Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

My girlfriend decided to loving ghost me and just drop out of my life while continuing to post on Facebook about how she was just going about her life as usual. So I unfriended her because every time I logged on to Facebook it was like a punch in the gut, like surprise, pal, she doesn't love you like you thought she did. I hate it, I hate the idea of being single again, I don't know how to meet people and if anyone was wondering why I have trust issues, well...

I'm tempted to just box up everything she ever gave me and drop it off on her front lawn, but I know that would be childish. I'll probably just end up throwing it all out.

So it's been nothing but lovely days for the past month or so. And now I have a client quibbling over a $100/month difference in the rent for an apartment that's listed differently on two different websites when he was just fine paying the higher rate when he called me, when I showed him the apartment, and when he filled out the application and wrote me a check for the first month's rent. Dude, you make $170k a year, you knew the rent when you called me, suck it up.

I'm not responsible for the discrepancy, I'm not the landlord, and now I have to bring this to the property manager on Monday like he's not going to tell me to pound sand and just rent the place to someone else.

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 14:38 on Sep 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

cinni posted:

Wtf. I don't even go to starbucks, and if I did, it probably wouldn't buy me more than two things.

Despite Starbucks having a reputation for "$5 cups of bad coffee" their bad coffee is actually similarly priced compared to better coffee shops, with the largest hardcore caffeine addict size of thirty loving ounces of iced coffee the only regular coffee that cracks the three dollar mark. They also have a blond espresso that's actually fairly tasty because they can't burn it like they do with their darker roasts, and I think a blond latte is the same price as their regular "burnt garbage roast" lattes.

You could easily get a cup of bad coffee, an unsatisfyingly small and greasy breakfast sandwich, and one of their narrow selection of overpriced bakery items for :10bux:, or maybe a sandwich and one of those 600 calorie vanilla bullshit things.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Captain Invictus posted:

The UPS Teamsters union voted unanimously to not accept the new contract, as it is bad and likely a poison pill to dump the entire union from UPS down the road.

That's not the bad part. That's great actually, that people paid enough loving attention and also voted(54% of all union employees! That's a loving lot to vote in a non-obligatory vote for anything!) and chose not to eat the poo poo UPS corporate is trying to shovel in our mouths for the next half a decade minimum.

The bad part is that Jimmy Hoffa, no not THAT Jimmy Hoffa, but a SUBSEQUENT Jimmy Hoffa, who is in his 80's and doesn't give a poo poo and is probably getting paid off by either UPS itself or some other, darker money handlers, is choosing to ram the contract down our throats regardless of the wishes of the union members. This has caused a crisis in the Teamsters chain of command as you can well imagine. I'm really not sure what's going to happen, but Sean O'Brian, the guy aiming to replace Hoffa, has been gunning for him long before this shitshow and the knives are well and truly out now.

There's rumors of ousting Hoffa outright, it's basically the equivalent of a constitutional crisis, but in this case, nobody's tolerating it like people seem okay with letting trump get away with. With the head of UPS buddying up with trump and his cronies, I have to imagine something's happening behind the scenes with them.

Basically, this could very well set up for wrecking my job(and many others) in a decade or so, and folks are loving pissed. Hoffa seems to want to repeat history.

How many fuckin' Jimmy Hoffas (Jimmies Hoffa?) are there?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Danaru posted:

Working in a ward today with a patient who just bellows "NUUURSE! NUUURSE!" instead of hitting the call button right beside her because she thinks bellowing makes the nurses prioritize her over the other patients. It does not, because the hospital has a strict prioritization system specifically to prevent that, but also that means the last three hours has been listening to her nonstop except for the few times she stops for a minute after a nurse puts more ice in her water, or brings her a newspaper. I still have five hours of my shift left, and naturally all the staff and other patients are in a bad mood because of the constant monotone yelling.

God I'm so loving glad I got out of healthcare. At least in real estate if a client is a lunatic I can just say I would prefer not to work with you, don't contact me again.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Intoluene posted:

I'm being sued for attacking someone I've never heard of (rather viciously, if this document I've got is to be believed) in a place I've never been to.

Look up the actual number of the courthouse and call to find out if it's a genuine summons. If it is, you have to show up.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

ryonguy posted:

Update: everything is perfectly copacetic, or at least relatively for blowing off work. Supervisor said he had to cover it and was kinda annoyed about it, but said it was over and done with.

So I flipped out and spent the weekend dreading getting fired for nothing :shepicide:

Hi friend this is me too

I'm a real estate agent and every time I didn't get a deal I used to beat myself up over it and catastrophize to no end about how I was going to end up homeless. Please get help, I am not being flippant, therapy works. I'm autistic too and I understand the struggle. It does get better.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

He doesn't deserve your gratitude. I'm so sorry. What a lovely situation to be in.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

If you have authority over people and they are refusing to do what you tell them to do, that sounds like they're the ones with a problem, not you. Do you have the authority to write them up?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

The company is already rapidly circling the drain. Start looking for a new job yesterday.

E: oh, I see you said that you're actively looking. Yeah, that's nothing but red flags there. I wouldn't be surprised if paychecks start coming late.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

My dad's cancer is spreading. gently caress mesothelioma.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I still randomly think about texting my dad, or I'll make a mental note of something I saw that he'd like, and he died in August. Combine that with general anxiety, major depression, and having been through some traumatic poo poo over the past year and life is just... pain.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I just spent an hour on the phone with my state health insurance trying to get my name changed only for them to repeatedly place me on hold and then tell me they couldn't find the documents I submitted in loving October and hang up on me.

I'm in loving tears now I hate this

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

yesterday was father's day and my dad died of cancer in 2020

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I got heat exhaustion and it loving sucked

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

well gently caress man that's horrible

I got called a child murdering pedophile terrorist and threatened with extermination on Facebook by a failed Cutco salesman with an anime little girl profile pic because I had the audacity to, uh

checking notes

because I don't like JK Rowling.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I'm a (transgender) Lyft driver and I had a woman call the cops on me and make disgusting comments about my genitals because I asked her if she could please not scream in my ear while talking on the phone with someone.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Captain Invictus posted:

eject her from the vehicle for making you feel unsafe imo

We were stuck in traffic on the highway, and she started with some "I'm the customer, bitch, I'm always right" bullshit when I asked her not to shout in my ear, so I said something like do you wanna get to your destination or do you wanna get out at the next exit and that's when she went loving berserk and started falsely accusing me of "threatening to leave me and my child on the side of the highway" and then when she noticed she/her pronouns in my driver profile she switched from referring to me as "this man" to calling me "it" and "he-she" and "freak" and loudly speculating about what kind of genitals I might have.

So she demanded that I take her to the McDonald's that was just off the next exit, and I'm just hoping at this point that she's not going to put her hands on me or pull a weapon, so I drive to the McDonald's listening to her alternate between screaming at me that I'm going to jail because her mom works for the state police and complaining on the phone to her sister that "I can't be at this McDonald's dressed like this, I'm gonna look like a crazy person" (lol, lmao) and "I should have just driven my car"

yeah bitch you should have but instead your sister's lyft account is probably gonna get banned

there should be consequences for trying to weaponize the police against marginalized people but this is America and nothing is gonna happen and I'm gonna just have to keep working

I can't stop thinking about that Uber driver whose passenger murdered him because she was convinced that he was kidnapping her to Mexico

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 14:32 on Sep 22, 2023

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Captain Invictus posted:

yep, this is america. sorry that happened to you.

and today I got unwittingly used to drive somebody to go get heroin in the shittiest neighborhood

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

venus de lmao posted:

and today I got unwittingly used to drive somebody to go get heroin in the shittiest neighborhood

and today I reported a passenger for hitting her child in my loving car

she gets out with some "have a great day" bullshit like she didn't just physically and verbally abuse a child in front of a stranger and I couldn't say anything for fear of making things worse

can I go one week without being traumatized by the loving dregs of humanity

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Biplane posted:

It's either rent is going up, or I'm being evicted. I can't handle either of those right now. So if I ignore it, maybe this time it will go away

If you were being evicted, you'd be served notice. Eviction isn't just the landlord going "you're evicted get out lol"

at least everywhere I'm familiar with

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

DicktheCat posted:

Sorry to double post, but if it's in the USA, this is true afaik.

I've hosed up on a payment before, during a time when I couldn't simply direct- deposit my rent, and even though they let me pay later, they still put a paper on my door.

I wish OP the best of luck in this situation.

The key point here is that your landlord does not evict you. They petition the court to evict you. A letter on your door from the landlord is usually because they are required to give you notice so many days in advance before they are allowed to file for eviction, so larger companies will often send the notice out the day a payment is missed in case they decide to proceed with the eviction. Usually, they'd rather you just pay.

Recommend learning the specifics for where you live and finding out what rights you have as a renter.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

UwUnabomber posted:

One of my co workers filled the goddamn communal cremation machine with too many fat animals. Smoked out the whole building. Then when the catch trays caught fire because the dog grease in them got too hot someone hit them with a fire extinguisher and I got speckled with hot liquid dog fat.

I hate this, holy poo poo

sounds like you need a shower and a hug, in that order

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Glass Punkbull 141 posted:

Someone just an hour ago pulled a gun shaped lighter on me and thought that it was the most hilarious poo poo ever when I flinched.

what the gently caress

I assume this person knows you well enough to know they won't get shot because if they're pulling that little "prank" on randos, welp

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Those screen protectors are fantastic. I believe the "glue" is actually just a UV resin that fills in all the scratches and imperfections on your screen and makes them basically disappear; I had one ages ago. There really isn't a better one out there.

My complaint is that I replaced the extruder motor on my 3D printer at the same time that I upgraded to a new firmware (Klipper, which was a headache in itself trying to get it configured for my printer), and once I finally started it up and calibrated a bunch of stuff, the extruder was just not putting through the correct amount of material. So I'm stuck because I was planning on upgrading to a better extruder and a new mainboard at some point. Do I continue to wrestle with the stock board that's probably perfectly fine or do I go ahead and upgrade it now and have to go through the whole process of flashing the firmware and configuring the printer all over again?

This is an extremely niche nerd frustration, but I've been beating my head against it for several days.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

SubNat posted:

Sounds like incorrect e-steps, have you calibrated that? Should just be a couple min of extruding 100mm, adjusting the e-steps, then repeating until it's nice.

If not, we do have s 3d printing thread that can help. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3973815

lol, it's a lot of things I am still trying to fine tune

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I'm pretty sure my roommate is sick of me and it's really frustrating and painful that people just don't like me and I don't understand why

it's either that or I am just overly sensitive and bad at reading people

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I had to break off a multi-year friendship with someone because she made it clear that she sees me as a burden and is revolted by the idea of being close to me emotionally.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

one of my roommates died

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Going to try to make it through today without breaking down.

Don't know if I can (update: nope)

My friend is gone. My life has been upended.

I'm so tired of hearing how sorry everyone is. It hurts more than words can express. Check in on the people you love. Tell them you love them before you can't anymore. There was a lot I should have said, and a lot I shouldn't have said, and now I can never make it right.

Suicide destroys so many more lives than just the one. Please reach out to someone if you're struggling.

Previous post was an hour after I found her, I was still in shock.

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 19:41 on Mar 28, 2024

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I'm not sure which phrase is worse, "large pool of dog grease" or "wet dog bacon" :dogstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

DrBouvenstein posted:

It's been about a year

gently caress, almost to the day. So sorry for your loss. I'm also one of 20-something cousins, and I can't imagine losing one.