, "Oh, Ra's al Ghul is going to be on the show?"

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Oh, hey, this show still exists. Genuine surprise.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

MacheteZombie posted:

You're not the only one. She set the bar for crazy on the show that everyone's been slowly one-upping.

My problem has never been with her craziness, it's her inexplicable plot armour. She's weirdly Mary Sueish in that anyone who doesn't fear her or respect her or love her fears how much they love respecting her. The character, as written, isn't deserving of the reactions she elicits.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Burning_Monk posted:

I feel like them making Enigma as "The Riddler" is a bit too early in the story.

You just gotta forget the whole "Batman prequel" thing. This show is doing what it wants, when it wants, how it wants. It's only gotten better so far, so I'm not complaining.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

I'm guessing Bruce is with the League of Shadows/Assassins, so hopefully we'll actually get something interesting next week.

If the casting news is any indication, he's definitely in Nanda Parbat.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Well, it would be an interesting way for them to have Bruce training to be Batman abroad while still being a regular on the show.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Longbaugh01 posted:

Yeah I know about the CoO and Talons, but didn't think about that being a Talon over LoS ninja. Interestingly enough, they're very similar. No wonder they've made this link in the show.

They've had Talons on the show before. You can tell by their silly masks.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

As to the Court of Owls stuff, the subplot of Uncle Frank trying to bring in Jim was needlessly confusing. You had scenes of him and Catherine talking about recruiting Jim but then when he was talking with Jim he would go on and on about how they need to stop the Court. So it was hard to follow if he actually was betraying the Court or if he was trying to con Jim into joining. Although shooting himself in the head definitely seems like it clears up his motivation.

I think that was deliberate. We were supposed to be questioning Frank's motivations. It fell apart because who cares, really?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Could be both.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Gonz posted:

There is more ham to be got.

Season 4 was just officially given the green light.

I don't know which is weirder, that this show got a fourth season or that I'm happy about it.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

Did anyone notice or care?

I did. I noticed immediately. I miss Michelle Veintimilla. :(

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
*shrug*

Gotham.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I love how people in the Agents of SHIELD thread are aghast at a robot eye getting drilled out while Gotham follows up the very next week with graphic onscreen decapitation, hand shotgunned down to a bloody stump, and self-mutilation.

Also, Ed and Oswald's bickering was fantastic, as well as Alfred and not-Bruce's headbutt contest, and Bullock's increasing levels of exasperation.

This might have been my favourite episode overall.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Calling it now, Babs is doing a stint as Livewire.

Also, between Butch Grundy and Bruceman, this show might have won my personal Best Comic Book Show Season Finale award 2017.

Unless iZombie can top it, but that's a real long shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Speaking of Barnes though, I hope he's never cured

The news talk on the TV said the cure was effective on 90% of the infected, which I'm 100% sure is how they're gonna keep The Executioner around.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lee suffers a relapse at some point, either.

• Locked thread