Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
it's the same as how you're a smoker if you smoke 5 cigs a day or five packs a day, it's just that one will likely kill you and the other probably won't. and if you're a "social smoker" that's about the same as pre-alcoholism, few people stay social smokers forever they either graduate or quit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
you'd think a diaper lover would appreciate someone who drinks a lot of liquids but i dont know if you're supposed to piss in the diapers or what. maybe that's too expensive and you just take them on/off like hosed up idiot lingere

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

food court bailiff posted:

Also are those guidelines for what constitutes binge/problem drinking accepted worldwide? As hard as I find it to believe that only half of Americans have more than a drink a month, I wonder how that translates to a place like Italy.

kind of sort of because human bodies aren't all that different but there's no like global standard for this kind of health standard, it's just doctors sharing info. although apparently italy has super low rates of both drinking and alcoholism, which i did not expect

Chomp8645 posted:

I feel like wine consumption alone would qualify much of the world as "pre-alcoholic" by that metric.

if you drink 1 (or 2 if you're a man under 65) drinks a day every day you are not a problem drinker, because science can't tell if that level of alcohol consumption is bad or good for you

if you drink 1.5 bottles of wine on the reg then you are a problem drinker, but again thats not really like a huge deal or anything so long as it's not an escalating pattern of drinking

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Dec 16, 2016

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

underage at the vape shop posted:

You need to define single session because 6 drinks in a night isn't that much if you're at a party or going clubbing or w/e

it is comparatively, if you can drink 6 drinks in a night and not be wobbly then you're way on the high scale of tolerance and are probably an alkie in one way or another. if you're a young person who parties then you have plenty of time to change your ways, and probably will as you slow down in adulthood, but if you're an older person who can clear a six pack no problem then that's intro to chronic health problems 101

underage at the vape shop posted:

E: I feel like a dick reading on, it's great you dealt with your alcohol problems.

i haven't, i'm on drink #10 as i write this, but i know at least i've reached my upper limit of alcoholism and it's very unlikely i'll ever be the kind of person who has a breakfast bloody mary every day or ends up shithammered before the sun goes down on a weekend, let alone the chronic sad sack who spends all day every day drinking until they die. alcohol addiction is a spectrum, and most people who drink regularly exist on it whether it's the light i'm fat and dozy side or the awful cirrhosis and inevitable painful sad death side

e: if it helps to the current discussion i'm conventionally attractive and decently well spoken + charming

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Dec 16, 2016

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

every other ugly person in this post has some genetic problem but lady on the left just has horrible burns. not fair

dude on the right has hosed up skin wart condition but at least he can dress himself unlike wannabe punk pharrell williams

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Dec 16, 2016

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

quote:

my brothers are being jerks about it and not helping me.

they are helping in the best way possible bro. funerals are loving expensive

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
"hey bro bend over i got a boner i gotta take care of"

"wait till halftime dude then go get the lube"

"alright man, want another natty while i'm up?"

"you know it bro"

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
on the one hand, yeah it sucks to say something stupid and have your life completely thrown into disarray because of it

on the other hand, someone who is going to do something so stupid is a big liability in a for-profit entity and it's good to sniff out people this clueless and 86 them

like to start hitting on people at your company party like it's a singles bar? and then double and triple down on the idiocy? might as well jump out a window

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

HardDiskD posted:

is that david mitchell?

if you know who david mitchell is but you havent watched the first 4 series of peep show then you have a serious problem in your life that needs to get fixed immediately

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
give it a year and that guy will be complaining on reddit about how the legal system is biased against men in divorce cases

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
"honey, i just want you to know, in the interest of full disclosure and open communication: i think about nailing women much younger and more attractive than you constantly. out of respect for you and our relationship i would never do such a thing, but these fantasies have upset my life to the point that i'm going to have to switch jobs. just putting that out there"

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Khorne posted:

It should be no big deal to discuss something like that. I could not date an emotional child like that woman.

there's no real discussion to be had, there's just one partner dumping their feelings on the other partner, who then just has to deal with it one way or another. better to just keep your mouth shut. open communication is one thing, emotional abuse is another

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pvt.Scott posted:

That's some primo stuff right there. So, this guy wants these people to come to a place designed specifically to delight children/young teens and not bring their children. That means he's expecting each and every parent to either arrange care for their children, or leave one half of a couple behind to go to a place that they likely have little interest in going to other than taking their children there in the first place. I hope nobody shows up, even his childless guests.

excluding your friends who have children, because they have children, is a great way to wind up with less friends. people are going to choose their children first as it turns out, people generally like their children more than other adults

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
"so you're having your birthday at chuck e cheese? but you don't have any kids? ok, well, whatever, i'll bring mine and susan will bring hers and-"

"no"

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pearnicious posted:

I think this was in the anonymous confessions thread...

I mean, nobody has to do poo poo they don't want to do

but at the same time either you're a huge pansy or your high school gf had a particularly stank-rear end pussy

There's not necessarily anything to do about it now though, since early sexual experiences do a lot to shape your sexual hangups later in life, but if you think you can handle it, give it another shot, because there's a pretty good chance you'll be fine with it with a different girl

lol
[/quote]

this is one of the very few benefits of dating a vegan

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
yeah i was worried that she'd like killed his dog and poo poo on the corpse. freezing someone's shoelaces in a big block is a perfect compromise between insulting pain in the rear end and something the police would absolutely not press charges over

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

chitoryu12 posted:

She'd probably fight like hell for it. If she's got 4 million pounds in savings but is still living in a crappy apartment without heat to avoid spending too much on living expenses, she's a crazy cheapskate.

it's probably in a trust and she keeps quiet about it because having that much money fucks with your relationships - look at how op started drooling when they found out their partner was wealthy and basically wants to cheat on the woman with her inheritance

chitoryu12 posted:

I would think that, but he mentioned she "takes money out of savings" to pay the rent and supposedly owns multiple houses, all while being content to let her boyfriend work 50 hours a week and just dabble in part time stuff. If he's telling the truth, she seems like she's more concerned with having money than actually living with money.

"taking money out of savings" is an obvious lie to avoid having to explain her trust. she doesn't own the houses, the trust does. i know a couple of trust fund kids and they're super cagey about their money because they don't want to ruin friendships by having their 'friends' pester them for money constantly. this is pretty much the only way you can be wealthy via inheritance and have a normal life

if it's a trust she may not even get that much to live on, my buddy who has a trust will inherit a few million bucks... when he turns 40. before then he gets like $2k a month which is enough to make sure you're not homeless but you have to have a job if you want a comfortable life. so rich gf most likely isn't a cheapskate versus just being rich on paper and not in pocket

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 23, 2016

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Danaru posted:

Why would you live in poverty if you could just not live in poverty :psyduck: What the hell is wrong with her

you don't know any details about this person's finances except from the perspective of a different person who sounds like they would gently caress a pile of cash. it is very likely the money is in a trust, meaning it doesn't belong to her yet

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pick posted:

2. Most people I know have trusts that open progressively, often a bit at 18, a bit at 26 or so, 30, 35, etc. because the story of a kid getting 6 mil and wasting it before they're 24 is so incredibly common because it is extremely, shockingly easy to do

and not just pissing the money away on jewelry and drugs, growing up rich fucks up your expectations of what real life is like for most people. someone who was self-made and came up from a lower income to being very rich would have a deep interest in making sure their kids had a similar experience. like give your kids the best education you can, their healthcare is paid for, but if they have to work for a living and live in a crummy apartment with no hot water, well, many people live like that and it's good to experience these sorts of things in life versus being pampered from birth till death

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Holy poo poo I'd be furious if my girl was sitting on a couple mil and I was slaving away at a lovely job and showering with no hot water. I wouldn't loving marry her.

you're not entitled to someone else's money until/unless you're married and in a binding legal and financial partnership :shrug:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

:agreed:

A lot of rich kids would probably grow up into better people if they knew what it was like to have almost nothing and have to work lovely jobs just to make ends meet.

:ssh: a fair number of rich kids do exactly this and you wouldn't know they were rich until they told you (or you snooped through their financial documents)

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Baron Corbyn posted:

There's a difference between not spending your money on frivolous poo poo and refusing to pay for simple stuff like loving hot water when you are a literal millionaire. She's an insane miser hoarding money for no reason, except she isn't because she's a shitbird buying multiple houses in a country with a housing shortage.

yeah it's really implausible that a 25 year old woman is wealthy enough to personally own multiple expensive houses yet chooses to live in a crap apartment in near poverty while working a part time job. it's far more likely that the money isn't hers (yet) and the mail-opening boyfriend doesn't know what a trust is or just had his eyes pop when he saw his girlfriend was worth seven figures on paper

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Dec 23, 2016

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Baron Corbyn posted:

He should definitely not marry the insane miser who would rather force him to live without hot water than spend some of her literal millions on heating a house in a country as dreary as the UK. I actually seriously hope she's letting those houses sit empty than letting them out because if she's forcing her boyfriend, someone she probably cares about to live without basic stuff like hearing, I can't begin to imagine how terribly she treats her tenants.

wow you are super jealous of rich people lol

i mean it's far more likely, like extremely so, that she's a trust fund kid but we can also invent elaborate stories in our head about how she's basically forcing children to live in slums also

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Baron Corbyn posted:

I will not read

yeah no poo poo bro

let's assume this is true and she's somehow a multimillionaire in her 20's through extreme rent seeking and abuse of the poor. this dude wants to put a ring on basically lady scrooge lol

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Baron Corbyn posted:

What kind of person sets up a trust to a family member that leaves them with millions of pounds but not enough money to live above subsistence level?

an intelligent person who doesn't want to gently caress up their child's development? in most countries a person is legally an adult in their late teens somewhere, but the brain doesn't mature until age 25ish. giving millions of monies to a mental child is a terrible idea, because they will most likely squander the money on stupid things. if you're going to bequeath huge sacks of money to your child, putting tight legal restrictions on it and giving them a stipend until they reach some age of maturity is about the best possible way to do it

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Baron Corbyn posted:

There's a difference between handing huge sacks od the money and not handing her enough to be able to afford heating when her and her boyfriend are both working.

you're assuming this based on the word of a guy who literally wants to marry his girlfriend because he assumes she is rich and holding out on him. you're making her a villain in your head because you are jealous of rich people

op is an unreliable narrator. he admitted to invading her privacy and he admitted to wanting to obtain comfort by marrying someone for their (assumed) wealth. op was a poo poo bird and we know that for sure, there's no reason to assume what they say is true when fishing for sympathy about how hard their lot in life is

e: and it's common enough for trusts to not give kids the money to make them have something to work for in life, maybe she's bad at working for a living. in this case nothing would change about their living situation except dude thinks he's found his golden ticket

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Dec 23, 2016

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Baron Corbyn posted:

I'm not rich but I have hot water despite being a frivolous 20-something who doesn't know the value of money so, no, not jealous.

The guy works 50 hours a week, even at minimum wage, they should be able to afford heating with her trust money. I don't know why you're so keen to defend someone who would force someone they love to live without heating and hot water. I've stretched my budget to cover heating bills for roommates without making a big deal about it and I don't love them nor am I a millionaire.

And yes, like any other post in this topic, we can say none of this happened and it's all bullshit but then there's no point in even talking about them.

i'm not defending someone so much as making fun of you for attacking someone on the basis of what you assume their finances to be. that's just as dumb as falling deeply in love with a woman the moment you discover she's much wealthier than you assumed she was. looking at someone's actual worth as being their net worth is just as silly no matter if it makes you like them less or more, especially when you have to invent stories in your imagination to justify your anger

notice that the dude didn't say anything about this woman, whether he likes her or spends time with her or what. just "we've been living together for 3 months now, i'm really broke, i found out she's loaded, how do i engineer this so i never have to work again thanks bye"

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Baron Corbyn posted:

Her money doesn't make me like her less, her willingness to let someone she cares about live in poverty makes me like her less. You're the one making up bollocks about maybe the settlor not giving her access to enough money to pay for heating when her boyfriend is working 50 hours a week when it's far more likely that it's a situation like Tom Gorman's and yes, they could afford heating.

The guy being a money grabber doesn't change the story beyond making it slightly less aggravating.

drat it's a shame you're working for minimum wage when apparently you have the power to audit people's financial documents telepathically and can determine their disposable income via the internet. amazing. you're like a bitter working class version of those people who can tell what should and shouldn't be in someone's shopping carts based on their apparent socioeconomic status

i mean she's living in poverty right there with him, let's assume she's a crazy miser who's torturing the poor bastard for fun haha

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I can't imagine not paying to keep the lights on in her position while still wanting to live together.

this is why it makes more sense to assume she doesn't actually have access to the money, rather than she'd rather sit in a cold dark apartment playing mindgames with a blue collar schmuck who she may decide to marry someday if he can just tough it out

like i said earlier, i know a guy who will inherit a few million bucks on his 40th birthday but before then he gets a pitiful monthly stipend and he has to hold down a dumb job same as every other jerk until then

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

HardDiskD posted:

How can anyone defend the OP after he admitted that he snooped through her mail? :psyduck: People go into a rage when other snoop their partner's phones but when it's the mail it's whatever?

if he hadn't then we wouldn't be able to collectively pretend she's swimming in money but just choosing to live in squalor because she's, uh, secretly evil, i guess. because people often choose to go without basic necessities if it means their romantic partner suffers equally, that makes a lot of sense

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Baron Corbyn posted:

I'm sorry to shatter your illusion the rich are morally impeachable ubermensch but when someone posts her logical line of reasoning in this very topic you've got to drop your persecution complex about us thinking the rich are cartoon villains, mate.

how is it not getting through to you that you have no idea if she can even access the money, so it's dumb to blame her for not spending money she may or may not actually have. you have no window into this woman's financial statements or mindset re: her boyfriend except you have a burning desire to blame her for being a stingy bitch based on nothing but your own imagination

like she's living in near poverty, either she's cash poor but rich on paper, or she's holding out in making her own living conditions more comfortable with her own partner based on mysterious reasons you can access from the ethereal plane of jealousy apparently

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Dec 23, 2016

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
as long as we're just making things up i'd like to propose that the documents are fake and part of an elaborate scheme to trick this poor idiot into marrying her so he can be her piggy bank

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Baron Corbyn posted:

How is not getting through to you when there are people defending her actions based on the story provided, you pillock? There's a perfectly reasonably reason of not wanting your partner to be financially dependent on you that literally every person defending her has posted in this topic and the other person who was in this exact same situation posted about. It only becomes indefensible when you're making your partner live without heating when you could easily remedy the situation.

she is also living without heating so it's really weird she would willingly choose to do this just to put pressure on a guy. welp she's rich, must be evil i guess, i'm sure she's cackling it up lighting cigars with hundred pound notes down at the social club before she goes home to her cold, dank slummy apartment to crawl shivering into bed with a man she secretly despises

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i get that british people get weird about their hosed up class system but gee whiz yall are reading a hell of a lot into a story about how a guy who spied on his partner is actually doing the right thing

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pick posted:

I don't care if she could pay for it or not, "gimme" money from your predecessors is not something any person has an obligation to touch if they don't want to.

can you blame her? the existence of her money has made complete internet strangers pop a cork about her holding out based on a reddit post. money ruins relationships

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

Nobody is that dumb. That has to be fake. Please be fake.

a 22 year old nerd who has met her family after a month of dating? yeah he's that stupid. maybe he's rich, though

one of the disturbing things about getting older is realizing what a god damned idiot child you were in your early twenties. wait for it, it's fun

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Tom Gorman posted:

I can't defend or attack either side in this story. The guy is a garbage man for feeling like he's entitled to something that isn't his, and more than likely she's either oblivious to what he's going through or doesn't want to spend resources on something she has reservations about. Money is a great thing for relationships if the two people can communicate like intelligent humans and use it to carve out a place in the world and be happy.

all i'm saying is that it's silly to assume she would let herself live in discomfort because of financial paranoia, rather than having a particularly restrictive trust and being bad with money. like apparently she still has her own apartment, which is where the boyfriend snooped? so why not just live there

this would also explain why she hasn't mentioned it, because telling your partner that you'll be worth millions eventually but not right now is a great way to end up in a long term toxic relationship

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Dec 23, 2016

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Tears In A Vial posted:

they been friends for ages

ah, so he got a passport out of the friend zone

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i hate my horrible mother. what would be a good gift to demonstrate my love?

Charles Get-Out posted:

No, not really. More like a day pass.

tourist visa

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

poopnanners posted:

In what world is two drinks enough to "get a buzz going?"

like thirty pages ago there was a derail about avg. alcohol consumption - basically if you dont feel two drinks you're either an alkie or have problem drinking because the majority of people don't drink at all, or maybe one drink a month, and those people will definitely be feeling looser after two drinks. if you're a drinker most of the people you know and hang out with are probably also drinkers so it's easy to overestimate how much/many people drink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i piss in the toilet tank