Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Zzulu posted:

my face does that

i get red in the face real easy

Like, I don't even have to lift very hard

lots of face blood

Me too dog. I've got the Danish ancestry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Green Crayons posted:

been lifting for ~3 years now and never done a pre-workout (other than coffee because lol pre-workouts)

jp8x hardcore just came in. going to try it tomorrow before squat day.

it better be like cocaine or I want my money back.

It will be an amazing experience. I remember the first time a friend hooked up with some N.O. xplode a long time ago. It was a lifting day before practice and I demolished my numbers thoroughly. Now it doesn't do anything that extreme for me anymore, but it helps with stamina and you can really push it everyday.

gently caress I'm going to sleep now, I want it to be morning so I'm at the gym

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Green Crayons posted:

I don't know, this prework I took today a bit too early ended up giving me tingling pins and needles in my extremities before I could hit the gym, and I thought my heart was going to pound through my chest with a literal heart attack when I went straight from (new pr) squat sets to a quick treadmill run.

I encourage hate, by all means, but like this pre-workout also induces fear of personal well being and frankly I don't know why anyone wouldn't incorporate it into their routine.

That's how I feel working out the next day after taking some Adderall. Really helps with my numbers though, heart be damned

E- pre workout makes me feel amazing though. Get my sweat on with a mile on the treadmill to start and then lift forever

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Tolkien minority posted:

Adderall is the best pre-workout, gently caress the next day

Makes my hands and feet so cold though

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I kilt it today at the gym.

Feelin' good boys

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Saturday is a good day. Wake up nice and early, drop a stinker, lift a bunch, back to my place for kickoff at 11.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Zzulu posted:

its snowing outside but i will brave the icy hellscape in order to go to the gym, so that i may deadlift

please wish me luck and if i do not return and perish in the frozen wastelands, please tell my mom that all the preworkout and protein stuff in my cabinets arent scary drugs,

It's deadlift day for me too guy!

Except it's like 75 degrees Fahrenheit outside right now.

Sweet extra hour of sleep too. I woke up rock hard (my back muscles).

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Deadlift day again. Gonna be some grunting today. Gonna pull in some women with my animal magnetism

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Back day was this morning and then I played a full round of golf. Feeling nice and sore. Pluggin holes all day long

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Time for leg day I guess

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Chest stuff today at the gym guys.

I added a new blister / future callus on top of the 8 I already have. I've been hitting a couple hundred balls at the driving range every few days. My hand will be indestructible and hardened like a siberian babushka

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I thought everyone wore sliders under their gym shorts? I've been doing that since like 6th or 7th grade

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Going to the gym in a bit guys. Gonna put on my sliders and then my shorts. Keeps my balls snug.

Deadlift day and I've got wu-tang clan playing on my telephone

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Zzulu posted:

What the hell is a slider

google image searching it just gives me hamburgers

What tiny low tax said. Used for baseball and basketball and such. They're just compression shorts. Mine are under Armour. So expensive though my friend

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Time for the gym. I'm feeling great today, got plenty of sleep. I'm going to listen to Boards of Canada on the treadmill and maybe Shigeto while I'm lifting.

Thanks for listening

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Gym time dudes. Gonna go with tame impala today I think. Upper body poo poo, gonna get me a good pump.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

sassassin posted:

You don't have to post every time you go to the gym.

This isn't facebook.

I can't get a proper workout in unless I announce it though

E- sorry if I annoyed you though :(

buddhanc fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Nov 22, 2016

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I had to go to another gym the past few days because I'm out of town. There's only one squat rack. Guy decided to do 5 sets of squats, bench, and deadlift consecutively. Took 55 minutes. Dick move

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

FedEx Mercury posted:

That's when you're supposed to passively aggressively ask "how many sets you got left bro?"

Yeah yeah I know. I was relatively content doing other stuff though. But I like to start with the big stuff so it kinda threw me off

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

It was nice working out with a spotter for a change today. Another guy was doing bench at the same time and we traded off spotting for each other. Nice fellow

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Zzulu posted:

i read 400 is an important number on the internet, that's why it matters to me

405 man. 4 plates.

You will be officially swoled up

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

bamhand posted:

Do some HIIT. 2 hours of cardio is a waste of time.

I do boot camp HIIT stuff twice a week along with my lifting and it's very helpful. Might slightly drain my gains but the endurance I have is incredible

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

You guys actually take time off for injuries?

I repeatedly work out until the pain stops or I get used to it. The one true way to handle soreness and injury

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Homestar Runner posted:

lol if u pay actual money for a tub of powdered calories just go eat some burgers or something

Convenience is the name of the game though dog

I get up and chug down a shake and some fruit and I'm ready to bounce

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Zzulu posted:

lameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

we got something called christmas ham

if you are swedish and you don't eat christmas ham for christmas, you should kill yourself

Most people eat a turkey or spiral ham or something for christmas. I prefer the ham. It gives me ridiculous farts for days after too, it's like when I used cytogainer a long time ago to gain a bunch of weight. I would fart all day and poo poo 4-5 times easy per day. Good memories.

I'm about to set a PR in bench today and I need some good music to do it. I've been listening to meshuggah, but I know nothing about metal.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Christmas lifting is good lifting. No one in the gym and I'm entirely fueled from Turkey and taters.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

Hope your xmas will help your gains as much as mine did.

I wish I got a green egg. I did get some cheap cotton long sleeve shirts and sliders so I can add to my workout clothes rotation. Also some new deadlift straps.

Merry Christmas goons!

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

My resolution is to join the 4 plate deadlift club and look sweet doin it

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Constipated posted:

So what lifting straps do all you fuckers use? I want to get a pair

The 17 dollar ones from dicks. They work well

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

No complaints here either. More college ladies in yoga pants is a good thing

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

GORDON posted:

Having my pre-workout poop at the gym on Hump Day, what what.

Me too! Dump buddies. I didn't adequately empty myself after waking up so as soon as the preworkout touched my lips it was time to go.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I think I'm just gonna do an all arm and chest pump day today. I'll curl everything in the gym before I leave bitch

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Switched from NO to C4. Way better IMO. Maybe it just has more caffeine and that's what I'm feeling though

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

First time I've been sick in 2 years and I still went to the gym. Eliminated my headache after 10 minutes of cardio and actually got a good lift in.

Am I being stupid? Will it just make me sicker?

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Smeed posted:

What we're you sick with? Generally if it's a cold or worse I find it better just to stay home. Missing a couple days won't kill you and you'll get over it faster.

Extreme allergies that turned into a fever and my head feeling like it has sand in it.

I slept in and almost didn't go but the guilt of not going was too much.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Fallows posted:

I lifted too hard over my 3 day weekend and was basically useless at work, i had to mask a bunch of floors and i was just kicking the paper rolls around making a bunch of noise as i got up and down lol

I do the getting up and lifting grunt during regular activities throughout the day. Feels good man

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

60 pound dumbell curls. :drat:

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Going skiing next week and I'm still gonna be pumpin' iron in the hotel gym boys. Also gonna be pumpin' ladies and rich, greasy food into my mouth.

Maybe I'll hit a deadlift PR when I get back since I'll be fat

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Thank you friend. I will be wearing a helmet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

My lifts are totally dependent on the seriousness of my music. Meshuggah and metal poo poo supply the PR's. Trap poo poo for the pump. Ambient stuff for cardio.