Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Great Joe posted:

Apparently diversity should be sexier? I don't actually get what they're going for.

the sexy thing was separate from the diversity thing and basically his criticism is that in hollywood if theres 2 people getting through danger they should be romantic tension because that's how movies have always worked.

it seemed like it bled together because he transitions from saying that the finn character doesn't do anything important in the movie and he probably thinks he only exists to get a black guy in the film but that's cool as long as he gets to gently caress the girl cause thats how movies go.

idk personally. the new movie feels really lifeless to me so maybe some romantic tension would spice it up but i think the issue is more that its a weak copy of the old movies with a much less understandable story but i'm no youtube expert so what do i know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

What are some good recent Star Wars games? Last I played was like the Old Republic

star wars kinect is funny and humor is good

do you mean kotor or the mmo thing?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Looper posted:

adding in some spicy romantic tension would make it even more lifeless and also that criticism sounds super dumb

no for sure. like mike is upset that kylo doesn't get handsy with the protag while she's bound to the table in the PG rated baby movie so you know he's a nutbag

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mordja posted:

I played Eve Valkyrie

shoulda picked heist or battlezone or rez or whatever. i've never played EV but it just looks lame and unimaginative to me from footage.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

I dunno if it's a good computer, probably not, and even if it was I wouldn't want to get it or anything. I just like how aldi is like "hi I'm a grocery store, this week's deals are meat, jaffa cakes, chainsaws, and this computer"

i don't think there's a graphics card in there. an i3 cpu is also in the dust of i5 and i7 models that gamers use now.

i think its for streaming your movies and music to your home theater, which is probably better off done with a 150 dollar ps3 or 360 than a 400 dollar computer

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Phantasium posted:

I highly suggest that whoever it was that had the PSVR on preorder look at bits of that long 5 hour stream GiantBomb did with it because it looks real bad.

while i support not buying vr, i think gb had either a broken setup or were doing something wrong cause no other reviewer i watched had the head tracking issues as bad as they had. part of it might be jeff's high level of experience with other more expensive headset/camera array set ups vs people who aren't expecting to do more than sit at their desk right in front of the camera idk.

cancel your preorder in general imo regardless.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if you can't get out of bed for your real life, its probably not good to spend 12 hours a day playing an addictive simulated life

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its exactly limbo again for about 2 of its 3 hours. when it actually gets cool and actiony instead of lame easy puzzley its over.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZokdmzvDGA

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im on the last zone of rocket slime. Game owns But i wish the tank battles were more challenging. You can't lose if you jump over right away and just guard the enemy guns.

Also my ds lites d pad is not as comfy as i remember.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Mann posted:

Speaking of terrible space games run by independently wealthy conmen with delusional fans, any news of No Man's Sky's big content update that's totally going to add in basebuilding and multiplayer and actual interesting worlds and creatures?

the dev hasn't tweeted since intentionally not answering accusations on launch day so probably not.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Mann posted:

To be fair, the fact that disgruntled customers were tracking down their physical address to post pictures of it to the internet is a pretty good argument for going into hiding :v:

they told everyone where their office was

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Edmond Dantes posted:

Oh man, I was checking Dragon Quest Builders after seeing the chat here and it looked really sweet and I was getting all worked up and went to check prices and...

It's not on PC.

:negative:

Owned

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its so close to dark cloud 1. its awesome

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

DQBuilders doesn't fix the one problem I have with games like this, why can't every single chest I make share an inventory (maybe make this optional but still). Why do I have to remember which chest has the weapons I'm not using and which ones has the blocks I'm not using? It's great that crafting stations just pull from all your chests, so why can't PULLING FROM CHESTS pull from all your chests?!

I want to lay in bed and smoke weed and chill out, not have to remember poo poo!

you aren't supposed to be using chests for storage. you're supposed to use the coffer which you can access at any time through your inventory even in the field.

chests are room requirement items for like the workshop and the kitchen for npcs to drop off what they made for you.
you only need to check them every so often and take whats in them and put it in your coffer.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i assume wanting to have their games and their luckey too

Monkey Fracas posted:

Goddammit how has Nintendo kept the lid on the NX for so long

they haven't made it yet :ninja: can't leak what isn't real.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wamdoodle posted:

Well Wang IS a hired mercenary.

i also named my dqb character wang

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oddium posted:

every time someone mentions dq builders i think they're talking about Zoku Zoku!! Blizzard Summer!!, a ps1 sim where you manage a dairy queen for one summer

sounds awesome

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I got recommended that haedox guys vids and they all suck

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its game of the month easy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm not very far but I messed around a little with a second floor for the forge/blacksmith room but I didn't seem to get points for anything I put in the second floor (my stairs were inside the room though, not outside like that screenshot) Also the camera made it impossible to see anything when you were in the first floor but I have the ability to make glass now so maybe that's not a problem if you make some windows or something

It's a super fun game though. I never could get into Minecraft/Terraria but I love this

R3 lets you see in 1st person in enclosed spaces but its not ideal.

Just make sure to put rooms you never visit on lower floors, like npc bedrooms

Ideally they would have done an xray type thing through roofs but they didnt.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Oct 15, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

No idea I never touch the horizontal one and it's right 99.9% of the time.

Same

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Flight games were a large proportion of early
3d games and they ruined my brain

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Private rooms are worth way fewer points than those buildings. Make everyone sleep in a cheap inn and build your hothouse and cafe

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Name all characters goku

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

anybody else see this youtube channel?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBiIWuQNQHU

the guy makes super polished internet documentaries about the real life history of common guns in video games.
probably went insane from living on knife crime island. but his voice is well suited.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

it really rules. also grats on that falling down av.

gently caress yes!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Looper posted:

which was the bad dogs game, Sleeping or Watch?

SD is good
W_D is bad

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

goferchan posted:

Yes but only for games that get a patch.

true but it remains to be seen what will happen when a game that bottlenecks on the ps4's terrible cpu gets the extra overclocked power of the pro and the gpu boost as well might impact other games. its all case by case though.

the unpatched games won't be looking for the extra power or anything but the tiny boost on xb1s improved several games' ability to stick closer to target fps, so its possible that in situations where bloodborne is chugging the chugging is less intense on pro

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

Sony has said online games won't get any Pro patches because it'd give Pro players an advantage, so it's not going to happen since the Bloodsouls franchise relies pretty heavily on its online social aspect.

sony's quote on this is here:
https://pvplive.net/c/playstation-4-pro-actually-wont-increase-your-fram

the only thing they said is they won't increase target framerate on pro for pvp games. the games could still be patched in other ways and also incidental differences between the hardware such as faster loading times on pro or closer performance to target may still give advantages however slight.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

does the new shadow warrior have the dance moves from the first game or are abilities handled in a more traditional way?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

PantsBandit posted:

I thought the gameplay in The Last of Us was really, really good and fun. I like being stealthy though so I guess it wouldn't be as good if you want to shoot everything.

i would have liked more enemy and environmental puzzle variety. also maybe one less underground sewer/tunnel section and one more section as cool and different as the sniper nest

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

This top-down bullshit in Transformers: Devastation basically killed the game for me. I've failed this poo poo like four times and I have no desire to play it. Why did they do this?

i agree that it sucks but just avoid all the bad guys.

there is another sloppy perspective change ahead but at least its silly fun instead of dumb poo poo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mystic Mongol posted:

So. I've been using Xbox 360 controllers with my PC for a while now, and I enjoy the ease of setup and how many programs support them natively, plug and play. It's getting kind of hard to get my hands on them, though, and occasionally they break because I like to drop things down the stairwell. If I switch to XBox One wired controllers, will they work just as well?

They are basically the same controller so i would think so. I think steam is putting in native ds4 support too so you have lots of options

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lizard Wizard posted:

hi what's up is civ 6 good?

its just more civ i heard

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bloodychill posted:

It took them nearly years but they finally did. Assuming Scorpio actually exists maybe they're finally getting stuff real right? Big assumption though, I guess.

a 500 dollar system with no exclusives vs pc doesn't sound right but idk.

now a portable hybrid system thatsa very nice

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bloodychill posted:

I mean, if it's how ever many darrylflops that they're claiming, it's a nice value vs. an equivalent PC. It just doesn't sound likely.

The switch looks neat except the tiny optional baby-hand controllers.

it will be very powerful. it will play all of the many halos and forzas at once.

having used an OG 3ds and vita slim for years the switch will be like a giant's console in comparison

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

im more worried about playing nes coop games with an analog stick than how small the joy con is but yeah i'd like to see one in person

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rexroom posted:

Nine more days...

Blazblue hype!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm playing the sabateur on 360 currently and the game is really funny in the way that player health is balanced around the janky controls, stealth system, etc. sean takes so many bullets and can fall from like 100 feet in the air its crazy but it really helps when you are trying to do some action and the game just won't understand what you want or a nazi sees you in cover despite facing the other way entirely from you. games a lot of fun too. the missions feel a lot different than the usual open world ones but its still early goings.

• Locked thread