Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

HoAssHo posted:

Yeah, I don't think he gets enough credit for his editing (the WotW with the Canadians that had the video of the ventriloquist lady with the cow puppet is a good example of his editing making it way funnier) but he's obviously not as much the quick on his feet kind of funny person. He's more the kind of person who has funny ideas than one who can crank out a bunch of jokes on the spot like Mike.

Also, he just kinda seems like a nice, personable kinda guy. This was true before he was hot even.

In little asides or things he sometimes says, you can tell he tries to be inclusive and considerate of others :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Jay has the cutest little hand gestures, anyone else ever notice?

That Looney Tunes bit busted my gut.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Comic girl still has that naive stars-in-eyes youthful outlook on life and hasn't had her soul fully crushed by reality yet.

Give her 3-5 more years and she's ready.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I don't really know much about Alex Kurtzman other than he worked on the newer star trek movies. Is he a secret rear end in a top hat?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

oohhboy posted:

Mike is an alcoholic or is that considered square?

Also KOTOR sucks. Ye Old Tyme Star Wars is just current Star Wars with a 1000 years ago byline.

The second one was kind of nice in that it poo poo all over star wars concepts while still having fun with it..kinda like Blazing Saddles :downs:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

oohhboy posted:

It's definitely nicer as it does go out of it's way to gently caress with you but the rest is a dumpster fire with liberal use of white phosphorus. I was always shaking my fist at Keria wondering what the poo poo her problem was.

I think her entire thing was "gently caress the god drat Force and it's absolute control over everything, I want a choice in the matter."

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Trunko posted:

its cool how animated cartoons are making such a big comeback with general audiences

The live action movies end up some how being even more goofy.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Didn't that Anakin kid get picked over a way more competent one? If they have a "look", I guess everything else is sacrificed to get it.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I only remember hot gymnast beats people up in clown makeup. I also thought they were cyborgs, not home-grown human slaves :psyduck:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Hearing Ford's narration makes me think he's going to start talking about the maw-ga-why he got a dumb kid for Christmas.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Groovelord Neato posted:

i still can't understand why they used that take of part time. they had a perfectly good take in the trailer! it makes no sense!!

Maybe they thought going for a forced smarmy way of saying it like a younger Indie would be more appealing.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Guy Goodbody posted:

he's an alien

His pre-spider body change behavior was hilarious. The little inquisitive stances he makes while carefully listening to the situation or taking orders were great body acting.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
JUST DO IT, RICH!

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

bloom posted:

Best thing is we'll get meltdowns anyway because the I CLAPPED crowd hated on TFA and want the kind of pandering they got with Rogue One.

Whoever said awhile back about RLM sort of weeds out the hyper autistic nerds from the more common was right; such a noticeable shift in their attitude when you bring up RLM in any way.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Fat puppets are beautiful.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
As always:

:nms: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FON5KnEKReA :nms:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

drat, I just checked youtube like 5 minutes ago and there was nothing!

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Mike wants Admiral Ackbar to be a gay hipster.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I just really wanted to cut to a slow shot of an eye being slowly impaled.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Megamind was decent, and I also enjoyed some of the directions that they chose to go in plotwise. I'd rather have another Ratatouille than more Despicable Me's.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
That quick shot of batman looking down in the pouring rain, it looked like the only thing that wasn't CGI was his mouth. Or maybe it was the other way around, there's something really funny about that shot.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
So is it going to be heralded as breaking new ground like American Sniper?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Groovelord Neato posted:

everything about his look is a goddamn trainwreck. also i loving hate when you dunk on someone and they go "well we'll just have to disagree".

The most pussybitch "I don't want to offend or start any trouble" type of pushovers are the only ones who ever use that phrase. It's one of those things you say when you hit a real impasse with someone else, but they throw that up the second they get the slightest friction.

The Josh's of the world.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Zzulu posted:

plseae stopp talking about star wars!!

Im so tired of the star wars!!

i CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Coucho Marx posted:

Jenny Nicholson (who's been posted here before) talks about why creepypastas often suck. I only mention it because she namedrops these dead gay forums (at about 1:10) as the origin for many of them, including Slenderman.

Also I saw no ads or info about Atomic Blonde apart from the fact that Charlize Theron was in it, so I thought it was a badly titled Blondie biopic.

Ty for the video, good stuff.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I still cannot process how such a movie gets greenlit and approved. Like, when this was being pitched, did they lean real hard on the "This will be a hit with the babbys!"

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

WampaLord posted:

He's an uneducated construction worker from Wisconsin, how smart do you expect him to be?

He is however, amazing at predicting what's going to happen in Wheel of the Worst.

He's smart but makes boneheaded mistakes. He could have been something great. But then he became something even better...

Our angel.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

counterfeitsaint posted:

I'm looking forward to the next trend in pretentious filmmaking; going back to silent films.

After watching Homecoming, I'd be down for an intermissions at least if they want something trendy that's at least practical; during the movie at about the 1:30 mark my body was already feeling "Alright, this would be a good time to end...but it won't, will it?"

I liked it for the most part, and loved how quiet the uber nerds in the theater were at the fat geek going "YEAH GO IRONMAN!"

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Jay was really impressed by that boner.

Edit: drat that hard-bodied nazi milf cover for distracting me from Jay.

Wicker Man fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jul 31, 2017

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
As disappointment and despair start to sink in, you will come to understand The Rich Evans.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Unwiped biker assholes.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
There really is nothing new under the sun.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Did her skinsuit rear end look nice at least? That was part of the whole deal with the original :henget:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

counterfeitsaint posted:

This is the single least surprising post in the entire 548 page thread.

Wait a minute, what the hell is it? Looking it up shows a lot of rednecks with guns and pick up trucks on a desert island. What the hell is happening?

Like, is it Battlefield but with weird random guns everywhere?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Mr. Plinkett has not-Jessie in a trash compactor:

"Auhto-botz sss'semble!!"

::click::

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I wonder how that movie would have fared if it came out during the 90's heyday of "devil music and video games corrupting our kids."

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Jack is totally the kind of kid that wanders around lost in his own little world. Being on a farm probably helped the guy get so goofily detached from reality (though alcohol makes him funny).

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Red Letter Media is good.

I still love Mike's nerd-type analogy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I thought firefly was about insane rape psychos that kill, gently caress and eat anyone and everything they find?

• Locked thread