Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

Trump's implosion has been way too funny.

Why the gently caress do people keep mentioning corn cobs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Wait, when is this Wikileaks thing supposed to happen? Roger Stone's tweet said Wednesday, but it looks like it's starting now.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

This is at least the 2nd time one of the camera operators on Hillary has done an intense, quick zoom.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Aerox posted:

https://twitter.com/KatrinaPierson/status/785545902236831744

(Yeah, Katrina, I'm sure hordes of people all obtained your phone number and are texting you breathless updates on their voting plans, but lol anyway.)

This is the best timeline. If Trump's campaign is going to get revenge on Republicans who don't back him by telling his supporters to NOT vote downticket, then the GOP is getting screwed from both sides. They'll experience depressed turnout from Republicans who can't vote for Trump, and don't care enough to go support downticket races, PLUS the ones who do show up for Trump won't vote downticket, either.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

A Winner is Jew posted:

IIRC there was someone claiming that they could release one horrible story about Trump every day until the election like a month ago.

Hillary team has like 3 times the amount of horrible poo poo that person claimed to have had.

Every so often someone in this thread says "The Clinton campaign has enough dirt to bury him every day twice over!" but we've never really seen an example of that. The closest we got was the Alicia Machado thing, but that wasn't dirt so much as it was bait. The Clinton campaign didn't leak the tape, didn't leak the Ivanka rear end comments, and hasn't leaked anything noteworthy this entire election.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Haven't been able to keep up with this thread. Is the consensus that Chris Wallace is the best moderator this cycle?

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Instant Sunrise posted:

Feinstein isn't up for re-election this year. Barbara Boxer, who is an actually left-wing democrat is retiring this year, and we have a double blue ballot for her replacement.

Kamala Harris vs. Loretta Sanchez, right? Sanchez initially entered politics as a Republican, and is a Blue Dog (i.e. Republican in all-but-name-only), so it may as well be a typical red vs. blue race.

EDIT: Since I caught up and my comment above was already beaten to death, how about 538 having Trump back over 15% on poll-only?

Euphoriaphone fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 26, 2016

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Everyone knows r/the_donald, possibly the worst site on Reddit (and thus the internet), engages in botting and vote manipulation to get featured on one of the site's main pages (r/all). Usually you see just a few r/the_donald posts on every page of r/all, but someone must have screwed up the settings on their botnet, cause now literally every post on every page is r/the_donald. Maybe this will lead to the site's admins reprimanding the site for manipulation, and since so many news sites steal stories from Reddit now, it might get some play on more mainstream media sites about how fake pro-Trump traffic online is.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Goatman Sacks posted:

It doesn't even match with their normal algorithms, almost all the submissions have <0 net upvotes

Usually that's how r/the_donald posts look on r/all. I think it's because the algorithm takes into account the rate of upvotes, and the trump threads probably far outpace others on an upvote-per-second basis, due to the bots.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

lozzle posted:

Most of the submissions have 0 upvotes.

I think there's something like Youtube where the amount of upvotes won't display until some threshold is passed, like an amount of time. I know Youtube does it to not display views that are fradulent, according to the system. I think the r/the_donald bots found a way to get legitimate upvotes through (i.e. ones that won't be taken away later).

That being said, I'm not even sure Reddit performs any validation checks on upvotes, or has any anti-bot measures.

Goatman Sacks posted:

I dunno I'm a huge connoisseur of r/all and I've never seen anything on there with <0 upvotes.

Sorry, you're right. I often see threads from r/the_donald that have no votes (just displays the number of votes as a solid dot). I think this is due to the upvote-lag I mentioned above. Seeing threads with 0 (which could be a net negative) means maybe another botter on the_donald is trying to compensate for the glitched-upvoting bot by downvoting threads (in an attempt to draw away suspicion).

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Remember how Obama appointing a Republican to head the FBI came around to bite the Democrats in the rear end, and how hopeful you were that Clinton would avoid those hollow displays of bipartisanship? Well, you'll be glad disappointed to know in some of Podesta's leaked emails they're talking about a Texas Republian judge for their Supreme Court nomination.

You might argue just because some random Clinton supporter emailed Podesta about their pick for the SC nod, it doesn't mean that's who Clinton will nominate, but this if from one of the DNC's biggest backers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

cyphr555 posted:

This actually got me curious about early voting policies across all of the states; I found this map which as far as I can tell is accurate for 2016. Someone please correct me if it's out of date.

Hawaii has been a state for 57 years. Why is it still left off maps always? They couldn't even bother putting a bullshit little East-coast-like abbreviation for it?

• Locked thread