Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh boy skylanders imaginators comin out this month

Likely not gonna get it but I'm excited to see the new skylander designs and backstories because those things get pretty funny sometimes in how dumb they are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

I don't know a thing about Skylanders but I googled them and the game's being developed by Toys for Bob and boy that takes me back - I put hours and hours into Star Control 2, and still love it to this day, even if it is a game where you have to use cheats to cut down on mining tedium. The species in that game were fantastic.

The skylanders designs imo are all over the place, some are pretty great and then a lot are just weirdly bland and boring. I get that it's primarily aimed at kids but you'd think they'd try to make all of the characters interesting instead of just some.

Like, seriously, here are two different figures from the Trap Team line.

What kid wants acorn-man

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

I dunno, acorn guy looks kinda cool. I like his little acorn hat with the horns. Very druid.

I think an acorn hat could look cool in a good design but I think the big issue for me is his face. He just kinda looks, idk, constipated or somethin

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I wanna believe

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
DIsney's Magical World 2 comes out this month

in europe

KCB wants it but we're in the US so she has to wait until next month. She liked the first game a bunch so she might preorder it to get the frozen costumes

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I thought civ 6 was already out

I could have sworn I remembered it coming out and people being disappointed because it wasn't like post-dlc civ 5

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
June-io Kun, the month where you play nothing but Kunio Kun games like River City Ransom and Super Dodgeball

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Ib is such a good game

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sup everybody, how's everyone doing?

I'm looking up costuming poo poo because I might throw together a cheapo costume for an upcoming anime convention, a costume that'd only require some baggy clothes, a burlap sack, and some rope, but idk how much it'd cost.

I want to try putting together this costume from this horror anthology manga

What is everybody else up to?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I've been meaning to expose myself to more American games so I booted up the original Uncharted off the Nathan Drake Collection. It's pretty neat so far, though pressing X every time to jump off cliffs and grab ledges can get annoying and I hope they fixed it to a Zelda-style auto-jump in later games

I havent played any of the uncharted games, mainly because they never caught my interest and also I don't have the right console for them. I'm glad you're having fun with it though, I've heard they are good games. I remember seeing the speedrun of it a few GDQs back and it was pretty hilarious.

Quest For Glory II posted:

did some writing and beat two more games tonight (Sideway New York and a hidden object game)

tomorrow I will start either on Titan Quest or Halfway (not related to Sideway). also Win the Game (which is not a meme but an early game by the Eldritch/Neon Struct devs that's free on Steam)

What kind of writing? Also, is Sideway that game where you play as like graffiti or something, I remember some game where you looked like a graffiti drawing and sideway sounds familiar.

Titan Quest is something I've been meaning to play too. Farthest I've ever gotten was up to Leonidas which is like...5% of the way into the game maybe??? It'd be like if I said the furthest I got into Mario 64 was Thwomp's Fortress.

Edmond Dantes posted:

Recording and editing mostly.

I did re-download AC4 to get some pirating going on and... it runs like arse on my 970. I'm talking 40fps with a few options tuned down, no idea what's up with that since my 660 could handle it perfectly. Not really going to lose sleep over it if I can't find a solution though, I've already played a lot of it.

I do not miss the recording and editing LP processes at all lol, that poo poo took for-fuckin-ever and was boring as hell.

AC4 is one of the two AC games I'm actually interested in trying, I've heard it's a pretty good game. I doubt I could run it though, and even if I could, I don't think I'd want to sink any time into it at this moment in time, too many other games I'm working my way through.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
RPGMayker

play all of the rpgmaker titles that somehow ended up in your steam library

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oof

She's gonna be at the con I'm going to. Again.

She's not very good.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9-1ZblryPE

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

precision posted:

You know, it's totally OK to only play 7 chords in your entire life. Legendary punk and folk artists have carved decades-spanning careers using even less than that.

But I mean I don't think she even needs the guitar. Nobody is gonna care if she remembers to go to D when she rhymes "Layton's British" with "Yaoi fetish".

This one's even worse in that regard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuXHGIMS5H8

Phantasium posted:

lol it's 2016 and game devs are still mad that people skip their cutscenes.

What's worse, devs being mad that people skip their story or devs being mad that people post their story to youtube

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Let's instead talk about that episode of star trek where they go get a piece of the action (that being the one where kirk and spock go to the planet of the mobsters)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I dunno if it's a good computer, probably not, and even if it was I wouldn't want to get it or anything. I just like how aldi is like "hi I'm a grocery store, this week's deals are meat, jaffa cakes, chainsaws, and this computer"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I once got a fortune cookie with the fortune "still hungry? eat another fortune cookie."

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

well why not posted:

sh/sc or reddit.com/r/buildapc / buildapcfor me would be able to get you a better deal going easily

Probably. Thankfully I'm fine with the pc I have right now, I was just posting that cause I thought it was funny that a grocery store's weekly ad included a computer

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Good morning, how is everybody doing today?

I hope everybody has been having a good week so far! :D

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

i caught a cold after the funeral i went to i think. i played a lot of Halfway (TBS game) and i'm at the last third of the game and it's really frustrating now, like enemies with crazy high armor and crazy good aiming while my 91% chance shot misses

im gonna eat a cough drop and play some picross 3d round 2

Picross 3D Round 2 looks like a good game and I had fun with the demo and I hope that in several years I'll be able to get it for cheaper. Idk when the first one is showing up on the wii u eshop or not tho

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Golden Goat posted:

Interesting, tell me more of this "Freedom Force"

Campy small-scale rts rpg where you control up to 4 superheroes going around fighting bad guys in a silver age comic book setting

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3BDoaCm2TQ

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The physics suck because I just wanted to throw a water tower at an enemy on a rooftop and the water tower kept hitting something along the way or not going far enough or bouncing just past the enemy!!

e: and also all the times I'd pick up a car and then immediately drop it while trying to throw it or throw it and it'd hit one of the many things in the way and do fuckall

or the street lamps that did lots of damage but iirc could also hit your allies

I didnt try to mess with physics much outside of explosive barrels since at least with those I didn't have to be precise :v:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm only up to the part where I just recruited not-aquaman and the one kid took a shot for minuteman and something something I think mentor and minuteman are having a fight

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
How long do you think until Devastation is $5 on steam? 3 or 4 more years? :v:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Happy birthday!

oddium posted:

my birthday is wednesday. happy birthday to the best birthday month people

Happy almost birthday :)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Also, I wish I knew how to play D&D but I always forget pretty much everything in between sessions and even with a DM book I could never figure out how to actually run a game.

I'm hoping that if I ever somehow have money and am able to obtain a copy of anything like uhh

I've heard they're super random but I don't really care, I know I'd have fun with them. If I could get mage knight, I'd probably enjoy that, too. And all of the Pixel Tactics decks.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I was really sad 4e never got some kinda computerized version where the rules and possible actions are laid out as nice buttons and the math is done for you.

WoWJoke.rtf

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I played like 4 sessions of 2 different 3.5e campaigns and 4 sessions of 1 4e campaign and tbh I liked the 3.5e stuff more if only because there was less of a focus on the combat. 5he 4e one felt like it was just a really long dungeon crawl where I spent the time just waiting to attack.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Andrast posted:

Both systems are just as focused on combat and dungeon crawling, 4e is just actually good at it so people tend to emphasize it more.

If you don't want a combat focused system, play something that isn't D&D.

A good group/gm can make anything great though.

I don't think the problem was that the systems are combat focused. I don't mind the combat. I just think the dm in the 4e case vastly overestimated how well we'd handle the combat encounters because they ended up turning into a tedious slog of just sitting around not really being able to do anything, while the 3.5e combat was easy enough that we could sorta blast through it at a reasonable pace and get to explore other stuff too

The worst was when I played shadowrun and I had never played it before and there were 3 other people playing and we had to wait until everybody was ready to go on a run, except the gm was like "look there's no way you're gonna find a 100% fail-proof way to do this run, it's too risky, you're gonna end up in some kind of combat somewhere along the way at some point" and the next 3 or so sessions (each session being around 2 hours each) were spent with me and 1 of the other players doing nothing but saying "our characters are at their day jobs" while the other two players kept trying to figure out a surefire 100% safe way to do the run

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Oct 7, 2016

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mage Knight looks p fuckin neat

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Snak posted:

A) yes it does, and B) it's reimplemented by Star Trek: Frontiers. So if you like Classic Star Trek instead of wizards, there's that.

Theyre both expensive as gently caress I imagine so I'm likely not gonna get to try either

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Snak posted:

Mage Knight is $60 on amazon. That's pretty much par for board game prices.

Unfortunatly, board games only go up in price over time, unless they are re-released. It's a real shame. There are some really good games that are only super expensive because they are rare.

Yeah unfortunately the cheapest I've found mage knight is 56 bucks and that's still a loooot of money. I don't expect to get it for super cheap somewhere down the line, I just wish I had the kind of income that would let me be a little spendy from time to time on extravagant things like mage knight and other stuff

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Am I wrong or do japanese games tend to get way more extravagant preorder deluxe versions (not necessarily better, just...more)?

Like, I am trying to think of an american preorder thing that had a lot of stuff in it and I can only think of uhh the duke nukem forever thing where it turned into a big disappointment because the goods that came with it were apparently really lame and I think the most recent gears of war had a version that came with a cosplay gun prop thing that came in different colors and it looked kinda neat

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yeah I know that AAA games tend to get big fancy preorder packages, I just meant that it seems like a lot of japanese games have it regardless and I wasn't sure if that was just confirmation bias on my part or if japan actually does do that kind of thing more often with its games, both AAA and not

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Funny thing about the dead island zombie lady torso is that it's a prime example of why infamy and bad PR don't always net you the same outcome as good PR. Riptide still sold like dogshit even with the 'controversy' surrounding the collector's edition.

Didn't we learn that already with that company that did the shadowman 2 poo poo or whatever it was called with the ads on graves? :v:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I went to an anime convention yesterday and played some wheel of fortune there again and won this

http://www.goodsmile.info/en/product/3656/Nendoroid+Petite+x+Mini+4WD+Racing+Miku+2012+ver+drives+Astute+Special.html

It's a cute model kit with a tiny miku thing, and hell, free poo poo is cool

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

mutata posted:

This owns.

Thanks

I also won from the same thing a 3d puzzle of jiji from kiki's delivery service

Though that second pic isn't accurate, the one I have doesn't have detachable ears, dunno why that was changed between versions

This was the third time they ran wheel of fortune at this con. The first time they ran it, kcb & I got to play and we both won first and second place respectively so we ended up with some cool poo poo, I ended up winning a special grand final prize that ended up being some miku racecar thing (like, just a racecar with miku decals), and they had that miku nendo car as a special wheel prize too and he didnt get rid of it til I got to try again the third time he ran the wheel of fortune. KCB got to play yesterday too and ended up getting to pick out a $20 amazon gift card or some anime merch (and went with the $20 gift card, I'd have gone with that too but I wasn't eligible to get it since most of my earnings came from the value of the miku nendo car thing). She also won some random rurouni kenshin stuff (two mini posters of sano and whoever that one girl that sold opium or whatever was and some keychain thing of some guy with two swords, dunno who)

:shrug: free stuff, cool, I feel bad for the person in was playing who had no clue how to play wheel of fortune tho and ended up losing, not having won any round

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Sega was good with console names

Real fuckin good

Was Ness' name in japanese earthbound still Ness, or was it like Fami or something like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Megadrive or Genesis, which was the better name

• Locked thread