Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The thing to remember about Farage is he tried to play 4th dimensional chess and get Brexit close to winning but still have it fail so he could run on being denied in the future. The second it actually won he was basically the dog that caught the car and had to resign and run for the hills, like most pro-Brexit politicians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

straight up brolic posted:

Garage's rhetorical style is to be a gigantic middle finger that has 80% of people say "what a loving oval office" and the other 20% say "finally someone who tells it like it is", dunno how Donny benefits from someone like that.

Also, don't forget: In the environment Farage is used to you can completely ignore the minority vote and stick to only appealing to whites because England is 90% white, compared to America.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I think the gap of skill is too wide for him to win even if he trains very hard off screen for the next couple weeks.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

What in God's name has been wrong with the NYT this cycle? They specifically seem to have been performing well below their norm.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Josef bugman posted:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/stop-whining-about-false-balance-w440228

This seems like a very weird story from Matt Taibbi, anyone want to come in with thair take?

"Why are you mad we're not actually doing our jobs I'll prove it to you that it's your fault." :qq:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Antti posted:

The entire Draper piece is worth a read.

I used to think Trump would become a useful idiot for the GOP and just staff his WH with Republican policy flacks, but Hannity as CoS would... not be that.

Considering his own campaign managers can only keep him 'restrained' for like a month at a time at best I don't know why anyone would assume the GOP would be able to control him. That's why the possibility of his winning is dangerous: He's an erratic and volatile man who likes denigrating and hurting others and displays of strength, whose qualification for 'are you any good' is 'how nice of things do you say about me'.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

iospace posted:

Yeah. It's why we'll likely see manager #4 soon. VP debate is going to likely be a wash (and no one cares except for diehard politics nerds), though the Town Hall is going to be what ultimately makes or breaks Trump. He has a good showing, and he might be able to make things competitive again. He has a bad showing, and all that's left is to wonder "how bad will the blowout be and/or how will we be able to deal with such a harvest of corncobs?"

Honestly if we see Manager 4 it won't matter what he does. His campaign will fall apart from sheer organizational stresses at that point.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

He's going to remain mad, isn't he? Forever.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I figured he'd start cooling off eventually but I think he'll remain angry about this up until he loses the second one, too.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I was thinking today was quiet and then 'I AM NOT MAD' and now this'll happen too. What else could happen this weekend? :allears:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Chinese Gordon posted:

Oh my god.

Surely, *surely* he cannot come back from this week. I mean, I know his lunatic fanbase will vote for him whatever, but how can anyone -regardless of their political views- look at his recent behaviour and not see that President Trump would be an very real danger to the safety of the nation?

I doubt he'll come back from it in the sense of 'winning' but I'm pretty sure he won't lose by as much as he was on track to during August.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Also every pivot so far has required a new campaign manager and I'm pretty sure firing this one won't help him any.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Crow Jane posted:

... does he not realize that everyone listening at home could hear him fine?

Look man it has to be ANYTHING but him, because if it was all him he'd have obviously won bigly.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Crow Jane posted:

I don't know. Even the entertainment shows are basking in the meltdown, it's pretty hard not to be aware of what's going on.

Remember, he lost big time the last time he went nuts and it got all over the public sphere. He won't lose as much because the GOP has, mostly, rallied around him but he will lose voters from this. And he's unlikely to avoid minefields at the other two.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Ahahahahaha.

Never has a yam become a corncob so thoroughly.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Pakled posted:

And 40-45% of people are going to vote for him for president :negative:

If he only gets 40% of the vote in the end I will be loving ecstatic. That's a crazy landslide.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

terrorist ambulance posted:

I don't get how people figure he's this alpha male figure. He's a cheap whiny little loser, and whenever he loses he can't acknowledge any fault or wrong; the system must be crooked or wrong if it produced any result other than him being #1. People identify him as this swaggering alpha male character, but his whole life screams insecurity and weakness.

Because he never admits he's wrong and they're primed to think that means he's never wrong.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Phoenixan posted:

It was so clear, we could even hear his breathing and everything. :v:

How much are you willing to bet that he's going to go into the 2nd debate with grudges from the 1st debate?

He's going to go into it and point out how much he won the first debate just like he did all the primary debates and recount how he called Little Marco and Low Energy Jeb out while Hillary tries not to laugh too much.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It's also because he's up against a woman and there's a lot of unexamined baggage going on behind the scenes, so the woman who can handle 12 hour congressional grillings and who's put up with 25 years of hard slander without snapping is portrayed as weak and sickly next to the fat jackass who screams like a stuck pig the second things don't go 100% his way or anyone even suggests he might not be the best, let alone that he's a pile of poo poo.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Pastrymancy posted:

The part that gets me is that all those problems do exist for people in that age range. Identifying them isn't making fun of them. And politicians identify problems that specific groups have all the time.

Not just identifying them, but saying "They're right to feel they're getting poo poo on and we absolutely need to do things for them, too, and understand why they feel how they feel."

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Hodgepodge posted:

I still don't like how she uses "being like Scandinavia" as some bizarre impossible ideal, but that's about the only bad part.

I think it's more an acknowledgement that we have a massively different national situation from Scandinavia and that what works perfectly there might not work here.

Except their prison system, get us the loving Norwegian prison system right away goddamnit.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Ahahaha. It's a double punch: "Trump is a poo poo businessman who loses all the moneys" and "Trump is a tax cheat."

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

emdash posted:

yeah I guess I'm just trying to temper my expectations

my favorite part of the article is where it says the tax docs were sent from a Trump Tower return address. :allears:

The boat is leaking again. He must be pissing off his campaign and employees again.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Crabtree posted:

I'm going to be happy watching Trump likely getting tossed under the bus because if he loses, he has a lot of loving litigation coming after him. He's going to make Romney's fall look tame. Lawsuits from not paying people, lawsuits into his holdings, tax investigations, Trump University, loving Trading with Cuba. For a stint that was supposed to make him a lot of money, Trump has basically put himself into a position where people are not only looking at the shady poo poo he's done, but have many ways to crucify him over it. His fall if he loses is going to YUUUUGE.

The thing is, he's previously relied on the fact that he never actually pissed off *powerful* people before. He poo poo on small contractors and people without legions of lawyers.

Now he's made a lot of very rich, very powerful people mad as hell and will make them madder still if (when) he goes down...

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Endorph posted:

There's no way this isn't legit. He said himself that he dodges taxes, and the way he dodges them is the only way that makes sense and the timeline adds up.

Also I'm pretty sure the NYT would be careful about this, for all their faults lately.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

What are the chances Trump leaked this himself like he did the John Miller tape?

I have to know why you would posit he would do so.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Epic High Five posted:

Lol @ trying to analyze the checks and balances of image and pragmatism in Trump's mind

We don't even do that in C-SPAM and we're a bunch of brick-thick moron crazies

I just wanted a plausible reason to use posit. :smith:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

He lost so much money a machine designed specifically for the task of processing numerical data could not process it

:sad:

That's our Don.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Like most things, what will matter most is how much he melts down over this.

And it directly insults his business acumen and implies a traitor in his organization, so he WILL melt down, most likely.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

And now, we wait for how he will jump face-first into the bear-trap on this.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

yo, check cnn.com

Ahahahahahaha.

He is gonna be poo poo PISSED.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Oh. Wikileaks has something 'huge', do they? Like they have the last 80 times?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Hahaha it's the front page on Foxnews.com too as Trump Tax Trouble.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

iospace posted:

WAIT

HAS ANYONE ASKED PAUL RYAN ABOUT THIS?

I NEED TO KNOW, I NEED TO KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Meanwhile, in John Boehner's den, he raises a glass to a picture of Pope Francis and thanks God the Holy Father told him to eject when he did.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Illegally obtained, huh? He gonna fight this out? Because gently caress, man, I hope that's what that means!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

New York Times now providing evidence Trump did not pay income taxes in 1978, 1979, 1984, 1991, and 1993

Really?

He should not have tried to threaten them.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

NYT I take everything back

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Arcanen posted:

Ughh, now the NYT is going to be be insufferably self-righteous about their amazing journalistic integrity blah blah blah, despite being king of the truth is in the middle horserace bullshit for this entire election.

That said, can't wait to see the meltdown that comes from this, cause holy poo poo.

I will legit forgive them if this scandal actually destroys him.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The one annoying part of every massive bombshell like this is waiting to see if it actually hits after it drops.

Still, I think the debate took that bullshit aura of invincibility off the bastard and he's taking on water now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

So we're doing well enough that the new Arzying is Tom Clancy poo poo.

Good sign.

• Locked thread