Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
After a long work day yesterday I tried to rerecord commentary for an LP i was working on due to poor audio balance (THe commentary was completely drowned out by the game) but as I was about to save the better balance the software crashed taking 25 minutes of work away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Picnic Princess posted:

My husband didn't do anything about my birthday.

This year we all forgot my Dad's birthday because everyone was just ridiculously busy - including my mother. I made it up to him by getting some nice mother-of-pearl cufflinks for him to match the pearl bracelet I got mum (Pearl anniversary). He wore them to a wedding a few weeks later :3:

Sorry about your b-day though dudette. :(

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Not really measuring up to the most recent stuff I know but yesterday was really busy all day, and I work 12 hour shifts so I'm exhausted. Hopefully today will be quieter.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

Now with dizzy spells and diaherra

You make it sound like an infomercial. "New and improved Influenza - NOW with Dizzy spells and Diarrhea! Get it while stocks last!"

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Violet_Sky posted:

I went to Burger King and thought I ordered a veggie burger. Turns out no meat literally meant no patty at all. :saddowns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQo_sLf9s-8

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

treiz01 posted:

Off topic, but why do you have that custom title? And if the LP was good please link it!

It wasn't an LP, I mentioned it in the PYF Little Things in Games thread. I have done a few LPs though of Haunted Mansion, which is on the archive here - http://lparchive.org/Haunted-Mansion/ and a Dog's Life LP that hasn't been archived yet but it's pending.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

The large pipe just disconnected from my kitchen sink, so water just freefell all over the kitchen floor. I've contacted my landlord, so hopefully he'll be in touch in thje next few days to get this fixed, but tomorrow's plan is to go to the hardware store for a mop to get rid of the large amount of spilled water as I neglected to make sure I had one until now. Then, anything kitchen sink related can be done in the bathroom sink even though that'll be a pain.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Just say it's now an organic guitar. :D

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Sweet Calamity posted:

I just found out that the intermittent pain in my feet and back isn't actually normal--it's some sort of inflammatory arthritis. I'm only 27 and I already have spurs in my spine and am losing fine motor control in my hands. My toes hurt every day and I'm starting to freak out about it.

Also, I was bad and bought a pack of cigarettes today (been vaping instead for more than a year) because gently caress it.

Sorry about that. When I had mid-20s back pain it was just because I had been walking with Terrible Posture for 15 years without noticing, the doctor sent me to a PT who basically retaught me how to walk and gave me some exercises for the pain, and now I'm fine although still needing to do my exercises.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

GWBBQ posted:

Is a happy moment OK in this thread?

Just under 5 months later, mom has been under the care of a great Oncologist, had a checkup appointment with a doctor who's the #1 guy in the world for pancreatic cancer, and her tumor markers are down from over 1000 to 142 (0-37 is normal range) as of last week. We took the train into NYC a few weeks ago to see Dr. Abou-Alfa at MSK (the guy I linked above for those on mobile) and she was able to walk 13 blocks from Grand Central there and back.

I think she's going to be OK.

Glad to hear your mums looking better.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

My brother forgot to refrigerate the turkey this year between the initial 2-hour cook and the final warmup before serving Christmas dinner, and now most of us are having ~bad poos~

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

It's way too cold in my apartment even with the heating going full blast, just because of how cold it's been in general. I'm hoping the weather warms up soon.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Glad to hear your Red Rod isn't nearly as Rotten dude. It's always nice when things turn around. Best of luck finding a medication that won't gently caress your brain chemistry sideways. :)

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I made a dumb mistake cooking tea - noticed one of the hobs was dirty while serving and went to check the grime with my fingers. Whoops! It was the hob I was using. Now my fingertips are sensitive as gently caress, just hope they don't blister.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Happily I was able to get my hand under cold water fast enough that the whitened damaged skin where I burnt myself didn't blister at all. It just stayed white for a bit and now seems to be breaking up to reveal my shiny new skin. I'm like a beautiful rattlesnake :3:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I always enjoy the science behind that kind of thing, like the reason acids and alkalines are such fuckers - pure water is not stable, H2O is constantly breaking down into H+ and OH- ions which then recombine. In pure water they are equal in number, the pH being the amount of H+ ions present (after some complex logarithmic maths because the actual number is sooo small that it can only be expressed in scientific notation, and the post-math number is just easier to work with). They aren't a big deal because of the recombining, but in acids and alkalines the numbers are imbalanced - there are too many, or too few H+ ions to keep stable, so if in contact with any substance that the ions can bond with (like a hydrocarbon, ie MOST ORGANIC COMPOUNDs, particularly skin), you can assume that the ions are gonna get grabby due to wanting stability, which of course means the chemicals forming the tissues get all hosed up due to suddenly having an atom (or a few) taken away by the reaction making them get all grabby and starting a chain reaction.

That last part is probably totally incorrect but it's an extrapolation my brain came up with.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Turns out the burns were inconsistent - the one on my middle finger is gone, but the one on my ring finger feels like it's swelling. How annoying.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Just had ludicrous amounts of snow today, forecast to continue, all because of Hurricane Emma coming to visit from Siberia. EMMA CAN YOU JUST GO HOME! gently caress! It's freezing.

Also because of the snow half of the people at work went home early to avoid getting stuck, meaning we were understaffed, and also because of the snow more people were working from home so more tech support issues were coming in on top of that.

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 19:24 on Feb 28, 2018

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Give that back to Tony Stark, he needs that to live! :ohdear:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Whatever doesn't kill you is just wasting your time. poo poo or get off the pot life! If your gonna be terrible, don't halfass it!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I believe in you Judas, kick those finals' asses!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Picnic Princess posted:

At work we had a sheet of paper shipped in a custom cut sized diaper box completely sealed with 2 layers of packing tape. It didn't matter about the paper being folded so it was impressive that someone took the effort to craft that instead of just using an envelope.

Anyway my ankle braces work beautifully and I'm glad I busted the driver trying to just leave a sticker the second time.

You busted his head against the door jamb until he handed over the package?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Emetophobia once, he seemed nice.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

God drat it I fell for the banner ad.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Picnic Princess posted:

I left work in a wheelchair today. I am not surprised and I hate this heat and smoke. I'm at home in bed now.

Feel better!

At work we've had a really bad ant problem on one of the windowsills - we had an exterminator in on monday but they've come back!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I've started going to my local gym to try to get in better shape, and while it's fun and satisfying to push myself a little, it results in some nasty farts in the aftermath. Generally feels great to do it though.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I've started putting money in my savings account again because i want to build up a few thousand over the next 5-10 years, so that I can afford to go to Angkor Watt.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I was responding to Doverhog's thing, I know it's a bit off topic. Sorry.

K Now I have content - I made an idiot of myself in the "Why was your day lovely today?" thread :v:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I can't find my copy of The Picture of Dorian Gray. I really wanted to reread that. :(

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Thin Privilege posted:

Thanks <3

The person I really wanted to hear it from sent me the birthday song by 2 chainz. Like ok. Just say "happy birthday" and get on with your day. I know you have a really weird sense of humor but that's just not right. I didn't even respond.

You just reminded me of the year literally everyone in my immediate family forgot my Dad's birthday because we were all busy. I made up for it on their anniversary that year, it was their Pearl Anniversary so I got my Dad some nice Mother-of-Pearl cufflinks that he wore to a wedding :3:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

My goddamn hip is acting up again. I've been needing to do stretches because my hip keeps spontaneously cramping as I used to have terrible posture, but thought that the gym would be enough to keep it limber. Apparently not. I had a bad cramp this morning and tried to stretch it out the usual way, but it looks like I'll need to do it multiple times as it's being stubborn today, which made the gym much harder. I was only able to do a kilometer on the treadmill, which isn't bad but when my leg is behaving I can do way better than that. Hopefully after work and a few more stretches it'll feel better.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I have a bad cold so was up at 1am throwing up everything I ate the previous night. Also I tried to feel less cold by putting a dressing gown on, but it made me overheat and collapse briefly.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Still losing weight, down to 85.0kg, but I've gained a kilogram of fat since my last weigh - better start eating better snacks, I think I've got complacent. Least I noticed before it got too bad.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I'm feeling little anxious because I'm trying something I haven't done in years - I've currently got a cake in the oven, and am really hoping it comes out well. It's gonna be a tense 10 minutes.

When I tried to cut the cake horizontally the whole thing just fell to pieces. :( May have been too wet or something, or too dry.

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 13:22 on Jan 12, 2019

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

My phone isn't turning on properly. It gets stuck at the 3 splash screen, then just turns off. Hoping it's only a problem with the battery, gonna see the phone shop about it later.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

EdwardSwifferhands posted:

My kid threw a snowball at me and it went right inside the USB port on my phone and i just now 18 hours later got it dried out and working

Turns out it's stuck in a boot loop. I''ll have to take a train 2 towns away to my nearest Samsung shop to get it factory reset. Glad today's a day off for me due to a doctor's appointment (it confirmed my suspicions that I have mild Tourette's)

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I tried to bake a cake for a friends party tonight, and it came out bad again despite using a different recipe. Still came out too hard, and a minute earlier it wasn't cooked through so I think it didn't have the right consistency. It was uneven.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

We're getting really hot weather over in england too - yesterday and today are both 20 degrees C, normally our heatwaves cap around 17

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Picnic Princess posted:

Our normal is 23C in summer, last summer it was 30-35C for over a month and one day it got to 40C. No rain at all. And thick smoke the whole time. I had really bad lungs and temperature regulation problems last year and had to leave work early almost every day because of how sick it made me. Watch it happen again this summer. My lungs and body temp are better this year, but this evening I've already been having a hard time.

And I totally sympathize with your heat problems even though it's way lower than here. Too hot, too cold, it's all relative to what you're used to. I was in Belize for 2 months and got used to 30C everyday. One day it dropped to 17C and it was FREEZING. The air had that crisp sharpness to it that I'm used to experiencing wjen it's like 5C back home. Everyone was wearing all their clothes to bed because they were shivering like crazy. What feels hot or cold to someone is completely relative.

Not having air con doesn't help either. We have that here in most public spaces but in homes it's more of a luxury. Most of us just have fans. But basements in houses help, it's pretty cool underground.

England heat feels more severe because unlike the US, we're a small island, which means used to colder weather. As a result, while the US is build to regulate temperature in both extremes, England isn't used to warmer weather, so the buildings are built to trap heat because of the usually cold climate. Hell, we are on the same latitude at Canada and Russia, the current around the southwest of us is the only reason we aren't frozen over most of the year like those two are known for getting, so trapping what little heat we got was the priority. Everything is insulated and doubleglazed to hell as a result, so when it gets hot it really gets hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I tore my nice bag today because it got snagged on a street sign. Gonna take it to a local tailor's tomorrow, see if they can repair it.