Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Gaunab posted:

Mentioned running over black protesters if they got in his way on the interstate.

Gaunab posted:

Roommate might be racist.

This is a hard one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Gaunab posted:

Things are going better now although there was one hiccup of him getting turned on during the therapist's meeting and later admitting in private that he was playing with himself in the bathroom (apparently when the two of us were discussing how he was being selfish it set him off?). I was too confused to know what to say, but shaming him for having sexual desires doesn't seem right either. I don't know if I want to bring this up in our next session.

:therapy:

Libelous Slander posted:

what a bad therapist

I dunno, seems pretty reasonable to me. I don't think the sex therapist, of all people, would be the one to tell him to cut it out.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

What's up with friends/family of these people always saying it's an overreaction on their part?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

mind the walrus posted:

I've met a lot of people for whom rocking the boat is way worse than letting one person (who happens to not be them) suffer immensely.

I see. I guess it also makes sense to think that they don't want to be blamed for when/if the person they are giving advice to actually breaks up.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

LethalGeek posted:

I asked him why and tried to get him to explain himself and he told me that my going away was to see "another man" a deal-breaker, that he'd been in this type of situation before and wasn't going to go through it again. I asked him if this was an ultimatum - I hate ultimatums, they are tools of abusers - and he said "No, its not an ultimatum. I've decided to break up with you. I have not presented you with any options. I just came to say goodbye."

Stone cold. :drat:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Bonzo posted:

This is a difficult question to ask because I (35m) may be the bad guy. But I am utterly not attracted to my wife (34f) of 10 years (19 years together) because of her weight and the attitude that got her there. Is it time to split the family?

What are you getting at Wendy's that cost $12 when you only spend $6 at McDonald's ?

They need to have that router checked up.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Hahaha I cannot imagine using that kind of cutesy language. Kissy wissy? It must feel like texting a weird aunt, or perhaps a particularly gross uncle

The cutesy language is the worse of the two, but when she says her womb/vagina is sad/cringing it's also really bad.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Pick posted:

You think this is bad, try dating them!

Gaunab posted:

3) Don't talk about how cool your relationships or sex life is; no one cares.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Years ago, I sent my girlfriend at the time a "texty text" as a How I Met Your Mother reference, and she responded with a similar vagina clamming up comment. It did kill any desire I had to be cutesy, that's for sure.

Gotcha. I just felt a bit weirded out because she wrote that three times in that post when once was enough to get the point across.

Bonzo posted:

Religion, Irrational anger, treating people like possessions, this one has it all.

I (24m) found out my gf (24f) of one year had lied to me about being a virgin. We're both Catholic. She insulted me badly and I got angry. What should I do next?

Both are terrible people :sever:

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Oct 3, 2016

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

loquacius posted:

I guess if you're into that it's probably ok

Waiting until marriage is in fact a horrible idea based on antiquated ideas with no place in 2016 society, but telling someone they probably have a small dick and are probably bad at sex anyway doesn't really seem like a great way to talk yourself into their pants

y'know strategically speaking

its called negging bro

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

jesus

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Nazzadan posted:

poo poo I don't remember if I posted any of these in the last thread.

Tl;dr my boyfriend likes to poop around me or be around me when I poop and I hate it.

Lock the door how is this hard?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Khorne posted:

She wants him to take the initiative and has done everything short of suspending herself from the tent ceiling with her legs spread for him to accidentally walk his dick into her.

worked out pretty well for her

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

Oh man I like this boy how can I get his attention???

Maybe I could say "hey I like you" to him? No way that's crazy!!! Better just go to town masturbating in the tent, that'll do it.

Masturbating in the tent is somehow more acceptable than just saying that because of the patriarchy

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

pete and eagle guy owns

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Pick posted:

I want to know where these incredible men are whose only flaw is that they listen to a singer I don't really like. If this is the only thing I have to compromise on in a relationship, well, I guess I'll take that bullet.

:confused:

How did you read that the guy was incredible in that post?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

pick, they are joking

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Tom Gorman posted:

i crafted my engagement rings out of rebar and we had our wedding at the town dump. at the end we gathered 2 truckloads of recyclables and came out with a slick net profit in the end. also I found a pair of doc martens that fit.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

It's the most idiotic thing too.

Would anyone sane take advice from people that didn't read the whole thing?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I [30 F] have a medical problem and my husband [36 M] is being unsupportive

quote:

submitted 8 hours ago by witheredwife

I have been to the ER 4 times within the past 2 years due to chest tightness and shortness of breath. On all 4 visits the doctors ruled that it had nothing to do with my heart and may have been caused by anxiety. One doctor noted that I was possibly experiencing vasculitis.

I don't get chest tightness that often but I do get shortness of breath whem I'm sedentary. This condition is really angering my husband. He says he feels like he has a defective wife and he tells me the shortness of breath is all I'm my head.

We got into a fight just now because I can't go to bed. I can't sleep because as soon as I start to doze off I gasp for air and start to feel tingling. He doesn't believe me and tells me it's all in my head again.

I'm really upset and feel alone because I feel like he could be more supportive of me. I don't know what's wrong with me and why I feel shortness of breath.

I'm wondering if this is a red flag in our marriage or if I'm just overreacting and he is actually right about all this being in my head.

TLDR: There are several times where I would get shortness of breath and it's really irritating my husband. I feel like he could be more supportive and am wondering if his behavior is actually a red flag.

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Oct 6, 2016

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Husband [30m] wants to split joint account

quote:

Husband and I [27F] have been married for 2 years and we have had a joint account from the beginning. He contributes a lot more, but I do most of the household chores. Anyways, I recently bought a pair of running earphones but I have been using his regular kinds occasionally to commute. He wanted to use it today but I had already left with them. He now claims that I am irresponsible with money because I buy things (running earphones) and not use them. I only use them for running and I haven't had a chance to run much because of the rain. Aside from that I never spend for myself and really only use money for groceries. But now he wants me to open my own account and have our finances split in half. He said that I am wasting his money when I make less than him. On top of that, he wants me to pay him back for the tuition we paid from the joint account. I just don't think it's fair. And if we split finances, it just feels like we're not a team anymore. He said we're not a team... but that we can still be married and be a couple. What should I do? He said regardless if I consent or not, he's going to split our finances and take the tuition money back.

TL;DR husband wants to split finances and open individual accounts because I do not spend money responsibly.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

if he was showing off his boner to his friend why did he have to get completely naked for it

why wouldn't you get naked to show off your boner?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

quote:

TL;DR - stole my gfs vase, it was her mothers urn. It's now broken

ok scratch what i said about the tldrs this one is pure gold.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

loquacius posted:

*opens jewelry box full of intricate rings, necklaces, bracelets, and earrings, each adorned with a beautiful diamond which seems to glow faintly in the evening gloom* And these are all my other wives. :geno:

e: Say hello to them. They are your sisters now.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Tolkien minority posted:

My [27/f] with my husband [25/m] : he tells me he hates me everyday.

and people are saying men are oblivious

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Pick posted:

Much as the case for the African lion, protecting the family is the one goddamn thing that women expect men to loving do

yeah let me try to punch the poo poo out of two people with guns that will end well

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Glenn Quebec posted:

I would rather stand my ground at the minimum than abandon my son and wife to a gunman.

yeah and then they take your wife and kids hostage instead of just grabbing the TV

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Our [14F&13M] brother [30M] cheated on 5 of his ex fiances/wives. We don't want to go to his wedding to the 6th girl because it's just going to happen again

quote:

Hi Reddit.

My brother and I want to know how to ask our parents if it's OK if we don't go to our brothers wedding. 5 times now he has cheated on his fiance/ex wives and he had admitted this to our family. We are too young to remember the first two wives but we know they exist, our sister [20F] talks about them. We are sick of getting to know our SIL and then having them just leave because our brother cheats.

He's implacable of not sleeping with other woman, it's so loving annoying because then all we hear is poor me. My brother and I would rather stay in Melbourne then go to Sydney for his wedding next week. We don't even understand what is so hard about it, why is it so difficult to not cheat on his wife's. We don't understand, it's not like someone is holding a gun to his head and forcing him to do it.

tl;dr: Don't want to go to brothers wedding, how do we ask our parents if we can stay behind in Melbourne

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

My dad [48M] keeps telling me that I'm too stupid to go to college despite me [19F] having straight A's.

quote:

Okay, I don't know what to do to convince my dad that I'm not too stupid to go to school. I had over 44 credits at the end of my freshman year, currently have straight A's, but he's so loving convinced that I am too stupid to go to college. He ended up telling me I'm stupid so much, I purposely missed the deadlines for my FAFSA form and scholarships because I thought that there was a chance that I just got lucky like he said and that next year I would do terrible. I didn't bother at all signing up for classes. I'm at a loss here because no matter what I do he thinks I'm stupid.

I'm not that stupid. I even made 100 on one of my calc 2 exams last year which helped to counteract some of his self esteem destroying words, but he put me down by telling me that the exam was probably too easy.

tl;dr My dad told me I was too stupid for college and that I took easy classes and lucked out when I made straight A's. I ended up feeling frustrated pleasing him by missing my FAFSA and scholarship deadlines and dropping out.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

WampaLord posted:

:(

Can people stop with depressing ones? This is clearly just an abusive dad.

The brother who is on wife number 6 is a funny and cool one, though.

sorry :(

here's another to make up for it

My (33M) Sis-in-law (41F) is coming to our house because hers is haunted.

quote:

I cross-posted this to the ask Doctors sub.

My sis-in-law has for the past week been experiencing noises, apparitions, and "visitations" during the night. She believes she is seeing ghosts and last night three spirits (up from one) came to her. She is a fully-functioning adult who has never had any behavior like this previously and there's been no big event in her life that might cause a psychological break though she has had depression before. I think that it is more likely she is experiencing hallucinations from carbon monoxide poisoning. I have read online that you can test for CO but I'm not sure for how long after exposure it is detectable; she hasn't slept in nearly three days and is coming to our house (multi-hour drive) for the weekend. What can we do to help? I'm not sure how to tell her "Sis, this may all be in your head let's go to the ER" when she fervently believes ghosts have been afflicting her.

tl;dr: Who you gonna call?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Dial-a-Dog posted:

It sounds like that dad did a really bad job of instilling an inferiority complex early on, and is trying his best to do it now before it's too late

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Leon Einstein posted:

Some of you will believe anything.

no one cares

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

remigious posted:

I've never really had many female friends and I'm not proud of it, in fact it really bums me out. :(

:same: but in general

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

remigious posted:

I'll be your goon friend :)

wanna go out and get some beers? :shobon:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

remigious posted:

Yeah! I'm near Denver.

I'm near São Paulo. :negative:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

When my wife [37F] turns me down for sex, it's fine, but when I [38M] turn her down, it's "abusive". Married 12 years

quote:

Pretty much what the title says. My wife and I don't have sex very often anymore, perhaps 3-4 times a month. I work a very demanding job, she's a stay-at-home mom for our 3 kids. I try to initiate several times a week and get turned down 9 times out of 10. Although it does upset me to be rejected so often, I just say "whatever" and either go to sleep or jerk off (I keep this secret from her because she would flip out and it's not a fight worth having). For the very few times she agrees to have sex, it's always great and she enjoys it very much, as do I.

She sometimes initiates but always seems to do so when I'm either completely drained of energy from work/chores or so totally not in the mood. I've told her many times to not initiate when I'm tired, and that I would gladly welcome her advances on weekends. However she never initiates on the weekends (and turns me down when I do), and only ever makes a move when I'm too tired to move myself or in no mood for sex. When I turn her down, she gets very upset and says things like "this isn't a marriage" or "it's abusive to withhold intimacy".

poo poo like this enrages me because of the disgusting hypocrisy she's showing, and the fact that my wife is selfish when it comes to sex; sex only happens when she wants it. I've tried explaining this hypocrisy to her but she seemingly doesn't understand it, claiming that when she turns down sex, it's because she's too tired/sick/not in the mood (which she considers legitimate excuses), but when I turn down sex, I'm intentionally dismissing her sexual needs.

I'm at my wit's end with this bullshit. She can keep turning me down for the rest of my life and I won't mind, but every time she cries abuse when I turn her down, I feel like punching a hole in the wall. I'm seriously starting to resent my wife and frankly my mind shifts to thoughts of divorce on occasion.

tl;dr: Whenever my wife turns me down, it's fine, I take the L and hope I get lucky next time. When I turn my wife down because I'm too tired/not in the mood, she cries abuse.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I [29F] was helping my friend set up a dating site profile and accidentally found my husband [33M] on there in the "people in your area" section.

quote:

Long story short: I was helping my friend to set up a profile on a dating site for her to find someone new after recovering from a really bad breakup, and I accidentally came across my husband having a profile on there. I'm in shock. We have had our fair share of issues in the past 8 years of marriage and had been attending marriage counselling due to him abusing me in the past, things seemed to be improving between us over the past year or so. In retrospect in the past few weeks there have been some red flags such as him never being home, always being distant from me (he claims this is due to work related issues which I respected and patiently waited to things to improve) and just yesterday he was at the jewellers and a perfume shop with no explanation (he was with a friend so I presumed he was there because his friend was after something). I'm fuming and have a billion thoughts running through my head, I don't know what to do. I know for a fact I want a divorce, but I want him to suffer repercussions for what he has done! I want to go about this in the smartest way possible. I have seen stories over the years of people confronting their cheating partners in clever ways or exposing them and dumping them in clever ways, but my mind is blank right now as I'm that hurt. Please help.

tl;dr: Husband is cheating on me! What to do?!

Bolding mine

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Me [25M] and my girlfriend [25F]. She wants to go back to having protected sex (after years of unprotected) because she has a new job where she'll be out of town 5 days a week.

quote:

Me and my girlfriend Kim been together for 3 years. About 6 months in, we agreed to have unprotected sex from then on. It felt way better plus she was on birth control and we were both clean & exclusive with each other.

Me and Kim met towards the end of college. After we graduated, we moved in together. I had a normal 9-5 job. She has a passion that she pursued (can't say what because it's very specific). She worked odd jobs here and there to pay her half of the bills, but otherwise worked her rear end off to advance in the niche entertainment field that she's very passionate about. She recently got a job with the biggest company in her field. She's over the moon, this has been her goal her entire life.

This job involves being on the road 4 or 5 days a week, working an extremely busy schedule, and being around her coworkers 24/7 when she's working. Again, I can't say what her job is, but she and everyone she'll be working with are all young, really good looking, and in excellent shape. They're gonna be around each other constantly and there's a HUGE hookup culture within the company. One of Kim's friends (who is in the field and aspires to work for that company one day) joked that it's basically one big orgy.

Kim doesn't start working there for another 3 or 4 weeks, but of course it's all she can talk about because she's so excited. Over the weekend she sat me down and said "listen, we need to have a serious conversation. Straight up facts - I'm gonna out of town 5 days a week for the next 2-3 years. I would never cheat on you, and I know you would never cheat on me, but we both need to be smart. You need to start wearing condoms again. Again, I fully intend to be faithful but it's better safe than sorry. STDs are no joke. Plus I don't want an accidental pregnancy."

I was just kind of stunned by this. I don't mind wearing a condom, that's not the problem AT ALL. It's just that after 2 and a half years of trusting each other & not wearing one, she wants me to wear one because she's starting to work at this new job. And again, she's gonna be on the road 5 days a week with guys who are objectively really good looking. I didn't know how to respond to her so we dropped it for the time being but it needs to be addressed. We had sex this morning and I wore a condom to respect her wishes but I feel weird about it because of the implications of this. What do I do/say?

Just want to add that she's the perfect girl and we have NO problems otherwise in our relationship. Couldn't say a single bad thing about her, it's just this one issue.

tl;dr: Girlfriend and I have been exclusive and having unprotected sex for over 2 years. She's starting work at a new job where she'll be out of town 5 days a week and surrounded by really good looking guys in a company that has a serious hookup culture. She says she wants to have only protected sex from now on. Wearing a condom is not the problem, it's the implied "one of us will end up cheating".

is she doing porn?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Bonzo posted:

Porn starts are tested all the time for STDs so its unlikely. But she's definitely planning on getting some strange on this job, whatever it is.

Years ago I casually dated a woman a few towns over and because of jobs, we only saw each other on weekends. It was just casual thing but she was hinting and getting serious. I ignored the hints because I knew that it would never work out and I was fine doing the FWB thing. She was on the pill so we didn't use condoms. I'm pretty sure she knew I was still playing the field and I suspect she was too because she started saying that due to antibiotics, we now had to use condoms. About a month later she broke it off via email saying she met someone else.

:rip: that guy then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

i love how "cultural differences" is a get out of jail free card for the rest of the world to mess with americans