Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
I'm from JJ's fan service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

temple posted:

Starship troopers was really good and probably the first movie that made me realize what a satire is. That and Top Secret!

Top Secret and Airplane have those scene framing gags that are some of the funniest things in cinema because they are so unexpected.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

a bone to pick posted:

The pre-rec episode where Jack exposed Sonic as having flawed gameplay from the beginning of the series was an eye-opener for me.

All their reviews are spot on even if they are terrible at playing games.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

Guy Goodbody posted:

But why? We know that George Lucas did everything on purpose, so why did he include a racist caricature as a major character in Star Wars?

So the racist caricature of Jews wouldn't seem as obvious.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

MrSlam posted:

We haven't even gotten to the Nemoidians

I actually had forgotten about them.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

Fruit Soup Riot posted:

lol if hawaiian pizza isn't the only thing you want inside you more than jay

quotin this

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

Krinkle posted:

What is a woodoo hyde?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVzc20Bm8Xo&t=761s

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

Jesus christ this is terrible.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

monster on a stick posted:

Why would that clip that was supposed to take place at Washington State take place in Vancouver, WA, when WSU is on the opposite side of the state? :psyduck:

Because Pullman loving sucks is why.

Also there is a WSU Vancouver.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

They are very clearly making fun of youtube comments and other lovely youtube reviewers not general audiences.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

ashpanash posted:

Tell that to the fanboys whooping it up when evil ol' dark helmet takes out his red laser dick.

These are the same people who cheered when Yoda pulled out a lightsaber in AOTC.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

Caring enough to get worked up about the story in a multiplayer only FPS, fighting game, or MOBA does in fact make you a bad person.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

Andro Dunos posted:

They should have brought up the score by Basil Poledouris (RIP). It's one of the best things about the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk

Also Jay needs to switch shampoos because he can't stop scratching his scalp.

That really drives home the fact he also did RoboCop.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

counterfeitsaint posted:

I thought all the Mike is Dead stuff was boring and not funny, but I was genuinely shaken to my very core to see Mike drinking water. Something is clearly very, very wrong.

Maybe he's doing what my old English teacher would do and put vodka in the water bottle.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

Stop paying for 3D movies you hacks.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

The Hobbit movies aren't even close to the shittiness of the Star Wars prequels.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

Jonas Albrecht posted:

You know what? That's honestly my take too. Ghost in the Shell was an animated masterpiece. It's beautiful (the original, not the shitted up 2.0). Making a live action version, especially one that looks as bland as this movie, seems so goddamn pointless.

EDIT: I'm probably the stupidest person in this thread. Probably.

That's a pretty good impression of someone who doesn't realize all anime is garbage. Good job.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

Paladinus posted:

Lol. He got it right.

Pffft those are C cups at best.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

She's the daughter of Manny Bothans.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I hope the Nerd Crew keeps adding more and more poo poo toys until they eventually get covered up to their heads in it.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

If you listen to their ROTJ commentary track there is definitely some contempt for a good chunk of the movie.

You also learn in their Alien commentary that Jay and Mike think Aliens is overrated. They're right

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

vermin posted:

I'm having trouble imagining what that C-3PO sounds like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1F0fx-rKDk

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

i know people like jays hipster look now but this was the sharpest looking jay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbWTthXfdBc&t=541s

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

Space Taxi posted:

Rich Evans is a walking gimmick.

That's a lie and you know it.

Rich can't walk anywhere.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

Part time.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

Wisconsin isn't even in the top 10 fattest states but yes drunk driving is the state pastime there.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

Matt Damon justifying his actions to himself and then getting blown up mid sentence is a great scene.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

Josh sucks but you can tell from everyone's interactions that they're still friends as opposed to the Best of the Worst with Max Landis where Rich looks like he can barely contain strangling Max anytime he opens his mouth.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

vermin posted:

I hope they do something on Blade Runner again soon because

I have questions about Replicants...
:goonsay:

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

License to kill is loving abysmal.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

The Matrix is similar to Aliens in that a lot of them seem like not a big deal now for first time viewers because they've been so influential and copied in action films which came after. Bullet time is generally groan worthy now but in 1999 it was loving amazing.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

smh if you don't follow J on snapchat

I follow him on Grindr.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

Logan is not a typical super hero movie and its pretty good.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

Blue Star posted:

Maybe Logan is loving awesome but i'll never know because i dont give a poo poo.

It has titties.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I went and saw Alien with my coworkers and now I just feel insulted.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

If you're going to poo poo on Mel Brooks for whatever reason, the easy target is RH: Men in Tights. It's largely based on one very specific film most people now haven't seen or barely remember.

Young Frankenstein and Spaceballs will always work because Star Wars and Frankenstein are just common knowledge. You know those movies without having to see them.

Blazing Saddles, The Producers, and High Anxiety work flawlessly without any knowledge of where they came from, and only get better the more knowledgeable of their origins you are.

And you'd have to literally be the dumbest person living the farthest under a rock to not get History of the World.

Dracula Dead and Loving It is so much worse than Men in Tights.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I watched Total Recall at a church sleepover when I was 10.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

AC was frustrating in how stupid it was.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

lol i can see michael j anderson through that vid

Oh good it's not just me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

Baronjutter posted:

It's weird, I showed one big nerd who had a lot of criticisms about R1 their R1 video and he got really defensive straight away. "Why are they making fun of people for liking starwars or knowing what an AT-AT is??? Wow this is really insulting to any starwars fan. What, a starwars movie can't use any of the same ships or vehicles or these assholes will call it pandering??" he felt personally attacked by the video. He ended it by saying that he didnt really like R1 but he's going to love it now just to piss off these cynical assholes.

I do think they were being too cynical with it having similar vehicles to the OT. I dont give a poo poo about any of that.

Now having Darth Vader show up for no reason just so he can swing his light saber around deserves mocking.

• Locked thread