Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

LimburgLimbo posted:

Little bit late but this must-see came to mind during polyamory chat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RId9gLsy0k

Not this one?

https://youtu.be/DTsdKycVZZ4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Cyks posted:

But how is it suppose to be pronounced? Lou-Ellen? As in the Simpsons character and Ellen DeGeneres?

Is it Irish/Gaeilge?

E: Looks like the poster above me clarified it's of Welsh origin.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

My wife picked "Baxter" as our son's name, which I feel is a little dorky. I hope he doesn't get picked on at school for it.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Uncle Enzo posted:

I know a kid named Jonathan whose parents called him Johnny right from the start, as they're planned before he was born. This is a problem to you?

Textbook abuse. I bet they're estranged now.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The only Welsh name I ever remember is "Ffynnon Garw" from that one Hugh Grant movie.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

feedmegin posted:

Dude, we invented the sandwich.

A piece of toast between two untoasted pieces of bread does not a sandwich make.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Play posted:

well?

Dude still thinking of Grace's protruding nipples 3+ years after the fact lmao

Also I would be very surprised indeed if Chinese folks were even allowed to use reddit

No, no. He met her in 2016 and then saw her again after three and a half years, recently. But yeah, the dude is still a weenie.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Xenocides posted:

My husband (32/m) is upset that I (31/f) don't look more like a mom.

Dan and I have been married for 3 years and 8 months ago welcomed our amazing son into the world. He was very planned and wanted and motherhood had been transformative for me. I was able to take 4 1/2 months maternity leave before going back to work. Without going into too many details, we both work white collar jobs that require professional attire. A normal work day look for me is a skirt or pair of slacks, a silk blouse, pumps or boots depending on the weather (but always with a heel because I'm 5 foot nothing), maybe a blazer if I have a big meeting. Dan wears a suit almost everyday. I also style my hair and do some makeup for work everyday. This is what I wore before our son was born and what I continue to wear.

Dan and I are pretty even in sharing parenting duties. I tend to take mornings because I'm more of a morning person that Dan. A normal morning for me starts early, short workout, shower, get baby up, get ready, get baby ready and baby off to Dan because the daycare is on Dan's way to work. I'm normally dressed at the tail end of this process but I keep my robe on over my clothes in case my son wants to give my outfit something to remember him by on our way out the door.

For the last month or so, Dan has been more irritable than normal in the morning. There have been side comments if he gets up and I'm drying my hair or getting dressed- basically if I'm not 100% focused on my son in the am. Our son is happy playing and supervised so I just chalked it up to morning moodieness but it's been getting worse.

Last night I brought it up in what I thought was a neutral, non confrontational way. Basically his answer was this: his mom was 100% a mom after her kids were born. She gained a fair amount of weight after she had kids and never tried to lose it. She wore sweatpants everyday and works a job where she wears a uniform so if she wasn't in her work uniform she was in sweats and a tshirt. She never did her hair or make up. Her entire identity was being a mom and she's shared with me how hard it was to watch her kids start their own lives. Dan thinks I don't care about our son as much as he does since I worked on losing the baby weight and still put effort into my appearance.

I feel like keeping this part of my identity actually helps me be a better mother. I love my son but I'm still me and I still have the things I like to do. Dressing wel my identity actually helps me be a better mother. I love my son but I'm still me and I still have the things I like to do. Dressing well, blowing out my hair and doing my make up are therapeutic to me. Now that being said, my son is my life and if I knew that not doing those things but guarantee him a happy healthy life I would stop immediately. I told Dan that my son and I have our morning routine and he gets lots of time and attention before I go to the office. Dan said he wasn't looking to fight but he just wanted me to think about my priorities and my time management.

Is it normal for new moms to totally sacrifice all the things you like to do? Is this a sign of something deeper I need to address with my husband?

TL;DR: my husband thinks because I take my time to get ready every morning, I'm not as good of a mother as it could be.

My wife still looks attractive after she had our child. What do? Is she broken?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"How can you say you love me if you won't risk losing your vet license for me? :qq:"

E: also I don't know what Venmo is but it sounds shady as hell given the context

Just a cash transfer app, like using Google Wallet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Maybe he keeps a spare key under the welcome mat or something.