Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

FedEx Mercury posted:

I've also been squeezing my glutes super hard lately and feeling pops. Is it normal for tailbone to pop?

welcome to back pain - dont do anything for a month or it will never go away.

Its likely just a strained muscle. I have recurring piriformis problems and I get the popping too. If it was really hurt you would know it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

Haven't squatted in 10 months. All kinds of pants fit really well.

Pants are designed for twinks. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I'm in some race against time to hit a 315 bench before I fat shame myself into cutting.

It's gonna be close.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

UnfurledSails posted:

Eating clean is cool for cutting since "clean" food is usually also not very calorie dense so you can eat tons of it even at a deficit.

My problem is that clean eating pretty much means "food you prepare/cook on your own" and the food I can make takes too long to make and tastes horrible. I wish there was like a 2000 calorie pill so I can solely concentrate on working out

You can't gently caress up with a grill and about 5 pounds of hamburgers and chicken thighs. Getting into a meal prep routine really helps me out.

If you don't like what you make, try some pre-made marinades and rotate to keep them fresh.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

buddhanc posted:

Saturday is a good day. Wake up nice and early, drop a stinker, lift a bunch, back to my place for kickoff at 11.

Deuce -> squats -> pancakes -> football

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Thesaurus posted:

Im usually really smug about lifting in my garage but now its like negative zero degrees and it kind of sucks

Same garage buddy, same. Run inside between sets to warm back up a little. Alternativly, close the garage door and burn some hydrocarbons

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Probably cancer :rip:

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Are you currently breast feeding?

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I hosed up my hand real good, chronically, from refusing to put the guitar down long enough for it to heal.

Dont gently caress around with tendon poo poo. Change movements to something that does not cause pain or wait and let it heal. If you stop before it gets too bad it can heal fairly quickly. It took me a year and a half to get my hand usable again - and yes it was that hand.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I did some looking around and apparently this totally legit guy on the Internet claims the reputable literature indicates anything over .82g/lb - with a 2 sigma safety margin - does not give any measurable benefit either bulking or cutting. Without the margin it's like .65.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

In addition to busted hands I get panic attacks from time to time. Feels exactly like a heart attack aparently and is fairly common.

I just ignore it and get on with poo poo. One day it's gonna be a real heart attack lol.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Ain't no resolutionistas in my garage!

*freezes to death

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Who among us doesent get a little antsy when the dude in the cage is about to wrap it up and you notice 3 other bros side eyeing the thing like a pack of loving hyenas.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I just wish I had some god drat flexibility. Probably cut the injuries in half

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

If you want straps for deadlift make sure you try chalk first. It makes a tremendous difference.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Added a cable extension to my power rack. Enjoying some variation in movements.

Current garage temp: 27F

I dont know about today

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I've doubled up on space heaters for a 2500W capacity. Gonna give it another go around 1 when outside temp peaks.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

It just isnt possible to talk people into being motivated long term

Use threats of violence instead

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Idk I always just set a calorie target and make sure to get enough portein.

Has anyone tried massages for joint/muscle health? On 5/3/1 and when recovery week hits I feel like a ball of inflamation.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

canned from the band posted:

my range of motion when doing barbell rows is severely limited by the size of my gut

Then I have some great news about exciting career opportunities in 'power lifting'

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Wrist wraps are helpful for heavy benching.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

If you keep the wraps on tight enough you can give yourself a stranger in the showers afterward.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

If your numbers are that bad look into TRT.

There are certainly benefits to exercise without paying attention to the small poo poo. You will get stronger and feel better up to a point no matter what you do.

Putting in work at the gym is the hard part though. If you add an easy part like getting your eating and goals on the same page you can make some real gains. The internet likes to over analyze poo poo. 80% of the benefits come from 20% of the details.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

It's primarily powerlifting but gently caress it.

I always figured if you can bench alot you probably gonna look like you can bench alot.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I just realized my 25lb kid eats about 700-900 cal/day.

If I scale that up to my body weight its like 7000 lol.

Hes def out poopin me though

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I'm 16 weeks into a cut with a small break in the middle. Food cravings and poo poo is no problem to deal with.

My weakness is booze. Not real drinkin - just sitting down and having a few beers with folks. It's the social/relaxation aspect I'm addicted to.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

See that's why I come here - practical solutions

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Chinatown posted:

I flayed my pinky finger pretty good a few days ago. Anyone got a good bandage rec other than just bandaids? I will lift through the pain. Need something sweat resistant or whatever.

Liquid skin

...or just superglue

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Dum Cumpster posted:

My back is peeling from squatting :barf:

My bar has knurling in the middle and I am proud of my back calluses

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I've been doing 531 for a few months and saw some p nice gains. Thanks for listening

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

My experience with back stuff is that you gotta wait till it feels 100% and then wait a few more weeks on top of that.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Gettin fat rules and is my favorite time of year

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

The Ferret King posted:

And, correct me if I'm wrong, soreness is not a reliable indicator of the effectiveness of the workout.

RP thinks it is. Not by itself, but as a proxy that if you're sore you probably worked that muscle pretty good.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I pulled a muscle real good deadlifting, like require assistance getting in and out of bed for a week good, and I've never trusted myself going heavy since.

I can feel that snapped guitar string feeling just looking at a loaded bar.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Doms is wierd for old me.

Highschool me would lift and be sore the next morning.

Now I feel fine fine the next day until I drive home from work or something and have to flop out of the car.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Just run a huge deficit for like 5 weeks and then go back to gettin fat

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

My gym just replaced all the bars with brand new bars. Usually I wouldn't complain about an upgrade, except the knurling on these bars cut my belly open while I was switching from bench to bent-over rows. Dunno what use knurling is in the center of a bar.

Guess I'm going to get leathery-rear end hands now.

That's squat knurling so it grips your back better. Also great for building up bitchin back calluses

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Lol not want to get bigger

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I've been going old school with Versus The World.

I saw amon amarth live with a group called Exmortus - would recommend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

When it gets dry in the winter regular basketball shorts get static-y and stick to my rear end hair. Perhaps theres more to these tights than I thought