Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Paladinus posted:

This was actually the worst loving episode of Black Mirror full stop.

A-loving-men

King Vidiot posted:

Nah it's like a Voight-Kamp test for callous dickheads and you just failed
I'm still using the sap from that episode on my pancakes ffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Also I hate to get greedy but where is my BOTW? I've got a bowl packed and ready to go.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Zzulu posted:

reasons to not drink:

a)

Hangovers am I right? Oof, moving a little slow today hehehehe

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

YOURE NOT WATCHING STAR WARS CORRECTLY

STOP CLAPPING

THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Mike: I just think the Star Wars movies I've watched a thousand times are more memorable than these new ones for some odd reason. Rogue One is therefore inferior.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Fojar38 posted:

i genuinely liked the characters

even obvious china pandering characters were likable enough

I'm a dummy so I kind of enjoyed more-confident-less-flamboyant C3PO

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

They'll do the Star Trek Beyond thing and make the super weapon a swarm of really tiny weapons this time, like they're so loving clever.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Alligator was the only thing separating this from being a Wheel of the Worst. I could totally see the other two glued onto it and spun around.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Young Han Solo, meet baby Luke and Leia.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Plinkett aka Mike says TFA doesn't get a mark for story, because they just ripped off A New Hope and blew up a Death Star. He then goes on to say Rogue One lacks an ending because they didn't blow up a Death Star at the end. I'm confused.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

violent sex idiot posted:

that was in the section where rouge one was analyzed sans context of being a star wars movie. so the movie ends with everyone dying and the bad guys winning

The mission is accomplished, most of the ships escape, and the movie goes out of its way (excessively so) to bridge the gap with A New Hope. They emphatically want Rogue One to be a part of a larger story, they even subtitled it "A Star Wars Story" ffs.

Removing the context makes it a different and worse movie but yeah no poo poo Mike.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I'm a bit underweight and enjoyed Rogue One, what about you guys?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I proudly admit to not minding Tarkin at all. The battalion of CGI and visual effects artists employed by Disney(tm) don't come to where you assholes work and slap the dicks out of your mouths. Let's see you resurrect the dead with 100% fidelity.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

quote:

As one must always point out in CineD, yes it's okay if you liked the thing. Just because the thing was terrible and basically everybody hated the thing, doesn't mean that we're saying you're not allowed to like the thing. We're just saying that's a bad opinion to have.

loving hell

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Hello again, it's me Mr Plinkett. I'm back to cleverly respond to more poorly worded criticism from people who learned English as a second language. That'll make me feel bette--err I mean SHOW 'EM!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Fojar38 posted:

are plinkett reviews mikes opinions specifically at this point

I thought that Rich does a lot of the writing for them

He did help with the TNG reviews, not much else besides that. Also he recalls asking "Who was the protagonist?" to Mike immediately after Phantom Menace came out.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

enjoy. i thought it was an ok film. but be sure to post a youtube about your feelings with a smash cut every 4 seconds when you are done watching

Jump cut :science:

I don't really mind it too much, I'd rather she cuts the dead air and "uhhhs" than leave them in.

oohhboy posted:

Christ, she can't watch movies for poo poo and she can't list properly either. She just rambles on with halfass nonsense and does the whole idiot thing comparing to a movie that doesn't exist that doesn't connect as to why it is what it is. If you are going to try to take down a movie, be on point and have them ready so that your not constantly cutting every sentence, it just makes her even more incompetent.

Why the hell did Youtube keep recommending her for weeks. loving horrific. You have failed me Youtube for feeding me the worse SW click bait imaginable. I only made it half way through that garbage. I am not saying that R1 is the best movie, but drat, it's competent, makes sense the vast majority of the time and has a really good climax that makes up for the meandering first half.

I would back the RLM crew over her any day even though they(Mike) pissed over it with enough alcohol content in his urine to start a fire.
She made a lot of really good points bruv

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

lol i watch rlm so clearly i dont care about film theory or being correct about anything, my guy

hi Josh

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Even when they're having a sarcastic meltdown I still love them

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I kinda like the Rage Quit dude. He gets all mad cause he dies a lot and starts carryin on and so forth. :3:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

He doesn't deserve to be called racist but I'd never pick him as an ambassador to an Asian country let's put it that way.

God knows he'd start a nuclear war ranting about JRPGs.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

WampaLord posted:

All of the casting has been spot on for the most part. Only the Hulks had issues, until we got Ruffalo.

Dr Cumberbatch

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I've never heard of it and it looks dumb af

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

They used to do wedding videos so it was probably to sucker in the religious rubes.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Zahgaegun posted:

Apologies to whomever made this point first, but people are *still* angry posting about The Phantom Menace's review:

xD

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Vader force choked people because that's cool. Sidious lightning blasted people because that's cool. Kylo Ren froze a blaster bolt in mid-air because that's cool.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

naem posted:

I binged all their videos and now have to wait for more :(
Trash is endless, RLM is not.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

a bone to pick posted:

I wish they cast Will Smith as Mace Windu so he could say "What is this, some kind of star war?" at some point.

*punches alien* WELCOME TO GEONOSIS!

Doesn't have the same ring to it.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The Happening is his only watchable movie.

I am taken aback by this spicy contrarian opinion!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Where is my loving StarCraft movie? Is there no production company that wants to make a shitzillion dollars with little to no effort?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

I mean, I guess it would be sacrilege to the spergs, but they could just redesign the armor so that it fits normal people.

"Man these Mark II suits sure are more comfortable and less bulky than those lumbering Mark I's!"

There, done.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

hemale in pain posted:

yea, but was he in something good?

i jest but it's hard to count a tv series where he's just a side character who dies.

He had screen presence, was able to seem fluent in a completely made up language so clearly he doesn't halfass his character study, and he made a convincing rapist too.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

the sandworms are gonna look so fuckin cool and like from a video game!!!!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

starkebn posted:

got YouTube recommended a video from 2002 - it's good for a chuckle seeing them this young already upset with Star Wars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odJWMxjWQoo

Mike was at least self aware enough to look at this "documentary" he made and realized his best bet for fame would be to pretend that he was a serial killer in a dingy house talking about Star Wars.

Rich is such an inspiration!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I'd rather wait a week per update over endlesstrashcontent

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

You are annoying me

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Hooray! And it's Max Land-less to boot!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

The problem with Josh is that he is perfectly suited for the very podcasts The Nerd Crew poo poo all over. He could guest host on one of them and he'd be a loving superstar.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

2011 Jay might be best Jay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Paladinus posted:

You are going to eat your words when they release another Max Landis BotW and it's the best BotW ever.

BBotW??

• Locked thread