Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Eh the only bad part about the Arrow episode was it had nothing to do with the crossover, at least not until the last few minutes. You could easily rewrite the situation that caused the dream world and nothing would change. The episode itself was solid otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Honestly I hope Flash and Legends of Tomorrow crossover. It makes the most sense, and LOT will be moving to Tuesdays at 9pm starting after the break so they could easily do a one night two-hour special.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

ComposerGuy posted:

Kara and Barry's scene just reminded me that in a perfect world they would just be on the same show.
They'll be having that musical crossover during the second half of the season!

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

pee out my butt posted:

I don't know why Cisco is so bent up over Dante being dead, Dante was a douche.
Just because he was kind of a dick doesn't mean he wasn't Cisco's brother. Plus the couple episodes they had they tried to reconcile their differences.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
My bet:

Betrayer: H.R. (it's interesting to note Savitar referred to him as "fake Wells" so something is up there.)
Fall: Cisco or Caitlin ("fall" doesn't necessarily mean death, it could be a fall from grace)
Fate worse than death: Barry

DoctorWhat posted:

If they bring Laurel back I'll watch, my guy, but I'm sick of lady-type characters getting killed for shock value and I'm SUPER DUPER ULTRA SICK of people HOPING for love interests they find "annoying" to get killed off.
Interviews have hinted that she'll come back to life around the midseason premiere, which is annoying as gently caress because it's Sara all over again (dies and comes back between one season.)

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

ElCondemn posted:

These are Jumanji rules man, as Cisco pointed out, the box wants to be found.

The real problem is that they can do whatever they want with the box but it won't change poo poo, they didn't "win". Savitar said he was put in the box by Barry in the future, so why are they so concerned with preventing the box from re-opening? What they really should've done is figure out how the box works so that they could skip all the crazy poo poo that's going to happen and just lock him in the box when he shows up in the future.
Or they could just keep the box in Star Labs? Lock it up and throw away the key. They know now what Savitar does after all.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Wheat Loaf posted:

Does anyone remember when they did that gimmick really early on where Barry would visualise features of crime scenes (e.g. tire tracks, footprints) in white dotted-lines? Just popped unbidden into my head when I sat down to watch the latest episode. :D
I miss when Barry did his job in general. They basically just use the CSI position as a setting backdrop for when they want to meet somewhere that isn't STAR Labs.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I think Berlanti said they have no plans for new shows right now, since keeping up with four must already be strenuous. Plus because of contracts and other legal matters, getting Constantine would be very difficult since his Arrow appearance was stipulated as a one-time only thing at the time. Really no point to having a JLD show if you can't get him on board.

As for Gypsy, they will likely just not give her a superhero name to use and have her go by name alone. Supposedly she's a cop from Earth-19 and will probably have some kind of plot involved with Harry.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Oh, my bad. They have the same abbreviations and "JLD" is usually used for the Dark one.

...And plus a Detroit show is even less likely to be made than a Dark one, sadly.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I guess I just don't see them making a second ensemble show any time soon if it involves taking current characters away from their shows. It has the side effect of taking away some great supporting characters from the shows they originated from. I can't for a moment imagine a Flash show without Cisco, or Supergirl without MM, because those two are so integral to the shows they come from.

Hence why JL Dark is a bit more likely to me, since they would have to introduce a whole new slew of characters. The only one on the current shows who would qualify is Ragman, who is already competing with a bunch of newbies on Arrow anyways. But again, Berlanti already said he doesn't want to make anymore new shows unless one of them ends, so it's a moot point.

lotus circle fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Dec 12, 2016

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Scyantific posted:

Apparently Ronnie Raymond likes getting killed off so much he's coming back to do it a third time.
As there is a whole multiverse of Wells for Tom Cavanagh to play, so too is there a whole multiverse of Ronnie Raymonds to kill off.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Spergatory posted:

Christ almighty. I don't know how I didn't see it coming. It's so obvious, and yet I didn't even think to guess. Of course it's him. Glee is the inescapable spectre that haunts us all, as well as them. Let's hold hands and skip into this musical hell together. :psyduck:
Grant Gustin and Melissa Benoist both got their major starts on Glee, so it makes a certain sense.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Spergatory posted:

Just adorable. :allears:
Are you gonna be ok buddy?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

bull3964 posted:

I never understood the whole "Letting my loved ones know who I am puts them at risk" thing. No, your enemies knowing who you are puts them at risk. You giving them a heads up could help them if an enemy finds out. Not telling them is selfish.
It's a story telling remnant of the past, particularly done with love interests. Unless your main enemy is a telepath, there's no good reason to hide that information from loved ones.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Ville Valo posted:

I keep forgetting to save it - Anyone got the reverse (heh) Cosnett gif?
I assume this is the one you mean (spoilers for Quantico)

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

hiddenriverninja posted:

I wasn't a fan of Cisco trying to get at his alternate universe self (doppleganger?). Gross.
Yeah she's not his doppelganger, she's just someone with similar powers from the comics.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Honestly I'm annoyed cause it seemed at first we'd finally get a Caitlin plot that didn't involve romance. But the second Julian stopped being an evil dick he became available so the writers are like "gently caress it" because they're incapable of writing a woman who isn't in a relationship with some dude.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

nine-gear crow posted:

I looked at the rest of the roster for both teams and I was like "wow, outside of Mark Cuban, Anthony Mackie, and Hasan Minhaj, I have no idea who any of these people are" followed closely by "...wait, Master P's still alive :confused:?"
Anthony Mackie plays Falcon in the Marvel movies, and Hasan Minhaj is from The Daily Show. Both are treasures and you better look them up. :colbert:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

irlZaphod posted:

Yeah those were the names which they recognised.
In my defense, those two are still treasures despite the fact that I can't read.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Chokes McGee posted:

This ends in Julian using his alchemy powers one last time to remove Caitlin's powers before dying thus removing anything interesting about this entire mess
God I hope not. Honestly it's all the more disappointing because Danielle always seemed really excited in interviews when the topic of being Killer Frost gets brought up. The fact that the show's writing makes her too afraid to face her powers, and in addition looking for ways to get rid of it, is a really poor move. Her powers have already saved the day a number of times (freeing Barry from the mirror, freezing Savitar temporarily, stopping Iris from dying before they could cure her) and the only thing that needs to be fixed is her weird evil personality that manifests with it.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

howe_sam posted:

Harry and HR, just make that the episode.
I would 100% watch a whole episode of every version of Wells together in the same room.

Edit: Also Harry is totally jealous that everyone likes HR.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Hahahaha holy poo poo Harry SERIOUSLY.

Not even Wellsobard would be so manipulative... well on second thought.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Honestly I enjoyed the episode, but I don't think it was that strong. They pretty obviously blew their budget for this two-parter all on the first episode, and then tried to figure out a way to budget the second half.

The trailers and EPs promised this big epic fight against a gorilla army, but Barry and co. fought like five of them for a minute before Solovar comes in, beats Grodd, and the gorillas just immediately follow him again for a quick tidy ending. And that was a great goofy fight to watch, but the build-up to the big army fight falls flat upon delivery. Even Barry's whole moral dilemma of whether or not he should kill Grodd is taken completely out of his hands, and instead he just convinces Solovar not to do it by promising to keep Grodd away from Earth-2.

I'm also not really digging Gypsy, whose entire personality is just "I'm a badass." There's potential, but the writers just want her to be generic action girl for Cisco to get the hots for. Cisco could have easily opened up the breach for Solovar alone, so why was she even there after a whole scene of him convincing her to help? She just ends up being another example of CW's writers being incapable of writing women with more than one or two personality traits. Oh and they have to be either ready to hookup, or already with someone.

Harry was especially way more dickish than usual, when you step back and realize he was trying to emotionally manipulate Wally into leaving Jesse by faking a terminal illness. poo poo I feel like they tidied up Jesse's anger at him way too quickly. This isn't a usual "dad you're being overprotective" moment, and it's even extra dickish when you remember Wally's mother died of a terminal illness.

The first episode had its flaws, but I think it was a much stronger showing because it just focused on Story A (E2 in Gorilla City) and Story B (Wally and Jesse). This episode was all over the place in comparison and didn't really deliver on what the trailers promised. It was 85% CW dramatics and then 15% of actual action, and that's if you include Barry's high-speed game of decoder.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

GreenNight posted:

He's only creepy if she didn't like him.
No it was still pretty creepy since he was flirting with her almost non-stop the whole episode, even when she kept ignoring him or shooting him down. That kiss at the end felt like the writer's self-insert nerd boy fantasy of this cool badass hot chick being totally into him. Cisco doesn't deserve these bad writers.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

GreenNight posted:

It was pretty heavily hinted at in every episode she's been in. Nothing there was a surprise.
It's less about what has been hinted or not, and more that her entire character just exists to give Cisco a girlfriend. So yeah, it is kind of creepy on a writing level.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Big Belly Burger's economic growth is probably skyrocketing based on the number of burgers speedsters buy from them alone.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Knormal posted:

I was kind of under the impression that post-Flashpoint reboot Flash was supposed to have been less murdery in this timeline. I don't think he's killed anyone this season, and they don't have their inhumane solitary confinement meta prison anymore. I guess they never officially established that, but that's why I figured everyone was all "mustn't kill."
I don't think this has ever been confirmed. They really never commented on just how much the timeline changed between S2 and S3 because of Barry loving up. What I remember is:

-Caitlin has powers now
-Cisco's brother died in a DUI and Barry (of this current timeline, not the one we know) refused to go back in time and save him.
-Julian has been working with Barry on CSI for roughly a year or so, and hated his guts.
-Joe didn't tell Iris about her mother being alive and dying, and she only learned about it because Wally suddenly appeared. Because of this Iris has refused to communicate with him one-on-one for many months.
-There is a speed lab where Barry trains to be a better speedster. No word when this was made, but it's not recent.

Additionally neither Harry nor Jesse were affected by the Flashpoint changes because they were on E2, and are just as surprised to learn all this as Barry.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Knormal posted:

I think there was some line in one of the early episodes this season that metas are confined in some prison now (Blackgate? Iron Heights? one of the standard DC names), so presumably they're not in the basement anymore. Hell, maybe they even actually got a trial! But yeah I guess it's never been clearly defined if that was just from some point on, or if they transferred them all there, or what.
Yeah all metas are now kept in Iron Heights, but the pipeline prison still clearly exists so that didn't change with the timeline.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Rhyno posted:

I thought she got away with Prometheus?
I didn't watch the episode but from what I saw she got one hit punch by Felicity (which is really an apt metaphor brought to life for how Laurel has been treated in comparison to her) and now she's in ARGUS custody (which really may as well be the new SuperMax Prison because almost everyone just gets whisked away there and is never seen again.)

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Tree Dude posted:

How does this alternate reality square with the Music Meister headline we saw?
People can be offered book deals for a lot of crazy poo poo.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Shaddak posted:

For anyone who watched the preview for the next episode, what are your thoughts on what Savitar wants with Wally? What's he using him for?
I think it has to do with Wally getting his powers from Alchemy+Savitar. It's kind of been a pattern that people who got their powers from them can be prone to mental instability. Savitar must be tapping into that. And I imagine he wants someone who can free him from the speed force.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Guy Goodbody posted:

Did the Savitar suit debut this episode? I thought it was always CG before?
As of this episode they're using a physical suit that they CGI in post. It looks a lot better honestly.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Rhyno posted:

Yeah the physical suit looks so much better but is a bit clunky.

Savitar is Eddie.
The design in general is pretty clunky, but it feels more menacing than the transformers cgi poo poo they did before.

Also yeah all bets on Eddie as well, the person they're dealing with clearly loving knows everyone and has a connection to them. Either it's gonna be Eddie or Future Barry.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
No he was saying "I am the future, Flash." Commas matter people! :colbert:

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Look knowing our luck it's probably gonna be Jay again.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Tree Dude posted:

Didn't we see CC with a pretty significant coastline in a few episodes? I'm specifically picturing weather wizard tsunami.
That's because Vancouver is by the river, so they can't really avoid it. CC is definitely located in Missouri in the comics though.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Yeah I'm really disappointed with how they're writing Iris this season. Season 1 Iris was bogged down by a lot of stupid poo poo revolving around her being constantly in the dark to Barry's identity, but at least she had a life outside of Barry or Eddie. She was a blogger who managed to get a job at the local news, and was one of the first people to believe in Flash as a hero.

Season 2 was arguably the best season for her. No longer bogged down by the identity poo poo, Iris was allowed to grow into a kickass reporter. She even had her own storyline for the first nine episodes, where she reconnects with her mother and tracks down Wally. We saw her a lot at work, she was friends with Linda, had a feud with her new boss (and then a weird half-second romance thing) and still managed to contribute to Team Flash.

Season 3 though she's just been Barry's love interest and has pretty much had all her scenes either with him or with Joe and Wally. They have cute scenes together that are sweet, but what else does she do? And the Savitar plot has effectively damsel'd her the entire season, leaving her life in the hands of Barry and/or Wally. She shows concern for her life being in danger, and has melodramatics discussions in the hallway/apartment with Barry and that's about all she's done in 16 episodes. Hell even WestAllen shippers don't seem very happy about these two being together because of the ridiculous melodrama.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Gotta say wasn't a big fan of this episode. For a hyped "musical" I think there were only a total of 4 songs. And I would have liked the Barry-Iris serenade at the end more if it wasn't for the two episodes of melodrama that preceded it.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Maxwell Lord posted:

Now I just want some sort of Crazy Ex Girlfriend crossover.
Honestly I'd love to see Rachel Bloom have a guest role on one of these shows. She'd play a really fun villain I bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Senerio posted:

I ran the Season 1 CXG Best Song thing, so I made one for this month of Superhero Songs.

https://goo.gl/forms/9I0I9W5zlfdGiXkS2

Also: we now know that Cisco is on team hard g. The proper pronunciation. It's not jif.
I appreciate you including Day-O.

• Locked thread