Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

proof of concept posted:

if I want to walk into a vitamins and supplements store and walk out with a tub full of powder that will make me high as gently caress, what's the best thing to purchase?

e: and more than just "shitload of caffeine" wired

My man have you tried working out on LSD?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Tiny Lowtax posted:

What.

Also for those asking about stuff for energy at the gym, have you considered cocaine?

I seriously knew a guy who would do coke while at the gym. It was one of those 24 hour gyms that don't have staff and he would just be doing bumps and reps for an hour or two every day. He was jacked so I guess it worked.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
I just experienced post thanksgiving gains today due to the large amount of ham, salami and brisket yesterday. Going 8 reps on the last set of deadlifts when I normally can only get 5 felt so drat good.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Does the spreadsheet at least have some cool VBA macros to show me what I need from nutritional macros?

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Pruney posted:

I have no noticeable effects that are on the list of celiac (other than the stuff that goes on in my gut)

Which sucks because I can't tell if food has gluten in or not

Though I will lose 10-15 years of my life if I continue to eat gluten :~(

Celiac also makes you a hungry skeleton, you can finally be swole if you turn to our lord and savior salami only.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Just lol if you aren't railing a line of coke between bench sets

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

Reminds me of the old dude I saw a couple of days ago, he just stood 2 meters away from the hottest girl in the gym and stared for five minutes. I stare just as much but I use the mirror technique since I think that makes me less creepy.

Same level of creepy, but you are only creepy if you get caught.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
True to his mantra, he has left humanity behind. Stay safe swole ghost

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Dilber posted:

My programming has cycles where I incline to above the chest, because I have an injury history in my shoulder and I get the same results as if I go all the way down, except with a decreased risk of injury .

Those dudes, probably not.

There is a difference between 2 inches above the chest and 2 inches of barbell travel

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
I feel when you disagree with someone in this thread about workout related items you must post a picture of yourself. The person being disagreed with does the same, and the SWOLEr man wins.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

sassassin posted:

haha and maybe they would pm you the pics instead of posting would that be better uh huh nice try but this hombre's staying out of your spank bank.

My gym has showers, why would I need the internet?

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Data Graham posted:

Not unless you've got some kind of next level double arm technique

There is one, it just takes two other guys to do.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
I like the Mio caffeine kind as a preworkout. I can add a squirt for ~40mg or a couple for more. Way cheaper than preworkout and I can add beet root powder and creatine to it easily.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Sludge Tank posted:

Whats a lug alarm

At Planet Fitness if you make too much noise an alarm goes off to shame you into being quiet. Also no stringer tank tops because you might intimidate someone by being in shape and comfortable with your body.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Sludge Tank posted:

Is 8 eggs a day too many

That many eggs is starting to push into choline depleting territory. You are probably fine, but I wouldn’t eat any more than that without finding some high choline foods to eat with them.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Diggus Bickus posted:

It could be one of those fringe theories like how vegans say milk depletes your bone calcium for all I know.

I had to go back and look, it was an old nootropic article about something else that needed extra choline and they recommended eggs as a choline rich food. I just remembered wrong.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

feelix posted:

Is there any evidence at all that "clean bulking" makes any difference over eating McDonald's
It seems like an extremely bro science concept

I mean your cholesterol and blood pressure would probably fair better without the huge amount of saturated fat and sodium contained in McD's food.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Khorne posted:

Chance of you benching again before the end of the week: 100%

FTFY

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
FUUCCKKK my gym announced they are closing in June due to a rent increase on the building. This leaves me with a real Sophie's choice.

A: The local Y, which is always busy as gently caress at all times of the day.
B: The other local gym which has dumbbells going to 50lbs and a smith machine only.
C: Planet Fitness.

Guess I'm waiting around for poo poo at the Y. This makes me so sad because my current gym is a room with two cages, a couple benches, and good selection of bars and dumbbells. They have some machines, 1 treadmill, and no other cardio equipment.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
No space in my apartment unfortunately, but I definitely would if I could.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Khorne posted:

Sounds like there are two Planet Fitness in your town.

I won't be that mean to the other local gym, it's heavily marketed to the middle aged women in the area.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

MikeCrotch posted:

so it's basically a planet fitness with no free pizza

No free pizza, free yoga classes with the membership.

The nearest Crossfit gym is 30+ minutes away depending on traffic, the Y is only about 10. I was wanting to move this spring, maybe I use this as a push to go somewhere that isn't poo poo.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
I tried the donut cake bites and threw out half a box. I feel dumb buying anything but whey powder anymore as at least half of the things I try are disgusting and the other half are mediocre.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Chinatown posted:

same but paintball. i go a few times a year and i can barely walk the next day.

its great.

I have the same problem, I tend to forget I’m not 16 anymore and slide way too much.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

UnfurledSails posted:

Lol goddamn I thought I was having trouble with squats today because I didn't have enough sleep for the past few days turns out I was using 35s instead of 25s and cranking out PRs

It's like finding a hundred in your pocket. Technically you already had it in you but still feels awesome

I did this on bench once wondering why 185 felt so difficult on sets of 5 but it was 205 the whole time. Felt real good when I realized my mistake.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Plantronics back beats are pretty good, but if you have a large neck the cord is a little short.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

TenementFunster posted:

backwards ballcap, basketball shorts, Beats by Dre Studios, and a superhero t shirt is the most cursed gym fit c/d

Add in a Gymshark lifting belt for things that definitely don't need a belt and then it is the most cursed outfit humanly possible.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
I've been busy after work every day this week and finally said gently caress it and went to the gym at 6am instead of 7pm. poo poo was like paradise as both benches, both squat racks, and half of the dumbbell benches were open. As much as I hate waking up in the morning I think I'm switching.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Do dad bods rich famous men make better boyfriends? The answer may surprise you.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
If by salami gains you mean rampant cancer then yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

TenementFunster posted:

mentally screaming LIGHT WEIGHT BABYYYYY before each and every set. warm up, max weight, cool down, just the bar: it’s always light weight, baby.

I also mentally channel my inner Ronnie whenever I do things at the gym.