Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FluffieDuckie

welcome! Be sure to stop by our actual written rules thread and maybe read the Byob goldmine for good thread ideas.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

Bacon Hat posted:

thanks for letting me crash on your couch

games has been really intense lately and im not good enough at cars to post in AI

im going to celebrate my new life on chill island by drinking until my av spins all the way around

you'll fit in just fine here :)

FluffieDuckie

you're just fine birry

FluffieDuckie

Is nooner's picture of an actual maimed child? Or like something from a movie. I'm posting from bed so someone help me out here

FluffieDuckie

Ok thanks. I took it out after I got sal's note. Let's just not do stuff like that tonight while I'm not in a position to make judgement calls

FluffieDuckie

Ace of Baes posted:

I want one of the ik's to do some brutal owns on the GBS clown posting pics of maimed children in our good forum, I want the ik to do body slams, and chokeholds, and suplexes, on the GBS guy posting pics of maimed children.

There will be no violence here tonight

FluffieDuckie

There's plenty of violence in qcs rn. I'm sure there are some bitching body slams happening right this very moment

Also I understand some misguided refugees headed over to Fyad so you might keep an eye over there for all your ultraviolence needs

FluffieDuckie

The Real Foogla posted:

byob owns it seems? kinda owns that it owns imo

I love your AV. Is that a baby otter?

FluffieDuckie

Hogge Wild posted:

YES, everyone should get spoopy avs and fall sigs

av requests can be posted here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3636960
and before you buy the spoopy av, go here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788761 and register your old av and fluffieduckie will give you your old av back after halloween
you should also get the pumpkin tag and maybe the bone buds tag when you buy the av

sig request can be posted here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788637

there's the basement crew for those posts: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3768283

this is a very good post. please add it to the op so it doesn't get lost

FluffieDuckie

Infidel Castro posted:

I don't know what to do. BYOB seems like the better choice vis a vis FYAD, but my heart is full of nothing but hate and spite. Maybe FYAD is where I belong?

we will not chain probate you for the rest of your life for posting here

you also might accidently discover you have something other than hate and spite in there

FluffieDuckie

there are technical words on how to adblock the css here

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774303&userid=78670#post462876289

FluffieDuckie

misty mountaintop posted:

Perhaps this will help

FluffieDuckie

I look at sigs twice as long to make up the difference.

you're a true hero

FluffieDuckie

Piso Mojado posted:

I have sigs on, but I cover them up with paper

FluffieDuckie

bradzilla posted:

hello byob

hello bradzilla :wave:

FluffieDuckie

yeah king of what isaias?

FluffieDuckie

Mariana Horchata posted:

Thank you everybody, as much as ill miss gbs i just hadnt been feeling it many times over the past few so im happy to be here and hope many other fugees share this sentiment as well

Overall i've been really pleased with the folks who came to see us today. I hope most will stick around. I'm pretty partial but I think it's a pretty fun place to hang in

FluffieDuckie

Applewhite posted:

So several of you are familiar with my CYOAs. Would something like Space Tits be allowed in BYOB or is that too risque?

if you'll link me to that thing i'll take a look and let you know

FluffieDuckie

skander posted:

Hi. I came by after hearing that BYOB was chill for real, unlike a few years ago. Looks OK so far! (For the part of my that likes to be nice.)

yes we're much different now

glad you're here :)

FluffieDuckie

crr posted:

im scared can i get a byob poster to follow me around and coo right in my ear and maybe dry off my clammy hands once in a while

you could apply to be adopted and make that a request

FluffieDuckie

Nathilus posted:

I dont have a pet right now but I DO have a dick! Thats a byobish joke right? Im posting good right?!

:thumbsup:

FluffieDuckie

Profondo your AV is beautiful!

FluffieDuckie

I like his happy smile

FluffieDuckie

Cthulu Carl posted:

Hey, buddy, I thought that too, but even just a day in, I'm feelin' the chill.

I suggest taking some cleansing breaths. In with the good air, out with the bad. Then let Hammock Kitten and the colors wash over you.

I just wish I could easily turn off the pic spinning because it wrecks some deece avs and when it gets extreme can obscure some sweet posts. But hey, such is life.

just hit refresh and it straightens them up again

FluffieDuckie

You can block the CSS, I don't know how to do it but I hear tell it can be done, so maybe someone who knows will post a primer.

i just added a link in the op of this thread for instructions

FluffieDuckie

ok guys i'm going to ask you to not use the term skittles in byob

FluffieDuckie

Tusen Takk posted:

fluffie knew that already

i have faith in you. you can assimilate

in fact i'm very happy with everyone so far. i knew you could be successful here

FluffieDuckie

welcome who everyone who introduced themselves while i was asleep! we're glad you're here

FluffieDuckie

Nathilus posted:

Dang this gifted sig is so good I want to wear it everywhere. :sigh: byob you have made me love myself too much

that's what we do :)

FluffieDuckie

hey guys you might have seen this announcement in some of our other threads but i'm trying to hit everywhere our newcomers are hanging out so i'm going to drop it here as well

------

i've seen some funny threads get derailed today and that makes me sad

in byob we try really hard to make good, funny, or interesting threads. once we get a thread going with a lot of funny comments, it's super disrespectful to come in and change the subject or poo poo post or otherwise derail the flow of funny posts being made. i know this is different than what most of you are used to, so i'm going to be super patient while we all adjust, but if you see your posts getting edited or you get a pm from us or we say something to you in a thread about what you're doing, please be repectful and change what you're doing

if you just want to chat at another poster or talk about another topic, or just tell us what you had for dinner, the stickied chat thread is the thread for that. it's not that we don't want you to feel free to talk to us, just please do it in the right place so we can continue to work on our funny stuff without being interrupted

______

thanks for understanding guys. have a great night

FluffieDuckie

KakerMix posted:

Hello BYOB.

You were always scary in the same way that FYAD is scary, I assumed it was an inclusive cliquey-thing that required wayyy too much energy to try to fit on in an internet forum so I never did. Is posting with proper punctuation and capitalization weird around here? Thanks.

I have a dog and a tiny van, his name is Sprocket. The van is named 'tiny van'. I like sythwave-esque music so much that I run a little station out of my own pocket for anyone that wants to listen. This might seem like I'm plugging and I suppose that's true enough but there are no ads and I don't take donations or anything I just like the music. :))) http://www.shazbotsyndicate.com/

hello kakermix :wave:

we are not cliquey and clearly we don't care about grammar

FluffieDuckie

Smash it Smash hit posted:

ugh I want to say bad words so bad.

ughnnahhhhhh

GBS KING :fyadride:

ok so good, you didn't say bad words. now let's think of some good ones to say

FluffieDuckie

burrito is a good word. and bunny. those are both good words

FluffieDuckie

Smash it Smash hit posted:

I like... his.... dog?

GBS KING :fyadride:

:peanut:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluffieDuckie

if someone has to stop the spinning to be able to stay and post with us, then that's a good thing

maybe later they'll decide to spin with us

• Locked thread