Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

AEMINAL posted:

these threads are so creepy and obsessive hth

Most of the creepy poo poo is ironic. We're just joking around, dog. Relax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

CharlesM posted:

I haven't heard him say much in the episodes I've seen. I haven't seen whatever the juicy Shaq meat thing is though.

That's when people went from being apathetic about him to actively hating him.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Though you should watch the whole thing. To be clear.

Also, you should watch every BotW you haven't seen because why wouldn't you?

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

I just rewatched this so I'm posting it here because it is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aomqbq5eIB0

edit: lol my new name

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

This was a glass plaque from Patreon congratulating them on 1000 patrons, btw.

And the second part is hinting that the Plinkett review is coming out this weekend.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

back to school shotgun posted:

I missed this livestream announcing Jessi's return and hinting at Plinkett and whatever else. Do they archive these at all? I'm assuming this is different from the Previously Recorded streams that get uploaded?

You were trolled.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Demolition Man is the third greatest movie of all time, just behind Total Recall and Predator.

Personally I'd put The Fifth Element in the third spot, but I like the way you think.

Also, Jay's hair was cut too short in the new HitB, making him less attractive than usual. I will probably only watch this episode twice.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

The Total Recall remake was a particularly egregious example of a bland and unnecessary remake. Why would you take a movie with as much personality as Total Recall and remove everything that made it memorable? Some remakes appear to understand the source material but just aren't able to recreate that magic but this was a case where the people making it had apparently no idea what made the original great.

I'm sure this will happen with The Fifth Element too. Since it's notable for it's aesthetic, the remake will naturally be as dull and grey and grim as possible.

(I know I'm not saying anything new here but I was just reminded of that stupid TR remake and how wrongheaded it was).

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

The HitB for that last Spiderman movie was good because of how much they hated it.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Buschmaki posted:

Why did you guys warch all the spiderman movies you hate? I only saw 1 and played the spiderman 2 videogame on ps2

The only enjoyment I get out of super hero movies of any kind at this point is through RLM's review because no way in hell am I gonna be conned into seeing those stupid things anymore.

Except Guardians 2. I'll probably see that.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Veskit posted:

I might check out Doctor Strange. I begrudgingly see marvel movies and end up enjoying them so gently caress it why not.
Oh yeah, Dr. Strange looked kinda interesting too.

Most of the Marvel movies I've seen have been enjoyable but I'm sick of the whole style at this point. I fell asleep twice during the second Avengers even though what I saw of it was fun because, like, who could possibly give a poo poo about any of the stuff happening on the screen right now?

Libelous Slander posted:

i don't believe you
No, really. I haven't seen any since Age of Ultron and that was only because Fury Road was sold out.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

He's right.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

a bone to pick posted:

No actually, it seems like majority of people who watch these movies, whether they are a fan of the comics or not, really enjoy them. It only seems that really anal, un-humorous people dislike them, hth.

Or we're just sick of them because they're just empty pointless popcorn movies and there are only so many times we can get excited about a blue laser shooting into the sky?

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

People with no sense of humor, such as the people posting in the thread devoted to comedy movie reviewers RedLetterMedia (who are also pretty sick of this poo poo, incidentally).

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

I agree with that though. They're enjoyable but I'm just real tired of them. A lot of people feel that way.

edit: perhaps you are confusing me with the dude who is saying they're terrible movies and everyone who likes them is stupid?

HoAssHo fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Oct 12, 2016

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

If only there were other movies you could watch
I was just saying why I personally don't care to see them anymore. Why is this so upsetting to some of you?

CharlestonJew posted:

nah but don't you get it he sees posters of them sometimes when he walks by the movie theatre THEY'RE EVERYWHERE THERE'S NO ESCAPE

Again, confusing me with another poster.

I was replying to the guy who said the only people who don't like Marvel movies are humorless jerks and I was just saying actually some of us are just tired of them?

Totally unrelated but, finally saw Neon Demon the other night and it owned. Jay is right about everything always.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Good a time to re-post this as any.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0C_Dnt7k_0

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Baronjutter posted:

Who's this beard guy? He's ok, I guess.

Go watch ever single thing on their channel in chronological order and don't come back until you have.

reignofevil posted:

You and I and everyone else in this thread are the beard guy.

no

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

I get the sense that Josh was Jay's friend first (there's an old music video for Josh's band that Jay directed) and is only a part of the RLM crew because they don't have that many friends willing to be on camera.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Krinkle posted:

It's a shame you dumb babies won't watch a josh episode because I learned about a weird horror movie for kids and the literal last joke was a real cool callback.

Did anyone say they straight up won't watch videos with Josh? I thought the consensus was just mild disappointment when he's in one, not refusal to watch it.

He was totally fine in this one, btw.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

FedEx Mercury posted:

Let's hope the gays will leave us alone now and retreat to E/N.

Since I'm a lady is it okay if I still talk about Jay and how I want to marry him? Note that I've never talked about his cum.

Also:
I'm assuming most people have annotations off, but on that last HitB it said in the beginning something like "we're hacks! We forgot to account for theaters' take of the box office."

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

MrSlam posted:

Hopefully one of the RLM scholars will play Cyrano to your Christian so you can woo his Milwaukee heart

Not necessary since I'm one of the biggest RLM scholars here. Oh, and also, I'm already married.

I'm now depressed.

Zzulu posted:

Marry him? What are you some sort of human being

I want to guzzle his cock in my throat like a pelican swallowing a catfish

I want him to dive into me, his tiny loins hitting my softest, wettest places so hard i get bruises while i suckle on his crooked hosed up teeth

fuckin lol

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

wait your ho rear end ho with a name change right? I have avs off.

Yeah, GBS name change thread.

reignofevil posted:

Look I use RLM as surrogate friendship and sometimes your friends come over and wanna talk about some really dumb poo poo that they just barely learned about on the internet and the polite thing to do is to just let them get it out of their system and get back to what made you friends in the first place.

It's this. And it's fine.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Baronjutter posted:

Is space cop actually funny/worth seeing?

I like it but it sounds like you haven't even watched that many BotW's or anything since you act like you know nothing about any of these people (unless you're just joking in which case I don't get it) so you have a ton of other poo poo of theirs to watch before I would worry about watching their movies.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Weirdo posted:

The outtakes with Mike and Rich breaking character are also worth watching.

The outtake where they just film Rich destroying the space ship set for like 10 minutes is really loving funny too. For some reason I can't quite define.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

That's certainly part of it.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Oh, and while Gorilla Interrupted is their lowest budget, shittiest movie (I think it's a fun watch but it can probably only be appreciated by crazy people who like everything they do) the documentary included with it, "How Not to Make a Movie" is really great and has lots of background on how those guys know each and started working together and how Plinkett came to be and whatnot, so if you're interested in the deep lore of RLM, I definitely recommend that too.

I also own the RLM Archive Collection, Feeding Frenzy, The Recovered and a copy of Oranges: The Revenge of Eggplant that I got on Ebay because it's out of print. AMA (about mental illness).

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

FuturePastNow posted:

There has GOT to be a longer video of this

There is. It shows the entire fight and it's nuts but I don't know how I would even find it again. Search for "some dude who looks like Mike Stoklasa kicks a bunch of rear end," maybe?

edit: lol "mike stoklasa fight" worked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvv-kgq6YWw

HoAssHo fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Nov 19, 2016

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

JB50 posted:

Ill never understand the logic of the 2nd guy.

Hmmm he knocked my buddy out cold, I think Ill go stand in punching range of him.

Holy poo poo this was in the comments:

>"Third Reich" Mike
>"Myklon B" Stoklasa
>Mike "The friend of the family Grave Digger" Stoklasa
>Mike "the Milwaukee Mulatto Murderer" Stoklasa
>Mike "The White Plague" Stoklasa
>Mike "Kill a Kike" Stoklasa
>Mike "Pulling the Trigger on Every friend of the family" Stoklasa
>Mike "The Clip-Tips to Crypts Kid" Stoklasa
>Mike "Going Rambo on Sambo" Stoklasa
>Mike "Impugn the Coon" Stoklasa
>Mike "Minority Deport" Stoklasa
>Mike "The Spook Nuke" Stoklasa
>Mike "Peekaboo, Jiggaboo!" Stoklasa
>Mike "The Quaking Quadroon Quasher" Stoklasa
>Mike "Sambo Saboteur" Stoklasa
>Mike "Eschew the Jew" Stoklasa
>Mike "Ampf" Stoklasa
>Mike "Kebab Shishkebab" Stoklasa
>Mike "Stein Slayer" Stoklasa
>Mike "The Beaner Brainer" Stoklasa
>Mike "The Mudskin Manslaughterer" Stoklasa
>Mike "Purger of Mud" Stoklasa
>Mike "Kill a Kike" Stoklasa
>Mike "Holla at ya Holocaust" Stoklasa
>Mike "The Milwaukee Shrike" Stoklasa
>Mike "One Man Klan" Stoklasa
>Mike "Catch Me If You Klan" Stoklasa
>Mike "The Renegade World Trade Grenade" Stoklasa
>Mike "The Kike Striker" Stoklasa
>Mike "Threw A Rock At A POC" Stoklasa
>Mike "The Mongoloid Murdering Mandiac" Stoklasa
>Mike "White Future, Bright Future" Stoklasa
>Mike "Holoclasa" Stoklasa
>Mike "Kike Krowd Krusher" Stoklasa
>Mike "The Racial Pain Hurricane" Stoklasa
>Mike "The Spic Brick" Stoklasa
>Mike "No Darky Malarky" Stoklasa
>Mike "The Anti-Kike" Stoklasa
>Mike "The Pilot Light" Stoklasa
>Mike "The friend of the family Fright" Stoklasa
>Mike "The KKK-Knight" Stoklasa
>Mike "The White Might" Stoklasa
>Mike "going mental on the oriental" Stoklasa
>Mike "Wham Bam Nuke Vietnam!" Stoklasa

If anyone doesn't know the source of this - it's a 4chan meme originating from Garret Gilchrist's drunken exposé of RLM where he claimed Mike was a racist, Rich was a crackbaby and Jay got too drunk and yelled a girl's name once.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

I love how he talked about how much he hates Jay, but the only gossip he had to drop on him was just an embarrassing story from when Jay was young and didn't know how to hold his liquor or talk to ladies yet - like a lot of guys that age. It wasn't any more embarrassing than Gilchrist's stand-up anyway.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Hi, just dropping in to say that The Witch, The Neon Demon, The Lobster and Jay's Cum are all good.

Alright everybody, have a happy and safe holiday, see you next year, probably.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Yeah, I was like why does this dude look so familiar? You might be right.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

revdrkevind posted:

Jay has a series of "vlog" posts where you just watch a candle burn down. Oh man, the metaphors! (I actually love his weird poo poo, but still.)

Holy poo poo, that was a joke, dude. That WAS the joke.

gently caress.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Like, the screengrabs for the videos are Jay making wacky vlog faces with titles like "did you hear what Taylor Swift said???" and "So I tried the new Burger King Triple Stacker..." and the date is like January 36th and then you click on the video thinking it's gonna be Jay doing a fake vlog, but then it's just a bowl of melting ice and a burning candle on a table.

I don't really know how to explain why that's so funny (to me) but no one could possibly think that it was an attempt at a series of serious short films, right? Right??

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

I thought the joke was that he set up a youtube account that featured dozens of videos that looked like a real vlog, but when you clicked them it was just a candle and some ice.

correct

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Trunko posted:

I know you are a fan of Jay and if you are an attractive woman as I imagine then that is OK but if not........ Welcome to the leapers colony

I'm reasonably attractive. But I don't know what this post means.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

It's probably a good idea for Josh to be the guy that intros the videos rather than a guy who explains the videos when he's on from now on. He was okay in this one because we didn't have to hear him laboriously describe a silly movie about dinosaurs scene by scene.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

I don't know how you get tricked into watching Neon Demon if it's not your kind of thing because it's one of those movies where you should be able to tell right away from like a 10 second clip if it is or not.

(it owns)

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

nawcom posted:

It's true. I remember in an early episode he made a reference to Kurt Russell's The Devils and me not knowing about the name I looked it up and watched it. It's definitely a movie Jay would enjoy.

Here, enjoy the banned "Rape of Christ" scene that was removed in the original release: :nws: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qj_CZ2lgoY

Thank you for making me aware of this.

I legit had no idea how accurate The Nerd Crew was until seeing this guy's other video like this. I don't understand why G4 went under when this poo poo is literally exactly the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Yeah, I remember when I first joined Twitter, I added all these comedians and enjoyed the constant one-liners in my feed - now all those people do is cry about Trump and any jokes they do make is some tired poo poo about what a poopy head he is. Michael Ian Black in particular used to be really funny - I'm a fan from back when The State originally aired - but now he's writing books about Trump and composing angry tweets about politics non-stop which is not what anyone ever wanted from the guy.

• Locked thread