Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
My dream is a free trade and movement deal being struck with the Commonwealth and watching brexit supporters' reactions to the change in the race of immigrants to Britain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
http://www.theage.com.au/federal-po...006-grww1s.html

quote:

"I agree, Neil," Senator Paterson replied. "$39 billion deficit last year. It's not a time when we can really be affording luxury. We've got to look at all areas of spending.
Senator Paterson also volunteered Australia Post as "the next cab off the rank" for full privatisation, but drew the line at junking the $200 million same-sex marriage plebiscite to save money. "It's something we took to the election," he said.

The party of fiscal responsibility.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

gay picnic defence posted:

Members of Victoria's Chinese community have been circulating thousands of flyers accusing the Safe Schools program of stealing their children's culture, in a Liberal-aligned campaign aimed at curtailing the anti-bullying program.

The incendiary flyer urges the Chinese community to "Stop UnSafe Schools", and accuses the program of promoting "homosexual ideas and practice" and "stealing our children from our own culture".

Chinese Liberal Party member, Dan Xie, said he was behind the 15,000 flyers, which have been handed out on streets, in public libraries and railway stations over the past two months.

The pillar of traditional Chinese values, the Christian religion

Also lol the flyer still uses a picture of a white kid.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

I don't understand this connection. Many, many cultures found homosexuality problematic until recently. Unless your statement is that Pax Americana has led to global homophobia, as America was a Christian state.

It wasn't clear from the quote but the pamphlets have a specifically Christian viewpoint. I'm not saying 'native' Chinese religions are bastions of progressive thinking but they really don't care about the safe schools program.

The second sentence is basically true to some extent http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/how-uganda-was-seduced-by-anti-gay-conservative-evangelicals-9193593.html

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

He looks like a Habsburg

quote:

In this way Ed presents an unusual mix of neoconservatism, environmental concern, and a mighty faith in the British monarchy. "My home room teacher once sent me out of the class because I said Australia should never become a republic. I think the queen is the best head of state you could hope for."

Seems pretty appropriate.

This is the Liberal senator if anyone cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

9:00 AFL Footy Show No changes

God help me I laughed at a first dog.

• Locked thread