Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

looking forward to lies on buses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

On the other hand, that guy is acknowledging that women like and enjoy sex. That's pretty progressive for the republican party.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

VH4Ever posted:

This shouldn't turn into a full derail probably but if I were a pro-Brexit voter I would feel more than a little strange for how those two guys basically pushed this through by using white fear of immigrants to squeak by and make Brexit a reality that Britain now has to deal with and then both basically stepped down and ceased being a part of what comes next. Really, you vehemently want Britain to go it alone, but drop out of politics now that the actual work of making that so is about to begin? Did you truly want this result or were you just demagoguing and hoping to continue to be an obstructionist oval office when it failed, then had no plan B when it didn't fail?
there's a lot of pro-brexit voters who regret their vote because they were voting under the assumption that it'd never happen and they just wanted to make a Statement.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nessus posted:

Yeah? I'd heard like 33%, but I expect the gap could adequately be explained by counting a slice of the Hispanic population in a different way.
it also depends on how you count mixed-race people who identify as white/pass as white/w/e.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

In the United States, a white Hispanic is an American citizen or resident who is racially white and of Hispanic descent. The term white, itself an official U.S. racial category, refers to people "having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa".

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Based on the definitions created by the Office of Management and Budget and the U.S. Census Bureau, the concepts of race and ethnicity are mutually independent, and respondents to the census and other Census Bureau surveys are asked to answer both questions. Hispanicity is independent and thus not the same as race, and constitutes an ethnicity category, as opposed to a racial category, the only one of which that is officially collated by the U.S. Census Bureau. For the Census Bureau, ethnicity distinguishes between those who report ancestral origins in Spain or Hispanic America (Hispanic and Latino Americans), and those who do not (non-Hispanic Americans).[5][6] The U.S. Census Bureau asks each resident to report the "race or races with which they most closely identify."[7]

White Americans are therefore referenced as white Hispanics and non-Hispanic whites, the former consisting of white Americans who report Hispanophone identity (Spanish Hispanic Latin America), and the latter consisting of white Americans who do not report Hispanophone ancestry

As of 2010, 50.5 million or 16.3% of Americans identified as Hispanic or Latino.[1] Of those, 26.7 million, or 53%, also identified as white.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lozzle posted:

To give you an idea how confusing this topic can be, look no further than the Zodiac Killer himself, Ted Cruz.

Stormfront has mixed feelings on whether or not he qualifies as "white."

I'm pretty sure Ted Cruz has mixed feelings on whether or not Ted Cruz is white.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

i have never made a long post!!
the klk dickgirl art was pretty long, if you catch my drift

Armani posted:

Put it this way: the fight to censor video game content died when it became one of the top forms of media consumed globally. It's bankrolled using Hollywood funds like a motherfucker. The Military here uses it as a wing of their recruitment media. Your friend is worried about nothing in a world filled with poo poo to actually worry about.
i dont get people who are still mad about the fight to censor video games because, like, it wound up at a pretty agreeable place. the ESRB isn't perfect but it's a sight better than the movie ratings board, and there definitely needs to be some sort of rating system in place.

I guess you could make the argument that some games in the late 90s/early 2000s got 'censored' in localization or had content removed out of worry about ratings, but that era is pretty much over.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lozzle posted:

If you are a single-issue voter and that issue is video games you probably shouldn't be allowed to vote.
besides, only one of these candidates was in nba jam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlRI-KsGOrc

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GalacticAcid posted:

Obama chuckled. "You mean the Chaos Vagina Bones?"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Jarmak posted:

It absolutely is censorship, but all censorship isn't bad.

"Censorship", like "tolerance" or "discrimination" have taken on these sorts of intrinsic good and bad qualities where people seem to have collectively forgotten that it's not the act, but the reason for the act that is good or bad. This is why we see people twisting themselves into pretzels trying to justify being intolerant of bigots as not "really" intolerance or this as not "really" censorship.

There are things that deserve censoring (at least the voluntary kind) there are things that deserve discriminating against, there are things that should not be tolerated.
i mean, i think there's room for nuance in this kind of conversation. like the fact that that fire emblem game removed a fairly innocuous bit of fluff (people call it 'groping' but you can only touch their faces), and then also rewrote the homosexual romance options in a way that made them fairly noticeably worse, or at least less about actual homosexuality, and had a fairly bad translation overall with some noticeable errors and a really bland writing style. There's room for valid criticism there, that time was spent reworking the game to be more PR friendly instead of actually translating it well and doing a good job on the parts that mattered. but all the vagina bones types have really poisoned the well on that kind of discussion.

that said video game censorship is not what this thread is about so let's talk about that cop who thinks killing a man made sex better for him.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/AspanKyn/status/782274918071140352

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

only true journalism is anime news network

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

even if trump's supporters did fill the place, one of them would ask 'so what is your opinion on benghazi' and trump would use it as a lead-in to a rant about how black people are fine so long as they pay him.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Jesus gently caress, there's going to be some loving Olympics class spinning to try to justify this.

quote:

Somers later said a toxicology report found methamphetamine in Mann’s system.
criminal, deserved to die, cops will get 50000 dollars in donations

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MizPiz posted:

What's this basement dwellers thing? I'm not going through alt-right twitter posts just to figure it out.
Leaked audio from Febuary of Clinton talking about Bernie's supporters and mentioning that a lot of them 'live in their parents's basement, are baristas, they don't see any way out - they're victims of a system they aren't a part of and don't understand."

it's pretty clearly just meant to be shorthand for them not being where they want to be, not an actual insult. The worst you can say about the bit is that she's mildly condescending. Considering even actual berniebro hangouts have said that they don't care, it's not going to get any traction.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

Can someone fill me in on the basement dweller non-scandal? I missed what's going on and I'm at work.
we just explained it four posts above you dude

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The first half of her comments is what made a lot of people on the left angry. Not the basement dweller part.
the first half of her comments, where the thing the comments are named after isn't mentioned

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the most terrible part of this is that the presidential candidate that'd turn over her sexual harassment lawsuit like that is trump, not clinton

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rookersh posted:

The irony of that quote is that barista/server are the two jobs you can take without a degree that regularly pay $18-$22ish out of the gate.

I've stuck with barista for 6 years now, and am nearing the $30ish mark. I still only work 5 hours days.

I am very happy thank you. I got to watch my friends go into debt, and I'm going to pay for my entire college experience out of pocket.
My girlfriend works as a server and gets jackshit for pay because she gets stiffed on tips a lot and her bosses take a cut.

Which, yeah, isn't exactly above board, but what's she supposed to do, quit?

tl;dr it depends a lot on where you are, who you are, and who you work for

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

rscott posted:

So the top 5% of servers make under a median wage, what's your point exactly?
the top 1% of servers control 99% of the wealth. occupy the k street mall.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwNdD1qlkME

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Chelb posted:

holy moley

quote:

Trump knows the tax code better than anyone who has ever run for president.

honestly, I believe that.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

here is the more accurate dril tweet for trump:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/772137041467478016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

Someone managed to get their hands on Trump's tax records? Whomever made it possible is a saint and I hope the NYT's response to Trump's lawyer threatening legal action over releasing the info was "lol bring it buddy."

Hopefully this is legit and not Bush Vietnam Documents 2.0 poo poo.
There's no way this isn't legit. He said himself that he dodges taxes, and the way he dodges them is the only way that makes sense and the timeline adds up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

vyelkin posted:

This week and the Khan week together show us how Trump reacts to losing something. He just can't accept it so he doubles, triples, quadruples down, over and over again, because he can never let anything go.

You have to imagine Clinton will clown him again in the next debate and hopefully the third one as well, which will give us another two weeks of epic Trump meltdowns which in a perfect world would crater his numbers to post-DNC levels just in time for election day.

Honestly, I have to wonder if there is actually some democratic conspiracy here. As soon as something's had a couple of days to cool, someone hits him with something else. It's like the part in a monster movie where a dude shoots the monster, then another dude kicks it down some stairs, where a third dude is waiting with an axe.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Night10194 posted:

I have to know why you would posit he would do so.
he thinks it makes him smart, so when people see this they'll know what a smart guy he is

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Chelb posted:

edit: i'm half joking but christ what if his losses broke a computer lmbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH1ekuvSYzE&t=14s

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Binary Badger posted:

So in Trump's own words, he is going to fix it so that nobody else can game the system like he did.

Closing the barn door only after he's safely inside and out of the storm as it were.
or more than likely he's going to make it even easier for rich people to game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Winkie01 posted:

No chance in hell, imagine you are a single mom being a waitress at pizza hut or some poo poo and you see this trust fund baby hasn't paid taxes in 20 years and while you have been busting your rear end trying to make ends meet and paying the IRS

"He wants to keep those mexicans out and lock up $hillary and did you know that obama is a terrorist gay tranny? I wish I could be like him and not pay taxes."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Maybe Barron sent them. He's good with the cyber.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i have also seen people saying that he still pays sales tax as if that's some sort of defense

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

either they're alleged or they were obtained illegally. they can't be both

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh my god

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

did you know donald trump had his own video game in 2002?

Look at what the orange logo says.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

In an extremely close election, it'd be very possible to swing it by hacking.

This won't be an extremely close election.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

has anyone seen the digimon movie

is that what hacking the polls would be like

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmTidAKvKtc

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

Where does omnimon fit in?
tai: clinton
matt: kaine

wargreymon: new york times
metalgarurumon: trump's ex-financial adviser

omnimon: trump's tax reports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Haha, are there actually texan politicians trotting out the 'Clinton could win Texas!' horse?

It's not going to happen, but it'd be amazing to see.

• Locked thread