Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Ohhh yeahhhhh new month

I am going to continue playing Yakuza: Dead Souls and finishing the DLC case from the new Phoenix Wright game

Yakuza: DS doesn't have GREAT gameplay but it's fun enough blasting zombies in Korean Soap Opera Crime Land

HEAT SNIPE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Doctor Spaceman posted:

What are the big selling points of Civ 6? I like 4X games but I feel pretty happy with Endless Legend and Civ 5 for the moment.

It'll probably be buggy and broken until the first expansion arrives. Just like every previous Civ game.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I just had my first actual Doom modding release and I'm feeling proud about it so I am posting it here too:

CJacobs posted:

Well, I dunno if it'll all fall apart horribly when other people download it, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Here we go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7o67zUjvfQ

Download it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8417a764284jui8/Manor%20Demo.rar?dl=0

NOTE: You almost certainly need Z/GZDoom to play this, I don't know if it'll work in other engines.

My first released Doom campaign will be an eerie, Southern Gothic-inspired trip to the depths of hell titled The Devil's Tattoo. This is the first map! The final release will probably restructure a few things, this is mostly to demonstrate the general speed of the campaign as well as its aesthetic and some of its gameplay elements.

Please let me know if it all works or not (and tell me if you know of any other places I can post about this) since it's obviously my first time doing this and all. :v:

:woop:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Oct 1, 2016

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Paper Mario actually looks really interesting but also looks like they could mess it up easily

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

'Sup October games thread, I'm looking forward to playing MK XL a year late, buying Duke 3D again, and playing Skyrim again.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I want to play Playstation vita games but my expensive proprietary memory card died

Happy October

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Rexroom posted:

Does anyone have $400 to spare?

I'm assuming you'll also need whatever the price of the ps4 ultra neo edition is if you want to maintain a high enough framerate to not vomit every time you use the PSVR

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Adam Bowen posted:

I'm assuming you'll also need whatever the price of the ps4 ultra neo edition is if you want to maintain a high enough framerate to not vomit every time you use the PSVR
Yeah they said neo would give psvr higher framerates at the neo reveal and I was like "uhh shouldn't framerate be top priority no matter the platform"

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Guess its time to buy Duke Nukem 3D for the up-teenth time, even if the rumors about it are kinda worrying.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So, like, is it me or is Pac-Man Championship Editon 2 kind of overly-bloated? I think i liked the first one more. The new one has more features but they feel kinda gimmicky rather than fun and the massive nerf to ghosts just feels weird.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My only problem with CE2 is that I'm too old and slow to play it properly....

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

My only problem with CE2 is that I'm too old and slow to play it properly....

It's faster but I don't think it's faster in a good way. They made a lot of design decisions in favor of making everything turbo but instead it sort of leaves a lot of stuff without impact. Yeah, it's fast, but the fact that you can bump into ghosts multiple times before they even become able to hurt you, is silly. It actually feels less intense to me than CE1.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Maybe this is the month where I won't just lose track of the thread. Probably not though.

Looking forward to finally playing the Tomb Raider again this month and also buying Rez for the third time.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
My friends and I have gone back to Left 4 Dead 2 as our October Spooky Game. I still mostly play the campaigns from 1 though because they were way better. 2 has too many big, open spaces to meander through.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I might dig out Resident Evil Remake.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
It's not very spooky but me and my friends started playing Overcooked and it's pretty fun. You definitely need 4 people or else its pretty difficult on certain levels.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah! After a bunch of tries I finally beat my previous Devil Daggers record. I managed to last for 165.9035 seconds before getting blindsided by a satan-horned skull. I think I've got the first minute down to a science, though excecution's obviously the problem, especially against the spider. It's a really fantastic game, stressful in all the right ways but every death is your fault. Not usually into score-attack games but this is definitely a notable exception.

Oh yeah and I also just discovered that the menu music loving owns.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

when i roll up teen wolfin' on the ambulance top

this weekend's weekly rules. eyes with guitar and crown of love. strong spirit, trigger fingers, long arms, hammerhead. i would have liked bloodlust in there but second stomach definitely did work

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Golden Goat posted:

It's time for spooky games

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Stay safe, skeltal tower

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Maybe it's just a symptom of a diseased mind (my own) but the Paper Mario Color Splash gif in the email Nintendo sent out is some body horror stuff:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wamdoodle posted:

Maybe it's just a symptom of a diseased mind (my own) but the Paper Mario Color Splash gif in the email Nintendo sent out is some body horror stuff:

I drink your toadshake!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone edited that gif to place the straw slightly to the left yet?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Wamdoodle posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaa

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Nag Reflex posted:

Has anyone edited that gif to place the straw slightly to the left yet?

then it wouldn't be on his mouth ??

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

He sucked that straw til the toad turned white

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sometimes I feel like a colourless silhouette of myself, drained by a shy guy with a straw

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
My toadshake brings all the shyguys to the yard

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Paper Mario actually looks really interesting but also looks like they could mess it up easily

It accidentally unlocked a couple of weeks ago for people who preloaded it, and everything I've heard about it sounds good.

PantsBandit posted:

My friends and I have gone back to Left 4 Dead 2 as our October Spooky Game. I still mostly play the campaigns from 1 though because they were way better. 2 has too many big, open spaces to meander through.

You can just play the campaigns from 1 in 2, can't you?
Back when I still played it, those mods that allowed like 20 players at the same time were so much goddamn fun.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

raditts posted:

It accidentally unlocked a couple of weeks ago for people who preloaded it, and everything I've heard about it sounds good.

My understanding is that the writing is better but the gameplay is still very bare bones.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

My understanding is that the writing is better but the gameplay is still very bare bones.

As long as the game doesn't murder you with tutorials like the recent Mario and Luigi games, I'm interested.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
is Mario and Luigi not the game that tells you to press A to advance the dialogue while there is a flashing letter 'a' in the corner of the dialogue box, having pressed 'a' to get into said dialogue in the first place

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Lurdiak posted:

As long as the game doesn't murder you with tutorials like the recent Mario and Luigi games, I'm interested.

I thought they toned that down with Paper Jam?
It was excruciating in Dream Team, though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

raditts posted:

I thought they toned that down with Paper Jam?
It was excruciating in Dream Team, though.

Not at all. All they did was add a button that lets you fast forward dialogue. But the game still constantly stops dead in its tracks to explain mechanics, recap plot, restate what your current goal is, etc. I really don't understand why they do this. The original Mario and Luigi game did just fine by having Mario point at something and Luigi say "Oh yeah!" and then they were off.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

toad is dead and i am okay with that

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Were the paper crafts in Paper Jam made out of paper Toads or did I imagine that?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

tap my mountain posted:

Were the paper crafts in Paper Jam made out of paper Toads or did I imagine that?

They were carried by paper toads.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

nutted but she still sucking

https://i.imgur.com/oVwlCzL.mp4

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Lurdiak posted:

Not at all. All they did was add a button that lets you fast forward dialogue. But the game still constantly stops dead in its tracks to explain mechanics, recap plot, restate what your current goal is, etc. I really don't understand why they do this. The original Mario and Luigi game did just fine by having Mario point at something and Luigi say "Oh yeah!" and then they were off.

Most of the battle mechanics got a really brief explanation and the game basically told you to check out the battle guide if you wanted more details. So they ironed that out at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

raditts posted:

You can just play the campaigns from 1 in 2, can't you?
Back when I still played it, those mods that allowed like 20 players at the same time were so much goddamn fun.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. I just avoid the campaigns from 2 because they are almost universally bad.

I could play No Mercy and Dead Air all day though.,

• Locked thread