Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

TheGreatGnocchi posted:

My favorite part about election night, all the meltdowns. My favorite of all time is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLoqti0lzAw This meltdown after the 2012 election is worth listening to for the 20+ minutes.

A few minutes into this. wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

Non Serviam posted:

The only reason why she should be president is because she's running against Trump, who's clinically insane. I can't believe anyone can genuinely admire or respect her in any way whatsoever.

I do. She's awesome.

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013

TheGreatGnocchi posted:

My favorite part about election night, all the meltdowns. My favorite of all time is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLoqti0lzAw This meltdown after the 2012 election is worth listening to for the 20+ minutes.

Wait, holy poo poo, this is too perfect. Can this be real?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

I said hell, Cooter 'n I can watch your truck, and then easy as that we were selling fifty crates of boosted Slip N' Sides, made enough to bail Cooter's old lady out of jail and cover us all for a weekend in Reno

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Spacebump posted:

A few minutes into this. wow
The number of people who went into the 2008 Elections thinking that Barack Obama was literally the Anti-Christ was frightening. I can only imagine what went through their heads when they watched him get re-elected.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Non Serviam posted:

Edit. Are we hosed already? Do you guys feel HRC will lose now?
Well this is certainly delaying my feeling of "it's for real a certainty in the bag" but I think she's gonna win it barring everything being completely wrong or some kind of Red Dawn scenario when Putin's folks come in and occupy the polling places. The Senate I'd bet on but I don't think it's near as much as a lock. Basically my gut is with Sam Wang at the PEC.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Goddamn it I'm gonna miss Obama.

https://twitter.com/masterwilliams/status/793214520655122432

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

remusclaw posted:

I saw a documentary once, I can't remember which, that interviewed people who lived very close to the border. It turns out that a national border is not a particularly straight or flat kind of thing, so the wall ended up intersecting peoples land and in some cases, stranding Americans and their homes on the Mexican side of the wall. A clusterfuck to say the least.

edit: This is where wall sections exist obviously.

Also, since the border along Texas is along the Rio Grande, the fence cuts off river access to both farmers and wildlife in places.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Nessus posted:

Well this is certainly delaying my feeling of "it's for real a certainty in the bag" but I think she's gonna win it barring everything being completely wrong or some kind of Red Dawn scenario when Putin's folks come in and occupy the polling places. The Senate I'd bet on but I don't think it's near as much as a lock. Basically my gut is with Sam Wang at the PEC.

Pretty much the same thing I feel.

Also I actually like Clinton and have wanted her to be president in 17' since like Obama got elected.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Non Serviam posted:

The only reason why she should be president is because she's running against Trump, who's clinically insane. I can't believe anyone can genuinely admire or respect her in any way whatsoever.

Why not I respect her, she has done some amazing things in her 30 years in office/politics.

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

And it is, it is a glorious thing, to be a Basset King!

TheGreatGnocchi posted:

This is the most majestic anti-arzy medication. This clip is crafted out of kitten-giggles and rainbows. I am just sitting here with the biggest loving smile on my face.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

Pretty much the same thing I feel.

Also I actually like Clinton and have wanted her to be president in 17' since like Obama got elected.

Same here.

At the same time, I'd have absolutely relished watching Obama v. Trump, I think.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

socialsecurity posted:

Why not I respect her, she has done some amazing things in her 30 years in office/politics.
On the other hand, have you considered that she voted for the Iraq War and is confirmed to have born the love child of noted philanderer, Bill Clinton? Why I imagine they had sex even before he was President. To say nothing of her duck connections.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Nessus posted:

On the other hand, have you considered that she voted for the Iraq War and is confirmed to have born the love child of noted philanderer, Bill Clinton? Why I imagine they had sex even before he was President. To say nothing of her duck connections.

A Senator from New York voted for the Iraq War (after the President lied about WMDs being there) after 9/11? Shocking.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Spacebump posted:

A Senator from New York voted for the Iraq War (after the President lied about WMDs being there) after 9/11? Shocking.
Let's instead do a deep dive on the duck thing.

I will say that while I think Hillary would've risen to the occasion, the Republican persistence in doing the goddamn stupidest thing possible at all times is comical. I half suspect Comey's motive was more "try to stop the bleeding" than anything positive at this point.

TheGreatGnocchi
Jun 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Skanker posted:

Wait, holy poo poo, this is too perfect. Can this be real?

Oh yes, this is real. When Trump loses, these will be all over the place. I'm gonna be refreshing freerepublic feverishly after they call NC on election night.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Nessus posted:

don't forget that she had the gall to represent wall street's interests as a senator of new york and then took money from them for speaking fees

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

don't forget that she had the gall to represent wall street's interests as a senator of new york and then took money from them for speaking fees

Which she refused to release. Even Senator Warren sees her as being in the pocket of wall street.
This is the turd sandwich we gotta eat basically, but it's a scummy candidate.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Night10194 posted:

I read somewhere while I was at my Rheumatologist that Texans actually hate the dumb loving border wall idea.

It totally fucks over ranchers on the Rio Grande

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Non Serviam posted:

Which she refused to release. Even Senator Warren sees her as being in the pocket of wall street.

Actually she is a good candidate and I'm enthusiastic enough about her being president that I went to early vote for the first time despite being in a state that in no reality could be considered a swing state.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

QuarkJets posted:

Those people who hate the Clintons are the same people as the TEA PARTY RARGH SMASH NO COMPROMISE KILL people. The Venn Diagram between those two groups is just a circle.

That's almost the entire Republican Party these days

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crazy Ted posted:

To be fair, a longer wall means more opportunities for cross-wall volleyball matches.

You know that the majority of the US/Mexico border is a river, right? I mean, not a big river, but still prohibitively big for volleyball matches

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

meristem posted:

I do. She's awesome.

So awesome she wants to declare a no-fly zone over Syria, with no plan on what to do when the Russians violate it.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Non Serviam posted:

Nah. Nah.

Fair enough to criticize her on things like her Wall Street friendliness, but nah. I Deliberately Withdraw Joinder From Your Framing.

e: Like seriously is this some kind of negging thing or is it like compulsive over-'fairness'

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Scent of Worf posted:

That's almost the entire Republican Party these days

Yeah the GOP's made its bed. Clinton handed them an out and anyone who didn't take it can forever be known as deplorable.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SimonCat posted:

So awesome she wants to declare a no-fly zone over Syria, with no plan on what to do when the Russians violate it.

lol if you don't want war with Russia

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

SimonCat posted:

I thought people would be more nuanced, but they're willing to ignore anything.
The same Obama fanboys that seem to not care about the war crimes of his administration.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Non Serviam posted:

The same Obama fanboys that seem to not care about the war crimes of his administration.

There are things (wall Street cash) that I do not like about Clinton but that doesn't mean I do not think she won't be a decent president.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Nov 1, 2016

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

SimonCat posted:

Speculation? or do you have a quote?

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Spacebump posted:

Since Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, yeah, it's pretty shocking.

If you read the speech she gave before her vote, she admitted that regime change had been the policy of the US government since 1998, when her husband was president. She wanted war with Iraq even before 9/11.

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2008/1/12/435624/-

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Non Serviam posted:

If you'd like to inform us of your perfect politician?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Non Serviam posted:

This.

I ealry voted and I voted against trump. I actually LIKE but it could have been a potato.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

There's things (wall Street cash) that I do not like about Clinton but that doesn't mean I do not think she won't be a decent president.

What about her ties to foreign dictators? Her support for the war crimes of the Obama administration? Her support for Israel?

I think she's better than Trump, but so are Stein, Johnson and my grandmother, who has been dead for 6 years. It's just that Clinton can win.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

^^^
:laffo:

Nessus posted:

Nah. Nah.

Fair enough to criticize her on things like her Wall Street friendliness, but nah. I Deliberately Withdraw Joinder From Your Framing.

I still find it so amusing that if Goldman Sachs speaking fees are cause for deep suspicion then we have like 4x more to fear from the Stones than HRC

Like for real if they were honestly trying to buy a president wouldn't you expect it to be higher up on their expense sheet than the entertainment?

oh wait, it's because having a prominent pol/celebrity/professional public speaker indulge you with a limited invitation lecture was also the entertainment

HookedOnChthonics fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Nov 1, 2016

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

socialsecurity posted:

Speculation? or do you have a quote?

I'm referencing the 3rd debate.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hillary-clinton-syria-no-fly-zone-third-debate_us_58084280e4b0180a36e91a53

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Non Serviam posted:

I ain't ignoring poo poo, Clinton's pro-war with Russia position is a reason that I voted for her

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

SimonCat posted:

Since Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11, yeah, it's pretty shocking.

If you read the speech she gave before her vote, she admitted that regime change had been the policy of the US government since 1998, when her husband was president. She wanted war with Iraq even before 9/11.

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2008/1/12/435624/-

In popular opinion of March 2003, Iraq had everything to do with 9/11.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Non Serviam posted:

What about her ties to foreign dictators? Her support for the war crimes of the Obama administration? Her support for Israel?

I think she's better than Trump, but so are Stein, Johnson and my grandmother, who has been dead for 6 years. It's just that Clinton can win.

Are you telling me that Hillary Clinton is...an American politician!

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Pakled posted:

In popular opinion of March 2003, Iraq had everything to do with 9/11.

That is not a ringing endorsement of Hillary's judgement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

SimonCat posted:

This is the stupidest thing. Yes, a no-fly zone would be a good thing. Yes, she should propose it as a way to try to stabilize Syria. Yes, Putin will say 'gently caress off' and continue to be a comicbook villain. The fact that this is what will happen doesn't mean it isn't a good idea and shouldn't be attempted.

Russia will never "violate" it because they'll veto it on the security council.

• Locked thread