Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Yawgmoth posted:

If you're in the passing lane and someone wants to pass you, you should get over. She didn't cut him off, he finally moved over and she blitzed past him. Not saying that tailgating and losing her poo poo is appropriate or acceptable, but he's not blameless here; if he's not going passing speeds, he shouldn't be in the passing lane.

He drives like a 90 year old grandma.
She drives like a psycho.
Thus, they are both bad (for different reasons) and should both get the gently caress off the road.

you dont know if he (the husband) was driving the car or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Cthulu Carl posted:

If she couldn't pass because of cars, maybe he couldn't get over because of cars, too. She also explicitly says she cut him off.

Maybe the truth is in the middle.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

54 40 or gently caress posted:

If someone tailgates you, just brake check them
TFW you ruin someone's insurance rates and then, surprise, it's your wife

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

boner confessor posted:

you dont know if he (the husband) was driving the car or not

if the husband was driving she'd recognize the car lol yawgmoth

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

fruit on the bottom posted:

Maybe the truth is in the middle.

I dunno, I think there were only two lanes.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Cthulu Carl posted:

I dunno, I think there were only two lanes.

Not if you're on a motorcycle.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

The worst consequences of him driving slowly for her were, at worst, she gets home a few minutes later.
Until you drive in any sort of inclement weather, when having some idiot driving >10mph slower than anyone else means people have to hit their brakes to avoid hitting you (and thus causing someone to hydroplane and making a lot more than 3 corpses). Being an obstacle on the road is not something you should be, or be proud of; there's a reason some states use the speed of traffic as the law or as an affirmative defense against speeding. Drive the speed of traffic so traffic can move.

But this is already a stupid as gently caress argument so I'm going to cut you off and not keep arguing it. Possibly while flipping you off, depends on if my window's down or not.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

food court bailiff posted:

if the husband was driving she'd recognize the car lol yawgmoth

he may have been driving the coworkers car, and they may have been on a limited access road vs just a multilane road, but there's a ton of question marks there versus two things we know, the OP has a history of moving violations and was driving very aggressively - enough to have been pulled over and possibly arrested had a cop seen it

...so we're pretty much all queued up for a derail where people set their assumptions based on what makes them maddest and then post from there

Yawgmoth posted:

Until you drive in any sort of inclement weather, when having some idiot driving >10mph slower

we dont know how fast or slow the other car was going. we only have the word of an admitted aggressive driver with multiple speeding tickets to go on. not a very reliable narrator imo

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Mar 28, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Drive carefully and reasonably, and don't drive aggressively. You will still get home just fine even if people drive side by side across all lanes at 60 on a 65 mph highway.

Also, I definitely don't care if you're pissed off that I'm in the passing lane overtaking someone by going 70 when they're going 60 on a 65 road and you feel the need to tail gate me through the entire pass then, despite having my blinker on, the moment there is a single car length between me and the car I passed you swerve into their lane, accelerate further, then swerve infront of me.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

yeah uh I don't let coworkers drive my car and I don't think most people do

occcam's razor man

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Crazy coworker [26F] is texting me [24M] telling me how much she is interested on me, trying to schedule to meet me after work, even though she knows I'm married and totally not interested.

quote:

First of all, sorry english is not my first language.

So, it is as the title says.

We work at the same office, she sits on the desk across from mine and is married as well as I'm, and recently we've been talking more with each other, but nothing out of the ordinary. (I have a good relationship with pretty much everyone here, except for Carl - gently caress you Carl and your credit stealing habits!)

Just cheap chat about regular stuff (how was the weekend, look this funny video, what do you think about this, that, etc).

Then she started texting telling me that she is surprised about how easy is to talk to me and how she enjoys how the conversation just flows. And I was "cool, me too, you're nice."

Last week I left my car at the Auto Repair, since the brake started to make a funny noise, and since she lives 2 blocks away from where I live, I asked for a ride home.

We are on traffic going home, talking about regular stuff, then she brings the subject again about how nice our convesations have been, and I agree. I have plenty female friends, so this is not uncommon for me.

Then she starts talking about how interesting is that we have some different opinions about stuff but we get along well anyways, and I'm "yeah, sure".

This is when I noticed things got fuckin' weird. She then says she started looking at me differently, and that she's attracted by me and put her hand on my tight.

I thanked her and told she's nice and good-looking, but we're just collegues, we're both married, I respect her but I'm not interested, so no way anything is going to happen.

The rest of the ride was an awkward silence.

When I got home, she kept texting me about how we're getting along so well and stuff, how she is not in the best moment in her marriage, etc. Then I received a lot of instagram notifications of her mass-liking my photos.

I replied the texts trying not to be rude, saying that maybe she should use her energy and time to resolve the problems she is having at home instead of... this. At this point I think she is crazy and the best way to avoid any problems is to just dismiss the crazy poo poo she is saying and keep it cool and distant, since we work together in a 55 people company.

She says it's not just physical attraction, and that she's jealous and can't stand see my wife's posts on instagram with me. Red alert!

And now she wants to meet me after work or during the lunch brake out of the office, to talk about things.

I haven't told any of this to my wife yet, and I was not planning to do so, since she is way too stressed out recently with her job and some problems with her parents.

So I'd like to know from the All-Might & All-Knowing Reddit how:

To avoid this crazy lady getting more crazy and try cause problems at work and with my marriage?

Wives of reddit, if you were my wife, would you like me to tell you what's happening or just deal with it?

My plan so far is to let her know AGAIN that I'm not interested, just play it cool and dismiss what she is saying, slowly decreasing the number of interaction we have until everything fades into a regular coworker stuff.

tl;dr: crazy married female collegue wants me, but I'm just want her to stop being crazy. How to do that? Should I tell my wife (stressed about other stuff) what's going on or just deal with it?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

In the comments she reveals he uses public toilets and pisses on the seat.

If this is true, then by god I hope its a made up account because otherwise death is too kind a fate for such a person.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Barudak posted:

If this is true, then by god I hope its a made up account because otherwise death is too kind a fate for such a person.

But then why is Denis Leary still alive?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

zakharov posted:

Crazy coworker [26F] is texting me [24M] telling me how much she is interested on me, trying to schedule to meet me after work, even though she knows I'm married and totally not interested.

Woman crazy is seriously way more interesting than man crazy because it's usually things that are difficult to be actionable about.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Barudak posted:

To make it worse, he walks around in the summertime saying "how about this heat?"

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

zakharov posted:

quote:

I haven't told any of this to my wife yet, and I was not planning to do so, since she is way too stressed out recently with her job and some problems with her parents.

lol, no way that doesn't come back to bite him when the crazy snaps.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I know wife is stressed, but this feels like one of those things that can go real badly if he doesn't handle everything in the most above-board way possible. I say tell her.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Yeah he needs to tell his wife pronto and save screen shots.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

No no, he should let this fester and explode so we get an update where he has had to run away from home and become a chicken juggler but the woman keeps stalking him.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Ouhei posted:

lol, no way that doesn't come back to bite him when the crazy snaps.

fruit on the bottom posted:

I know wife is stressed, but this feels like one of those things that can go real badly if he doesn't handle everything in the most above-board way possible. I say tell her.

zakharov posted:

Yeah he needs to tell his wife pronto and save screen shots.

:agreed: holy mother of god dude run to your wife with this information before your coworker realizes your wife doesn't know yet and tries to implode your marriage

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

If someone tailgates you, just brake check them

The joys of driving a truck with a steel bumper. I have been rear ended god only knows how many times, pulled over to look and my car is 100% fine, maybe a little paint transfer to the bumper, their car? Needs a new front end.

note: I don't actually brake check people because that's loving dangerous.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Mar 28, 2017

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Dude who found the guy cucking him in the closet is a retard for even considering sticking around. I don't know if I could walk away peacefully in that circumstance, but if I could then the wife would be leaving amd I would be changing the locks.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Yeah but with that one I am actually interested in what the wife has to say. He admits she says she's been saying that she's been unhappy for a year, that he's always angry, that she was scared of him yelling. Those are some :redflag: on his part

Pelvic Floor Wax
Jul 21, 2007

I [27f] just had a complicated root canal and my husband [31m] could care less

quote:

My uncle drove me and paid for me to get a much needed root canal that was only supposed to take an hour and ended up taking 3.
I come home and need to eat so I can take my antibiotics and pain pills and asked my husband to help me and he's too busy with his video games.
So now I'm laying down crying and the more I cry the more it hurts :(
Tl;dr: I just need a friend to calm me down

oh okay, your husband sounds like a bit of a dick and...

quote:

Sorry I'm wrong. I should have never posted this. I was wrong. He was right

:stonk:

wtf happened between these 2 posts?

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pelvic Floor Wax posted:

:whitewater:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Yeah but with that one I am actually interested in what the wife has to say. He admits she says she's been saying that she's been unhappy for a year, that he's always angry, that she was scared of him yelling. Those are some :redflag: on his part

I am pretty sure being yelled at is a reasonable expectation in that situation if your husband is the second coming of Jesus Christ

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 28, 2017

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pelvic Floor Wax posted:

She took the painkillers.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Psycho Society posted:

Women are different from men. Strange but true

hosed up if true.

Pick posted:

If men fighting in the Civil War and the 30 Years War and World War I and the rest of the world's most godforaken horrific conflicts could write heartfelt, emotional passages and today's man can only manage a "u wan some fuk?" before he melts down into a rage then maybe we should examine how modern marketing and advertising forces mold people into consumers who are no longer competent to solicit and receive comfort and wellbeing from other human beings.

Pick you are seeming a bit more unhinged and, even worse, less funny than usual. If this is a gimmick I suggest you give it up. This generalization is just as ridiculous as "women are too emotional therefore they cannot be trusted with serious decisions"

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

drat there was really no way I thought I could possibly be on the husband's side...and then the text.

Husband (35m) took the keys to my car (28f) and says he'll give them back in a week

My girlfriend and I had to come to a mutual agreement that she wasn't able to drive anymore. It's definitely different than this case but the plain fact was she was horrible at driving and a danger to herself, those around her, and especially our cars. The last time I purchased the insurance on the car (because her rates were way too high) and then she crashed it. I told her she was done, I wouldn't insure any more cars for her and she would have to make alternate arrangements for transportation for the foreseeable future.

Obviously that's not the same situation totally but there are some parallels. She's a dangerous driver, it's his car, and he has the right to disallow her using it. Phrasing it as concern for her own safety and those of others is probably his best move, not whining about how she embarrassed him in front of his coworker.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Pelvic Floor Wax posted:

Holy poo poo. Someone call the police

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

So is that the baby shoes, never worn of /r/relationships? Jesus christ, so much implied in so few words.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Play posted:

hosed up if true.

Pick you are seeming a bit more unhinged and, even worse, less funny than usual. If this is a gimmick I suggest you give it up. This generalization is just as ridiculous as "women are too emotional therefore they cannot be trusted with serious decisions"

My girlfriend and I had to come to a mutual agreement that she wasn't able to drive anymore. It's definitely different than this case but the plain fact was she was horrible at driving and a danger to herself, those around her, and especially our cars. The last time I purchased the insurance on the car (because her rates were way too high) and then she crashed it. I told her she was done, I wouldn't insure any more cars for her and she would have to make alternate arrangements for transportation for the foreseeable future.

Obviously that's not the same situation totally but there are some parallels. She's a dangerous driver, it's his car, and he has the right to disallow her using it. Phrasing it as concern for her own safety and those of others is probably his best move, not whining about how she embarrassed him in front of his coworker.

Well we are having people advocating literal biotruths so it's seems weird to single pick out.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I am pretty sure being yelled at is a reasonable expectation in that situation if your husband is the second coming of Jesus Christ

Sorry, to be perfectly clear I don't think she should be given a pass because that's really lovely, I'm just actually interested in the relationship as a whole.

DrPlump posted:

She took the painkillers.

Good god I hope that's all this is

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well we are having people advocating literal biotruths so it's seems weird to single pick out.

Pick is pretty consistent.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Meridian posted:

Pick is pretty consistent.

I assume she is parodying those idiots that are unironically using the women are more emotional thing.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

I assume she is parodying those idiots that are unironically using the women are more emotional thing.

You are real mad about this

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Psycho Society posted:

You are real mad about this

Yeah

Well more disappointed really.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Mar 28, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Mostly just gbs is lovely so I poo poo it up harder and see what happens.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlestheHammer posted:

Calm down you are being hysterical.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Play posted:

Do you also walk around wondering why people are just so gosh darn racist against white folk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Danaru posted:

My parents [59F,60M] and brother [19M] are pressuring me [23 M] to give my brother one of my kidneys

:eyepop: dude loving run you're going to wake up in a bathtub full of ice

My [60m] good-for-nothing step-son [19m] refuses to finally be of use after all I've done for him, and is choosing to not let his half-brother [23m] have a kidney. The balls on this kid!

I know it's from 200+ posts ago, but