Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
if i skip the gym bc im dead gay and tired then i end up skipping a lot of gym so its best not to give in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
hes fine but one day you're gonna have to row it off him

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
i went to the gym yesterday and a guy asked me to film his cheater muscle up so i did. then i squatted just okay

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

TenementFunster posted:

how visible was his erection?

not bbc/10

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
most ppl put too many stat points in either quad or rear end

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

Helios Grime posted:

I noticed that 2 of the regulars at my gym are hooking up now (the 2nd couple in a short timeframe).

My question is how would you handle it who can stay at the gym and which one needs to look for a new one after the (inevitable) breakup?

i went to a new gym 3 months before dumping him because that gym sucked

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

Metanaut posted:

So what's your current pr on [lift]?

Well in 2012 when I was still lifting seriously and my wife hadn't yet thrown my favorite gym shorts in the trash and I had my old job and could actually sleep well at night and could afford to eat steak 5 nights a week and Trump wasn't president and

yeah my lifts were bigly when i was unemployed and slept like it was my job

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

Khorne posted:

If you stop lifting for a week or more you're gonna get ridiculous doms for a few days and you'll look real goofy getting up or walking around at work.

i stopped for almost 2 months and the soreness was immediate :(

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
yesterday there was a guy doing stone over bar in jeans. another guy in jeans trying to do good mornings with the ssb and he sounded like he was dying. naturally they started talking to each other about deadlifts

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
i just lean my phone against my water bottle or stick it inside my other pair of shoes and put the shoe on something :shrug:

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
it's October, time for sleeveless hoodies

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

Khorne posted:

Lean your phone against a towel. You can put your phone in insane positions where it would never stand up without a towel. It lets you angle your phone at crazy angles, too. Test it on the floor near a wall or standing object, try it on the rack of those fixie minibarbell things that are like dumbbells, put it on a machine of some kind or the safeties of a squat rack or the dumbbell rack. The possibilities are endless once you start employing a towel as a stabilizer for your phone.

i don't have a gym towel and im running PLP with weak numbers so nothing 2 film :rip:

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

bamhand posted:

Lifting for the first time after ~10 weeks off. How bad am I going to feel?

Tomorrow will be leg day so I'm going to assume I will be wishing I were dead by Wednesday.

i did legs on a Monday after a long break and going downstairs was pretty terrible until i took an epsom salt bath on thurs. legs friday wasn't as bad, getting my legs warm helped the soreness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back
finally quit my old gym and joined a new gym just in time to look like a nyr. i even use the cable machine and dumbbells in the womenz only corner bc it's always empty so why not. haven't lifted on the reg since summer '17 :(. past the crippling doms part tho whew.