Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...
My boyfriend's kink is receiving any kind of shame, anger, disappointment or admonishment whatsoever, how do I turn this into a successful long-term relationship?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Leon Einstein posted:

Yeah, don't make him wear a condom or anything you dumbshit.

This is how dumb kids get conceived.
Seriously, this should be the absolute first lesson to girls in sex ed: If he says he's an expert at the pull-out method, he's either somebody who will fail at doing it at some point or he will pretend to fail at doing it at some point.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

My son, who I never really instilled much of an education on proper nutrition growing up except to burn into his brain that I disapprove of going to the gym because it's a conspiracy by BIG HEALTH, ate himself silly during his high school years in a house that was always stocked exclusively of junk food and I never felt engaged enough to figure out why. So, after moving out from being under my care without any support or assistance from me, his horrible eating habits immediately disappeared, which is great despite the fact that replacing his fat with muscles is literally killing him. Anyways, why does he act so resentful towards me even though I have two non-fat kids as well thus proving it's entirely his fault?

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

She's delusional and simply refuses to give her kid the opportunity she had and benefitted from, I'll never understand that.
It's called being an objectivist.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

If it's real, then either there were a million signs she's a controlling lunatic over the last 3 years he was too clueless to notice, or we are getting a very one-sided account of this ultimatum.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

scrubs season six posted:

This woman is dating a literal baby.
I thought the point of girls dating older men was because they had their poo poo together. I guess I just don't understand the depths of loneliness, but I cannot fathom why all these women are in long term relationships with a guy who is 15 years older but still immature, unless there guys are multi-millionaires.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Charles Get-Out posted:

Me [24F] with my boyfriend [46M] lied to me about his age and I'm not sure I can get over it.

tl;dr: I got into an online relationship with a literal manchild and trapped myself in his web of insecurities. Also I think he's gross now and I could be his daughter, but I can power through not being attracted to him somehow right??
"My boyfriend kept a major lie about being a decade older than he claimed from me for over a year, and when finally caught he provided another bullshit lie to explain his reason for that lie, but also he's like my best friend. Also, I lost my sexual desire for him. Reddit, please confirm that once I marry him and start a family, these issues will disappear."

Look, I know the longer you commit yourself to another human being, the more difficult it seems to sever and how it almost feels like that time is wasted, but half of these r/relationship posts are so depressing on a "if I just keep gambling eventually I'll make enough money to pay off all these gambling debts" level.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Chichevache posted:

Maybe when you two have children together it will get better and you will be attracted to her. :shrug:
r/relationships 3.0 - Get married and have a kid and it'll work out fine.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Jenner posted:

I tried to read it, I really did, but I got overwhelmed by second hand shame and embarrassment and had to stop.
Yeah, I'm sure it's great, but I already struggle to get through some of the deeply uncomfortable and depressing posts in this thread.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

what was her actual thought process? That's completely bonkers
Her thought process was that wanting to gently caress other people is something you can just work out of your system. This is because her view of relationships is skewed into thinking it's like the movies, hence being concerned that he might never have the chance to be with another woman even though they've only been dating a few months.

Also, even if you think this is a good idea, why would you let that person be a friend you talk to every day jfc

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

That amazingly lame story about the dude who "mistakenly" told his girlfriend that he loves her is hilariously dumb for too many reasons, but most of all, who dates someone for over a year and feels no love for them? I assume he's just stereotypically afraid of being alone, but come on bro. Why bother dating a person long-term that you don't actually care for? It's extremely unfair to her too.
Take the "dating a person for a year and feeling ambivalent about the relationship" and add "please, anonymous people on the internet, explain how I get out of this predicament of telling someone I love them". Together you have the prologue of an entire book detailing the failings of modern society/technology which has led so many people to have absolutely no understanding of human empathy, social skills, self-esteem or dealing with any emotional conflict whatsoever.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Chichevache posted:

Loveless relationships exclusively happen to millenials? Huh. Then how would you explain my parents?
Nah, every generation is screwed up in it's own way. The baby boomer method was to just bury all resentment deep inside, and leads to statements like "Well, these millennials need to suck it up, I grew up in [antiquated parenting method] just fine!" as declared by someone who is a complete neurotic mess.

But the pattern of asking random people you don't know how to resolve an issue that's been eating you up inside for six months and could be cleared up with a single sentence of human interaction that might make you feel a smidge uncomfortable? This seems really common with young people at /relationships these days.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

[M28]My friend [M34] is dating a 16 year old and I don't know what to do to stop him.

Jesus...

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Panfilo posted:

gently caress, here I am spending the last fifteen years of my life dedicated to being a more considerate and productive human being, and I'm reading about a legion of pissbabies that are getting away with poo poo my partners wouldn't tolerate 5% of. I've wasted my life :qq:
It does make me wonder if there is a woman out there for me that is 10+ years younger who I could be at my most lazy, immature and selfish version and that still would make me a wonderful catch compared to the other older guys she's been with. But no, I decided to settle for a girlfriend who expects me to be reasonably well-adjusted for my age like a sucker.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

I feel like if it's been 1.5 years, you really need to get over yourself using the bathroom with your partner nearby. It's like passing gas, of course you'll do everything to hide it when you start dating because you're in that weird mindset of trying to present an idealized version of yourself, but at a certain point you need to drop the illusion.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

loquacius posted:

I also don't really get how you can go from "I have a weird crush on my coworker" to "I will consent to my S/O loving randos with no restrictions in perpetuity so I can even take one swing at hitting on my coworker who has given me no actual indication that they are interested" but multiple of these stories have started off that way

It's always amazing to see someone who manages to override any notion of common sense because of a sexual fantasy playing out in their head, especially when they are in their loving mid-thirties. Like, that's an immense amount of emotional immaturity and cognitive dissonance.

- Assuming a woman you work with and don't know personally who is nice and friendly secretly wants you.
- Then going further and assuming that not only does she want you, she wants you in the context of being your sexual sidepiece, not your girlfriend.
- Then being so certain of this, you are willing to harass your current girlfriend into accepting this arrangement.

Her turning out to be a lesbian is the best thing at the end of the story.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Leon Einstein posted:

That woman is an idiot. Oh no, my boyfriend doesn't want to be celibate. How can I make him override all of his biological functions so he's as broken as I am?
He's equally an idiot by getting into a relationship with someone saying she's celibate on the first date and hoping his desire of sex will just naturally go away with time.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It is literally impossible to have a monogamous relationship and meet in the middle if one party is non-sexual. In every single instance, the sex wanter is assuming they can convert their partner.

E: But do keep us posted if there are any updates. I wanna see where this one goes.
If she's smart, it goes nowhere. Literally every single comment on that one is telling her to sever and also that they both are insane for thinking things would have worked out to begin with.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

My (25F) boyfriend (28M) of 4 years is a party pooper

- My guess is contrary to her claims, her boyfriend actually is an introvert and work functions already drain him. She needs to work on making friends without having to have him around.

Me [23F] with my SO [24 M] of 5 years who I love but who I've been emotionally abusive towards recently

- I've got good news for this lady worried about her behaviour coming back - you don't need to worry about that. He probably already dumped you but is using the "temporary break" because he's too much of a coward to pull the bandaid off all at once.

My boyfriend (23) frustrates me (f23) when he plays c.o.d for multiple days straight

- I've been reticent about bringing up my interest in gaming to potential partners for a long time because most of them have a story of dealing with someone like this. Gamers: Stop being a lazy rear end, and choose between having a bachelor lifestyle and having another human being in your life that you have to acknowledge sometimes.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Yeah, that one is amazing. But it kind of fits with a lot of the other ones, really. It's not much different from ones like "How do I stop my girlfriend from loving other men after I emotionally hijacked her into doing it over six months because I thought I was getting a side piece?"

It's basically the monkey's paw in real life. People seem to resent getting exactly what they ask for because they also had the hubris to believe that everything is like primetime television where you just set certain things in motion and predictable results ensue.

"I pressured her to have a kid she had zero interest in, and now she has zero interest in it! She was supposed to fall in love with the kid when she held it in her arms!"

Like, I bet that she clearly stated multiple times that if she was forced to keep the baby, it would be entirely his responsibility, and he nodded every loving time.

kuddles fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 6, 2016

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Unironically, I would sever because if this is his behaviour attached to something you own that is used to brush your hair everyday, he is bound to have disgusting habits and/or disrespects you in numerous ways you haven't discovered yet.

Like, even if I somehow got to the point of just HAVING to stick my girlfriend's brush up my rear end, I would buy a replacement hopefully before she even found out.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

I don't understand what his problem is. She already let him know that his black friend is one of the good ones. And now she is hysterical if he tries to leave the house, and that's a good sign that she is devoted.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

I can't even imagine being married to a woman for 10 years who is upset by the suggestion of a handjob.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

YeahTubaMike posted:

:catstare:

what the gently caress is wrong with people

It's weird that thinking she might have met someone and was banging them and came up with a terrible excuse for it is the scenario I have for giving her the benefit of the doubt.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

I'm jealous of their son.

Also, the biggest lesson I learned when I was young was to communicate issues in a calm manner, and usually that helped fix things real fast. It's astounding how many people at supposedly adult ages in these stories like the wife take the tack similar to "I don't want to talk to my son about what I saw, so instead I'm going to ostracize him without telling him why and fume internally for months."

kuddles fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Nov 8, 2016

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Another marriage ruined by a Jack Reacher movie.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

loquacius posted:

I didn't read much of that one honestly because it read exactly like a strawman of exactly what the right wing thinks about trans people w/r/t bathrooms. The political cartoon thread ruins everything.
Actually, it reads like the truth to me: It's a regular straight dude who is being a creep and not even trying to hide it.

EDIT: I looked up the posting to see if he even tried wearing women's clothing, and apparently it was updated and, big surprise, he's a terrible right-wing rear end in a top hat. (Bob is now PBH.)

quote:

Sorry it took so long for an update.

I read everyone's comments and PMs that were sent, so thanks to everyone for giving helpful advice. A lot of you said that Linda and I should go to HR ASAP for something like this, others of you warned that going to HR may be a bad move and Linda and I could be fired for it. I was more concerned about Linda and I losing our jobs, so I wanted to be careful on how we proceeded in our next steps.

Linda and I decided it would be best to start documenting anything weird Princess Banana Hammock (PBH) did in the restroom. We created a shared spreadsheet and made sure to keep a list of dates and times, and a note about what we witnesses. We were even able to have a few other women in the office contribute to our list as well. As many of you mentioned a lot of things PBH did could be easily defended, e.g.: Looking through slots - it was an accident; jerking off in the toilet - no one saw it, the sounds I make in the stall are no one's business; following people into the bathroom - coincidence; walking up and down the stall area - no rule says i have to use a toilet every time I go to the restroom, etc.

The spreadsheet began to grow over the past few weeks, PBH continued to do the same things I mentioned for the most part, PBH also started to knock on stalls to see if it was occupied, it's also pretty easy to see if someone is in the stall, btw. I started to bring a hoodie to work to drape over the very last stall (like hanging from one corner to block the gap) in the restroom to ensure privacy, and encouraged others to do the same. Although there was one time when PBH "accidentally" knocked my hoodie off. You would have had to push up on the fabric to get it to fall off, ugh.

Others of you mentioned we should try to get to know PBH a little better, others suggested that maybe PBH was actually a trans person and Linda and I should be opened minded to the fact that they just may be super awkward about transitioning and don't know how to behave.

Well, as it turns out, they really were just pretending to be trans to be a dick. Not sure if I mentioned in the last post, but Linda and I work in the US, you may have heard about several states introducing some extreme anti-LGBT laws, or "bathroom bills." We live in one of those states. Unfortunately.

I know people who are both extremely for and against this bill, it's not pretty here at all. Once this bill was passed PBH came to a sudden realization that what he was doing was wrong, and that he can't go against god's will to change his dna, and that he is a man, and we need to protect our women and children, blah blah blah. But, he was also laughing about all of this. And he stopped entering the women's bathroom after it passed, and went back to using his real name.

Fortunately, our company is against this bill and the bill still allows private companies to decide their own bathroom policy. Linda is still using the women's bathroom because that is where she feels comfortable, but she is of course more than devastated about this horrible anti LGBT bill. The icing on the cake was PBH asked Linda is she was going to start using the men's bathroom now since it's the right thing to do.

So, we went to HR! We showed HR the spreadsheet we've been making, and Linda told them about the comment that was said to her. He and Linda went through some mediation meetings, I think PBH will have to take some sort of HR training, but he won't be fired. I know our company doesn't like to fire people, they usually put them on a 2-3 month improvement plan. As far as I know, this kind of HR plan usually involves additional training, micromanaging, having to come in to work at a certain time, reporting to HR daily/weekly on your progress, etc. Also..as expected, when he was confronted with the spreadsheet of things we saw him do in the bathroom, he had a quick explanation for anything we heard or saw. And argued there was no real proof or evidence he did anything wrong. Linda and I both expressed that the company should do something to make the stalls more private - like getting new doors, or finding a way to add rubber blockers in the gap. HR agreed they would find a way to make the stalls more private.

It seems that even his teammates are growing tired of him, I've heard other people talking about him and how he's so full of himself, doesn't help others, that he practices kinda shady salesmanship to get new clients, like over-promising clients to get them to buy, which ends up making it nightmare for our client managers and tech support team. I'm hoping he ends up getting fired or just quits.

tl;dr: Anti-LGBT bill passes in our state, PBH saw the light and decided that he's always been a man anyway, laughed about it, stopped using the women's bathroom. Said a lovely thing to Linda, Linda and I went to HR with the spreadsheet and informed them about the comment. He's in HR remedial training for now, but won't be fired.

kuddles fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Nov 8, 2016

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

I love how many of these postings always bury the lede, which always tells that the person writing them must lack emotional awareness.

My girlfriend is using petnames with a co-worker, should this bother me?

P.S. They also spent one late night alone together where she ignored my existence and are making plans to do it again.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

lol reading through that post history, it wasn't until the second time that I actually caught "Males, where is the best place to meet young desperate females?"

Good lord...
I like reading through that list and coming up with a narrative for the dude. 29 year old virgin with huge social issues finally decides he wants to try out this sex thing, doesn't want to change his pathetic life to impress anyone so tries to find an underage girl with self-esteem issues, but after her refusal to do anal and request that he give oral decides that this whole girlfriend thing is too much of a hassle for him.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Leon Einstein posted:

That guy sounds terrible. Lingerie wasn't even the only gift. He complained about all of them.
Also, while I can understand being let down getting soap and pyjamas as an anniversary gift, the reason is likely that he is boring and has no real interests and/or is terrible about letting her know what he likes. Those literally sound like "I've been with this person two years and I have no clue what they're into" gifts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Oh my god, I can totally see that guy's entire immediate future in my head and it's a perfect cliché. Move to a new city where you don't know anybody other than a girl you are pining for. Offer to be a confidant where she can bitch about her boyfriend while he hopes she changes her mind about him. Eventually grow more resentful and broken as a human.

This is all assuming that just moving there doesn't immediately creep her out.