Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

My [21F] boyfriend [22M] is embarrassing in public.

Me and my boyfriend have been together for over a year. I love him and he is very caring towards me. However, i am embarrassed of his behavior in public. I suppose it is good that he doesn't care what people think of him, but I am more quiet and reserved. There are several examples of this.

The other day we went out for pasta and there was a dish named "Spaghetti Aglio e Olio". Throughout the whole entire dinner he would just randomly say things like "spaghetti olio olio olio aglio olio" over and over again. After pasta we went to ice cream and as we were standing in line he kept on saying the same thing to the point where strangers were giving him weird looks. I tried asking him to stop but he wouldn't, and the random "spaghetti olio olio olio olio"s persisted.

Another example is today when we were waiting for our orders at the food carts. There is a song by Gorillaz called "Superfast Jellyfish", and he kept on saying superfast jellyfish over and over again. And sometimes he would change it to super fast curryfish (he was waiting for curry). So I am just standing there as my boyfriend is going " super fast jellyfish superfast superfast jellyfish curryfish". Its really embarassing. I asked him to just have a normal conversation with me but he just kept on going and going.

He does things like this all of the time and its really embarrassing. He will even make "BLEHH" noises randomly which makes random people give us weird looks. He does not stop when I ask and I am embarrassed whenever he tries to touch me in public, because I do not want to be dating the guy making obnoxious weird noises. I suppose it can be funny in private, but in public I feel like it annoys everyone around us. I have tried talking to him multiple times about this (he does not have any mental illnesses since he can behave perfectly normal if he chooses). It is getting so bad to the point where I want to leave him but I am not sure.

UPDATE: After I got off work I sat him down and asked him if he is in complete control of his behavior. His response was "sometimes". I proceeded to tell them that if he can not control it I want him to go get help and that I am willing to work with him on it. But, if he is in control and refuses to stop that we would be over. He seemed disinterested and told me that he is more concerned with signing up for classes than the conversation between us... Dang, that really says a lot.

TL;DR My boyfriend is embarrassing in public and refuses to stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nazzadan posted:

Basically my only interests include drinking and gambling. I literally go to work, come home, drink, and hope to win money on horses or whatever. I don't feel like making friends, I ignore the phone when it rings, I have no opinion on anything and everything I look at makes me sick. I know people on all kinds of ends of the spectrum from crusty punks and hitchikers and then people my age that are going to university to become doctors and I can't help but think that they are all morons and that whatever their ideology is, I know better. I don't want to relate to anybody as I have no interests, and my entire view towards other people is just "get away from me"
tldr: Is there something wrong with me?
All this leads me to this trouble Ive been expereiencing with my network card -- I am unable to find the drivers for it.

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't get a boner unless someone murders me

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm [22F] really interested in animal gore and my bf [22M] is concerned. Should I stop looking at it?

So, I will explain what I mean by animal gore. Basically, anything on the nature is metal sub is what I like seeing. Ive never had any interest in seeing humans getting hurt/killed, or seeing violence between humans and animals. My big interest is seeing how violent animals are with each other. So lions, killer whales ect. I like seeing bugs/insects fight too because they're such weird animals.

So, I sent him a video of a bunch of chimps beating up a raccoon in a zoo. I thought it was funny/interesting because the chimps were punching it and that's such a human thing to do.

Bf was super unamused and told me that's terrible and to not show him things like that. I apologized because I didn't mean to upset him, and I thought it was over.

Later today I let him amuse himself on my phone since he forgot his at home, while I was on my laptop. So apparently he saw lots of recommended videos that were basically either nature shows or short clips of animals mutilating each other. Like, a crocodile taking a zebras leg off. Things like that. My recommended vids are 50% animal stuff and 50% makeup videos.

So Bf is very upset by all of this and he tells me it's abnormal to watch this stuff. I know it's abnormal but he obviously meant it's wrong and I never considered if it was wrong to watch these things or not. I figured nature is nature, it's okay to watch nature. But bf is pretty solid on his position that's it's morally questionable and that I should probably stop.

So, should I stop? I've never had any urges to hurt a living person/animal, or to see animals like cats and dogs get hurt. I just like seeing the things that happen in nature. But I get what he's saying, it's weird that I like to see it at all. So, thoughts?

Tl;dr: I like seeing animals fight, bf says it's morally questionable and I need to stop. Wondering if he does have a point.

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
My (27m) girlfriend (32f) of 2 years got drunk and called me a "f**" when were out with friends because I "wouldn't shut up" (her words) about Game of Thrones

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
My [32F] husband [34M] used all the money for our children's Christmas gifts to fund a Kickstarter for a hot dog cart in Alabama

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Me [18.5 M, n.e.e.t., from poor family, slav] How to date [~50 but look good F, ukrainian political women (jew also)]?

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

My [16M] brother [19M] constantly puts down my taste in music and elevates his music taste above mine.

Today alone he's already gone on two rants about how "mainstream music is dead" and how "the only true music is indie music". I mostly listen to artists such as Anderson Paak, Kendrick Lamar, and Danny Brown, but he finds all 3 of those detestable and won't be quiet about it. He constantly lectures me about how I should listen to "underground rock" (his words not mine) such as Arctic Monkeys, Twenty One Pilots and Panic at the Disco.

I tried listening to these bands, but they just didn't click with me. Whenever I tell him this, he says it's because I'm not as smart or musically talented as him. How do I get my brother to stop lecturing me about "true music".

tl;dr My brother is a self proclaimed hipster/music critic and won't let me listen to whatever I want to. How do I get him to stop?

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
tl:dr My friend mentioned a 4chan raid involving posting pictures of human excrement, death, animal abuse, possibly suicide, and more at a Red Lobster and a family with small children overheard it. How do I get him to cut it out?

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wish a sexy lady would slap me in the face and spank my rear end

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

What do teenage girls do with their milk? (self.NoStupidQuestions)

I found out about a year ago the female boobs make milk. Before that, I had no idea boobs had a purpose. I get that their milk is used to feed babies, but what about teenage girls? I know that teen girls can't have babies, so what do they use their milk for?

EDIT: Well it is now clear that I have no idea how the female body works. Thanks for informing me!

EDIT2: Okay, so, some of you have looked at my post history and are concerned that I may need some mental help. I'll let you all know that my parents put me in therapy a few weeks ago. And yes, my parents were at one point emotionally abusive, but they've changed. I love them both very much. They're working together to help me recover. They don't know about my gender dysphoria, however, and neither does my therapist.

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

lol elsa got probated in fyad but asked me to post this:

lmao

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Me (34f) with my dad's extended family (30s - 70s). It's like they refuse to acknowledge I am actually married.

At 26, I was in a long term committed relationship with a practicing Wiccan and we became handfasted. My understanding was that handfasting is the same as marriage,

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

The girl [24F] I'm [25M] dating wants me to engage in her fetish.
Bear with me.

I started dating this wonderful girl two months ago. We share very common interests; we love being around each other. When I first started dating her, she mentioned that she did have an odd fetish - I was thinking, "OH, she's probably into BDSM or something like that." She asked if I'd be willing to try it, and I, thinking that it wouldn't be too weird, said, "Sure! But let's get to know each other first, okay?" like a sex-crazed idiot.

Anyways, we date, everything goes great. We have sex a good bit; I haven't really been sexually active until now but it's going good.

The other day, she mentioned something to me about the fetish. I had forgotten about it, and so I asked her what she had in mind. She told me she likes anal and fecal play. As in my anal and her fecal. I'm not saying people that like that are bad, but it has made me see her in a different light. I told her no, she said, "But you said.." and we got aggravated at one another. The dust settled and we chilled out, but the other day, I saw little baggies of her turds in the freezer. I am concerned that either she is getting her fix somewhere else, or she's going to force me to do that with her.

I like her a lot - I'm emotionally invested in her. This has caused me to take a step back. Should I just grin and bear it, or should I call the relationship off?

tl;dr: Girl's odd fetish is turning me off. Should I break it off with her, even though I like her a lot?

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

Me [29F] with my husband [37M] of six years, recent hygiene issues
(self.relationships)

submitted 4 hours ago * by ahoythrowaway

Short and sweet. My husband and I are a happy, normal couple. This is a brand spanking new issue.

My husband doesn't seem to be wiping as thoroughly as he used to and I have found poop on the sheet after he left for work this morning. It's only happened a couple of times, but it's becoming frequent enough that it's an issue for me. He travels for work and is only home on weekends, so it's not like it's an every night thing. He sheets for his living accommodations are also usually fecal free when they come home.

I want to approach him about it, but I don't want to embarrass him. E-mail? Do I wait until he's home?

Edit: His hemorrhoids might be a contributing factor, but I still need help broaching the topic.

tl;dr: Poop on the sheets belongs to my husband. How do I broach the topic?

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm a MRA PUA fucktard and I love rape AMA

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
From /r/legaladvice

quote:

[NYC] Lost 50K and sanity to a girl

tl;dr willingly gave a girl a lot of money, mostly through direct venmo payments. I have her name and phone number, but not much else. Don't know how to get it back.

I'll start with the obvious: I'm an idiot. I fully realize I f***** up. Things started so slowly, week by week, then month by month...I can't even believe I got here. Just want to cry or hide under a rock.

So I met this girl on one of those sugardating sites (again: I'm dumb). She did not seem like a hooker
, and seemed genuinely nice and in need, so I helped her out with rent and few gifts. In exchange, we had a few dinners over few weeks, and I felt (and she made it appear) that this was a real relationship, with a potential real future. We had a lot of things in common like family culture, upbringing, etc. She was very attractive, but down to earth at the same time. This went on for a few months until she started making excuses to not see me, not following up on promises to meet family/friends. In fact she never gave out too much personal information, always had an excuse why I couldn't come by her place, and she said she worked at a US military office...so conveniently I could never go visit her at the office.

I broke things off, but then after a few months I was going through some family issues in life and reconnected with her. A lot more money was given, including for plastic surgery and more gifts and...it just hurts my brain to think about it. It was almost 1 year at this point and she kept mentioning things like meeting my family, marriage, where we might live together. I really stopped imagining her as "some girl from a site" and more like my future wife. She was very good at being manipulative and making me think I needed to continue taking care of her to keep her around.

We had made plans to move away together across the country, and about 3 weeks before, she just said "no". It's devastated me, and made me realize everything she ever did or said was fake. Also my job and home are lost because I had assumed I'd be leaving.

I'm not a lawyer or a cop or a hacker, but here are some ideas I had:

I could sue her. I figure the amount here is enough that its not going to just get thrown out of court. I'll say "we verbally agreed it was a loan" and ask for it back? The venmo payments dont have a specific description though, and there is no text msg record of me saying this.
I could call the cops, but not sure what the charge would be? I can totally believe she is scamming other people, and now I could believe she's a hooker too. Maybe I could lie and say I did hire her for sex, so she'd get arrested...but then I would too I suppose. And unlikely I would get any money back.

Anyways that is my sad story. I'll be happy if I can squeeze this part of my life out of my brain forever...but I'm very afraid I wont be able to.

EDIT: I'm not trying to break the law. I was just throwing out #2 in case there was some legal argument I was missing

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pelvic Floor Wax posted:

I [27f] just had a complicated root canal and my husband [31m] could care less

oh okay, your husband sounds like a bit of a dick and...

:stonk:

wtf happened between these 2 posts?

:whitewater:

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Want this on my tombstone

All this leads me to this trouble Ive been expereiencing with my network card — I am unable to find the drivers for it.

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

I [18F] read a conversation between my boyfriend [18M] and uncle [50+M] that I wasn't supposed to see that made me extremely uncomfortable
No, I wasn't snooping, haha

My boyfriend and I were laying in bed as he was visiting from his school (we're both freshmen in college) about 2 hours away. I was watching him play a game on his phone when he got a text from his uncle. He opened it, and naturally I read the beginning of their conversation at the top.. he quickly closed out the conversation and locked his phone. The conversation was as follows:

(other crude messages that I will not share as they didn't have to do with me, and I'm assuming his uncle was kidding) His uncle: "How's the pussy? 😺" (pussy as in mine....) My boyfriend: "Great 👌🏻 I'll tell you about it later"

I couldn't even believe what I read, I was mostly just disgusted and felt a little disrespected on his uncle's part. It creeped me out a bunch. My boyfriend doesn't know I saw it so I feel like I shouldn't say anything.

I've met his uncle a few times and he seemed pretty normal.. when we were a bit younger (16/17) his uncle would buy my boyfriend condoms for us and tell him to be careful. He even offered up his house/to rent us a motel room a few times because we couldn't do much at our houses. I kinda brushed it off as his uncle trying to be the cool uncle. My boyfriend told me that his uncle said I'm really pretty and that he did a good job.

His uncle is over 50 and married with two children 24+ and grandchildren. I'm friends with his uncle on Facebook and sometimes he posts strangely suggestive Facebook memes.. I just think it's kind of inappropriate.

I really don't know what to think/do. I didn't mean to intrude on my boyfriends private conversation but it was right there so I just read it. I'm scared to say anything. My boyfriend and I have been together for around 3 years now and he's always been respectful and loving towards me. I know him and his uncle are super close and it kind of just seems like his uncle acts a little bit like a teenager, but I just think it's kind of weird...

Any advice?

TL;DR: Read a pretty gross conversation between my boyfriend and his uncle, feeling really uncomfortable now

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

lmao there's a loving update to the hotdog battle where it turns out he's been using it as an excuse to visit his ex on the DL

hahah

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ever since I[26/F] gave birth to my son[>1/M], my husband's [27/M] sister [24/F], who has chosen a childfree lifestyle, has acting way out of hand.

My husband and I have been together 8 years, married 2 years. I gave birth to our first child less than a year ago.
My husband's sister is a hardcore childfree person, she keeps saying she doesn't hate kids but she does a lot of stuff which makes it seems like she does (more on this in a bit). I want to say I don't have a problem with people being childfree, I don't want to tell other people how to live their lives, just like I don't want people to tell me how to live my own life.
The problem is, ever since my husband and I announced we were planning on having kids, and especially since our son was born, my husband's sister has been stuffing her childfree views down our throats to a point where I've started feeling like she is harassing us.
Whenever she is in the same room as any of us, she starts talking about how it is selfish to have kids (mostly environmental stuff) or about how she thinks that no one actually want kids and people just have kids out of obligation or she starts telling stories about experiences she has had with bad parents like those stories apply to all parents. There's no point in trying to argue with her or to even try and give her "my point of view" on these things or she'll immediately accuse me of trying to "convert" her.
Her attitude towards our kid has also been outright cruel/nasty and when she is called out on it, she gets mean. An example; my husband and I was visiting my husband's parents and my husband's sister suddenly showed up on a surprise visit. All of us were in the living room talking when my son started crying and I went to find out why. The moment I got back, my husband's sister said; "Oh my god, don't go to him whenever he starts crying, you're teaching him he'll get whatever he wants by crying, you raising an entitled brat ..." ect. I didn't even bother trying to talk to her about it, and my husband's mother got pretty upset about it anyway and gave her a stern talk. Later on, I found my husband's sister looking down on our son while he outside in his stroller crying, telling him; "Yeah, you just keep crying, I don't give a poo poo". I told her my son was crying because he was cold and once again she just said "No, he is crying because you are giving him attention".
Two weeks ago, my husband's family was hosting an easter dinner and most of my husband's family had shown up. A lot of people were fawning over our son, which apparently made my husband's sister upset, she went around bitching about how people shouldn't bring small children to "parties" (it was just dinner) and how my husband and I was acting entitled bringing our kid like that. A lot of people got mad at her and told her off. The next day she sent an incredibly mean text to me and my husband about how it was our fault.
I told my husband at that point that I was putting my loving foot down and that I no longer wanted any contact with his sister. I told him I would not attend another event with her present and that I would no longer talk to her. My husband agreed his sister was getting out of hand, but he also thinks I am overreacting.
I just really don't see any other way to solve this problem. I've tried being direct with her and tell her to stop, I've tried to reason with her and I've tried to ignore her. Any advice?
TL;DR My husband's sister is childfree, she doesn't like our son and is making a point out of telling me and my husband how bad people we are for having kids.

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

PleasingFungus posted:

from a few pages back, but this boyfriend is a heck of a catch

Lol wow

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

[MONKEY NOISES]

Nice.

"a certain social network"

It's fetlife

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
My [18M] girlfriend of 3 months [18F] wants to try heroin?

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Barudak posted:

I googled it and google cant come up with anything. Did she build an algorithm for worst possible name or what happened?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1040470 this is the original post

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

Me [20s M] with my girlfriend [20s F] of 18 months, concerns about weird porn habits (NSFW text)

Sorry in advance, on my phone and don't type long things on here ever.

So I've been with this girl for a year and a half now and we're at that stage where we want to get a place together, but there's been one issue that has come up more and more as we talk about it and I feel like we're getting nowhere on it.

So she likes weird porn, especially furry and dragon porn. And she is really, really into it too.

At first I didn't care even though I wasn't interested in it at all, I even tolerated the bad dragon sex toys, but it's gotten to be an issue.

First of all, and yes, this is embarassing to write out, but she'll make remarks sometimes when playing with toys like "if this was a real dragon I'd cum in seconds" or if looking at some porn she'll say "I'd let that dragon gently caress me even if it kills me afterwards" or "I'd gently caress that anthro wolf if it was real and is be mad if you didn't let me".

Like, am I being ridiculous for being upset by these comments? I've told her to not make such... Direct? Cheaty? Degrading? Comments before but she just laughs it off every time like it's ridiculous for me to be upset by it. She can have her fantasy, that's fine and I have my own, but I'd never loving say something like "if only Lara croft were sucking my cock instead" during a blowjob. Literally feel like I can't compare to something imaginary, yet at the same time if I voice a concern about it I all I get is "it's just imaginary".

Secondly, she talks about this stuff with other people. I don't think she's doing anything cheaty, but at the same time I just don't like her talking about porn with other people so frequently. A joke here and there would be fine, but she has accounts and friends lists and relationships built around this stuff. Not only does it feel like a large part of her life I can't participate in and one more thing I can't fulfill for her, but she has a few relationships that borderline inappropriate. I'm talking hours a week or more with specific people, just talking about their favorite artists and sharing porn pictures and talking about their bad dragon toys. I don't get it, I don't like it, but every time i try to voice a concern about that all I'm told is its no big deal and that she can't talk to me about it so she needs to talk to somebody...

But, lastly, and the one big hurdle before getting our own place. She says she needs to masturbate to furry porn at least once a day. needs.

We've talked this over so many times, and I hit an absolute dead wall every time. I'm told that when we move in together she is going to masturbate to furry or dragon porn when I'm at work, every day, and that during weekends or holidays she might go to another room and do it.

That's the best she says she can do.

I'm still loving shocked by this, honestly, and its a big reason why I'm not jumping at an opportunity to get a place together yet.

Am I wrong about this? I have a huge sex drive, I might jerk off if she's gone all day, but to actually loving plan it out that she will every time I'm gone and to tell me that she might when I am home. gently caress. The thought of us watching TV or something and her leaving to masturbate alone makes me loving angry and feel pathetic and I can't loving deal with that.

But she says that's how it has to be. That this is just too large a part of her life.

Can anyone help me out here? I'm losing sleep over this poo poo. I don't want to lose her but I just don't think I'll be okay with this behavior if we were to move in together.

tl;dr: girlfriend is seriously into furry porn, making me feel inadequate, says that it is a MUST in our relationship that she masturbate to it regularly even if we move in together.

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

Me [38F] with my son [16M] I'm absolutely terrified of my son's internet relationship
Morning everyone, I've been struggling recently with something out of the norm, my child's internet relationship.

I'm a single mother and my son is 16 years old. He has the same routine everyday when he gets home from school. He comes home, briefly tells me hello, grabs a soda before going into his room, shuts the door and stays on his computer till sometimes as late as 3 am.

He has done this since he was about 13 and his grades at school reflect it. He's failing all his classes and lacks the motivation to do anything.

He plays a video games pretty much all day long and is on some sort of voice program where he talks to his friends that live across the country. Most of them seem like normal people, but one friend he talks to in particular, who we'll call Peyton, is rather concerning. My son's room is fairly close to my own, and I can occasionally hear the muffled atrocities, anger, and down-right disgusting behavior that emanate from his speakers. I hear Peyton yelling things like "talk to me on more time and you gonna get you are skull cracked" or "do you wana suck mine arse". This is only a small fraction of the things I hear on a daily basis, usually its him screaming like an absolute maniac out of anger or trying to bring my son down.

The thing I find most concerning is why my son continues to affiliate himself with Peyton, why would you want to be around someone so angry, so vicious, so.... terrifying. But he talks to him every single day for sometimes 8+ hours.

Should I sit him down and have a conversation with him? I have no idea what to say. Any advice is appreciated, especially from parents who are in a similar situation.

edit: I also forgot to mention one of the scariest parts about this, my son is dead set on meeting this guy....

tl;dr: My son is in an abusive relationship online and I don't know what to do

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
My BF [24M] insists on hand-washing my [19F] bras and panties himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

My [26f] husband of 2 years [30m] is obsessed with Japanese culture/anime and it's really grating on my nerves. Is it wrong to ask him to tone it down?
I shouldn't be surprised - I met him in Japan actually. But it's only now that we're married and have been living together for a while that I'm realizing the extent of his interest and frankly it makes me uncomfortable and I'm starting to get really annoyed.

I feel like he idealizes Japanese culture to a creepy extent. There are a lot of unpleasant aspects of Japanese culture that I'd prefer my husband to at least acknowledge. But it's always "better in Japan" than in North America. I don't understand why, but it seems like a kind of escapism for him? I thought the country was nice enough and the people were friendly, but I sure as hell wouldn't ever want to live there full time. It's not easy being a western woman in Japan.

That alone wouldn't be a huge deal, except I feel like I'm surrounded by it all the time. He is constantly watching anime and pouts when I don't want to watch it with him. The anime he likes is very obviously geared toward children and has a lot of weird pre-pubescent homoerotic undertones going on (think shirtless 13 year old boys complimenting each other on their muscle structure). I just don't get it. I don't enjoy watching it. But he has it running almost all the time.

If he's not watching anime, he's listening to the theme songs (which he can't even understand, but he even listens to it in the shower!), posting in anime-related subreddits, or playing an anime-themed game on his phone when we sit down to watch a movie.

It's gotten to the point that I'm almost instantly annoyed as soon as I hear japanese coming from the TV. I just can't get away from it. I find the whole thing really childish and as much as I love my husband, I'm struggling to turn a blind eye to it all and it's affecting how I see him. It's hard to pull him away from the anime to spend time with me. It's also kind of embarrassing for me when we are out with friends and my husband leads every conversation toward Japan.

Most of the people I know who went through a japan phase grew out of it by their 20s, so that's basically my only frame of reference here. I just don't understand his hobby and as much as I just want him to do what makes him happy, it's effecting my life too. If I have to hear the naruto theme song one more time I'm afraid I might snap.

Would it be wrong of me to say something? I'm not really sure what to do here. Thanks!

TL;DR - Husband watches anime constantly and leads every conversation toward how much better Japan is than our home country, and it's really getting on my nerves. Would it be wrong of me to say something? How do I even approach it?? Thanks!

from the comments-

quote:

I love good, adult-oriented anime. It's not an issue with the genre at all, when it's done well it's great.

The problem is, he's watching WAY more kid-oriented things like Naruto or those sports-oriented ones like Haikyuu. I just don't see the appeal of watching a junior high school volleyball team play volleyball for 500 episodes. There was also a bicycle racing one he was into for a while that honestly really creeped me out - way too many zoom-ins on 12 year old boys' thigh muscles for my taste. The main characters are all children with child-like problems and every episode is the same, but he has to watch all of them in order. I just don't get it. Trust me, I've tried to get into it, I just.. can't.