Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

I'm starting to get a bit fatter and I really wanna bulk for real but the problem is that I'm studying abroad in a country where there always is beach weather and I hang out a lot at the school pool with all the hot girls and don't wanna get fat.

Real men have curves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Hey 155 sounds about right if he's like 5'0 tall.

Or a she.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Looks like it pierced the windshield washer fluid near the end, there.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
And stop hogging the equipment with those stupid long rest times. Other people are loving waiting.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Khorne posted:

I go at 11pm-midnight and no one is waiting.

Acceptable then.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not the strongest swimmer (yet) but I still enjoy it when the very fat or very elderly are taking up a lap lane while using the hand and/or foot paddles, and I still swim faster than them.

But then some young turd comes in and blows me away with her lap times, and then I just get more determined and try harder.

Then salami time.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I wanted a rum and coke one night after the kid was in bed but I was cutting, so instead I put some run in a cherry coke zero.... it tasted just like Nyquil, so don't do that.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Went to the gym and it's empty except for me

Mbisonyes

I'm getting tired of Short Hoodie Guy and Taller Hoodie Guy Who Follows Him hogging 5 stations at a time doing supersets at the same time I am there every morning.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Been doing wrist curls with 35 pound dumbbells forever (months) and could do 25 reps/3 sets easily. I finally moved up to 40s and GODDAM left wrist hurts...

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
STOLEN VALOR STOLEN VALOR

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Had to skip the gym this morning because of a funeral and feel like a lazy piece of poo poo but on the other hand I know my bis and tris were bulging through the sleeves of my suit when I was carrying the casket.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I saw a movie once where a guy had to do a lot of Crank to keep his heart racing or he'd die. I forget the name of it.

So that may be good for lifting.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Thee was a larger than usual group of lifters in the gym this morning, I mean "larger" in both their numbers and stomach girth. It looked like 2 experienced guys were training 4 new guys.

Anyway, is there a name yet for a group of lifters? I'd like to submit "grunt." There was a grunt of lifters taking up space in the gym this morning, putting their water bottles on equipment they weren't using, getting in everyone elses way.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Its called a "fag" as in "there was a fag of lifter in my gym this morning"

I think I like that one better.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I went to the gym today and upped the weight on curls and squats, and I feel loving rekt. More rekt than I've felt in years.

loving old age.

Swimming laps in the morning btw. Going a solid hour, now.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

You are a monster. Or an insane man.

I actually was still feeling like poo poo this morning so I stopped laps at 45 minutes.... and feel like a piece of poo poo for the mental weakness that is now piled on top of the physical weakness.

Edit - salami intake is low, btw. Trying to cut 20 more pounds.

GORDON fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Oct 25, 2016

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

GORDON posted:

I actually was still feeling like poo poo this morning so I stopped laps at 45 minutes.... and feel like a piece of poo poo for the mental weakness that is now piled on top of the physical weakness.

Did my full hour of laps this morning, so I feel better about my own piece-of-shititude. It's awesome to see people get in to do their laps after you, take a bunch of breaks after every other lap when I go nonstop, and be done and out of the pool before you.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
"hard"

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I like mixing tuna and saltine crackers in my mac and cheese. Good protein that way, if a few more carbs than I like...

Mix in peas, also, as a wild card.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
If I couldn't push to failure I'm not sure I'd ever see any gains.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Just left the gym. Already getting tired of new people flailing around and screwing up my rotation. I am going to be very irritable with the coming resolutioners. I might need to stock up on chill pills.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Pesmerga posted:

New intakes to university gyms are the worst. Bunch of 'this is the first time in a properly equipped gym' teenagers who spend most of their time using it incorrectly and taking selfies.

In my gym the regulars are a group of six guys with prison tats who do the bro hug and talk about women and motorcycles, a few of us in there with our heads down grunting and dropping sweat, a few very hot women in there as personal trainers, and then for some reason we are all outnumbered by the elderly, oblivious to their surroundings, doing one set on everything with no weight, and moving on. When you throw new people in it all just breaks down. Everyone be REALLY discouraging to people talking about joining g a gym soon... If they aren't committed enough to go in spite of a little discouragement, then they aren't going to stick with it, anyway.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Khorne posted:

You forgot the key commandment of elderly gym use: Thou shalt not have a rom greater than 0.5 inches, even if you are guaranteed to have greater rom while doing things like walking or getting situated at the machine.

This one guy moves the weights in like 20 pico-reps a second through spasming oscillation.

Right? Last year I had that exact observation... it seemed like the only movement was the passive palsy of his muscles.

And I noticed something the other day... I've always noticed the elderly, on the machines, when they are done they remove the pin from whatever weight and put it back to zero. I always wondered about that. But then I noticed all the signs, "If you are strong enough to load the weight,then you are strong enough to unload the weight. Put it back." These old people think they are putting the weight back by moving the pin.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I scuba dive and I wore my wet suit and stuff for Halloween while me and the other dads sat at the end of the driveway drinking and handing out candy. My bis and tris are getting so swole that my suit was super-tight on my upper arms, I had a hard time getting it pulled on. This could become a problem if I keep making arm gains. I'll have to get a custom suit. $$$$

Swole people problems.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

maybe you're just getting fat bucko

NOPE down about 30 from last year.

Bucko.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
You forgot "Bucko," Richie.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I woke up to like 30 Swole thread posts and I was like WHAT HAPPENED???

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I enjoy working the roman chair. I don't hold any additional weight though, I just do 3 sets to failure. For several years I could not get a full night of sleep due to back pain, but once I started doing these, after about a month, now I sleep great again.

Although I also started swimming and losing weight at the same time, so that prolly added to the "good night's sleep" system. But I do love that roman chair. Feels good, man.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
drat I bet the gym is empty for me in the morning with half the people moving to Canada, half of them blowing their brains out, and the other half all hungover from partying all night.

Yeah, swole math.

Gonna blast my arms and core. Oooo yeah.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
On the gym crapper right now about to lift. Will report back later.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

genderfluid and beautiful posted:

Still going? Are you okay?

Holy poo poo (yeah) I forgot to report back. Yes, good dump, and good lift. The gym was indeed only about half full, I think lots of people were afraid to leave the house because of Trump. I hope they stay away, was nice not having to wait for stuff.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Was feeling low-energy this morning but trying to push through it. I lift without spotters because I don't have any friends (I am very off-putting) and I was in the middle of my 225 set on the bench and half way up.... got stuck. Had one of those OH gently caress moments because I also didn't have any collars on the bar... because of my lack of spotters I don't push to failure, so I am usually fine. But all of a sudden I was at failure and about to be hosed, but I yelled out and somehow got the bar up.

That was scary. And it woke my rear end up.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Short hoodie guy was training someone today, and I heard him say, "See that long muscle there? That's your bicep. But there's also another muscle right next to it, and you need to work that one too with a closer grip on the bar."

I thought they were called BIceps because they were two muscles. Right or wrong?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of cardio, after a year of lap swimming I finally figured out why I was working so hard and still only had 40 minute miles... I haven't been applying power to 100% of my stroke. I was easing up at about waist level, not applying any power to the last 20% of the movement down to my hips. As soon as I figured that out, my lap time is down to 50 seconds, from 70, with the same effort. drat, I'm an idiot.

But in my defense I was never actually taught how to swim, I've just been doing it wrong my whole life. Thanks, youtube videos breaking down the strokes of olympic swimmers

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Fallows posted:

Dont stop at your hips... use your legs too when you swim they help a lot

I lost my legs in 'Nam thanks for triggering me.

But actually yeah I do kick... did you know that triathalon swimmers usually don't kick? I didn't know that until recently.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown posted:

closegrip bench for freaking lyfe

also regular bench is fine u turds

I had to rescue a dude last week who was doing close grip bench without a spotter. Probably saved his life. If that was you, you're welcome.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, old age sucks. My muscles keep getting stronger, but my joints and tendons just bitch every time I bump up the weight.

Goddam aging infrastructure.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
In the gym I only wear my magnum condom on my monster dong.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Serious post, I went commando for over 30 years but figured peeps at the gym probably didn't want to know my religion every time I lay down to bench....so for lifting days I got these hanes snug half boxers that are designed to whisk sweat away from your skin. I actually like them a great deal, and much cheaper than under armor stuff.

I drop a lot of sweat while lifting so they are good for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dum Cumpster posted:

Please don't

Salami