Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Jack Trades posted:

Although to be frank, I have no idea what I would've done if I was in the guy's shoes.

What Would Pete Do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Phyzzle posted:

They just ordered a cake for 2018?

If you're a big enough control freak to pick your fiancee's wedding party without consulting them there's no way you're going to risk the chance that the exact bakery you want might be fully booked the weekend you want, better book 20 months in advance to be on the safe side.

E: I can't remember the last straight wedding that I went to that didn't have mixed-gender attendants on both sides of the wedding party, is her fiancee just trying to be subversive by playing it super traditional?

the holy poopacy fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 12, 2016

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

bone app the teeth posted:

1) Shut the gently caress up - You're too new and dumb still. Anything you say will mostly likely be responding to her words, not her feelz. And will backfire. Stay quiet and just don't make it worse.
2) Give her a hug - Stay quiet! Hugging is giving good feelz. Bear hug that woman when she needs it. It gives her both natural good feelz and the sensation of safety that is inbred in most animals.
3) AM and other sarcastic responses - My life got way better when I started replying to 80% of what my SO said with well-planned sarcasm. She doesn't give a poo poo about your logic (most of the time). Respond by controlling her feelings to what you want!! Think about that. You're using sass instead of debate to switch her feelings/thoughts around. It's more effective and everyone is happier. This is the way to put the brakes on when she's on the highway to negative feelz and swing down the offramp of your choice.
4) rear end smack, random dance, new music... - Anything that jolts her out of the spiral she's in. She doesn't need a solution. She doesn't want to discuss it. She wants to feel something different. This is you holding frame and communicating, "I'm not going to be pulled into your emotional poo poo. I wont allow you to control me." And.. if you're doing it right she'll be thinking, "Thank you for stopping my spiral. I appreciate a man that can cut through the poo poo and get us back on track."

This is why the rear end-hole got the girl. While you were determined to care about and fix her negative feelings (drawing into her frame) ... he was busy not giving a poo poo, being happy, and sucking them into his awesome feelings.
All of this has been said before. Shut the gently caress up. Hold frame. Bat poo poo tests. But hopefully this helps some of you digest the importance in a new way.

Way to stick it to those bitches with rear end in a top hat moves like "being quiet and listening instead of talking", "giving her a hug", and "playfully distracting her from her problems." THAT'LL TEACH THEM :argh:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

mind the walrus posted:

Are there any stories of people in a gaming group working out? Both in real life and online every gaming group I've seen falls apart to teenage bullshit.

Well there is the other ending, where everyone drifts away due to adult commitments.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Serephina posted:

There's a difference between 'guilty pleasure of a hobby' and 'all-consuming non-lifestyle'. Those guys are utter losers and watching ppl defend them is delicious. He's bitter because he's watching a person he cares about regress into worse-than-bad habits and health.

Nobody's defending the anime nerds. The only loser that ppl are defending in this scenario is the 30-year-old still nursing the massive chip on his shoulder he has from high school.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Worldshatter posted:

I fell into that same trap too. When you're like 14-15 and a bunch of tests from the magic science men tell you you're in some top percentile of the population it's easy to start believing in your own superiority. And the only real cure for it is for everyone around you to drop your ego-inflated rear end like the dead weight it is. It absolutely sucks at the time because of course you're just oh so smart and all the normal apes around you will never understand but you come out a better person at the other end.

Most people will get over themselves when they run headfirst into the real world and realize they are not the Nietzschean ubermensch they thought they were. It sounds like the lady in this post has already run into that wall (having failed several courses) and just doubled down to protect her ego. She deserves whatever she has coming.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Nuebot posted:

Will farts cheer you up? Because farts are destroying several relationships.

I am sad that the ages on #1 and #2 don't quite line up. I want to believe :(

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

mind the walrus posted:

That is one of the most suburban :911: stories I have ever read. At that point I would embrace the pariah status, wait til someone really crosses the legal line, take them and the town for all its worth and move the gently caress out.

Burn it down for the insurance money. Greedy rear end in a top hat town loses its cool old house forever, OP gets away clean and can start over in a less toxic town :getin:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Nuebot posted:

Not just "much younger" but she's literally half his age.

And has been in a relationship for at least 3 years, probably at least 4 if not longer. So chances are she was in barely legal territory when they met online.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

HardDiskD posted:

Because she discovered her affair late (as in, almost "ready to pop") in the pregnancy. I think if she had discovered it earlier she would have no problems with it.

It's ok, I have it on good authority that they can rip the baby out of the mother for an abortion during the 9th month, even the day before.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Oh god, I missed the part where she insists that his protein powder is steroids. This is amazing :allears:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

dealbreaker imo

r/timetravel is cheating

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Leon Einstein posted:

There's no way that mom isn't fat.

Guessing the two "normal" kids are also pretty overweight at the very least.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Tolkien minority posted:

My wife [27F] acts more like my mother than my wife. I [27M] am considering divorce, but I don't know if this is fixable or a deal breaker

reddit verdict: op is a stubborn prick for wanting to do crazy things like, drink a beer, eat steak, spend time alone, ride a motorcycle.

It probably would have helped if he wrote the list in reverse order. He buried all the biggest red flags at the bottom, so he does come off a bit childish when he starts out.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Ouch dude :( Time to Pete it up.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Charles Get-Out posted:

Having a male roommate isn't the issue to me, it's the fact that she's being shady about it and preemptively blocked any input the dude might have had. Denial of agency like this or like the dude trashing that other girl's vote is a pretty big red flag to me

"I'm thinking about getting a roommate to help pay the rent. There's an unemployed guy I know from school whose non-income will be so much help paying the rent that I moved him in without consulting with you."

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Chomp8645 posted:

Yeah, if it's an actual debt payment. Like if there is an official debt owed and it's like "I have no cash, I will pay with this sex" or "you owe me, I will take my payment in sex" then that is very weird and also bad.

But a person thinking "wow what a nice thing this person did for me. I like this person. I will initiate the sex on account of these good feelings" then I think that's ok.

Nah, still a little weird. I'm all for liberated views on sex but we're wired to see a lot of emotional and social significance in the act of sex and it's naive to think that no repercussions are going to come out of casual sex with a virgin of all people.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

Sorry I used a psych term cavalierly I guess :shrug:

Content: I (25F) asked my husband (27M) for a divorce in March, he originally agreed. Now he refuses and is giving me an impossible ultimatum. I'm also a horrible person and started seeing someone (29M) a month ago.

My husband cheated on me repeatedly, destroyed my things, threatened me, tried to hold me captive, and now is blackmailing me. Should I give him another chance?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

This is probably the most specific fetish of all time. Where does it end? Like, is that cashier at Whole Foods getting a little tingle when I use my card before the transaction finishes?

"23F non/smoker looking for strong, dominant card slider"

It's a slippery slope from foot fetishists getting jobs at the shoe store

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
You know things are bad when your wife gets bored and decides to bring other people into her affair to spice things up.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Facebook Aunt posted:

You're going to have hard times that are at least partly your own fault too, and you want your family to be there for you then.

Like... have you even read this thread?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Fullhouse posted:

"My wife has been having trouble getting pregnant, and I kissed a girl at Burning Man, so I proposed opening our relationship and she was impregnated by another dude and we got divorced. Also, I'm the most pretentious loving person on the planet. The end"

For sale: self awareness, never used.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Chomp8645 posted:

Complex, hard to follow narrative: Lord of the Rings.

It's a simple narrative, but both the movies and the books bury it under a lot of irrelevant crap so I can't really fault someone for not being bothered to follow along.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Dirtbag Diva posted:

And ugh at the blowjob baby. :10bux: says he's out of shape and the fact sex winds him makes him insecure so he projects it onto her for not indulging him.

The obvious solution to this problem is to have more sex to get in better shape. Sexercise.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Pvt.Scott posted:

If anything, you'd need a cleanse for the toxic alcohol you just consumed in your cleanse cocktail. Hmm, not a bad way to sell more cocktails.

That's pretty much how this stuff works. Oh, you're not an immortal paragon of good health? Here, try a cleanse/chiropractic adjustment/crystal doodad!

Wait, you're still not an immortal paragon of good health? Well it's been 24 hours since your last cleanse/chiropractic adjustment/crystal doodad, time for another round!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

WampaLord posted:

Me [29F] with my husband[32M] of 3 years. He wanted an open relationship but isn't handling it well.

This one is my favorite because she's super conscientious and accommodating to her husband but all he can do is keep shooting himself in the dick repeatedly.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

what's the proper way to offer someone a baby?

In the middle of a pentagram drawn in blood, with a black candle at each point.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

china bot posted:

tell the woman you are dating & who is presumably attracted to you that she gives you a boner and you'd like to give it back to her

:riker:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
At least she has the self awareness to know where the problem lies.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
My wife recently mentioned to me that sometime she wants to finish watching the movie we started watching 4 years ago.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
A few weeks back someone posted a story about a husband cutting off his stay-at-home wife and 4 young kids and trying to evict them the week before Christmas. Looks like there's been an update:

Update- My husband tried to close our accounts and kick myself and the kids out of our house.

quote:

First, I want to say that I logged out of this account that evening, and didn't come back until now, and I was BLOWN AWAY by all of the people offering food, gift certificates, or just good will, and I started crying.. again. I will respond to each of you individually.

So, to recap: My STBX is a cheating rear end, and he panicked and tried to erase his family.

The update: This all happened on a Sunday, so there wasn't a lot I could do right then. I put the kids to bed, and called my mom and cried. Then, I called my mother in law, who was horrified.

My inlaws came over that night with $200 in cash and a check for much more. My father in law is didn't say much, but he did fix my bathroom door (which is how he shows affection), and muttered that he would "fix this".

I opened a new checking account at a new bank (THANKS FOR THIS ADVICE) with the check my in laws gave me.

I opened a new credit card in my name.

My mother deployed a niece to help with childcare for the next week, I called in a lot of childminding favors, and with the cash my inlaws gave me, I was able to pay the babysitter while I worked this out.

I met with two divorce attorneys- both of them told me about what you had said, that he was legally screwed. I chose one, and we set the process in motion to get an emergency hearing, but by Tuesday, my old checking account had most of the money back, and my husband was asking to "talk".

On the advice of my lawyer, I took half of the checking account money and put it in my new bank, and kept records of everything.

I pulled our credit reports- He has over $40,000 in credit card debt. I also found out, that he received a raise last year, and funneled this money out of our shared accounts. I would have figured this out when I did our taxes, and this led to him panicking and trying to "erase" us.

Keep in mind, this rear end in a top hat gave me gonorrhea. I am an accountant by trade, and I'm afraid of CC debt the way some girls are afraid of spiders, so I was horrified about this, but my lawyer thinks it's likely that he'll have to have this debt on his own, as my name isn't on it, and it seems that most of it was spent on his side piece.

We have started mediation, which he agreed to when he realized that he would need to pay for BOTH of our divorce attnys.

My goal- which my lawyer thinks is reasonable, is to ask for alimony until I either re-marry (not likely) or my 2 year old is in school full time, and to have a reasonable amount of child support until she's 18, and then we'll split college costs for all of them. When all the kids are in school, I can concentrate on getting back to work.

I also plan to sell the house and buy a smaller house in a less elite section of town. The kids can share rooms, and I can live mortgage free.

So, I'm heartbroken, and diseased, but there's also an incredible weight that his lifted from me. Our marriage has been bad for so long, and I didn't even realize how unhappy I was, and how.. absent by husband was. It took my 5 year old almost a week to realize that Daddy was gone.

:unsmith:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

From about 20 pages back but I love this one. I'm pretty sure by the end of his outburst she probably does have a pretty good idea why his relationships fail, so maybe he was right all along about her deliberately withholding the truth to spare his feelings!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

I am SURE there were no pre-existing patterns in their relationship that might have caused this to be some sort of ... how shall we say, point of tipping?

LethalGeek posted:

Purse guy is getting eviscerated on reddit btw. Only one idiot was all "pff what a drama queen" and ..I'm going to look at their history hold on.

The Donald, some pizza gate thing, and a bitcoin knock off. Yeah sounds like a real winner

quote:

In spite of everything I still love her. Aside from her crazy emotional side, she's caring, beautiful, sexy, smart, funny, a great cook, gives me massages, takes time to make me gifts. Our relationship was pretty much perfect. I can't believe she's going to throw it all away over something so stupid and petty. How do I get her to see that she's being completely irrational?

"My girlfriend dotes on me, literally waits on me hand and foot and in the time that she's not taking care of all my physical whims she makes cool poo poo for me--and she dumped me just because I told her I wouldn't hold her big dumb purse for 5 minutes?! What an irrational oval office!"

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Jumping the bully would definitely be cathartic as hell and I understand the appeal but c'mon man.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I think we can all agree that the optimal course of action involves entombing the bully alive in a damp cellar, but short of that NC is definitely the way to go.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

Same

5'9", 180 lbs, 32 pant size, XL shirt

I could stand to lose 10 lbs or so def

How the hell are you an XL shirt? Do you just wear it like a poncho?

edit: drat, ninja edited on me

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

54 40 or gently caress posted:

What is this nonsense about asking to buy something?

And whatever, she gets clothes he gets blown. Win win

It's pretty normal for couples to discuss purchases that aren't trivial and/or necessary. :shrug:

Anyhow, yeah, as long as no one feels resentful about the trade this seems pretty harmless and normal.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
"Almost worse than"

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
This thread has gone some pretty dumb places but Addams Family fanfic tops them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Okay, please no one cheat and look on reddit, guess what the interests are(there are a bunch):
I [17M] simply refuse to date until I can find a lady who shares common interests with me. Is this unreasonable?

anime, MLP, league of legends, videogame streamers, aaaaaaaand some kind of weird sex thing. let's say giantess poo poo.