Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Zyzz died in Pattaya, noted mob poo poo hole of Thailand. If you piss off the wrong person you'll get murdered and no one will ever say a word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

He got killed by Bruce, you heard it here first.

His death was faked. He just wanted out of the spotlight.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
I wish lifting weights would go back to the way it was 6 years ago when it was a niche interest that only no life autists took part in. Those were the days.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Khorne posted:

Just move to the north eastern US. It's a super niche interest here right now. Most of the local gyms have closed down and everything. There's just lovely chains like planet fitness.

Probably because most people just have home gyms. I know people in $850/mo 3br apartments who have power racks up on the third loving floor of a building constructed in the 1920s.

Here in Alberta going to the gym is basically all there is to do outside of our 3 month summer if you're not a skiier or bar star. The last few years i've seen a HUGE spike in fuckwits doing ~*cOnTeSt PrEp*~ poo poo and trying to become instagram stars. The uni gym that I've lifted at for 7ish years used to be a ghost town and now it is just loving slammed year round. I blame the explosion of social media for it mostly. For a couple years there it seemed everyone had a """""pro card"""" to some lovely fed. Glad that trend is dying off tbh.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

proof of concept posted:

if I want to walk into a vitamins and supplements store and walk out with a tub full of powder that will make me high as gently caress, what's the best thing to purchase?

e: and more than just "shitload of caffeine" wired

proof of concept posted:

I actually want an actual answer to this question because I know there is one and I'm genuinely curious

For a serious answer the best I have tried recently is Ritual. Good buzz and mental energy, but I'm Canadian and our powder availability is garbage. In the US you can get way better poo poo like Cannibal Ferox or JP8X Hardcore which will gently caress your poo poo right up. Noted idiot and powder thread overlord Krustster swears by JP8X.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Arginine is super outdated and isn't in anything anymore. The new PUMP MAGNIFIER is Agmatine Sulfate and it is some real rear end poo poo.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

jonathan posted:

I will have to ask as anavar/oxandrolone or whatever isn't something I've ever heard mentioned in my northern Canadian town.

Really? What town? It seems like everyone who's at all serious about getting big under the age of 25 has taken Anavar here in Calgary.

Anavar by itself doesn't do a whole lot but it still does something. Your mileage may vary.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Pon de Bundy posted:

remember the post the W and W pics you got thread

its been closed for like a year now

wtf happened

i wanna see oiled up dudes, muscular women and questionably big "natural" bodies

Weird idiots kept starting stupid rear end slap fights I think and Shine got tired of having to step in.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Jabronie posted:

i wonder how much protein powder i can stir in with a pan of mac % cheese

i guess if you have unflavored whey this might actally be not bad

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Zzulu posted:

If you are a regular coffee/soda(with caffeine) drinker then preworkout stuff will only have so much effect

Yeah man thats why you get the poo poo loaded with brain chemicals so you still feel insane as gently caress in the gym

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

zzulu i just want to let you know i think you have good taste in metal

Zzulu posted:

Thanks dad, I think you have good taste in sheep

cuz that's a pretty darn excellent sheep you got there in your avatar

Another new Vader tape in like 2 weeks boys

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Pesmerga posted:

Awwww yeah. This better wash away the bitterness of the new Dark Tranquillity album.

Atoma leaked today btw

I dont have high hopes but maybe I will be pleasantly surprised. Insomnium and Omnium Gatherum's albums both were sick so even if this blows we got some good melodeath this year.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
pretty sure its bro science garbage perpetuated by starting strength autists

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

hrm i haven't heard this but I"m intrigued. how should i start? also I don't want to leave alabama and i don't have any chains

by the way I tried the cable curls with the rope and my wrist felt great. The only issue is it kind of felt like I wasn't getting as good a range of motion as with a bar, even though I went arms straight to fully flexed, it was weird.

Well first you'll need to travel back to 2010 when there were actually jobs in the Alberta oil patch still

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

damnit, i have another injury to report. I was deadlifting last night and my lovely little gym has no platforms, and it's an upper floor so I can't let them down as fast people usually do when they go heavy. I noticed a couple of reps felt weird when I put them down, nothing painful or anything. Then I woke up this morning and my SI felt trashed. stiff and painful with a bit of nerve pain but that part is pretty minor. how do you recover from this poo poo? I'm hoping it's like a muscle strain and some rest and stretching and ill be back to good in a few days. It already feels better than it did this morning. I'm going to join a real gym in a month or two even though its a little out of the way.

You stop lifting basically

I have SI joint pain all the time as a result of loving my back and SI deadlifting/squatting and never letting it heal. Quit now, it'll never get better if you injure it further. Focus on getting a sick rear end bench and swole as gently caress arms for like 3 months and do nothing that irritates it.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Gas

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Tolkien minority posted:

wanna buy a make america swole again hat but dont want to deal with people thinking its a trump hat, dilemmas

Maybe just don't care about what idiot baby liberals have to say?

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
loving LOL if you ever seriously criticize Big Ron's form

kill everyone in this thread

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
If your legs aren't the size of a professional bodybuilder or power lifter than you shouldn't be wearing tights or compression shorts in the gym.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Pesmerga posted:

I've stalled on squats. I've switched to Katatonia for the rest of the workout to reflect my mood. :smith:

Just quit being gay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p663PFEG8qo

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

BoonyPC posted:

thanks for posting that vid I enjoyed listening to Vader whilst at the gym tonight...bit annoyed spotify dont have their older albums though

How far back do they go? You don't really need anything before Impressions in Blood because XXV is a 2 disc compilation of re recordings from their earliest albums. Unless you specifically love the old classic low fi death metal sound in which case they're great.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Dum Cumpster posted:

I finally finished a bunch of features last night that have dragged on for a couple months so I celebrated by drinking and eating popcorn. Feeling pretty swole today. Not lifting this week.

When will you start playing video games again?

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Dum Cumpster posted:

Is there anything worth playing?

I'm really enjoying Overwatch but I dont know if it's your style. Titanfall 2 is apparently really good and by the guys who made MW2 so we can probably stomp idiots pretty easily.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Yeah dog im all about the PC life now. Last game I bought for 360 was GTAV.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
I have a better idea for you all:

Stop posting

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

FedEx Mercury posted:

I guess after a hard workout like that your brain would be in the proper low functioning mindset required to enjoy that abortion of Metal Gear game.

MGS5 was pretty fun if you just ignored the total lack of plot, character exposition and development and subsequent waste of bad rear end characters (BOSS THATS AN ENEMY GUNSHIP), and also that it was totally unfinished past Chapter 1. Venom had so much potential and then Chapter 2 just... ends.

I know it wont happen because Konami, but maybe, someday, we can hope to get a game that explores Revolver Ocelot's development from MGS5 to MGS1.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Asians (in asia) in general just dont lift really but it's an emerging sub culture. I noticed it in particular in Cambodia. The gym's were packed full of shirtless skinny dudes worshiping my insane mass and taking videos of me doing deadlifts and bicep curls and poo poo. Weird as gently caress but still lol.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

89 posted:

On the note of helping newbies, I've had s couple of girls hit me up about wanting to work out with me. I just do the Alfafa program I found on here with super sets and lots of cardio. Do I just....run them through my routine?

Yes

and if they say anything about not wanting to do arms or shoulders kill them immediately

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

a mysterious cloak posted:

Goddammit why are my testosterone levels totally normal, I'm old and need more to catch the swoles :bang:

Because the "normal" reference range includes 99 year old men. Ask not what is normal, but what is optimal. Just jab a needle in yourself already.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
I arch pretty massively on barbell bench, but I'm also strong as gently caress. If you're pushing baby weight and arching super hard you're gonna look like an idiot clown.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Paper Diamonds posted:

Whats everybody's pre workout?

I've been drinking espresso. :feelsgood:

Ritual is the best I've had, but Canadians dont have access to as many weird rear end research chemicals in their supplements that Americans do.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Zzulu posted:

Assuming youre not a dumbo

Goons are literally the dumbest fucks on the entire planet

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Herbicidal Maniac posted:

Got pain in my forearms when lifting. That's new to me, so I'm taking the rest of the week off. Figure it has something to do with me lowering reps in favor of higher weight, but like everyone else here I have a brain problem that makes me think I'm going to lose all my gains.

I got random knee pain today while warming up for squats. Like searing intensely hot knee pain once I hit 185. However I am no bitch and did my working sets anyways.

*hobbles away on broken hips and lower back*

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

that sounds like how my patella femoral feels. is it a bad burning almost right behind your kneecap? Maybe slightly toward the top part? Foam rolling quads and couch stretching should relieve it if it keeps hurting, helps me a bit.

Was more like the insertion into the knee on the left side, right above the VMO. Literally never had pain there before. Went away immediately after I stopped squatting so probably just my A+++ mobility in action again.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Dum Cumpster posted:

That's a good explanation.

I've never heard of someone getting injured with an ab wheel. Humans are amazing.

Shortly after I blew my back out way back in 2013, I was doing ab wheels while it was still recovering and managed to re gently caress it. Abs, not even once.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Just kidding I do abs literally every day now

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Dum Cumpster posted:

Have you regained monster status? 220 yet?

Nah hovering at 200 while trying to stay lean. Upper body is catching up fast but lower body is not so I'm gonna switch up my routine to blast legs first thing in the week then chest and back. As it is I get too rocked out on Monday and Tuesday to really go hard on legs on Wednesday so they're suffering a bit. Also probably gonna switch back to strength centric training rather than idiot bodybuilder poo poo with huge volume.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Dum Cumpster posted:

I beliebe in you. Don't cripple yourself doing idiot strength poo poo.

I'm sure I'll change my mind after about a month max. Just wanna get back to benching 315+ every week.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
One a scale of 1 to 10 an arm pump is the sickest poo poo on the entire planet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Also LGD is useless and crashes your poo poo real bad, just take real test and stop being a huge babby idiot