Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Ratjaculation posted:

Someone has never tried changing a train ticket in the UK, basically imagine it'll probably 3 times the original cost again.

That is pretty lovely though. Admittedly the bride/whoever could have made a mistake with the info, and you don't want to confront her about it too much on her day - but the boyfriend is a dick.

Solution: Open the relationship

and have a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Dienes posted:

and have someone else's kid.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I wouldn't be surprised if she actually was invited but the bitch bride solved the chair problem with WELL YOU'RE NOT INVITED STOP RUINING EVERYTHING

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Later on in the thread, OP brings this up when asked if her spineless boyfriend previously dated the bride or her sister or something:

quote:

Funny you say that. The maid of honour is his ex. Although we were not aware until we saw her name in the wedding booklet at the ceremony that she would even be there. However there is a lot of bad blood between them, if she was going to intervene to remove anybody, it would have been him.

It's very likely that the maid of honor and possibly the bride too conspired to screw with OP out of spite. How weird everyone was about the whole situation makes more sense now!

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Situations like that wedding are the perfect time and place for a quick yank on a fire alarm pullstation as you leave the building, I mean come on... it's even raining outside!!

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Are my cousin [25/M] and his girlfriend [20/F] trying to ask me [19/M] to have a threesome?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Tears In A Vial posted:

Are my cousin [25/M] and his girlfriend [20/F] trying to ask me [19/M] to have a threesome?

Maybe? it's hard to tell

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
That guy was almost certainly getting hosed with in that wedding story, but after he failed to stick up for his girlfriend, stayed while she walked out in the rain, and didn't answer her text when she was leaving on a train I'm pretty sure she should break up with him for being a garbage person. I'm not a big fan of confrontation but if something like that happened to me I'd leave with my girlfriend and call the bank to cancel my check if I gave the couple their wedding present already. My friends aren't shitheads with weird tiered weddings and vindictive drama though, so it hasn't come up

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

My girlfriend [26F] is horrible at kissing and I dont know what else to do

Hey reddit as the title suggest my girlfriend is absolutely horrid at kissing/making out and it is a HUGE turn off. I've tried suggesting things, positive reinforcement and even gave her youtube videos to watch but to no avail. Its gotten to the point where she gets upset and cries when I try to mention it. I really dont know what else to do and I dont wanna keep pretending its okay when its not. Please help!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Tears In A Vial posted:

My girlfriend [26F] is horrible at kissing and I dont know what else to do

Hey reddit as the title suggest my girlfriend is absolutely horrid at kissing/making out and it is a HUGE turn off. I've tried suggesting things, positive reinforcement and even gave her youtube videos to watch but to no avail. Its gotten to the point where she gets upset and cries when I try to mention it. I really dont know what else to do and I dont wanna keep pretending its okay when its not. Please help!

Girlfriend is a drunk dog when it comes to smooches, REdiit please help

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Bad kissing is one of those things that I don't think you can fix in a relationship, the best you can hope for is that they fix it when you break up with them but at that point who cares. As far as I know my ex is still out there batting tongues around like kissing is a battle

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Pvt.Scott posted:

Girl [F84] I [14M] started seeing says she never uses protection and is not on both control. Is this a red flag?

her birth control is her womb shutting down before his parents even got together.

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

How hard is it to understand that kids are not tiny adults that always respond rationally? Great parents can have great kids that still act up sometimes. I'd be concerned if my kids didn't.

For any goon parents out there, this reminds me of a fantastic trick I learned the other day. If your small child is acting up in a social situation where you need them to shut the hell up RIGHT NOW but they've worked themselves up, you can tell them "You seem upset. I wouldn't laugh if you're that upset. You better not laugh! Only happy people laugh!" and it'll snap them out of their tantrum because they'll try and fail to not laugh.

There is a very big difference to a well disciplined kid and a kid that just does whatever the gently caress cause their parents don't care. Like, when your kid starts acting out, you are going to tell them to stop. You aren't gunna let them annoy the poo poo out of everyone else in the area. There are a lot of lovely parents who do. These are the same people who say poo poo like "oh but you get paid to do it" when their kid makes a huge mess because they didn't stop them doing it.

A good parent will see their kid acting out and not expect the rest of the world to be babysitters. Working in hospitality, my favourite is parents who treat my work like a daycare and us as carers and are completely unapologetic.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Dec 11, 2016

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Phrasing!

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

underage at the vape shop posted:

her birth control is her womb shutting down before his parents even got together.

There is a very big difference to a well disciplined kid and a kid that just does whatever the gently caress cause their parents don't care. Like, when your kid starts acting out, you are going to tell them to stop. You aren't gunna let them annoy the poo poo out of everyone else in the area. There are a lot of lovely parents who do. These are the same people who say poo poo like "oh but you get paid to do it" when their kid makes a huge mess because they didn't stop them doing it.

A good parent will see their kid acting out and not expect the rest of the world to be babysitters. Working in hospitality, my favourite is parents who treat my work like a daycare and us as carers and are completely unapologetic.

And this is why the staff likes it when I come in with my Service Dog. They know that there's one person in the place who won't hassle them!

That bride sounds like a bitch on wheels. A classy bride would have found her another chair. That the guy didn't leave tells me that he doesn't value his girlfriend as highly as he did being at that party. I sincerely hope she set his junk on fire.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.
I was a master of ceremony at a tiered wedding, close friends and family came to the small ceremony, more guests came to the reception and stayed for dinner, and they invited loads of people to the party.
It was fine even though some people misunderstood the invitation and showed up earlier than expected, we just went with it and arranged more seating without mentioning it because they're your guests and that's tacky as hell.

If the location and budget allow for it, it would definitely be easier to just invite everyone to the whole thing but this couple really wanted to have everyone there at the party and compromised on the other events. Regardless, even if your wedding is a logistical nightmare it's insanely rude to just turn people away. I wonder if the boyfriend knew OP wasn't welcome and that's why he kept his mouth shut, it's hard to believe anyone would let their gf walk out into the rain without even trying to intervene. Dump his rear end.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

quote:

My [17F] brother [25M] is uninviting my brother [15M] to his wedding because my brother is dating a girl who looks goth. My parents are telling me to fix the relationship

I want to state off by saying this girl is not goth, she just likes the color black. My brother and sister 14F have backed up this claim anyway. I am sorry if this comes off as messy, I am home sick from school and I am kinda tired.

A little about my brother, he is Catholic. He met his wife and she is a very religious person. Her house could pass for a mini cathedral it has that many religious equipment in there. So my brother has taking up religion and we are a family that is indifferent to god/religion. We don't hate it, we don't love it, it's just a thing that is there that we don't really care about. My brother is the only one who is religious and he is getting married to this girl.

This change in attitude really happened when he move to California and then came back to Michigan.

My little brother Silver is dating this girl Susan. Susan is really pretty girl and she is lovely. My sister and I love her, she looks after our brother. My brother Josh (25M) and his wife (24F) are convinced she is goth. When they met her she said black lip stick and she was wearing black clothes.

My brother and his wife think that goth goes against god. Despite us telling them she is not goth they think we are protecting our little brother. They think those who date a goth is going against god, again she is not goth. He has uninvited him to the wedding.

My little sister [14F] is standing by his side and saying if he does not go, she's not going. Susan and my little sister and brother are going out on the day of the wedding. My parents are telling me to fix this and I don't know how too.

tl;dr: Brother has lost it and is not inviting brother to wedding

What in the hell makes her parents think this is her problem

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
They must be insanely Christian/Catholic/Muslim/Mormon/any major organized religion

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Skratte posted:

Why are her parents going along with this???? Her brother's a kid in high school and is dating what seems to be a nice girl. I am so confused.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

why was there a breakfast after a wedding ceremony.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

What does the brother's wife think a goth is exactly

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Groovelord Neato posted:

I was at a wedding in the English countryside a couple summers ago and all the guests stayed overnight at the venue and they served a (traditional and awful) English breakfast the next morning.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

InvisibleMonkey posted:

I was a master of ceremony at a tiered wedding, close friends and family came to the small ceremony, more guests came to the reception and stayed for dinner, and they invited loads of people to the party.
It was fine even though some people misunderstood the invitation and showed up earlier than expected, we just went with it and arranged more seating without mentioning it because they're your guests and that's tacky as hell.

If the location and budget allow for it, it would definitely be easier to just invite everyone to the whole thing but this couple really wanted to have everyone there at the party and compromised on the other events. Regardless, even if your wedding is a logistical nightmare it's insanely rude to just turn people away. I wonder if the boyfriend knew OP wasn't welcome and that's why he kept his mouth shut, it's hard to believe anyone would let their gf walk out into the rain without even trying to intervene. Dump his rear end.

You're making it sound like you should always account for the unexpected when planning large events. Surely you can't mean such a thing, can you?

underage at the vape shop posted:

I agree there is a difference. My point is that I don't think a lot of r/childfree sees that difference.

I work in golf and while it's rare, people do bring their kids with them and sometimes the kids act up enough that I have to threaten to kick them out because their "playing" may be hundreds if not thousands in damages. Usually it's annoying but the one situation that truly pissed me off wasn't even customers. I was leaving for the night and saw kids playing soccer on a green. Turns out one of the residents sent their kids across the street to the green while they watched from their porch.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Chad, stop acting up in the pro shop or you won't be going to the hamptons with Brett and his family next summer

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Chad, stop acting up in the pro shop or you won't be going to the hamptons with Brett and his family next summer

Replace hamptons with "Holiday Inn by the Tulsa aiport" and yeah

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Groovelord Neato posted:

Serious reply: it's what some places call the first meal as a married couple, so the dinner.

Normal reply: Who doesn't like Corn flakes?

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

quote:

I [38F] gave birth to my daughter 3 weeks ago. My husband [40M] has been playing with the boys [16M&17M] and has been paying [13M] to help me look after the baby.Non-Romantic

submitted 19 hours ago by fhftudsalc

Hello /r/relationships. Thank you for taking the time to read.

I gave birth three weeks ago to my daughter. My son, Ben has been the biggest help I could ask for. He's been getting anything I need, has been carrying her when she cries. Basically just coming around to see when something is wrong. Ben has also been cleaning the house which is something I normally do. My husband has been MIA and it's been the cause of many arguments. He keeps telling me he's bonding with his boys. He's gone everyday after school playing with the boys and he's taken them to the park to play football today.

Ben does not play football he plays baseball and he's drat good at it. He is a really, really fast pitcher. My husband and Ben never really had much in common if I think about it. He's never liked Football or UFC while my husband and other sons have. So Ben never really gets invited out to these things and if I ask for him to go he never really enjoys it. That as well has been the source of many arguments.

Ben asked me if he could have the $400 he said I owed him. I laughed at first and I told him ans told him in his dreams. He stormed off saying it's not fair he said he would pay me. I asked him what he was talking about. He told me my husband said he would pay him if he filled in for him. Ben said he was happy to help but he wanted money.

I sent my husband a text saying

"Really? You said, Ben to do the things a husband is meant to do? What are you 5? Get home now."

Him: " Stop being a salty cucumber, you're overreacting. I'll help you tomorrow."

I really am over this.

TL;DR: I am over my husband. He paid our son to look after myself and the baby, while he took our two older sons out to have fun. This has been an ongoing issues.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Helsing posted:

Ben said he was happy to help but he wanted money.

Stone cold.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Sounds like dad wanted another son

Are the other three from a previous marriage? I imagine that would hurt, kid is all helpful and caring then turns around and wants to be paid. Takes he magic away for sure

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Salty cucumber

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Skratte posted:

Isn't all Gothic poo poo Catholic, anyway?

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

My non UFC son must toil with the womenfolk.

quote:

Me [17 F] a boy who was crushing on me [18? M] just killed himeslf, and everyone is blaming me
Now I'm really not sure what to do, I feel horrible and everyone is making me feel horrible.
This guy since freshmen year, we're seniors now, has been head over heels in love with me, but I really never felt the same way and made sure he knew. He always asked me out, talked to me, walked with me in the halls, asked me to every dance, and really wouldn't stop. I always said no.
Everyone of course knew because it was so obvious. He even asked me to homecoming two years ago in front of everyone at lunch with posters and music and balloons and everything and made me so uncomfortable, I said no and he started crying, I guess it was sweet in theory but that's really how crazy it got.
Recently I started dating someone else, my first official boyfriend actually, he's great, and when he found out it got really downhill. He'd harass him in the halls and call me a whore and everything, so I just told my counselor with my boyfriend there and I hoped she would take care of it and it would finally stop.
I guess my wish came true because he killed himself last night. I don't want to know how but everyone says it's because of me. I feel horrible and not sure what to do. I feel like I could've stopped it. I don't want to go to school on Monday at all if the texts I've been getting are going to be said to me in person. The only person on my side has been my boyfriend but I'm scared that will change. Can anyone give me some advice on this?
tl;dr: A guy who has crushed on me forever just ended his life, everyone says it's because of me, and I feel horrible and don't know what to do.

Who the gently caress could blame this person?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

Idiot teenagers.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

What a loving shame. If that idiot had waited a year for college he would have seen how dumb focusing on one other human being with "if you don't love me I'll kill myself" theatrics are; and now she has to deal with this poo poo. At least she's not internalizing this poo poo.

I can't say I don't get it tho, as a kid ill equipped to deal with it, unrequited love was just fuckin' the most torturous thing.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Who wants to bet he was found with his dick in hand

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I have so so many questions about it. I wonder if when she says she made sure to let him know she wasn't interested what that meant. Politely but firmly? Laughing in his face when he asked her out? Could there have been other people telling him to kill himself, that he was ugly etc?
Sucks so loving much that someone that young died that way. High school is poo poo and teens can be incredibly cruel. And that's not even considering what his home life might have been like.
Awful for her too, I hope she's able to get help and people stop blaming her.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

This would make a good romantic comedy.

Seriously though there's a lot missing from that story like how his home life was, his friend situation, etc.

Gaunab fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Dec 11, 2016

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

:lol: the only downside here is this poor girl feeling guilty. Shithead Stalker wasn't going to do anything with his life.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It is not her loving job frankly. she said she wasn't interested, she has no responsibility for him. How would she be able to make him get over her anyway?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I have so so many questions about it. I wonder if when she says she made sure to let him know she wasn't interested what that meant.

No. There is literally no way she could reject him that wouldn't end up with her being blamed.

If she does it in a nice way, she should have been harsher so he would have taken it seriously and not held out hope.
If she does it in a bitchy way, she should have been nicer so she didn't hurt his feelings so much.

Pick posted:

It is not her loving job frankly. she said she wasn't interested, she has no responsibility for him. How would she be able to make him get over her anyway?

This, basically. Her only obligation was to say no, which she did, a LOT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Dienes posted:

No. There is literally no way she could reject him that wouldn't end up with her being blamed.

If she does it in a nice way, she should have been harsher so he would have taken it seriously and not held out hope.
If she does it in a bitchy way, she should have been nicer so she didn't hurt his feelings so much.

This, basically. Her only obligation was to say no, which she did, a LOT.

Oh definitely there's no accountability on her end at all and it's pretty sick that people are telling her there is.
Just as someone who was bullied and is a former bully I'm always interested in stories like these since there's always many moving parts.
What a horrible thing all around :smith: