Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Solus M.D. posted:

That bride is an rear end in a top hat and I don't think she (the girlfriend) would be out of line asking her boyfriend to have a little chat with his friend.

e: I doubt he'd talk to her considering what he did in the first place

I understand that her boyfriend has trouble acting in that situation but drat, I can't imagine just letting her just walk out while I stayed there. I wouldn't give a gently caress about "making a scene" if somebody publicly humiliated my wife like that. Especially considering "making a scene" is leaving with your girlfriend.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

loquacius posted:

Basically this person's problem is that she was invited to the ceremony (which she went to) and the reception (which hadn't happened yet at the time of the writing) but not the "breakfast" (the thing she was kicked out of). There should not be events at your wedding that only some guests are invited to (apart from your rehearsal obv which is only for your wedding party). This bride overcomplicated things and feelings were bound to get hurt.

I'm going to go reread the post but I believe part of the problem was that she was invited to everything. There was nothing on the invitation suggesting they weren't both invited to everything.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I wouldn't be surprised if she actually was invited but the bitch bride solved the chair problem with WELL YOU'RE NOT INVITED STOP RUINING EVERYTHING

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

InvisibleMonkey posted:

I was a master of ceremony at a tiered wedding, close friends and family came to the small ceremony, more guests came to the reception and stayed for dinner, and they invited loads of people to the party.
It was fine even though some people misunderstood the invitation and showed up earlier than expected, we just went with it and arranged more seating without mentioning it because they're your guests and that's tacky as hell.

If the location and budget allow for it, it would definitely be easier to just invite everyone to the whole thing but this couple really wanted to have everyone there at the party and compromised on the other events. Regardless, even if your wedding is a logistical nightmare it's insanely rude to just turn people away. I wonder if the boyfriend knew OP wasn't welcome and that's why he kept his mouth shut, it's hard to believe anyone would let their gf walk out into the rain without even trying to intervene. Dump his rear end.

You're making it sound like you should always account for the unexpected when planning large events. Surely you can't mean such a thing, can you?

underage at the vape shop posted:

her birth control is her womb shutting down before his parents even got together.

There is a very big difference to a well disciplined kid and a kid that just does whatever the gently caress cause their parents don't care. Like, when your kid starts acting out, you are going to tell them to stop. You aren't gunna let them annoy the poo poo out of everyone else in the area. There are a lot of lovely parents who do. These are the same people who say poo poo like "oh but you get paid to do it" when their kid makes a huge mess because they didn't stop them doing it.

A good parent will see their kid acting out and not expect the rest of the world to be babysitters. Working in hospitality, my favourite is parents who treat my work like a daycare and us as carers and are completely unapologetic.

I agree there is a difference. My point is that I don't think a lot of r/childfree sees that difference.

I work in golf and while it's rare, people do bring their kids with them and sometimes the kids act up enough that I have to threaten to kick them out because their "playing" may be hundreds if not thousands in damages. Usually it's annoying but the one situation that truly pissed me off wasn't even customers. I was leaving for the night and saw kids playing soccer on a green. Turns out one of the residents sent their kids across the street to the green while they watched from their porch.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Chad, stop acting up in the pro shop or you won't be going to the hamptons with Brett and his family next summer

Replace hamptons with "Holiday Inn by the Tulsa aiport" and yeah

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I would not gently caress someone I didn't want to gently caress even if I knew for a fact they'd kill themselves if I didn't.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Older sibling (29 M) pulled knife on me (26 M)
I've never had a knife pulled on me so maybe I'm just naive, but who the gently caress grabs the knife out of the other person's hand?

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

I dunno, I feel like runnign away is probably a better option especially if the person wielding the knife is telling you to get out of their home

In theory, maybe. OP was already amped up about the confrontation and may have made a snap decision. Anger + Arenaline + Threat to life = a lot of different outcomes.Or maybe he secretly wanted a minor injury so he could point out that his brother was actually deranged but got more than he bargained for. Who knows?

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Lockback posted:

I like people asking permission to break up.
My girlfriend [24f] basically catfished me [28m] to see if I'd cheat. I'm furious and don't know if this is grounds for breaking up or not.

No details on what he's said to these made-up women though.

The only solution is to start messaging the catfish profiles about how he hates all the things his girlfriend is insecure. "I wish she had your nose...hers looks like somebody tried to pull it off when she was a baby"

It's the only solution.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Pvt.Scott posted:

Even when I was an incel/nice guy/whatever, I kept that poo poo to myself and suffered in silence. Not even once did the thought of panty thievery, voyeurism, rifling through belongings in general, breaking up a relationship, "just making a move and seeing if she's cool with it" or poo poo like that cross my mind, or even if it did (seriously can't recall any times) I didn't act on it. Maybe that's a positive side effect of clinical depression since early childhood?

Hell, even when I was going through my first period of mania at 26 and I ended ruining a great friendship, I waited until she had been out of a relationship for a few months and wasn't actively dating anyone, tried to feel things out a bit (this is around where my bipolar disorder decided to say hello for the first time), and then drunkenly wrote her a multiple page letter confessing my love and that I'd also like to gently caress her and then I did some mild stalking for a few months. Just letters and flowers and having her picture as my phone background and kissing it good morning. Y'know, lightly Crazy poo poo. She figured out to just cut all contact with me after a couple months. I got better.

Who the gently caress goes through someone's underwear?

Hey bipolar buddy who also ruined a great friendship! Mine isn't exactly the same and to be fair, she treated me similarly to how the lesbian is treating that poster (cuddling, holding hands, changing in front of him, light kissing, etc.) but bipolar disorder definitely played a part in how I handled it and how the friendship ended.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Dec 15, 2016

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I bet the first spanking for being late has already happened. Creepy as gently caress.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

quote:

Required: Must be Christian, don't care which sect. Must be ok with sex before marriage. I do realize that the cognitive dissonance between these two ideas already narrows my pool by a LOT.

Okay with sex before marriage or willing to have sex before marriage? Big difference.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Pvt.Scott posted:

There is much wisdom in this young man.

Open relationships are weird. If you want one, you end up just getting cucked and being essentially celibate. If you don't want one, your gf will throw hot girls at you and get angry when you won't gently caress them.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

loquacius posted:

I showed you my Full Metal Jacket fanfiction in confidence :mad:

YOU'RE FullMetalJackItOff98?!

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

women like sex and men like sex and sometimes people like sex more than other people and society sometimes pressures people to act on it more than others JESUS CHRIST

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

He should invite his BiL over to smooth things over and leave a small bag of salt or anything that could pass for coke out in plain sight.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I did some volunteer work that involved meeting with artists and so I went to this one guys house to see his photography and there was a huge bag of mixed pills just...sitting out on the table

It's such a weird feeling to see drugs out in the open like the person just doesn't give a gently caress. My first year in college, I was at lunch with a girl who just pulled out the same thing out of her backpack when she was looking for her keys. I somewhat suspect she wanted us to see them but it was still weird.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I'd ask her where the hell she was reading about anime waifus.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I'll never become friends with my coworkers because the fake work version of myself is a lot more likable

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

dick wizard posted:

Why is my husband acting out like a child?!!

my father-in-law's terminal illness is bringing out the inner abusive raging monster my husband truly is

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

My brother and I didn't speak for a year after our dad's death. He had accused me of being uncaring, heartless, and not loving our dad because I had trouble expressing my grief. I called him a child for throwing tantrums over it in front of anyone. Cue black eyes. Granted we were 17 and 18 but still, we got over it.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

She should be thankful for friends who will mock her baby bf for throwing a mac n cheese tantrum.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Themata posted:

People who are adamant about being picky eaters are also usually adamant about being insufferable in general.

I know someone who had a family history of diabetes and was told if he didn't cut it out with his '"America in the summer" type of palate', he was gonna end up diabetic as gently caress. Several excuses and complaints like 'vegetables aren't real food' later, he's now a proud owner of insulin syringes with his diet still intact.

Pizza lunch with picky eaters is also a chore because anything other than cheese or pepperoni is gonna turn into a short story about vegetable incompatibility.

I only *like* pepperoni, sausage, and olive toppings but I'll eat anything but mushrooms on pizza and still enjoy it. Mushrooms are a total no-go.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Is fighting three sixth graders a gang initiation or something? I think I could pull that off.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Charles Get-Out posted:

"Open relationships" as a concept is pretty much the dumbest thing to enter the relationship zeitgeist recently imo. Like just call it sleeping around like people have been for decades, don't wrap it it formality and funny terms and trendy social expectations.

You don't understand. They've evolved past the archaic social construct of jealousy. One step loser to shedding their corporeal form entirely and becoming beings of pure energy.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

ikanreed posted:

If she gets through a phone interview where they mention it, she better sure as poo poo bring some loving garlic bread to the interview.

Can you imagine? The interviewer makes a joke about it and asks if you'll be bringing it to lunch often. You pull out a squished piece of garlic bread from your pocket, take a bite, put it back, and tell them you prefer Soylent.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Tirade posted:

Listing "garlic bread" is funny as hell while still being mostly harmless. Would be a different story if it had been "vigorous masturbation" or the like.

So honesty isn't the best policy?

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Ratjaculation posted:

That's alright, bar near me does a 9/11 combo.

The Japanese hibachi place near me has a "Pearl Harbor" cocktail

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Seriously, what the gently caress. How do you escape your teens without getting over your fear of periods?

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Pvt.Scott posted:

I knew a guy when I worked at a hotel who had a shoe collection. Limited editions, would wear any one pair once a month or so, kept em spotless. He had at least 50 pairs. The big sports shoes manufacturers do limited runs for nerdy collectors and rap stars.

I tried desperately to get ahold of one of the "Alien Stomper" remakes of Ellen Ripley's space sneakers from Alien once. I think I had looked into the crazy shoe poo poo because of that guy and it just happened that there was something I wanted. They make runs of like 50 shoes and poo poo, though, so good luck.

I had a coworker who would buy the limited jordans and poo poo like that. He wore a pair to work and stepped in a mud puddle once. Lost his goddamn poo poo over it which was somewhat amusing since when he wore any of them, he'd make sure to bring it up to whoever would listen.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Nazzadan posted:

Funny answer: I have a brain tumor fetish.

Real answer: I consider it a happy ending because they found it early and the boyfriend forced her to go and if it was left up to her, she would just continue hearing people narrating to themselves until she dropped dead at a stoplight.

Also because she doesn't have severe schizophrenia. Obviously brain tumors are horrible as well but poo poo, I'd kill to find out my mental illness is curable with surgery, even if it's risky as hell.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

"guys need to pee on stuff" I bet he's a redpiller and thinks he needs to mark her like a dog marks a tree to prevent other males from thinking she's available.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I think The Patriot had a scene where Mel Gibson's wife sowed her daughter and daughter's fiance into two burlap sleeping bags so they couldn't get it on. Then Mel Gibson made a joke "let's hope you sow better than your mother ;)"

I'm going to base my historical views on that, thanks.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Dienes posted:

The obvious solution is to give him a hickey where coworkers can't see it?

Maybe it's an open relationship and he plans on making moves on all their coworkers.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

quote:

Most of our energy would go into making our marriage better so after months of talking we finally agreed to it.

I've seen this concept in plenty of these stories. Do they think they're sexual vampires sucking the energy from outside people so they can use it on their marriage? Are they trying to justify it by promising they'll fix their problems if they get to gently caress other people?

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

If you love something, let it go gently caress your mom. If it does doesn't return, it wasn't meant to be.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Maybe she grew up wealthy and this is her pilgrimage to the other side of the tracks, if you know what I mean. I did it. It was loving awful but I'm glad I did. Taught me to appreciate money and also appreciate owning a mattress.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Nobody is that dumb. That has to be fake. Please be fake.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Now I have to tell my wife that we're prudes with boring sex lives because we won't piss on each other.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Giraffe posted:

Me (27m) with my gf of 4 years (26f), my neighbor has a strong suspicion she cheated and it adds up, idk what to do?

Relax, buddy, I'm sure she and her coworker were just planning you a nice surprise party.

I wonder if he washed his sheets before posting that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

30 Goddamned Dicks posted:

Although at some point that's standard rear end in a top hat teenager behavior and you just have to roll with it because if you dig in your heels and go ballistic they will double down and be even more lovely.

That's not standard teenage behavior and that's a terrible approach to parenting.

Also I just can't imagine separate finances working for my marriage. My wife and I just make sure we've cleared it with each other before we spend any money. I'm sure there's plenty of other reasons for it but keeping separate accounts to protect yourself from one another sounds like there's no trust in that marriage.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Dec 25, 2016