Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
When that bald guy is in a video I don't watch because I hate him. I like the fat guy, the fatter guy and the troll boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Glad it finally arrived. Disappointed that it was so long and meandering and really not about TFA. I didn't expect a huge diss on TFA, though. Also, no pizza rolls.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Krinkle posted:

Look at this sucker who doesn't sit through the credits.

gently caress. I hit stop and ran to the bathroom. I sent my info, hope I get those pizza rolls soon.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
After the long boring segment on ring theory I thought he would a Jar Jar Sith Lord bit but it never happened. Probably because it's an actual fascinating theory.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

priznat posted:

What are some other good youtube folks for quality movie reviews or deep dives on technical or story detail that folks here like? I really like Every Frame a Painting but other than that I haven't found much.

I used to watch Mr Sunday Movies but it is too nerd culture for me (plus the lootcrate stuff). The RLM video that satirized the "59 things in the rogue one trailer that YOU missed" type of video seemed to be targeting that one directly.

Nerdwriter is pretty good. Filmaker IQ is technical stuff, rarely updated, but very well done.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Does anyone else wish they would change it up every so often and review good films rather than nerd schlock? In their year in review wrap-ups they will usually mention real movies and it's obvious they watch other stuff, too.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

WampaLord posted:

Nah, gushing over good films gets pretty boring, but also that's what an occasional Re:view is for.

They already gush over about 1/4 of the schlock they see, anyway.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The Matrix films would have been better if Neo died in the first five minutes.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Are you bitching about Call Me Maybe? It was a good pop song. There really isn't any argument about this.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
E:

Kinda surprised they liked La La Land. At least the ending which was the worst part. I mean, there was so much in that film to tear down.

The two leads singing was usually bad with a few okay moments. Their dancing was slow and showed that they weren't dancers. At least Gosling could play piano which was cool.

But that ending was totally undeserved. If you are going to build towards dramatic moments, you need to earn them. They didn't. They just slapped on a nonsensical ending with the hope that it would be emotional. Apparently, it worked for a lot of people, but it made a good movie bad in my eyes.

It's funny. I was really enjoying the film, in spite of its flaws, until the end. Then I was just confused as to why they'd pull sad a stupid swerve. And then every day after I found myself liking the film even less. Now I am at a point where I just don't like the film at all.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 22, 2017

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

oohhboy posted:

Anybody excited to see ANY Resident Evil movie?

Oh yeah, totally.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ScrubLeague posted:

La La Land is a very good film and I loving hated it because I think I have become intolerant toward getting jerked around in movies. The way they shift from real-world colors to bright-rear end primary colors when the songs kick up is fuckin great though. Like everything about that movie is so good, I just don't gently caress with emotional manipulation anymore.

Especially if they don't actually earn those emotions. If it is manipulative and nonsensical it takes a bit away from the movie. It was well made but...yeah. Another major problem is that it is a musical that has no catchy numbers. They might be fun in the moment, but if you don't leave the theater with at least one song in your head, the musical has failed as a musical.

Take the music out of the film. Take the dancing out of the film. Fill those segments in with more plot and you have a better film. Especially that idiotic ending. For that to pay off, it needs a couple scenes that will finish that arc. Just ending an arc with no beginning is not fair to the audience.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I always see the Jedi in Return of the Jedi as a lovely film that shows that Lucas had decided that making childrens toys was more important than making a good movie.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Paladinus posted:

*in an extremely Disney executive voice*
Yes, a fantastic idea. So in a thousand years they have, like a whole galaxy of death stars? A death galaxy? And someone clones Darth Vader, right? This poo poo just writes itself. You're a genius, man!

Same exec: I wonder what other ways we can poo poo on Walts legacy?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
One Punch Man is actually fantastic. But it's basically an anime spoof of anime.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Movie 43 had some laughs in it. It was unfairly panned. Better than most Mike Myers and Adam Sandler films, anyway.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Krinkle posted:

Was any of this made up? Because he breaks at the 9/11 footage thing at the end which makes me think that at least was fake. So, without seeing this movie, what is true? Was the fat lady taco joke real?

Some is real, much is fake. The movie as a whole is bad. But some of the scenes are funny enough to justify watching the whole thing. It is very much SA style humor.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Rich breaking character over the Rey figure is the best thing I've ever seen.

:same:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Tums festival might be my favorite thing I've ever seen on this show.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What's up with these new guys? I just barely finally got used to Jack.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ok. Is this a RLM joke or a SA joke? Whatever.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I sort of want to see a RLM film. In what order should I view the 5, assuming I can find copies.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Les Claypool used to introduce the band by saying "hi, we're primus and we suck."

And it grew from that.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Vaguido posted:

Space Cop was bad but it was an excuse to give RLM some money for all of the entertainment they've given me that didn't require making a patreon account.

Which is why I was asking about their films.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

WampaLord posted:

I'd prefer to give them Patreon money so they don't get the wrong idea that I want them making more films. I want them making more Wheel of the Worst.

This is a good point.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
If that theory about Jar Jar being the sith lord actually were true the prequels would still be bad. But at least they would be slightly interesting.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is there a compilation of the story segments from HITB episodes anywhere?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Why is Jay so short?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Some of you guys want to gently caress Jay. Did you want to gently caress him when he was a fat guy with bad teeth who looked like a little troll?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

a bone to pick posted:

I watched Despicable Me last night and I thought it was really good, I've also seen the Minions movie which caused me to abandon all hope for the future of the human race.

The first movie is a really good. The third isn't.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
DM is a story of a super villain who becomes a father and learns to love his family. It's a great flick.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I wish RLM would review some animated stuff rather than constant bad superhero movies. I don't think they have ever done a Pixar film. True, Pixar has gone off the rails but whatever. They could have done Kubo. That was great.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcAsad-E9CQ

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
How does one develop a laugh like that? You'd think he would have had it ridiculed out of him before he finished grade school.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Who can hit higher notes? Mariah Carey or Rich Evans?
Speaking of that, who has greater range? Mariah or Rich?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Zzulu posted:

I drink piss every day and I haven't gotten sick

I can verify this. It's my piss.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I don't think it was pee. I think they wanted it to be pee. But then they had to act like they were disgusted. But in reality they were very turned on.

It looked like dirty fuckwater to me.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

It's pretty rude to imply Germans are into gross fetish stuff.

Why do you think there's pee in this nice movie about naked karate nazis raping teens and eating sawed off dicks in exploding toilets?

I thought this was a Latin language film. Not sure if it was mexico or spain or some other place, though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
3 weeks since last HAB. Gotta be one tonight, right? The Dark POS seems right up their alley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Literally 1 minute after it was released. Good job.

• Locked thread