Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
first!

EDIT: requesting VLPs of Bug and Bug Too! for the Sega Saturn--somebody play these horrible games!

Sally fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Sep 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Zanzibar Ham posted:

The game is Hero Core, a metroidvania (is there a less janky term for those these days?) for the PC. The twist? It's not a platformer! Flip Hero, the protagonist, hovers around everywhere. IMO it's a really great game and it's unfortunate it only had maybe one or two attempts to LP it on SA, and I don't think they got beyond an episode or two.

I agree, this is a really awesome game that should get as much love as possible. I tried recording it once myself but was never happy with the commentary I got for it so I scrapped it. Goonspeed to whoever decides to take it on.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Grapplejack posted:

I've been thinking about this for a bit, but I'm honestly not sure how someone would approach an LP of the game with how the SOL system works.

very carefully

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i'd argue that it's not fun to play :yum:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
If you were genuinely interested in archiving Legendary and the only thing holding you back is an OP, you can go ahead and make on up in the test poster and submit that to Baldurk. I mean, there's precedence of people getting single games from megathreads archived. See the Shovel Knight LP as an example--incidentally, it also originated from the Casual LP thread!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Happy six months, crow! I would like to request that Fez 2 stay on the list. I would also like to add Half-Life 3. Power of positive thinking, people. Let's make the world the way we want it!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Yeah, it's an old debate and I've said it before, but I don't believe that certain games or certain game genres only lend themselves to certain styles of LPing. It all falls to the LPer. If there are a bunch of unimaginative people making boring LPs of a game, that's not the game's fault. That said, if somebody wants an SSLP of Kingdom Hearts, that's an entirely different thing and they're welcome to request it.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

The Lone Badger posted:

I'm surprised there's no LP of Horizon: Zero Dawn yet. I don't have a PS4 and want to at least experience it vicariously.

it's Guerrilla Games, so i'd also love to see one of this. crow has a copy, but he won't stop playing Mass Effect, so i can't convince him to do one.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

ftfy

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Sam Faust posted:

Could somebody do a Super Mario Maker lp? I have an insatiable need to watch people play my levels, but trying to get Twitch streamers to do it is actual torture.

Putty was doing one a while back and was playing goon levels: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744018

It's short because there were technical difficulties after a few updates and he hasn't come back to it, but what was there was good.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I know it's not out for a couple more months, but I just want to get ahead of this and request Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back on PS4.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
they did take down their videos.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
what six month rule? i thought the six month rule was deeeead

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Khisanth Magus posted:

I'm surprised that they haven't been done, but I wouldn't mind an LP of the original Gears of War trilogy

Yeah, y'know what? This would be a good one to see. I've never gotten around to GoW3, so I'd enjoy someone going through that one especially.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Is Fez 2 still on the list? Then, yes.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Requesting FarCry Instincts: Predator for the XBOX360. One of my favourite FPSes and I can no longer play it since I don't own a 360 anymore.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
The original Army Men series is on Steam. Someone should LP at least the first two, Army Men and Army Men II.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
psymonkey made an attempt years ago, but didn't finish. the game looked like hell.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
intelligence and discourse in this subforum is already at max, because you are all great :colbert:

doing a Brain Age LP would only cause the odometer to roll over to 00000

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
speaking of phone games, does anyone have a copy of Tokyo Jungle Mobile and is maybe willing to show it off?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

StrixNebulosa posted:

Could someone do up an LP of Stars in Shadow? Thotimx, maybe?

isn't Thotimx suffering enough to bring us every Creeper World?!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Mega64 posted:

All of my requests are loving legit.

Still waiting for someone to pick up that narrative Dr Mario LP

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Arcane Dimensions is a thing of beauty. That would be a neat LP to see.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
pain is inevitable. suffering is optional.

lemonade.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i know, right? too bad it's not on sale atm...

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
aaaaahahaha what have we done???

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

nine-gear crow posted:

Three YIIK LPs at once? Oh my...

make that four five YIIK LPs at once :c00lbutt:
:c00lbutt:
:c00lbutt: