Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Back day is the best and only day. Row row row LIL BOAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Chips and salsa are better than salami.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I will gently caress all of you to prove chips and salsa is better.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Winnie the poo poo posted:

what about guac fam

On par with salsa.
Chest and shoulders are a bitch to work with a bad wrist. One day I may have sick gains.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I only do squat variations with the name of former presidents in the title.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

But i needed to feel a mans embrace, it's been so long, and you denied me.

I think I destroyed my shins and calves running. It's what I get for doing cardio. Time to let them heal and never do legs and cardio ever again.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Why is rowing infinitely harder than every form of cardio besides swimming? Why is water so hard tho.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Depends on who's asking :wink:

I've done both and both are literal torture.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Bench press and curls

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

There's something magical about doing a lower body power day, and there's an equally powerful yet different magic when doing an arms and/or shoulder hypertrophy day. The exhaustive state of being when the power has been seeped from your soul, and the skin bursting pump from a frenetic hypertrophic workout is glorious.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Getting ready to take that preworkout then take a dump and hit up some squats.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Just grab the bar and lift. If your hands hurt change the position.

How do the guys in like Serbian prisons lift weights without crying about callouses?

I find that when I deadlift I have almost none of the bar in my hand/palm, I end up doing s sort of mixed thumbless grip with the bar in the curled part of my fingers. It looks like I'd have my fingers wedged in a cliff. No callouses on my palms and only on the joints on my fingers.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Half pound of steak and 6 slices of bacon for breakfast. Now it's time for Mesomorph and an arm annihilation session.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I have a similar lift to what she does. Garners lots of stares.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Go do crossfit you'll be the most jacked person there.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I fully intend to grow such an amazing back that my lats start to grow over me and encapsulate me into a shell of muscle. This muscle will protect me from all forces that are not pulling movements. I will grow my spinal erectors into massive cobras that J Lo will have to escape from. When I flex my lats I intend to have them shoot out and around me and I will do so in times of panic and I will roll away as a muscle ball of lat.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

My back muscles are converting into the snakes they are and are working deep into my brain. I only want to workout back everyday all day. I am unable to not row and row and row until my hands cannot hold the bar any longer.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Nothing better than chalked up hands and pull ups. My hands without chalk are loving stupid and with chalk my grip is around twice as strong.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Liquid chalk is a distant second to real chalk but it's infinitely better than lifting straps. Nobody will ever notice it as it leaves almost no residue literally and it just looks like dried semen on your hands. From what it looks like at my gym most of the gyms do have actual dried semen on their hands.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

... is dried cum more effective?

I'm sure I could secure some.

Based on how pathetic the average gym goer is at mine it seems to have no anabolic effect. I would have thought the opposite.

loving lower back pain is showing itself post car accident. I just want to work out my back and biceps.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

It's a lot harder to kill yourself with weight than you think. I split my forehead open last year in the gym and recently my knee popped at the bottom of a squat and my meniscus is sorta hosed for a while

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

If you couldn't work out legs because of a knee issue what would you do to keep your leg muscles? Arms of course.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Being lean enough to crank out sets of pull ups regardless of the day and prior lifts is great. My whole gym is fat dudes who don't lift and milfs.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Progress is going well regarding enveloping myself in an encasing of lat muscles. I shall become a dense ball of back muscles that I can recess into when frightened.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Played video games as a child, work at a desk and computer every day. I have pain in between my index finger and thumb. If the bar puts pressure in that area it hurts. Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkk push movements are my weakest lifts by far. Also, I've got baby wrists that make my forearms looked jacked.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Nope, and suicide grip makes my wrists feel like death. After push days my right wrist is usually in pain for most of the remaining week.

I'm mindful of not having my wrists bend during bench press and dips. I notice less pain when I do incline bench than flat or even dips.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Yeah I see what the issue is, you guys just don't want me to get bigger. You all want to hold me back from achieving the swoleness I desire.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Enlarged <3s for you guys looking out for my health.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

My stretch marks have gotten worse as my lifting has progressed. I look like a zebra mixed with a tiger.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I feel like most days I train I'm on the precipice of rhabdo.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Feak waggot over here but I'm more aesthetic than the nerds who lift more weight than I do. At least I tell myself that.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I've wanted to start a tflc log for awhile but I've never had a Toxx goal. I don't care about strength prs as my body is loving stupid and blows up when I start to lift heavy. I just go psycho on reps. If toxxes aren't really needed any longer I'd seriously contemplate making one.

Genoa salami was my post workout reward for the past two days. I ran out of salami and I think I'm having withdrawals.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I slowed down dramatically with the weight I'm moving on my chest/triceps day and the pumps have been unreal. Balance a coke can on my tits level pumps. I encourage all salami consumers to slow down on your lifts and embrace the skin tearing pumps.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Dumpin atm. Going to destroy arms and shoulders in a min. Rip toilet and my arms.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I don't own any versa grips nor care to buy any but they are really good but they sort of wear a tiny bit faster than straps do. They are way better than straps though. gently caress a hater.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

You're probably ugly and have small muscles.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Eat more food and lift bigger weights.

My gym is starting to increase in the amount of fit chicks it has during the hours I go. :prepop:

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

I'm thinking if you can't find jeans that fit anymore just get women's jeans or jeggings.

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Generation Iron 2 idk man I'm gonna watch it and let's see if it has anything on Arnold making GBS threads on Lou for the entire movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Chinatown posted:

I flayed my pinky finger pretty good a few days ago. Anyone got a good bandage rec other than just bandaids? I will lift through the pain. Need something sweat resistant or whatever.

Use chalk. Just rub a block of chalk on it, or salami.