Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Basticle posted:

well I saw a movie

gently caress you

I loled at this part.

I was really hoping they'd warched/mention Hell or High Water.

Great movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Trunko posted:

counterpoint: they do

*gasp*
:ohdear:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Michaellaneous posted:

I have not watched The Witch but I watched Edge of Tomorrow which is a much better movie about witches imho.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

reignofevil posted:

okay my ocd can not handle this.

VVitch part?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Aw poo poo, sexty-nien

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Forer posted:

This is required watching for any new rlm fan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1LmRjxGqls

Maybe

:stare:

Why does this exist?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Paladinus posted:

Are robots real humans? Wait, before you answer, consider that they are very good-looking and are great at sex.

Sold!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Zzulu posted:

Westworld is good and i'd boink a robot

only consentually of course

unless they weren't sentient. Then all bets are off

but how do you know if theyre sentient though? OH GOD WHAT DO I DO

Bang first, ask questions later

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Me and my pals watched Star War number Five last night and we came to the conclusion that the prequels could not exist in the same continuity as the first Star War movies due to the fact that many characters' actions make no goddamn sense. Like Obi Wan already knew Chewie, Yoda already knew R2 and yet they act like they've never met before.

I never thought of this

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

YES

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Irradiation posted:

That really drives home the fact he also did RoboCop.

The shampoo thing? :confused:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

They didn't mention Busey's kid either

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

In what loving universe is Big Trouble in Little China a bad movie

I didn't really like it.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Cubone posted:

really honed into the salient part of my post there fellas

No, that's Bill Murray

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Schweinhund posted:

Official List of Big Dumb Idiots
Cubone
The Bananana

WhaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAT?!?!?!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Hmm, ok, let's see, what's Jack's character arc?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

KakerMix posted:

Why didn't they teach astronauts how to drill

Because drillin is an art
Been doing it 15 years and still don't have it all down

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

The best mod challenge.

Yug: "I'm an elite alpha male handsome aryan sex god"

Mods: Prove it

Yug: [sweaty bitch-tits quivering] omg no I'm shy lol

Lol.
Link?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

reignofevil posted:

I'm picturing Jay being like "the people didn't like our transformers review" and then they laugh and laugh.

I... "got it"

I just would have preferred funny words about a poo poo movie.

(I think they were on to something funny if they'd done the whole ep with those dudes pretending to be them.

Maybe even have the real Mike and Jay come through the door at the last second, and say "what the f-" cut to credits

But whateva.

I didn't thumbs down it... yet.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Who's making these?!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Paladinus posted:

gently caress movies.

I'm, I saw Baby Driver, and allow me to disagree.

gently caress MOST movies, but not all.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

ZombyDog posted:

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who thinks the "Deckard is a Replicant" is retarded, but then I like the theatrical cut cheesy voice overs ( it's the version I owned on VHS for years ) so my opinion is probably null and void.

I think it's stupid also.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

nobody remembers the northern alliance...

Where are your rebel friends now!?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

thoughts and prayers posted:

Haha I'd totally forgotten the name of this awesome piece of trash.

Gender-switched Cherry 2000 and Damnation Alley meets Johnny Mnemonic.

Cherry 2000... goddamn that was an awful film

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

King Vidiot posted:

Oh, I thought they were just surface-level entertaining movies for people who like to be entertained. I guess I was wrong!

You bet your rear end you were wrong. Idiot.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

:chloe:

NbK does suck tho

4real tho

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

counterfeitsaint posted:

You're all poo poo and you all deserve each other.

:3:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Honestly, everyone here needs to SHUT THE gently caress UP and go watch Baby Driver.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Maybe movies are... bad?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Which jurrasuc park movie is worth watching?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

reignofevil posted:

Science is bad tho.

Not according to Jurassic park

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Old Story posted:

I'm going to unload my emotional baggage on the Something Awful GBS RedLetterMedia thread if that's okay with you guys

Do it, pussy

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

a bone to pick posted:

I'm at the theater watching Spider-Man and so far.. uhh... Not very good... Really hoping it gets better. The juvenile high school comedy poo poo mixed with adhd Peter Parker is really getting under my skin.

Lol

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

reignofevil posted:

I have a little Christmas ritual of my own where I think about the movies that are coming out next year and then I try to convince my noose to let me back into his place.

Lol

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Entropic posted:

I kind of want there to be a 2018 remake of the 1984 2001 sequel 2010.

Solve for X

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

bring back old gbs posted:

im going to spoil myself and watch spiderman and valiernian. it will cost me close to $100 when it is all said and done

Liquor isn't cheap

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

naem posted:

the world is a vanmpire

Sent to draaiiaaiiaaaan

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Well that's pretty much Baby Driver.

It'd be stupid to call it contrived because that's the whole point but it's definitely a film of zero substance.

And yet...

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

I get so happy the few times a big name leading man who's aging is actually paired with a love interest close to his age. There's so many very attractive 40+ year old actresses out there, do we really need another 50 year old leading man who just has to be paired with another 20-something actress who probably won't be getting work in 5-10 years because she'll be considered past her prime while he'll constantly be paired with 20-somethings for the rest of his career?

What's the most egregious example of this?

I'm thinking of Sean Connery and Catherine zeta Jones in Entrapment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

oohhboy posted:

Even if there are raising young stars they get thrown into the YA novel meat grinder which kills their career at the end of whatever imaginary trilogy just from the stink alone. Those that do make it out get zero respect.

Um, excuse me, but I would have sex with Jennifer Lawrence.

• Locked thread