Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Facebook Aunt posted:

Still, it feels like she's missed something. It's ridiculous that a guy would go right to dog murder with zero red flags ahead of time. That isn't normal. Even for crazy people that isn't normal.

Attempting to justify the actions of legit crazy people is futile. He might have been perceived the dog as competition with his girlfriend, maybe the dog annoys him so much, maybe he secretly hates dogs. I'm sure dude didn't go from zero to killing the dog for no reason, but it could very well be a totally insane reason which was "logical" only to him. We'll never know and there is no reason to speculate.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Nov 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

well why not posted:

This is the fuckin' best.

The lovely tattoos and ironic glasses are the best part. Hilarious. :roflolmao:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

sinking belle posted:

My [48F] daughter [27F] made a hurtful comment on social media, and I am struggling with how to confront her

:staredog:

Narcissism is one hell of a drug. Good thing her daughter is 27 and can easily ignore her bullshit, unlike the earlier post about the shitbag mom who read her 16 year old daughter's diary and violated her privacy over absolutely nothing. People suck. It's hard enough being a teenager and nutty parents make it worse.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
/r/relationships has a stupidly hardline stance on locking or deleting posts because they're scared of absurdly dumb posts like that getting brigaded by /r/drama and other subreddits that exist to make fun of people... But it's really bad if morons were sending her death threats, so I support killing the post.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
An unemployed alcoholic misogynist who prioritizes Call of Duty over his wife and baby is just incredible. If they had an open relationship and weird fetishes involved, he would check off every box. :allears:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
That's the problem with reddit. Every subreddit goes into the most polarizing direction possible, thanks to upvoting and mob mentality, so what should be helpful communities like /r/raisedbynarcissists turns into mass paranoia over every family interaction or /r/childfree is coddling of weirdos who can't deal with ordinary human interaction. There are reasons for supportive communities like /r/short to exist, but they are anything but healthy and supportive.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Did you guys know you get a warning on r/relationships for using the word 'manchild' because it's considered a user-generated slur

I'm just imagining the mods getting together and thinking of the next arbitrary rule to plop down on their incredibly sad subreddit every week. I wonder if they ban the words "stupid" or "dumb" because it might be insulting and how can anyone feel insulted?!!

Did you know that all political discussion is banned too, even if someone's like "my boyfriend is really angry at me for arguing about politics with his dad during Thanksgiving dinner" or the like? It's really good.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

insufficient guns posted:

Why would you date someone you weren't sexually attracted to and not have sex for a year?

This one is so sad. The dude was/is almost certainly attracted to his girlfriend and they weren't doing it until recently solely because of his sexual trauma. I feel really bad for him, actually. He's finally able to get it up again for the first time after being assaulted with the woman he loves and she just makes it about her because she's neurotic and shallow as hell. :smith:

I looked at the reddit comments and most of the posters are blasting her for being petty and inconsiderate, so that's some solace.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Leon Einstein posted:

These guys must feel their options are extremely limited to put up with that sort of poo poo. I don't even think cheating once is forgivable, let alone repeatedly.

He must really, really want to stay together for his kids, which is, of course, a horrible idea. Either that, or he has a secret fetish, which is much less likely... I just wonder what his cheating wife would have to do to convince him to leave at this point after cheating on him multiple times for what seems to be years. Have some dignity, dude.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

*She belches (burps) so loud it's frightening. Like there's a 300 lb sumo wrestler living inside of her.

*She has shoulders broader than mine. She can pin me down in wrestling or beat me up if we were to get into a fist fight.

*She's the big spoon at night, making me feel like I’m not cuddling with a woman at all.

*Several times she's been told she has very masculine features and it bothers her, but she knows it's true and is constantly asking me what I think. I always lie and tell her she looks fine and should accept herself as she is (I’m trying to).

*She gains muscle faster than anyone I know. She makes me look like a dweeb when we go to the gym together.

*When she puts her hair up, her huge jaw juts out & it’s hard to remember how in the world I married this girl.

*When I give her a back massage it’s like I’m massaging a football player.

*When we hang out with her friends it’s quite obvious they are all so pretty and she looks unfeminine compared to them.

She’s not fat, she's probably 15 lbs overweight, but she looks like she could weigh about 100lbs more than she actually does because her arms and face are fat.

*She is constantly calling herself fat and ugly and edits her photos to make herself look more feminine.

This dude has no idea how lucky he is. :swoon:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

WampaLord posted:

I feel so loving bad for retail workers whose store does nothing but Christmas music for the entire month.

I used to work retail several years back and it was really no worse than any other time of the year. The store I worked at had an incredibly annoying song rotation that was identical for months at a time. I just learned to tune it out the same as Christmas music.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Relationships like that are so funny. They aren't married. They have no kids. Her goony manchild SO refuses to touch her and would rather play video games all day. He'd rather jerk off than be with her. Why is she so stuck on staying with him when she gets nothing out of it? Just break up and find someone who actually likes her. It's that easy. :allears:

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Dec 4, 2016

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Gluten Freeman posted:

i love this kind of story

I was surprised his girlfriend is 25 when I read this. She acts like she's 14.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I feel really bad for the 9 year old girl who has to deal with a crazy unemployed stepmom who abuses her and a mom who probably pits the kid against the stepmom regularly. Considering her dad's divorced, who knows what else she's had to deal with. I hope the situation improves for her, now that OP's out of the picture. :gbsmith:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

It was from a few pages back but that guy who went out of his way not to shame or embarass his girl for making GBS threads herself during sex is basically a r/relationship superhero.

While the story was loving hilarious, I don't see how he's some incredible superhero for acting like a normal human being and cleaning up a little mess. Sex is messy and awkward by design and it's ordinary for weird poo poo (heh) to happen without embarrassingly bringing it up, whether it's blood, pee, whatever.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

:agreed: but I'm grading on a r/relationships curve, where you'd expect this post to be about how he rolled around in it and then shouted at her through the shower door how he wanted to open their relationship

That's true. If you're contrasting with the average /r/relationships post, he's calm and sensible vs. a typical raving lunatic. We should be commending him for not making an unhinged post about how his girlfriend kicked him out of the house and won't speak to him after he went bonkers yelling at her about what to do the moment she got out of the shower or some such.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Dec 4, 2016

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
There's literally no point in bothering with a relationship any longer once your SO finds religion, assuming that wasn't the case before. Dude is never going to bang her again and she's going to become progressively weirder about it.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Pussy Quipped posted:

Mods change my name to Boise Quipped thank you.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Antivehicular posted:

Constipation Girlfriend needs to meet Math Girlfriend so they can work it out together with a pencil.

:eyepop:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Antivehicular posted:

Oh, hey, it's another "Christmas is for family, except your baby" story:

Our [27F, 23F, 30F, 32F] sister [25F] has lost her mind. She had an affair and had a baby. My sister [32F] adopted him. Now she's demanding he be left at home on Christmas.

I will admit this one at least has a reason besides "I'm just terrible, just so drat terrible," but what the hell?

What in the heck? If I were in this situation, I would bring the kid just to spite these crazy people. What kind of batshit insane rear end in a top hat family disallows a 2 year old kid to Christmas, regardless of the circumstances? What message does that send to his siblings, let alone the little boy himself? :psyduck:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Captain Lavender posted:

My brother admitted to a "prank" that drastically changed my life 7 years ago.

Yup, murder him. Dude's brother shows no remorse and plays halfway ruining his life off as a cute little joke. I hope he severs from his rear end in a top hat brother and never looks back.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm 30 years old and I would be really angry if an adult (19 is an adult and liable for your own lovely actions) cut my hair while I was sleeping.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

corn on the cop posted:

I [23F] am friends with a lesbian couple [24F&26F] they're both models. My boyfriend [25M] thought it would be a good idea to ask them for a foursome.

Before I read the post itself, I assumed crazy bro asked his girlfriend privately and she bizarrely decided to post on reddit in hysterics, as opposed to shooting him down instantly. But nope, he asked all three women. In a group chat. Man, some people have incredible behavior. :sever:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

almightyerin posted:

Holy gently caress that's plain lovely.

It's real weird how her boyfriend didn't stand up for her, leave with her to hang out until the evening, anything but ignoring her and not giving her a call for 6 (!!) hours. Assuming her boyfriend and the bride are really that close, how hard is it to bring her aside and talk to her privately???? I know it's a /r/relationships cliche that people never communicate, but this one is so odd.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 10, 2016

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

I understand that her boyfriend has trouble acting in that situation but drat, I can't imagine just letting her just walk out while I stayed there. I wouldn't give a gently caress about "making a scene" if somebody publicly humiliated my wife like that. Especially considering "making a scene" is leaving with your girlfriend.

That's why her boyfriend is a weird as heck rear end in a top hat. It's one thing to be scared over making decisions in awkward social situations. I get that, even if I have no qualms about speaking up in lovely, awkward situations. It's another thing to completely ignore your girlfriend after she went out of her way to attend a wedding with your sorry rear end.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Dec 10, 2016

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

loquacius posted:

Basically this person's problem is that she was invited to the ceremony (which she went to) and the reception (which hadn't happened yet at the time of the writing) but not the "breakfast" (the thing she was kicked out of). There should not be events at your wedding that only some guests are invited to (apart from your rehearsal obv which is only for your wedding party). This bride overcomplicated things and feelings were bound to get hurt.

The problem is that the bride publicly humiliated OP and her boyfriend sat there stonefaced while she left in the rain. It has nothing to do with the wedding setup at all, even if I agree that the bride hosed up in ever doing it that way. The bride's reaction should have been "Oh, sorry for the confusion. Let me get another chair for you." In lieu of that, boyfriend should have stepped up to the plate and done something.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 10, 2016

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Khorne posted:

Not going to lie, if I were the boyfriend I would have offered her my seat and just chilled. At the very least. Or we could both have gone to the pub.

Yeah, same here. If it were me in that situation, I would have given the bride the finger for pulling that poo poo and gotten drunk with my girlfriend at the bar while laughing about it.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Later on in the thread, OP brings this up when asked if her spineless boyfriend previously dated the bride or her sister or something:

quote:

Funny you say that. The maid of honour is his ex. Although we were not aware until we saw her name in the wedding booklet at the ceremony that she would even be there. However there is a lot of bad blood between them, if she was going to intervene to remove anybody, it would have been him.

It's very likely that the maid of honor and possibly the bride too conspired to screw with OP out of spite. How weird everyone was about the whole situation makes more sense now!

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Skratte posted:

What in the hell makes her parents think this is her problem

Why are her parents going along with this???? Her brother's a kid in high school and is dating what seems to be a nice girl. I am so confused.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
It's really sad how the guy never got the therapy he needed. OP can move on from this. Dude's family and friends cannot. :(

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

It's pretty common in a lot of Asian countries that the husbands just feel too overwhelmed and stressed to want to have sex. If I recall the slang is "vegetarian" or something? It doesn't surprise me it's happening over here, work-life balance is all out of whack.

I could be coming home after a 12 hour work shift and I still wouldn't turn down my girlfriend if she asked.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

underage at the vape shop posted:

Men can be not in the mood just like women aren't.

The problem is that he's selfish when they do and doesn't care about her.

Yup, that's the real issue. The part where she's like "I have to lube myself up with some spit because he never rubs or kisses me" is just disturbing and really sad. :(

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

HardDiskD posted:

My (24F) partner (23M) is getting popular on Twitch and it's killing something we used to love doing together. [relationships]

Dude is an immature idiot and is losing his girlfriend over his very poor Twitch streaming decisions. He also doesn't understand that he would have double the viewers/donations if his girlfriend was even sitting in the background of his stream and reading a book, let alone interacting with the desperate dudes watching him play Overwatch or whatever.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

nexous posted:

That was my first thought. She must be really ugly if he doesn't want her on stream.

It's much more likely he's a huge nerdy rear end bitch who thinks that streaming video games isn't "for girls" and feels embarrassed to have a FEMALE on his stream than OP being ugly or some such.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Dunning Krugerrand posted:

I [20F] Had a get together. Bf [25M] Blew up at me because he didn't like the food.

What kind of crazy as heck serial killer doesn't like kabobs and baklava?!! It's delicious meat and grilled vegetables on a stick. Plus the most delicious honey, walnut, and pistachio pastries! She had gyros too! I guess I can understand being weirded by grape leaves, even if they are very tasty, but meat and delicious desserts? I don't get it!

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

No? Friends just show up at your door.

Exactly. Maybe it's not perfect, but if you're mortally freaked out by your SO bringing a few people over, then I have no clue how you function on a day-to-day basis. Then again, her example is some theater nerd, so that's the answer.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

And as for guy who showed up from Mississippi,... the age difference told 85% of the story right there :shepface:

I hope the woman in that story has the sense to block him on everything and :sever: forever because holy poo poo no get away and never look back dude is halfway to a serial rapist :gonk:

The fact that she made a post on reddit about it and was questioning whether to end their "exclusive relationship" shows she isn't quite right either, sadly...

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 19, 2016

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

DOMDOM posted:

How could that other guy think he can just sever from his wife and 4 kids by kicking them out of "his house?"

I would love to be a fly on the wall when they go in front of the judge.

It's going to be great when the judge raids the deadbeat moron's bank accounts for his (ex-)wife's legal fees. It's going to be equally great when the cops inevitably lock him out of their house since she's on the deed and is the primary caretaker of 4 kids in an abusive situation. :laffo:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

This is old and legal advice but..:wtc:

and the update:

I repeat. :wtc::wtc::wtc:

Jesus gently caress. How insane can people be? Her shitbag ex even did it again after getting caught the first time and now her daughter is hosed for life. What kills me most is the daughter fled to a police station. Poor girl. Goddamn. :allbuttons:

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Dec 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

This is super long but can someone help me please understand wtf STBXH means? I'm also bolding the weirdest parts

Ohhhhj soon to be ex husband. Jesus gently caress

Yeah, she's the only reasonable one in this lovely situation. She has a delusional rear end in a top hat ex-husband who isn't getting the clue that their sham marriage has been long over. They're separated and she finally has a guy who cares about and respects her. Good for her. She should block that asshat everywhere and talk to him only through their lawyers. :sever: forever.