Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which was more embarrassing?
This poll is closed.
The Debate 32 14.81%
MNF 8 3.70%
Donald's Hair 12 5.56%
Six Pickspatrick 48 22.22%
The Texans 50 23.15%
Whatever's about to happen to the Bills. 37 17.13%
Print the Shirts 29 13.43%
Total: 216 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Good upcoming slate - Raiders v. Ravens , bills vs. pats and hte primetime games are pretty decent for this time of year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Coldforge posted:

The video cuts off the best part of the press conference.

The very next question: "Well then, what do you call that when there's no read of the defensive end?"

Kelly: "I call that a handoff."

You should probably be less smug when you're on your 2nd NFL team currently ranked near the bottom in every offensive category. And your former team jettisoned all your old players and is busy tearing up the NFL in offense.

Also I do not understand the JJ Watt backlash. He's this generation's lawrence taylor and is loving amazing. Just stay away from some of the fawning and appreciate the all time great who can destroy games at defense, those guys don't come around very often and it's super sad he's out for the year.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

take that back, jj watt doesn't smoke crack or solicit prostitutes so he's not nearly as cool as LT

We don't know that. For all we know his back injury was due to an all day orgy in morocco or some poo poo

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Metapod posted:

gently caress jj watt

You deserved jake locker & Mike Mularkey

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Metapod posted:

I'm sorry duke of football opinions that I prefer pass rushers in the Suh/Haynesworth/Suggs/Burfict over whitebread watt my truest apologies

Suh is amazing, and as a Nebraska fan I love him most dearly. In college he was exactly what Watt was - an unstoppable force able to dominate games and throw quarterbacks around like rag dolls. He can't really do that in the NFL with any sort of consistency especially now that he is stuck on whatever it is that the dolphins assembled. JJ Watt can. Actually none of those guys can and it's not even particularly close. The comparison to his destruction of defenses is basically Reggie white (:3:) in the 80s, the last player who just absolutely dominated in all aspects of the game head and shoulders above the competition.

the ringer posted:

In Football Outsiders’ defeats statistic, which includes stops on third and fourth down, plays behind the line, and turnovers, Watt’s 77 tops the league over the past two seasons combined, and is 138 percent of the 55.77 average for players ranked nos. 2–10. Defeats for 2015 will be released in the Football Outsiders Almanac later this year, but the site’s founder, Aaron Schatz, was kind enough to show me Watt’s figures, along with these nuggets:

FOA credited Watt with 51 hurries last year. Nobody else totaled more than 37.5 (Carlos Dunlap). Watt had 33 QB hits, including plays canceled by penalty. Olivier Vernon was second at 30.

Looking at the overall totals for 2013 and 2014, Watt’s superiority is clear by those numbers too. FOA credited him with 35 hits in 2014. Ziggy Ansah was second with 19, and the nos. 2–10 average was only 15.88, essentially half of Watt’s total. He had 11 more hurries than second place Von Miller that year, and three more run tackles for loss than second place Lavonte David. Two years ago, the numbers weren’t quite as ridiculous, but they were still pretty absurd. Watt finished third in run tackles for loss, but he still had 15 more quarterback hits (36) than any other player, nearly doubled the average for the rest of the top 10, and finished fourth in hurries by Football Outsiders’ numbers.
https://theringer.com/jj-watt-antonio-brown-rob-gronkowski-nfl-position-kings-f1634d2647d1#.6e0cu8862

adaz fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Sep 30, 2016

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Metapod posted:

I like how you read that and thought this dude is being completely serious and thinks Suh is better than watt MUST SHOW HIM WRONG

It was important to Defend The Honor of JJ!

Intruder posted:

Beastly awesome #1 overall pick Marcus Mariota vs overpaid lovely bum Brock Osweiler

One of them is coached by a real football coach as opposed to whatever it is we call Mularkey.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Intruder posted:

I was trying something new: being positive

didn't work out

Now I have to drag everyone down with me

Since when is anyone from the Belichick coaching tree a "real football coach"?

I didn't say they were a good football coach just they can list that on their resume and I wouldn't laugh at them. Mularkey appears to be a homeless man (presumably, the same one who told the browns to draft Johnny Football) dressed up like a football coach

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

whypick1 posted:

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/transporting-firearms-and-ammunition

Needless to say, "loaded and just hanging out in your backpack" doesn't pass the muster.

This happened to my cousin years ago - her brother had taken the duffle bag out hunting and left a loaded pistol in it. She didn't notice it in the pockets when she was loading it but the TSA sure did! She got out of it only because of a panic'd call to both her brother and dad who happen to be state patrol officers. Even so, it took them a couple hours to convince the TSA it was an accident and she shouldn't go to Real Bad Jail Time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Dunno, that's just.. pure speculation. Like, 100%. I mean I don't doubt the 49ers are evil but that article has absolutely no sources to corroborate or substantiate the claims. It's just wild speculation.

• Locked thread