Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Edit: Awful app screw-up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Bonus points if they go back in time and encounter Wells-Thawne.

And also Barry isn't in it, or Caitlin. And Iris punches somebody.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Iris on Infinite Earths.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They also called two different things time remnants.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It would have been awesome if Eddie did that and it didn't affect Thawne at all.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just to be clear, Zoom didn't have a double the whole time. He was posing as Jay himself for a while, the double only came when necessary.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The best villain defeat is still Rainbow Raider.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

'How much does it hurt?'
'As much as I deserve'

Please cancel this show.

pee out my butt posted:

GUGGENHEIM FORCE

Our writing is poo poo.

Guggenheim doesn't work on Flash.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Her powers make her colder. It's a classic dumb comics pun.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My Alchemy theory is that Earth 1 Julian isn't really him, but that an alternate Julian (Flashpoint one probably) is and that the helmet and/or gem thing somehow lets that one take him over.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nope, always bad. You've been wrong this whole time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MiddleOne posted:

Stop gaslighting me :mad:

Seriously though, go back and watch season 1. Ostensibly, it's mostly the same characters, sets, music and themes that the following 7 seasons re-hashed until oblivion. However, upon closer inspection there's also interesting cinematography, non-recycled dialogue and even prestige style (of which we've had a lot this year but certainly not back then) experimental episodes. It still stands very well on its own. The biggest way that the later seasons detracts from it though is the soundtrack as 3-5 of the tracks are re-used in the subsequent seasons to the point where you'll mentally groan every time they play.

So, in conclusion

The Flash, not Dexter.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

8one6 posted:

In a semi-related thought: Post-Flashpoint do they still have Black Siren locked up in the no-lunch supermax?

Unclear.

But they've said Katie Cassidy is playing multiple characters this season, so likely.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

With the help of Julian who he has freed from Savitar's control, Barry is able to finally corner the God of Speed.

He dashes in for the fight, when suddenly Savitar flickers a few times and disappears. Barry is hit by a taser and falls to the ground convulsing, and the fat kid from the monster episode stands over him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOugNisFgVo

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm sure this murder will prevent me from becoming a bad guy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Psychosomatic eye color change. it's a big problem.

There's literally a visual cue for her bad guy moments.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

It bugs me that only Supergirl came over from her dimension. I want to see Martian Manhunter, Diggle, and Joe team up to deliver a bit of three-way stern hunky black man common sense.

They're in the posters, but that might just be because they were in the Supergirl not really crossover episode.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She knows she can say whatever she wants because half the audience doesn't watch her show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

That was a great episode EXCEPT for Felicity's loving team up line. She just sucks the life and fun out of every scene she's in.

You must be confused. The latino guy is Cisco.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't watch Legends, is Firestorm still just Heat Wave with flying or does he finally transmute stuff?

Because if he does he could just make kryptonite.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Guy A. Person posted:

Well we know the Dominators exist in Kara's universe so there's a possibility (I actually really liked that detail)

And she somehow knows them by that name even though that's what Argus made up to call them on Earth.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Thawne used his face stealing tech to become Barry, who because speedforce etc. didn't die like the real Wells did. Barry's still trapped in Flashpoint.

But because of the timeline stuff that totally matters sometimes Thawne's memories are slowly being replaced with Barry's, and he's forgetting who he really is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno's life is pain and suffering.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fuckin Trump Riot posted:

I haven't watched Arrow yet but well done if that's when the Laurel appearance happens. It's an even better troll than my idea, and I respect that.

She's still coming back this season, just not starting now.

I assume Barry is going to gently caress up big and cause major changes. Again. Maybe even tonight? They'd have to do it in a cross-over or that's a hell of a "Previously on..."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ComposerGuy posted:

Kara and Barry's scene just reminded me that in a perfect world they would just be on the same show.

Let's not infect Supergirl with Barry bullshit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Man you're just striking out in here.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Guy A. Person posted:

Honestly after last night's ep I am feeling a little better about it since we still get a jokey Cisco, just not when Barry's around. They just need more scenes of him being goofy and funny with the other cast in addition to him being pissy with Barry. Instead of just non-stop mopage.

Yeah that's been pretty funny. He's intentionally putting on a sulky face around Barry.

Too bad outside of crossovers we won't see him away from Barry.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nah.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He has terrible delivery, like most of that cast.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Edit: Wrong Arrowverse thread.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Felicity is fine now, Barry can keep his broken Cisco.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They really needed someone reacting to Wells being called fake.

Even if they brush it off as him saying that because this isn't Earth 2 Wells or something, the characters should acknowledge it or they look like idiots.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Writh posted:

Sorry if I am misunderstanding what I saw last night or am forgetting something that might have been plainly explained but I need some clarity if it can be reached at this point.

So Savitar is pissed at Barry for throwing him into the speedforce. So Barry and Jay decide, "let's throw the rock that is clearly Savitar into the speedforce to get rid of him." So is this another time that Barry has thrown him in the speedforce or is this actually the original time Barry throws him in the speedforce that got Savitar all pissed off. And if this is to be considered his original dumping of Savitar does that mean he ends up coming out of the speedforce in the ancient past to eventually have Draco find him?

Ok, time travel discussion headache setting in better wrap this up; so since Savitar is a transformer for some reason, already hates Barry and knows everything about everyone on team Flash does that mean rather than being the first person with super speed he is just some jackass from the future that Barry sent to the past? Has Barry achieved the perfection of an infinite time loop of loving everything up?

It's likely not the time Savitar's referring to. Jay says Savitar only shows up when speedsters reach a level that's threatening to him.

So he probably went after future confident, powerful Flash. But he lost, so now he's going after Murder Idiot Flash to prevent him from becoming the Flash that can beat him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Let's put him in a magic prison you can't escape unless you can run really fast.

Also the prison is made of run really fast fuel.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Barry hasn't done his job more than once or twice in 2 seasons, and once only to steal evidence.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's actually a pretty sweet resort on the other side with pools and a game room.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He was a hallucination.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think that joke has been beaten thoroughly into the ground. Let's not start another Jay panic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

NPH isn't really a talented singer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Careful, that much bad plotting could kill a man.

• Locked thread