Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

GORDON posted:

Serious post

Please don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Alan_Shore posted:

Today I saw a guy doing bent over barbell rows... Only he wasn't bent over, just standing up but tilted forward just very so slightly at the waist so his lower back was incredibly arched, and only his heels were on the floor and he was rowing SO fast. I don't know what these people are thinking.

"Why does this weirdo keep staring at me? I'd better hurry up and get out of here."

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I finally finished a bunch of features last night that have dragged on for a couple months so I celebrated by drinking and eating popcorn. Feeling pretty swole today. Not lifting this week.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Defiant Sally posted:

When will you start playing video games again?

Is there anything worth playing?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Defiant Sally posted:

I'm really enjoying Overwatch but I dont know if it's your style. Titanfall 2 is apparently really good and by the guys who made MW2 so we can probably stomp idiots pretty easily.

PeeCee?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

GORDON posted:

He who squats with his body has forgotten the face of his father. I squat with my heart.

Rereading that right now. I get reference!

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Nothing like spending time in the rural south to improve one's body image.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
They seem to think I'm a prophet of the 5-8th coming of our Lord and saviour, Jesus Christ

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

sassassin posted:

Posting about lifting is the key to growth, though.

Pre-, post- and peri-workout updates are essential for full development.

My posts per day was much higher when I made all my gains.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

E_P posted:

I did legs today. Finally got my lever belt fixed so I went heavy on squats and worked up to 465lbs before I felt like stopping. Then I did step ups on a box that went up to my midsection with 135 and felt like I was dieing. Finished with a couple more exercises and then some half assed ab exercises. I considered stretching after but then decided rather then make a good decision I would go home and play MGSV.

Could you fix it yourself or did you manage to find someone out there who could?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Tiny Lowtax posted:

He works from home

Very dedicated to his job

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

E_P posted:

I had to contact the maker. I bought it at the elitefts factory in the rear end end of Ohio when I was going to college in Dayton but nowaday I live in S. Korea. I sent them a few emails and eventually gave them my friends military APO to ship to since it is about 100 dollars cheaper and they then proceeded to freak out in a MAGA/ARE TROOPS style and not charge me anything for the replacement. I wouldnt have been able to fix it myself because a simple weld would have broken again really easily.

LOL :911: I thought I remembered you were in Korea or Japan and was wondering if you managed to find the only powerlifting gear supplier in the country

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

FreakerByTheSpeaker posted:

Hey all.

I have a couple friends with no lifting experience that are going to start lifting with me. It's been a while since I was a beginner, so any advice on resources for lifting/nutrition etc? Is "read starting strength" still the advice everyone starts off with? I have my old copy sitting on my shelf I can lend out.

gently caress starting strength. Try the beginner program you get here http://strengtheory.com/complete-strength-training-guide/

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Guys I got something in the works just for my swole bros. more to come soon.

If you ate more fibre we wouldn't be stuck waiting so long.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Zzulu posted:

but thats what the powerlifters do hence it is also something I, random gymbabby, need to do

nevermind the fact that powerlifters do that poo poo to bend the rules of their sport and there's no benefit to it at all for a normie

WRONG! rear end has to stay on the bench for the lift to count. You can get fat as gently caress and put a rolled up knee wrap under your shirt to reduce your range of motion but your rear end has to stay on the bench!!!

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I think you're about to put her to sleep.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Winnie the poo poo posted:

yes im going to cum to how wrong he is. i could have put a loving textbook under this guy's rear end and it wouldn't have touched. i guess it was powerlifting legal lol xD

I expect to see him on lui's IG by tomorrow.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Believe it or not, but there are small guys on the internet. It's okay, we don't need you to reach the top shelf, we can get a loving chair.

Seems like you're all in the wrong thread, at least going by the title.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

jarbv posted:

my friends are in town and i drank too much and didn't work out for the last 4 days, can someone please make me feel bad about it?

Nothing you do matters in any way.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
That was weakness trying to leave your body

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Workout I did today

Yes my foot hit the floor at least once every set, so I did all the extras. Also I'm short so I did a 20" box.

Time: 53:05:99

Left leg: not gonna be alright for a while.

Is it called the I'm a loving Idiot (IaFI)?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

It's called "this dude has one loving leg 'cuz the other was blown off and he's still more ripped than any of us, so try his one-legged workout one time."

E: this dude from last year (and yes, he did the listed workout without his prosthesis)

Congrats on being tricked into temporarily crippling yourself.

At least I do it willingly

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

... I willingly did it too?

I also have to help my roommate move our tonight. We live on the second floor, and he's a drummer. This'll be fun.

How will you beat the Cobra Kai with one leg? Seems pretty short sighted.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Just did a sweet rear end WOD

One legged bench press x5
One leg preacher curls x3
One armed lunges x8
10 minute one legged run for time

Sick WOD bruh

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Bro I know I'm so swole right now. Of course I did them all as fast as possible but that goes without saying

So fast I bet you couldn't even feel the muscles you were supposed to be targeting. I bet you'll make the games this year

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Zzulu posted:

yes

11 reps isnt even that much and around that range (8-12) is good for hypertrophy

1-5 reps is mostly for strength

nah, variety is the spice of life

http://strengtheory.com/hypertrophy-range-fact-fiction/

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Tiny Lowtax posted:

His last look

Yeah RIP :(

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Oh no.

I left my shaker at work, closed, with the remnants of my shake in it.

... lord help me.

Best to just find a new job

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
That's a good explanation.

Constipated posted:

Considering DDD's history of loving himself up I'm going to recommend not doing the ab wheel, ever. I've known a few guys at my gym who were in pretty good shape and strong that have hosed up their lower backs using one. Just do planks.

I've never heard of someone getting injured with an ab wheel. Humans are amazing.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Metanaut posted:

Doing them standing up (like straight legs) is apparently the cause of many back injuries. According to one story, that's how Bruce Lee hosed up his back (the other claims doing good mornings).

That makes sense. Don't know many people that can do them standing. Better to live pain free on your knees than to die of a broken back on your feet I suppose.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Tiny Lowtax posted:

You have it backwards.

Nah, I can do them standing but I'd rather be an old bitch who doesn't continually cripple himself.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

a mysterious cloak posted:

Don't you do the swole bro thing with like a cyborg heart or something? You're already ahead of DDD. He'd die in pre-op signing consents.

LOL. Yes my heart is augmented but I was more talking about how I'm stronger than I am smart or durable and usually tear my dumb body apart chasing stupid strength goals.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

bamhand posted:

Did 5x200m sprints on the erg at a 1:27.8 split. I'm pretty sure I died and I'm now posting from the afterlife.

I just started rowing and don't know what anything means but I know it's hard so RIP

a mysterious cloak posted:

Gotcha. Stay strong, cyborg-bro :respek:

:dogbutton:

:cheers:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

bamhand posted:

Yeah I went to lay down afterward and suddenly it was half an hour later.

Erging is the worst. Split is your time to row 500m at your current speed. It's the main measure of speed that is displayed on the monitor.

Oh poo poo, you were moving. Def earned your place in posting Valhalla, shiny and chrome and all that.

e did 500m x 6, the 2nd 500 fast (only one) at 1:39 and i still want to die. can't imagine doing that much rowing at your pace

Dum Cumpster fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Dec 15, 2016

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Defiant Sally posted:

Just kidding I do abs literally every day now

Have you regained monster status? 220 yet?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

naem posted:

looks like a potbelly

That's because you eat too much. Trust me. I'm an expert.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Defiant Sally posted:

Nah hovering at 200 while trying to stay lean. Upper body is catching up fast but lower body is not so I'm gonna switch up my routine to blast legs first thing in the week then chest and back. As it is I get too rocked out on Monday and Tuesday to really go hard on legs on Wednesday so they're suffering a bit. Also probably gonna switch back to strength centric training rather than idiot bodybuilder poo poo with huge volume.

I beliebe in you. Don't cripple yourself doing idiot strength poo poo.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
You'll never be strong because that was determined by your genes at conception (none of us are strong fyi) and no one gives a poo poo about what you look like. Do whatever.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Oberweis Eggnog is like 500 cal/cup just sayin....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Haha your parents are dead