Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Not realistic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBXtuE2BgaY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Cage posted:

Was on the treadmill for about 5 minutes yesterday when out of nowhere the guy sprinting two down shouted "Feel it! Live it!" and then nothing for 10 minutes until he got off and went into the bathroom.

He was p fit.

You should have followed his example, repeated it a minute later for someone else to hear, started a chain like the Five Monkeys Experiment

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Zzulu posted:

The hunger is just another form of pain

Let it linger, savour the suffering

Know that the tangiable misery you experience is proof that your body is burning and shedding, transforming and improving

My method is "eat so little that I go from Monday morning through Friday evening without taking a crap"

That means I'm at peak burn efficiency, right

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

FXNOW Every Simpsons Ever Randomizer for my cardio.

Some days are better than others

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So where's the smart money at on that whole "Slug down all the protein in the house within 1 hour of your weight circuit workout to maximize absorption, don't bother with protein throughout the rest of the day" theory?

Malarkey? Or effective way?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I've been eating so little carbs I'm probably on the edge of ketosis :negative:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

AAAAAAA gently caress YOU BOX JUMPS TWO DAYS AGO

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Or go to Home Depot and get some foam pipe insulation

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If you poop ever you're eating too much you disgusting pig

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You have to have full mirrored walls though or what's the point

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Try my 1 week plan to success

- F: catch mild cold; 300 workout
- S: carefully let cold incubate, continue not eating lunch per prior schedule
- S: dig hole in hot sun, dehydrate, 300 workout, lose verified 7 lbs
- M: ignore warning signs
- T: 300 workout, immediately lapse into near-coma
- W: deathly chills, limited awareness and lucidity
- Th: nose turns into faucet; 300 workout

Tomorrow will surely dawn bright and new

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I have this great big bed but I prefer sleeping on the couch next to it

5h a night average since college, it owns

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

LordArgh posted:

the brain uses sleep to consolidate memories and create neuronal connections involved in learning. if you don't require much sleep, that means you're basically a big dumb dumb. i'm sorry you had to find out this way

It would explain a lot

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Finishing my dunno-wtf-I'm-doing cut this week

I saw 160.0 as the low water mark this wkend, that's the least I've ever weighed as an adult, like by 15 lbs or so :stare:

Now into the no-sodium phase to round it off, get rid of the last bit of water-weight flab I can (still no abs, dammit)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Can you write me a prescription for this steroids & cum regimen you are promoting

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Amrap with a bunch of weight on top of you so that it will crush you when your strength gives out sure seems like a good idea

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I on the other hand am now doing a clueless version of bulking, which so far involves 1-2 hours of weight circuits and all the protein I can scrounge up

By-the-pound delis in Manhattan are great, a pound of loving steak and turkey in a bowl has a lot of grams of protein, and you pay the same as if you bought a pound of pasta

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I put in my time man

And I will again

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

They got their vivid story for the day's dinner table

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Well piss. This keeps happening to me

Every time I go out dirt biking or something where I go flying and take a blow to the chestal area, I get this crushing bruise on my ribs and can't fully inhale. Happened again this past weekend, and now I can't lift or do anything chest-related really.

I've had X-rays a couple of times when this has happened, but nobody ever finds anything, and I just have to sit and stew for 2-3 weeks or longer while it slooooowly clears up.

I don't think I'm unusually fragile, or at least I don't want to think so, but this happens over and over and it really annoys me

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah, usually it's impact that does it, but it's also happened when I was working on cars or the like (I was draping myself over a door sill to work on the pedals and suddenly I felt a pop and OOHH URRGHGHH GOOOODDD welp

To your advice, "don't fall off" could help

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sweet, thanks, now I know bruised ribs are a thing. I don't know whether I'm more susceptible to them than most, but I keep getting told to suck it up and be more manly, so maybe I just need to practice.

Haha lol wikihow

quote:

Manage your breathing. Before, the most commonly recommended treatment for bruised ribs was wrapping the ribcage in a compression bandage. Turns out that's a terrible idea, because restricted breathing can lead to complications like pneumonia. Repeat: don't wrap your ribs in an elastic compression bandage.

I love getting contradictory advice from different sources

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Odd number gets awkward

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That makes me worry about those people advocating tourniquets for low blood flow while lifting

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Doctor says "You're a big guy; you're carrying a lot of weight"

I'm like "HEY! :argh: ...Oh wait, that's not what he means"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

buddhanc posted:

I'm basically done bulking right now and I've gotten so much loving stronger. Been stuffing my maw all day everyday. But now I want prettiness. I need to find a good diet goons

I'm just starting bulking in earnest for the first time, it's scary

Like I've gotten so used to eating, like, an egg for lunch

Or a yogurt

Now I'm supposed to get a Mount Italy at Arbys and then keep snacking all afternoon, how can this be

Do I just eat as much meat and protein as possible, or wallow in the pastry aisle or what

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'd be happier with the $100

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I want to build an empire to house the machine to lift the weights!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Eat tubbo lard food, just lift all the time too and it'll go to the right place

It's surprising how quick it works, at least my untrained eyes think so

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Deadlifted so hard I can't move my butt muscles

I'll just sit on this chair forever

Next do too many squats

And enjoy your quads turning into jello and not being able to walk without locking your knees with every step so you look like some kind of tin soldier

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So wait, is 3 sets at max weight per session (once every 3-4 days) not a good approach for bulking?

Because like that's about all I can manage, I did 4 last night but didn't have a lot more in me

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I think you just owned your own butt tho

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Does a "plate" universally refer to a 45 or what?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

When I started this bulk phase 2 months ago I weighed 165 and could press 145

Now I can press 169 but I weigh 189

At this rate, uh

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Plus I know it's not too difficult for me to lose fat on a cut cycle, I dropped from 190 down to 165 last time in about 3 months. And when I start doing that again I'll be starting from a much different body shape than I had at the beginning of the last cycle.

(through my funhouse self-delusion glasses at least)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hey so

Hundreds of push-ups per day y/n ??

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hey some people are really into armpit muscles ok

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Goal: bodyweight bench press

Attempted to leap the gap between 169 and 184 represented by the next heaviest combination of plates available

Succeeded only in tweaking my neck

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

You'll get it soon, friend! So why do you have to jump from 169-184? No 5s or 10s? I'm right there with you. I'm weighing between 192-195 depending on how much creatine I've eaten lately and if I've shat. My last bench set I got 155x8 so I'm probably right there at a bodyweight bench for 1 rep max.

Yeah, 169 is 44 (bar) + (45 + 10 + 5 + 2.5) * 2. That's all the plates I have except for a couple of 25s, and 44 + 25 + 25 = 184. Maybe I can hang some bags of oranges off the ends or something to get me across the chasm

But yeah, it'll come. 3x8 is doable at 169 much more easily than it was a week or so ago; even if all I can think while I'm doing it is

Paper Diamonds posted:

You either finish the rep, or you die. :kheldragar: