Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Wasn't he also hitting on her as Flash up to an including when she was engaged (or I guess about to be engaged)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, he was hitting on her while pretending to be someone else. When he accidentally confessed his true feelings for her as Barry he got his friends to say that he had been temporarily insane to make Iris feel bad for him.

I loved how Eddie while initially angry was super cool with it. He was always a good friend to Barry, and Barry would smile and try to get his girl behind his back. Eddie was such a good character, an actual nice guy, not a bully, and just trying to do the right thing whether it was his job or or girl or his friends. They could have taken him a completely different way but I like how they did him, made his sacrifice that more tragic.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Koalas March posted:

If you want to look back at all the sad Eddie moments: http://poor-eddie.tumblr.com

Ha, this is so cute.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
For me the main issue was the characters themselves going back and forth without it going anywhere. One character thinks they like the other? Time jump, didn't happen. Now the other is ready to love? I need some space. We both of ready? Tragedy that nullifies it.

Just f'ing commit.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Cisco offered during the crossover to upgrade Ray's suit and he mentioned it last week so that presumably will be coming soon. I was super impressed with the original so I can't wait to see how the new aluminum man suit turns out.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

OB_Juan posted:

An episode where Charlie Day trys to convince the Arrow cast to do anything, especially sing, is now my favorite thing that should happen but never will.

Really, an Always Sunny/Arrow crossover would be amazing.

The Gang Kills Laurel

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
But of course we get the standard... "We can't tell [character] the obviously harmful decision we just made that could easily effect them too, because it will hurt their feelings and make them crazy. Lying is the best course of action!"

Rocksicles posted:

Iris... killing the wardrobe yet again.

Gawd drat right.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
I really like how HR is the polar opposite of season one Wells. He's just so drat positive and scientifically useless.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Rocksicles posted:

How do you go back in time to Camelot?

Ask Robin Hood for directions.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Grodd just made an energy dampener like they used in the prisoner convoy episode. He made them out of coconuts, I've seen it done before by a Profession, a Skipper, and his little buddy.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Sir Potato posted:

Was hoping for this, but I guess the gorilla statues were pretty cool.

Honestly, I was just super stoked that they actually showed Gorilla City. Never thought I'd see a live action version when I was a kid watching cartoons.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
To be fair, this time, no one told Barry to run faster. So, of course, he couldn't do it.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
So why did Cisco need Gypsy?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Fru Fru posted:

It was explained (poorly) that she was the only one who knew where Solovar was. It was not explained how she knew. Maybe Grodd made her hide him on yet another Earth.

Well poo poo that just opens even more questions. Like why would Grodd keep him alive? Especially after they drove it in over and over how it's all life or death when dealing with gorilla politics.

:speedforce.gif:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
My one question is what happened to Tokamak (the not firestorm guy)? They threw him in no-lunch supermax for being angry and threatening to tell on them.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

Hub City is Chicago, or maybe St. Louis

Believe it or not I lean towards the latter

I feel the same way but with Central City.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
You guys have it wrong. The earth is the same size, but Vancouver covers most of the earth's surface. Everything else is just a suburb.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Spacebump posted:

What number is Supergirl's Earth?

Earth-38

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Space Crabs posted:

Savitar is that guy with the sound gauntlets, he is really mad they never called him back or mentioned him or acknowledge his existence after the time wraith incident despite seeming to be really good friends at the time.

I was wondering earlier how Flashpoint mixed up Piper's relationship with the gang. They really should revisit it, especially with a musical episode coming up.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

Agreed, I'm tired of liberalism in the CW DC shows. I want Arrow to go back to murdering the rich

I'd think murdering the rich is as far Left as you can get.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Zebulon posted:

Because like half the cast of the CW'verse shows are from Glee, have broadway experience, or can otherwise sing well. That's pretty much where the reasoning begins and ends.

That and the fans were demanding it because of the above. People were very vocal about wanting a musical episode.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

McDragon posted:

Ha, I've been watching that MacGyver reboot thing and who turns up as an assassin but Abra-fuckin-Kadabra.

That was bothering me all episode, thank goodness for IMDB. I like the actor, he does crazy killer who enjoys himself very well. Well, in these two anyway.

E: oh my god he plays a crazy murderer in Twelve Monkeys too. And he's in Gotham but I haven't watched that, guessing he's a mad killer there too. Man has a gift for that sort of role

He's good in Gotham. Crazy Murderer is definitely his wheelhouse.

(he's the guy in the ambulance from The Dark Knight for me.)

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
"Ah ha! I have found you Top!" (remember Barry don't look at her eyes, don't look at her eyes)
*looks at her eyes*
"poo poo."

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Space Crabs posted:

:colbert: gently caress you did try everything possible.

Just grab that little "speed dampener" Cisco made. IT WAS RIGHT THERE! GAWDAMN BARRY!

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Robot Hobo posted:

Ronnie seems likely to me, Barry did wreck his life, and Frost's reaction would make sense. Killer Frost and evil Firestorm were an item on Earth 2 already.

Still, I hope Savitar is the time remnant Barry created and sacrificed to stop Zoom. If that Barry remnant got absorbed into the speedforce and had to spend months dealing with the annoyingly passive aggressive speedforce spirit he always meets there, he'd probably be pretty pissed off at Barry Prime by now. That would also got with the show's persistent theme of absolutely everything bad being Barry's doing in some way.

My problem with the time remnant idea is that Future Barry would have warned him, "Oh btw, don't create any Remnants to stop Savitar because one becomes him." Instead he just says he don't know who Savitar is.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Robot Hobo posted:

Well, if it was the time remnant Barry made to defeat Zoom, that was before 2017, so it would be too late to warm him about that one now. Either way, 2024 Barry still might not know that's who Savitar was... Or might just be lying to keep a pointless and harmful secret because that's just how Team Flash always operates.

...but it's probably gonna be Robbie.

That time remnant that he used to defeat Zoom blew up with the multiverse doomsday device. That was kind of the point and mention in that episode, if you make a remnant it has to die or the wraiths come for you.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Lillian Luthor isn't a villian* though.

*not till season 3... probably

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

howe_sam posted:

Lillian Luthor is the leader of Cadmus and very much a villain

Lena Luthor isn't a villain...yet.

drat, all these Luthor's are confusing! Back in my day we had ONE, and he was bald.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

Oh yeah, does Barry still work for the police department?

He hangs out there, just so he can run into Joe and get him into the plot.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

They're too terrified to even use the words bat and man in the same sentence because the WB lawyers would descend on them like the Visigoth hordes, so that's never gonna happen :v:

I think it's more the show runners wanting to separate them then the WB lawyers, they had Superman on WB after all and he's just as notable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
He annoyed me less when I found out he's actually Australian and is doing an American accent.

• Locked thread