Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard
Going to test out the 3-4-2-1 this coming weekend using this team (fits the 3 leagues/4 nation requirements).

http://www.futbin.com/17/squad/336252

I figure any narrow formation I play is going to get bossed by that midfield with all that STR and decent speed.

Settings I'll be using is having RM/LM come back on Defense and set to conservative interceptions on the CMs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

hopterque posted:

That's a good looking team but I'd be pretty worried about defensive vulnerability in the weekend league.

I thought the same until I saw my fullbacks never back on the counter with usually only my CBs there to defend. The stay back while attacking doesn't work for fullbacks and I don't like using the counter-attack tactic since it parks them too far back for my liking. One thing I'm thinking of doing is switching bailly into the middle of the 3 during a game. I want him sitting behind the two CMs but slightly ahead of the other two CBs. Going to test it this week.

In the end, if it doesn't work, it'll still be more fun than the 41212(2) i had before. Even when winning with it, I found it boring to play with.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Seltzer posted:

Looks like EA officially wants people to stop speculating the poo poo out of the marquee matchups. Each one only requires one player from each team.

That being said, I made a killing this morning from my previous stockpile of superlig players/teams for a potential SBC. I had a complete team for each superlig team. I'll just restock them all again during BF for cheap disgard prices.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Dammit and I wanted to buy Mertens to actually play with.

I have IF Arnautovic - wondering if I should sell him with this rush for IF players

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Anyone think there's ELO going on in the weekend league? It seems really streaky. Lost my first 3 games (you're right 3 ATB was poo poo) so switched to a 4321 formation and then won my next 3. Then lost my next 4 then switched to a 433 formation and won my next 4.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

hopterque posted:

There is, yes, as far as I know. The top 100 have a skill rating assigned that isn't strictly linear in terms of how many wins out of 40 you get, ie, there's people with 37 wins who have a higher displayed skill rating than people with 39 wins.

Read that some of the top players make a list of the other top players so that during matchmaking, they back out if their opponent is on that list. Pretty sad really.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

Yeah so dumb, I was fuckin pumped to play Jukez and get to record and look at it. People beg him for games all day on his stream, I have no idea why you'd back out of getting to play someone amazing.

Who gives a poo poo if you're gonna get 20k fewer poke coins that week

With some of them making careers out of it, I guess any unnecessary losses could tarnish their image of being "good".

I do believe they should take away the dates as well. I for some reason have a 2016 start date (yet my account did roll over from last year) so I don't have that problem (maybe I benefit from all the poo poo players wanting to play me).

Despite the weekend league being so exhausting, it's pretty drat addictive. Told myself I'd stop at 18 wins and I still got 10 games remaining.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Seltzer posted:

I had a lot of free time this weekend for once and I got to gold 3. I decided to only try it once as a test if I could make it. There's a bunch of games left I could play but I absolutely don't care. This was probably the least fun I've had playing a video game in years. I do not know how people play 40 games one weekend let alone every weekend (especially when it was 48 hrs, seriously how is that possible). I'm going to stick to getting 5-8 wins from now on. The first 10 or so wins Friday and Saturday were easy, even the games I lost weren't that bad. Sunday was a loving joke. How did I not see one Gullit in the wild in 16 yet I saw TWO in one day today. The game definitely put me on a different matchmaking level at a certain point, the change was drastic. I was still using my 11k serie A and French squads and it was 0 fun to play against supersquad after supersquad. With how much the skill gap has narrowed this year having a good team is more important than ever which is really lovely. Skill trumped money squads by a much wider margin in every previous edition.

Here is another team I encountered right after the ones I posted

I'm going to gently caress around next week and just get my 5 wins, never again. Also it's been there every year but if I needed any evidence of momentum and 90th minute bullshit being in fifa 17 today reaffirmed that for me in a major way.

I swear EA dropped an in form Kante into everyone's club who qualified for weekend league and I just didn't notice.

Don't play on Sundays I've learned. Not sure if I was hit by the same ELO factor but was 18-12 going into Sunday. Must have seen Ronnie at least 5 different times. And you're right, in previous versions of FIFA you could easily beat a stacked team. Now you still can if he sucks but you need to be super focused.

I ended up getting the 21 wins I needed (ended up 3-5 on the Sunday). The losses I suffered were disgusting (one of them involved me passing across my back line to the other Fullback and the receiving player already had the arrow on him but my CB thought it would be cool to intercept the pass and dink it forward off his toe to their striker for an easy goal). I swear everyone I played on the Sunday was a douche (dabbing every goal). Whenever I was up on them (all my wins were come from behind), I slammed on the counter-attack option to hold my back line back and just focused on cutting passing lanes. I was extra dickish and shielded in their corned by the 86-87 minute.

I used to get pissed off when I got the Dab. Now I smile and tell myself I need to wreck this guy.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Anyone else think they'll do something with these movember cards. I'm starting to wonder if they purposely haven't done any SBC with them because they want the market flooded with them first before issuing them to give people a chance?

Either way I've loaded up on a load of Gomis and Korb. I started doing only Gomis but then half way through noticed there's only 2-3 LBs and thought to grab some in case. You can get Korb for starting bid of 9400. His discard price is 9394 so you'd lose 6 coins per card. Upside is huge with 0 downside.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Just sold off my collection of OTW dembele for 130k a pop based off champions league. Thought champions league performance didn't count for TOTW? Either way, I'll take that profit going into BF and kept 1 on hand in case he does get an upgrade and can use him.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Seltzer posted:

You got away with robbery then, nice. He's already down to 80k. There is a chance he could go up if they release a "team of the group stage" like they did last year but there's not point in playing around waiting for that. I made bank off buying silvers for the qualification tournament. basically 2.5k off every single card, completely simple stuff. It's just a small waiting game.

To be honest I was an idiot and should have sold him when he had that one goal a couple weeks back and got out of it. May pick more of him up when his price tanks again.

Exactly - such an easy way to invest and just sit until the demand spikes up.

How much cash you guys have going into Black Friday? If I discard all my movember cards I'll be sitting on about 850k. Not sure if I should make two decent teams or one super team.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Flash SBCs tomorrow - this is going to be nuts.

Also I'm so happy I loaded up on Movember cards - there will be something tomorrow for sure.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Seltzer posted:

Movember cards will almost certainly be necessary. You could make bank if you predict how they'll be used most likely. They're all sitting at discard so there's no risk. I bought a few and packed two so I'm set. Got a couple cheap IFs in case they might be needed as well. Also I finally gave Cavani a run out and wow, he's really really good. I know he's 85 rated but the face card stats don't look great. In game he's a monster though, great runs and finishing. Also I dropped 45k on Bolasie was definitely worth it. He's a super fun player. The only downside is I hate PL squads so I'll have to make a hybrid using Lukaku eventually. I'm currently using him with Bakambu.

It's always a good idea to buy some of the premiere totw players during a big pack opening crash so I'm looking at picking up Luiz or possibly Toure. Sokratis will be my budget buy if I don't get one of the other two. BTW Toure got a huge boost and looks great, it's crazy to me that Pogba is ~100k more when IF Toure edges him out in the places that matter (imo). I like skills but they're far from necessary on a CM.

Yeah exactly but with them being lightening rounds I'll have to be quick to unload them all as well. I bought loads of German movember cards and even bought some of the non rare German cards to fill the gaps (like Jantschke). My guess is there will be ones where you will need a high number of movember cards (guessing 8) and fill the rest with nons but get a high chemistry.

I'm the same - I like my CMs to be strong with decent passing and high stamina and decent long shots. I leave my CAM/winger/striker to have the pace, skills, finishing, etc.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Dammit - I think I lost my investment bet. I figured they would do something with informs or with the movember cards. Should have bought more close to discard informs.

Also I was anticipating a crash and now I'm wondering if one will actually happen (or if we saw the crash already).

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

I just played some Canadian guy whose team name was TORONTO GOD who kept slide tackling me while I was protecting the ball and got 3 red cards. He was on voice even though I wasn't and he kept yelling THAT WAS CLEAN every time.

I hope it was a gimmick because it did make me laugh. I only won 2-0 because I'm trash but it was definitely an unusual game.

I find when I play someone I know is really poo poo (not just bad, but really bad), I seem to drop my guard too much and start playing their same lovely style. I'm not sure what it is (maybe I just get too relaxed) and usually takes me until the half to snap out of it and play my standard game.

I'm not going to play till probably beginning of January so I sold my players and took the money to buy a bunch of OTW manes and dembeles - hopefully at least one of them gets an IF this December so I can afford Ronnie in the new year

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Superlig SBC is out. Sad it was Eto'o and not Sneijder.

At least I can sell all my silvers and make some coin

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Seltzer posted:

Avoid that SBC at all cost imo. Buffon's nif is bad this year and IF gks are rarely better than their normal card. Your blowing a lot of money for an untradeable who is worse then nif Perin. Buffon has that trait where he doesn't come out for crosses too.

Haha love the fact that they delayed releasing this to gently caress over all the people hoarding cards for it before. So I'm guessing we'll get a movember SBC come next month.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Looks like Futmas is happening this year. I'm guessing they'll introduce similar SBCs as they did during BF so may be worth grabbing some discard IFs if you want to make some cash.

I picked up 10 Carvalho's IF (86 rated) since i can see them doing another high rated IF.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Seltzer posted:

Yea, idk he could go up a bit but he was shitttttt for me this year. I'm hoping that Eremenko will spike out when the RPL SBC rolls out. I don't think there will be a primera divsion SBC because there are a poo poo ton of teams and some of them only have like 4 players in the database. Also there wouldn't be much demand because the top scorer last year is some 30 pace silver card.

The Futmas SBCs are the biggest joke ever. I already said it's a blatantly transparent way to control the market and stop the toty crash + make people buy packs, but wow, each day the cards and requirements are more of a joke. They could've struck a balance where they cleared cards off the market and made the SBCs relatively affordable but nope an 86 rated team with 3 informs is required for 81 rated rashford.

The latest ones were easy. I picked up a Kurzawa for free since I still had loads of Movember cards in my club.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
My Man O. Dembele finally gets an IF and he looks so tasty. Curious to see where his OTW price goes after they raise the cap. I sold off all of them (except for 1)

I think I'm to have a front three of Martial, Auba, Dembele.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

Got my weekend league rewards, got two jobber totws and that mothafuckin 87 eriksen :hellyeah:

That's awesome. I've been using NIF Eriksen for ages and he's probably the reason for most of my success in WL. Can't imagine what his SIF is like.

My gambling addiction is rampant in this game.

I bought 8 OTW Manes at 157k/each and OTW 2 batshuayi at 60k. I'm ready for the weekend games.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Seltzer posted:

I thought about it for 2 seconds. I'm selling off all my poo poo, taking my money an running. This bubble on IFs and high rated cards isn't lasting forever. I'm selling 85s for 10k, discard IFs for 30k, and my poo poo movember cards for 35k.

Yep - sell off your IFs soon. I got rid of all my IF Carvalhos and discard IFs. The SBCs end tomorrow and high rated IFs will drop.

I'm wondering if we'll see a drop in the market before TOTY like we saw before Black Friday.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
For those wanting to make some coin - The WL qualification requirements coming up will require La Liga players in your main team AND on your bench.

For the main teams, I grabbed some Williams and De Marcos (cheap but pacey La Liga players) and then grabbed loads of silvers/bronze (max price 200) that people will buy for bench fodder.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Looks like a ban hammer came down on PS4 players due to mass bidding/trading? No actual comment has come out but looks like loads were banned. I haven't been trading for a couple weeks due to xmas break so I wonder if I'm in the clear. Ended trading for this year and used my money to buy Ronnie, Bale and SIF eriksen.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
That looks solid. What tactics you rolling with the 433(4)?

Just attempted weekend league and got in on first try with this team: https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/1020131

Thing I'm noticing is that every team used park the bus on me and put loads of pressure on Ronnie which left SIF Eriksen open so many timea. SIF Eriksen's dribbling and positioning is a dream. Probably my best player on the team.That being said, the pace on the wings makes it so easy to break out and do close dribbling when you get to the box

Filthee Fingas fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jan 6, 2017

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

I think Alaba is real good

I finished 22-18 this week, my worst one in awhile but I did have a pretty dogshit start. Hopefully at least 25 next week and then 30 at some point!

I found Saturday's games to be brutal in terms of delay button/lag. Games were a lot better for me Sunday night. Only managed to play 19 games (ended up 11-8).

Found this an interesting read: https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/5mqa8k/ocfut_weekend_league_ea_server_analysis_why_wl/

Probably explains why the lag was brutal for some games (still think it's just from server overload on the Saturday when most people are playing).

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Strenots posted:

Thanks. Right now I'm trying to find any bad habits to drop and I figure a lot of stuff around field awareness, etc. will come once I have a mental framework to work with. I don't think any game other than Rocket League has kicked off my competitive streak quite like this.

Just be prepared to deal with a lot of bullshit in the game. While I'm not certain on momentum/scripting taking place, the inconsistency in games (which could be attributed to lag I guess) can make your team play differently from game to game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
With regards to finishing, I'm noticing I was hitting a significant number of shots at the crossbar this last WL. I know I can just do low driven shots but based on what happened, does that actually reflect me pressing the shoot button slightly too long or is that just general bad luck?

• Locked thread