Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which was more embarrassing?
This poll is closed.
The Debate 32 14.81%
MNF 8 3.70%
Donald's Hair 12 5.56%
Six Pickspatrick 48 22.22%
The Texans 50 23.15%
Whatever's about to happen to the Bills. 37 17.13%
Print the Shirts 29 13.43%
Total: 216 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Badfinger posted:

As much as it pains me to admit, this is not even close to true.

e: For example, Joe Namath or Troy Aikman.

I recently read a biography of Namath, and I think most people don't realize that by the time he left Alabama, his knees were already destroyed. He was on borrowed time by the time he got to the super bowl. His career was more akin to Gayle Sayers than Troy Aikman. He just refused to quit playing for way longer than he was physically capable.

I now view his career more as what could've been than I see it as underwhelming for a HoF player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Badfinger posted:

Peyton Manning doesn't really fit, does he? He didn't have "several" seasons, he had 15 seasons as the best quarterback in the history of football and 1 old, mediocre season. He had a career ending injury in 2010 and not only did his career not end, he had 3 of the best quarterback seasons ever following it. People eventually get old.

But seriously you guys Eli's path to the HoF is the only reason Joe Namath is in. He was an AWFUL quarterback. He only had 2 seasons where he threw more TDs than INTs.

I need you to know how bad Joe Namath was.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NamaJo00.htm

He won the Super Bowl at age 25. The difference between him and Gale Sayers is that Sayers was actually good in the NFL at literally any point.

I'm just saying no one really talks about the fact that his entire career took place on destroyed knees that were made even worse by that eras medicine's poor understanding of how knees even work. The story of his knee surgeries are quite frankly horrifying

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

LdT, Antonio Gates, Junior Seau, Derrick Thomas, Tony Gonzales and Jamaal Charles are like six of the most iconic football players who aren't QBs of the last 20 years. No one is going to forget them, wtf

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

That Which Squeaks posted:

Dee Milliner cut while on IR, RIP

Someone really needs to update the Jets draft video.

Sweet, here comes another highly drafted bust of a corner that the Steelers can snag for nothing, but leave on the bench

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Boston could have done the Pixies but of course they'd look past one of the most influential bands of the last 40 years to embrace faux Irish pride

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Steelers are working on an offensive play package with Le'Veon Bell in the slot to keep DWill in the backfield at the same time, ostensibly as a red zone formation

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

They fuckin' love throwing quick outs to LevBell at the goal line (I think he got a few fades even?), this makes sense to keep the threat/option to run there anyways. Smart.

If/when Ladarius Greene ever comes off PUP, I just don't know how teams will be able to defend this team. Of course that means nothing, but theoretically drat

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah I wouldn't bet on a player with 1000 receiving yards since 2012 turning into even Martellus Bennett.

He really only needs a play or two per game. I mean, it's not like defenses aren't already contending with AB and Le'Veon who are the work horses. I'm willing to bet he can manage that workload just fine

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Eh, if you guys can get another WR going I could see that.

Sammie Coates has 3 consecutive games with 1 or more 40 yard recptions. The idea that no one else is doing anything on the team is kinda not reality

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

There's a report that Josh Gordon checked into rehab because he was caught by TSA with an entire pound of weed in his luggage.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I respect Joe Thomas

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Dumb question: is Josh Gordon still eligible to sign with any other team even though he has checked into rehab?

Probably, but it won't mean much if the rumor regarding the pound of weed the TSA found in his luggage is real

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Roethlisberger passed Marino on the consecutive games with a TD pass list at 41. Closing in Unitas and Brees

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Blarfk posted:

Wait. What about last week?

God drat it. My mistake

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Blarfk posted:

I'm sorry D-Link I didn't want this to happen :(

No biggie. That'll learn me to repost poo poo without fact checking

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

So Tevin Coleman has sickle cell anemia apparently and yet Dan Quinn expects him to play this week in Denver. That doesn't seem like something that is a good idea or even possible, right? Didn't Ryan Clark have his spleen removed because he played in Denver? I admittedly know very little about sickle cell but it doesn't seem like something you could take something for in regards to managing it and the altitude?

Clark nearly died, no exaggeration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Can someone explain to me how the Rams are 3-1

Aaron Donald

• Locked thread